Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Hey simmers! I've missed you all the last few days. My four year old has been extremely sick. I've been thinking of you all. @XxHannelorexX, what are you feeding her? I have a cat that kept gaining weight and we had to switch her to a food that didn't have corn products and such. They're more expensive but she really slimmed down on it!

I'm sorry to hear that your child has been unwell. I hope that they recover soon xx

It's mostly the Felix brand but I know that the quantity is mostly to blame :P She is quite greedy and would happily stuff her face all day if there was food in her dish, haha :)

Interesting to hear that your kitty slimmed down on a corn-free product though...if after reducing her portion sizes she still isn't losing down I will definitely look into that :) Thank you for the tip!

My other cat was like that...the portion thing. She would just gorge herself. It was a to do with being a rescue I think. Over time she eventually got better at it. I think once she realized she would always have enough, ya know? Food type didn't seem to have anything to do with it. The one that is bothered by it, she also has asthma. Never knew cats could have asthma until I rescued that poor cat. She's doing really well though

Aww, that makes sense. Poor kitty with asthma :( I didn't know that they could have that. Good to hear that she is doing well though <3

Misty is not a rescue cat, we adopted her from a pet shop where I am going to assume that she was always given enough food so she doesn't have the excuse of thinking perhaps no more food for awhile. She wasn't underweight when we got her at least (we got her at about 6 months old; poor thing stuck in a pet shop for 4 months! I am so happy to have given her a furever home <3 )
    My dog also has asthma and epilepsy. Poor baby just had his first seizure in months. I'm used to it but it was still extremely distressing to watch, especially when knowing you can't even come close to him during one because you might get bitten. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow to see if there's any medication I must give him. His seizures don't last over a couple of minutes, but they're extremely violent.

I am sorry that your dog has asthma and suffers from epilepsy. I hope the vet will able to help him.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hi to all. xx
    Big special hi @rosemow <3

I really can't say this week has been good cause it hasn't been. The stress of what happened to Michael became too much for my health and ended up pretty sick. I think I mentioned it here before, it got worse and I was like OMG what am I going to do? I don't want to leave Kayla here on her own, and so I soldiered through it. The antibiotics finally kicked in on the 3rd day but its taken more than usual to get over this. I have auto immune illness myself (Raynauds phenomenon) and it makes me sick, and also the nerve damage pain I experience every day. yikes. It's worse since Michael died, oh man its knocked me back to bed a few times. :s

Tom will be here tomorrow thankfully, he said enough is enough you need to be cared for girl!
    I am hoping by tomorrow I feel a little more better, so crossing my fingers. xx

Hope everyone here is doing ok, and coping with their daily lives. I know it can be hard, believe me it's hard. But have faith that things will turn around and will get better. Even after everything that has happened in my life last few weeks and months I am going to try keep that faith.
    I am keeping you all in my thoughts, and sending some hugs to you all. xx <3

Hello @christinebremner Sending lots of big and gentle hugs to you <3 You have been through so much these last months and it has intensified your underlying health issues. You have been under a lot of stress, and the effects of the traumatic event. It is good that the anti biotics have started to help. It is good that Tom will be arriving tomorrow to care for you and help support you. He sounds a very caring friend. He will be a good support and help for you and Kayla. If you continue to feel ill and the pain increases, you will feel that you can go to the hospital and Kayla won't be left on her own.
    Sending more big hugs to you <3 I hope that you feel a little less ill and that you have some times when the pain is not as bad. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

I slept so much yesterday and last night, but in between it all I found an outlet (on facebook of all places) a place called Fairyland. You tend your own garden while visiting others, really cool stuff goes on there its been at least 2 years since I was there. So I ended up been totally immersed and hours flew by, chatting and doing cool garden stuff. lol I like gardening just not a good one thats all. ;)
    So I am glad finally I got to have that diversion after all these weeks, no games were really working I found myself still thinking and thinking but this really helped. Its amazing how such a basic thing to use and have fun with did the trick. Weird?

That sounds like a lovely game, it is also good that you were able to get some rest.

I am sending you lots of hugs. :heart:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello @XxHannelorexX :) I hope that each day your Dad feels a bit more better as he recovers from his surgery.
    I hope that your uni studies go well this week.
    Sending warm thoughts to you :)
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Hello @XxHannelorexX :) I hope that each day your Dad feels a bit more better as he recovers from his surgery.

Thank you, rosemow :) He is doing well!

