Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rbmm1974rbmm1974 Posts: 42 Member
    I got my car back. YEAH "Nala" is fine only her normal noises. At least that's one thing that's better.

@rosemow when I know more about me I will post it here. At least I will get lots of Sims time while I'm recovering regardless of which surgery I have. Although I will have to plan some vacations for friends because that's my side job.

I'm nuts I know. Wife, mother, teacher, travel agent, Girl Scout Leader for my daughter's troop, Simmer, scrapbooking. Wish I had more hours in the day for playing the Sims and scrapbooking but that will come one day.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    rbmm1974 wrote: »
    I got my car back. YEAH "Nala" is fine only her normal noises. At least that's one thing that's better.

@rosemow when I know more about me I will post it here. At least I will get lots of Sims time while I'm recovering regardless of which surgery I have. Although I will have to plan some vacations for friends because that's my side job.

I'm nuts I know. Wife, mother, teacher, travel agent, Girl Scout Leader for my daughter's troop, Simmer, scrapbooking. Wish I had more hours in the day for playing the Sims and scrapbooking but that will come one day.

Hello @rbmm1974 :) It is great that you have got your car Nala back! That is great!
    I will be thinking of you as you wait to hear more about your upcoming surgery. Simming is an enjoyable way of spending time when recovering from surgery.
    You are involved in many things in life! It is nice that you are a teacher, helping to equip students for their future ahead as they are learning new things at school. It is great that you are a Girl Scout Leader. You would have fun leading the troop.
    Your work as a travel agent sounds very interesting. You would enjoy helping others plan their trips around the countries and around the world. It is nice that you are involved in helping your friends with their vacation plans.
    Scrap booking is a very nice way of expressing our creativity. It is nice doing scrapbooking of special events in our lives. We can then keep looking at them always and they bring back happy memories.
    Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2015
    Quick update on my mum-
    She's been back in hospital since last Friday - she went to go start her chemo and her stats were a bit too low and the fluid on her lungs returned so they kept her in. But today they're starting to prepare her for chemo with antibody injections and something else but I've forgotten what my dad said. She's doing okay though, feeling a lot better than last week :) I haven't seen her since the weekend though as I was feeling ill the past two days with a headache and the sniffles, figured not to go to see her in hospital in case I spread it to the ward which I don't want to do - all the ladies, as lovely as they all are, on her ward all have respiratory problems and most (there's only 8 to a ward) have some form of cancer and they've all been bonding and giving my mum advice which I think has reassured her a lot.

So there you go :) I hope everyone has a great day today. Sending positive vibes and thoughts to everyone <3
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    Quick update on my mum-
    She's been back in hospital since last Friday - she went to go start her chemo and her stats were a bit too low and the fluid on her lungs returned so they kept her in. But today they're starting to prepare her for chemo with antibody injections and something else but I've forgotten what my dad said. She's doing okay though, feeling a lot better than last week :) I haven't seen her since the weekend though as I was feeling ill the past two days with a headache and the sniffles, figured not to go to see her in hospital in case I spread it to the ward which I don't want to do - all the ladies, as lovely as they all are, on her ward all have respiratory problems and most (there's only 8 to a ward) have some form of cancer and they've all been bonding and giving my mum advice which I think has reassured her a lot.

So there you go :) I hope everyone has a great day today. Sending positive vibes and thoughts to everyone <3

Hello @KoumoriDiru I am sorry to hear that the fluid on her lungs returned, and that she needed to be kept in hospital. It is good that she is doing better now than when she was admitted to hospital. I will keep her in my thoughts as she has the antibody injections and prepares for the chemo. I am sorry that you haven't been too well. It is not nice having headaches and a cold. It was wise and very thoughtful of you not to go to the hospital, so as not to spread it to the other ladies. They would have weakened immune systems. It is nice that your Mum has the ladies to support her and give helpful advice. It would be reassuring for her. They sound caring ladies. They would understand what she is going through and how she is feeling.
    Thankyou for letting us know your mother and yourself are going. I hope that you feel better very soon. Sending big hugs to you <3 and I will keep your Mum, Dad and yourself in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Quick update on my mum-

I am sorry to hear this, it is nice that the other patients are helping to support your mum, and are giving her advice.

I will be keeping you all in my thoughts. I am sending you lots of hugs. :)
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Good news is that I got new cooking range a couple weeks ago. It takes longer on preheating than the other stove does. That good sign.
  • Options
    james64468 wrote: »
    Good news is that I got new cooking range a couple weeks ago. It takes longer on preheating than the other stove does. That good sign.