Uni is going okay too :)
  • Options

Thank you, rosemow :) He is doing well!

Uni is going okay too :)

Hello @XxHannelorexX :) I am glad that your Dad is doing well. I am keeping him and your family in my thoughts.
  • Options
    SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    Just checking in. Heading two hours away tomorrow to take my little one to see an orthopedist. I'll update tomorrow evening sometime! Wish us luck! <3
  • Options
    Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) I will be thinking of you as you go to see the orthopaedist. I hope the travelling there and back goes okay. Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) It was quite funny because we posted at the same time! I had posted my message to you, to say that I would be thinking of you, then after posting it, I saw that you had just posted too! It will be good to hear from you how the appointment goes.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    Hi to all. xx
    Big special hi @rosemow <3

I really can't say this week has been good cause it hasn't been. The stress of what happened to Michael became too much for my health and ended up pretty sick. I think I mentioned it here before, it got worse and I was like OMG what am I going to do? I don't want to leave Kayla here on her own, and so I soldiered through it. The antibiotics finally kicked in on the 3rd day but its taken more than usual to get over this. I have auto immune illness myself (Raynauds phenomenon) and it makes me sick, and also the nerve damage pain I experience every day. yikes. It's worse since Michael died, oh man its knocked me back to bed a few times. :s

Tom will be here tomorrow thankfully, he said enough is enough you need to be cared for girl!
    I am hoping by tomorrow I feel a little more better, so crossing my fingers. xx

Hope everyone here is doing ok, and coping with their daily lives. I know it can be hard, believe me it's hard. But have faith that things will turn around and will get better. Even after everything that has happened in my life last few weeks and months I am going to try keep that faith.
    I am keeping you all in my thoughts, and sending some hugs to you all. xx <3

Hello @christinebremner Sending lots of big and gentle hugs to you <3 You have been through so much these last months and it has intensified your underlying health issues. You have been under a lot of stress, and the effects of the traumatic event. It is good that the anti biotics have started to help. It is good that Tom will be arriving tomorrow to care for you and help support you. He sounds a very caring friend. He will be a good support and help for you and Kayla. If you continue to feel ill and the pain increases, you will feel that you can go to the hospital and Kayla won't be left on her own.
    Sending more big hugs to you <3 I hope that you feel a little less ill and that you have some times when the pain is not as bad. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

I slept so much yesterday and last night, but in between it all I found an outlet (on facebook of all places) a place called Fairyland. You tend your own garden while visiting others, really cool stuff goes on there its been at least 2 years since I was there. So I ended up been totally immersed and hours flew by, chatting and doing cool garden stuff. lol I like gardening just not a good one thats all. ;)
    So I am glad finally I got to have that diversion after all these weeks, no games were really working I found myself still thinking and thinking but this really helped. Its amazing how such a basic thing to use and have fun with did the trick. Weird?

That sounds like a fun game! :) At one stage I was really enjoying facebook games; spent wayyyyy too much time on them in high school :P Most of the games that I liked are no longer on there though. I'm tempted to try Fairyland but I tend to spend too much time on games already...adding another one to the list may be a bad idea for me :pensive:
    I am so glad that your are having fun with it! :)

Sending big warm hugs (especially in this nasty weather! Not sure if it's a bad where you are but I'm currently in the city and it is so cold and wet and windy) and thinking of you <3
  • Options
    Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) It was quite funny because we posted at the same time! I had posted my message to you, to say that I would be thinking of you, then after posting it, I saw that you had just posted too! It will be good to hear from you how the appointment goes.
    I'm getting anxious and I'm nervous because of the weather too. We were under tornado warnings here this evening and it's been raining all day...I sure hope it's better tomorrow. I get nervous driving to the big city. I'm a little small town girl so to have to drive in bad weather is just making me so nervous. Maybe I'm displacing my nerves over the baby onto the weather lol... :cold_sweat:

• Options
    I'm getting anxious and I'm nervous because of the weather too. We were under tornado warnings here this evening and it's been raining all day...I sure hope it's better tomorrow. I get nervous driving to the big city. I'm a little small town girl so to have to drive in bad weather is just making me so nervous. Maybe I'm displacing my nerves over the baby onto the weather lol... :cold_sweat:

Hello @SimplyEnchanted I send big hugs to you <3 The weather today doesn't sound too good. The weather may be better tomorrow though. It is understandable that you feel anxious and nervous about both seeing the doctor as well as the bad weather. I will be especially thinking of you throughout the day. You will have us all here keeping you in our thoughts and travelling with you, in our thoughts. Try to get some restful sleep tonight to prepare you for your travelling tomorrow. The orthopedist is a skilled doctor and will be able to help your child and provide the best treatment for her.
    Sending more big hugs to you <3 and special thoughts to you :) I will be here wanting to hear how you get on.
  • Options
    rbmm1974rbmm1974 Posts: 42 Member
    This is a great thread!! It's comforting to know you can talk to people about things in your life especially when you can't tell your friends because your family doesn't want their friends to know until they know everything themselves.

On that note. I feel like life is handing more than I can deal with. I found out in February that I need heart surgery. Not sure yet if it will be open heart surgery or less abrasive surgery but surgery non the less. I've had a hole in my heart since birth. I was told if it doesn't close at 18 you'll be fine don't worry. Fast forward a few decades later my right side in enlarged because of the hole. So that will be over my summer vacation. I'm praying for the less abrasive. Then a few weeks ago my mom got an upper respiratory infection that wouldn't go away. They sent her for a chest x-ray and found something. So now she has to go through tests to rule out lung cancer. On top of all this my car has been in and out of the mechanic for two weeks because I needed some normal wear and tear work (brakes, rotors, oil change, and shocks). Kept saying something doesn't feel right with my car it makes strange sounds when I turn or go over bumps. So they finally figured out I need back stabilizers put on because if they don't my car will bottom out. Now I've been using the same mechanic for over 30 years and we have never had an issue. They try to save us money when they can but this time the weekend guy wasn't thinking clearly. What would of happened if the back of my car bottomed out while my first grader was in the car? Not a good situation, but I still trust my mechanic with all my heart. Hopefully I will get "Nala", as my daughter calls my car, back tomorrow. And the icing on the cake is getting asthmatic bronchitis due to season change.

I really can't handle much more bad news. I may just crack....or maybe I should open up all 250 boxes of girl scout cookies I have in my house and start eating them. Nah my daughter would have angry customers and I'd be very sick. LOL
  • Options
    Just checking in. Heading two hours away tomorrow to take my little one to see an orthopedist. I'll update tomorrow evening sometime! Wish us luck! <3

I hope the appointment goes okay tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rbmm1974 wrote: »
    This is a great thread!! It's comforting to know you can talk to people about things in your life especially when you can't tell your friends because your family doesn't want their friends to know until they know everything themselves.

On that note. I feel like life is handing more than I can deal with. I found out in February that I need heart surgery. Not sure yet if it will be open heart surgery or less abrasive surgery but surgery non the less. I've had a hole in my heart since birth. I was told if it doesn't close at 18 you'll be fine don't worry. Fast forward a few decades later my right side in enlarged because of the hole. So that will be over my summer vacation. I'm praying for the less abrasive. Then a few weeks ago my mom got an upper respiratory infection that wouldn't go away. They sent her for a chest x-ray and found something. So now she has to go through tests to rule out lung cancer. On top of all this my car has been in and out of the mechanic for two weeks because I needed some normal wear and tear work (brakes, rotors, oil change, and shocks). Kept saying something doesn't feel right with my car it makes strange sounds when I turn or go over bumps. So they finally figured out I need back stabilizers put on because if they don't my car will bottom out. Now I've been using the same mechanic for over 30 years and we have never had an issue. They try to save us money when they can but this time the weekend guy wasn't thinking clearly. What would of happened if the back of my car bottomed out while my first grader was in the car? Not a good situation, but I still trust my mechanic with all my heart. Hopefully I will get "Nala", as my daughter calls my car, back tomorrow. And the icing on the cake is getting asthmatic bronchitis due to season change.

I really can't handle much more bad news. I may just crack....or maybe I should open up all 250 boxes of girl scout cookies I have in my house and start eating them. Nah my daughter would have angry customers and I'd be very sick. LOL

I can sympathize and understand, my health is getting worse, as is a close family members.