Hello @james64468 :) It is great that you have got a new cooking range kitchen appliance. It will be good to do the cooking of your meals on.
    I hope that you are having a nice weekend :)
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    james64468 wrote: »

Hello @james64468 :) It is great that you have got a new cooking range kitchen appliance. It will be good to do the cooking of your meals on.
    I hope that you are having a nice weekend :)

Yep I am having nice weekend. It been interesting one. I spent at least 2 hours cleaning. 5 or more hours moving to windows 8.1. It seems that move has helped a lot. Computer seems faster.
  • Options
    xmegamanaxmegamana Posts: 81 Member
    I've got loads of things to go to, I have to learn what's acceptable to say and do and stuff like that.
    I'm on the autism spectrum. It makes me quite angry when they tell me things I know but I have to admit that they have told me quite a few things such as, "Small talk is good for relationships on facebook, passing or on the phone to keep up connections".
    Then I realised that's what it's like on the sims and that's why I never have any friends in the sims world xD
  • Options
    xmegamana wrote: »
    I've got loads of things to go to, I have to learn what's acceptable to say and do and stuff like that.
    I'm on the autism spectrum. It makes me quite angry when they tell me things I know but I have to admit that they have told me quite a few things such as, "Small talk is good for relationships on facebook, passing or on the phone to keep up connections".
    Then I realised that's what it's like on the sims and that's why I never have any friends in the sims world xD

Hello @xmegamana Talking with Simmers on threads on the forums is a good way of making simming friends. It is good to talk with fellow simmers who all have The Sims as a common interest. It is great talking about what is happening in our games with our sims and their lives. Also here in the Off Topic you can talk about a variety of different topics.
    I will keep you in my thoughts as you live with autism and how it affects your daily life from day to day.
  • Options
    xmegamanaxmegamana Posts: 81 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > xmegamana wrote: »
    >
    > I've got loads of things to go to, I have to learn what's acceptable to say and do and stuff like that.
    > I'm on the autism spectrum. It makes me quite angry when they tell me things I know but I have to admit that they have told me quite a few things such as, "Small talk is good for relationships on facebook, passing or on the phone to keep up connections".
    > Then I realised that's what it's like on the sims and that's why I never have any friends in the sims world xD
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello xmegamana Talking with Simmers on threads on the forums is a good way of making simming friends. It is good to talk with fellow simmers who all have The Sims as a common interest. It is great talking about what is happening in our games with our sims and their lives. Also here in the Off Topic you can talk about a variety of different topics.
    > I will keep you in my thoughts as you live with autism and how it affects your daily life from day to day.

Thank you < 3
  • Options
    Hello @XxHannelorexX :) I have been thinking of your Dad as he is recovering from his operation. I hope that his healing and rehabilitation physical therapy are going well.
    Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
  • Options
    SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    It's a new week! Last week was brutal but I hope to find some time to be around more this week! <3 Trying to catch up on the thread!
  • Options
    It's a new week! Last week was brutal but I hope to find some time to be around more this week! <3 Trying to catch up on the thread!

Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) Sending lots of hugs to you <3 I hope that this new week will hold special moments for you each day. I am keeping you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    hGQ5ld.png

Hope everyone is having a good Monday ^_^
  • Options
    Hello @KoumoriDiru :) The Japanese picture that you posted is so very calming and restful! It is very nice! Thank you very much for posting it. :)
    I am keeping your Mum and yourself in my thoughts as she undergoes her treatment for cancer.
    Sending big hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Hello @KoumoriDiru :) The Japanese picture that you posted is so very calming and restful! It is very nice! Thank you very much for posting it. :)
    I am keeping your Mum and yourself in my thoughts as she undergoes her treatment for cancer.

You're very welcome :)
    Thank you very much. She's doing great, so whatever you're doing is working :smiley:
    Hugs back <3 Hope you're having a wonderful Monday
  • Options
    Just an update after my frustration last week...

I put in an inquiry with a geneticist and I heard back from them! They have a super long waiting list usually but two of the kids get to see her in August! It seems so far away but I'm hopeful.
  • Options
    Quick update on my mum-

Glad to hear she's doing a little better. I hope you're feeling better too!

• Options
    Quick update on my mum-

Glad to hear she's doing a little better. I hope you're feeling better too!

Thank you :) I am feeling better thanks
    I hope all goes well with the geneticist
  • Options
    Just an update after my frustration last week...

I put in an inquiry with a geneticist and I heard back from them! They have a super long waiting list usually but two of the kids get to see her in August! It seems so far away but I'm hopeful.

Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) It is great that you have got an appointment for your kids to see the geneticist in August! It will be very helpful in their health conditions. The time will pass, and it is a great step ahead.
    Thank you for letting us know :)
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member

You're very welcome :)
    Thank you very much. She's doing great, so whatever you're doing is working :smiley:
    Hugs back <3 Hope you're having a wonderful Monday

Thank you for your kind words to everyone here.

I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts. :heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top