I am thinking of you, we are all here to listen and support you. :)
  • Options
    Most frustrating day that I've had in a very long time :neutral:

Can I punch something? Colossal waste of time. The lady completely ignored us. Ran in and out of the room in under 5 minutes and talked in an annoying sing songy voice. She said that my daughter's muscle spasms that she cries over is normal. She says that her falling and injuring herself due to the lax joints and not walking for 5 days and limping for nearly two weeks is normal...I don't think so.
  • Options

Hello @rbmm1974 I send big hugs to you! <3 There are a lot of concerning and worrying things that you are going through in your life. It can be very overwhelming. I will be thinking of you as you prepare for your heart operation. Please let us know when you find out what type of operation that it will be and when it is, and then we can especially be thinking of you leading up to that day, as well as when you have the operation and are recovering from the surgery. I am sorry to hear that there has been something found when your mother had the chest X-ray. I will keep her in my thoughts as she has further tests to find out the cause. Please let us know the results. I am glad that the problems with the car were found before an accident occurred. It is not good to have asthmatic bronchitis. It doesn't help you feel too well with your heart and lungs. Season changes hurt out health. I send lots more big hugs to you! <3 I will keep you and your mother in my thoughts. Please post here whenever you would like to post and talk. We are here to listen, and care so much about what is happening in your life.
    Sending more special thoughts to you :) Sending a hello to your daughter too.
  • Options

Can I punch something? Colossal waste of time. The lady completely ignored us. Ran in and out of the room in under 5 minutes and talked in an annoying sing songy voice. She said that my daughter's muscle spasms that she cries over is normal. She says that her falling and injuring herself due to the lax joints and not walking for 5 days and limping for nearly two weeks is normal...I don't think so.

Hello @SimplyEnchanted I am sorry that your medical appointment with the orthopedist didn't go too well, and that you did not receive any help. Perhaps you could go back to your local doctor and discuss the situation with her/him. It is not good after your travelling concerns, when you feel that you did not receive the medical help that you needed, and that the appointment lasted only a short time. I send big hugs to you <3 You have had a big day, both with the travelling, and the worry and stress about your daughter and seeing the doctor. Try to get some rest now. Sending another hug to you <3
  • Options

Girl scout cookies might be good :smile: But just a box lol...don't eat all 250. Will be praying that it goes well with your surgery and that Nala gets back to you safe and sound very soon

• Options

Hello @SimplyEnchanted I am sorry that your medical appointment with the orthopedist didn't go too well, and that you did not receive any help. Perhaps you could go back to your local doctor and discuss the situation with her/him. It is not good after your travelling concerns, when you feel that you did not receive the medical help that you needed, and that the appointment lasted only a short time. I send big hugs to you <3 You have had a big day, both with the travelling, and the worry and stress about your daughter and seeing the doctor. Try to get some rest now. Sending another hug to you <3

Her therapists are frustrated as well. I'm not doing anything else yet. I'm gonna wait until after we see the rheumatologist on May 4th before I even consider setting appointments for anything else.

• Options

Her therapists are frustrated as well. I'm not doing anything else yet. I'm gonna wait until after we see the rheumatologist on May 4th before I even consider setting appointments for anything else.

It will be good for you to see the Rheumatologist on May 4th and go from there. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Sending another hug to you <3
  • Options
    AshlynneAshlynne Posts: 288 Member

Welcome to the thread! People here are very supportive. Sometimes it's just nice to get some things off your chest without any unwanted side effects. :)

I'm sorry you have so much going on and I hope it lets up soon. I can say that during my roughest times I was surprised at how incredibly durable humans are. We think we can't take any more, then one more gets piled on, and we continue the mental juggling act. But one by one the apples you juggle get eaten and things start to go back to some semblance of "normal". Hmm, now I want apple pie. Do they make apple pie Girl Scout cookies?

<hugs to you>
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.
  • Options
    AshlynneAshlynne Posts: 288 Member

Oh no! Wow, that's crazy. I find so many medical (cough) "professionals" to be completely aloof. Are you able to get a second opinion?

<hugs to you>
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.
  • Options
    rbmm1974rbmm1974 Posts: 42 Member
    @Ashlynne unfortunately they don't make apple pie cookies. I really miss chocolate chocolate chunk, although rah-rah-raisain are pretty good.
  • Options
    Ashlynne wrote: »

Oh no! Wow, that's crazy. I find so many medical (cough) "professionals" to be completely aloof. Are you able to get a second opinion?

<hugs to you>
    I'm going to wait until after she has seen the rheumatologist before I go through the hassle of getting referrals and such again.
  • Options
    Hello @christinebremner Sending big huge hugs to you with it being Kayla's birthday tomorrow. <3 I will be especially thinking of you as you are thinking about Michael in the midst of her birthday. Sending lots of special thoughts to you. Another hug too, <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top