Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello to everyone. xx I hope you are doing better and life isn't so hectic. I haven't been able to catch up and read on it all but I do hope situations for everyone has gotten better. I am sending big hugs to you all. xxx <3

I haven't been on here very much, I became very ill and I was worried for a while there. I have secondary Raynauds and the symptoms are horrible, the cold hates me now as much as my body hates it and its just a terrible thing to have. I have lost half of two toes over it, it can get very nasty and the all over body pain is horrendous. Put that on top of a nerve condition too and OH boy does it get out of hand sometimes. I am better now, just taking it easy and resting a lot at the moment.
    I have been busy also trying to get myself educated more on advocating and have had some success with it. The support I am getting is great and as time goes by I am hoping to make a huge impact.
    Michaels untimely death left me devastated not only emotionally but also financially. Myself and my 3 children are so lost right now and I get so sick I cannot even keep a job to pay for it all. I had to set up a fundraising campaign with Gofundme and with @rosemow permission I am allowed to post the link here. I will say there is no obligation to anything, just putting the link out there is good enough for me. It's also for raising awareness for people with mental health issues and other issues and I want to educate the police more here they need it. xx

http://www.gofundme.com/rx9jmk
    This link contains information and a direct link to my page for Michael.

Thank you @rosemow for allowing me to post the link here. xx <3 I appreciate it so much. *HUGS*

I have said this before, but I am so glad you have this thread rose it helped me through my darkest hours after losing Michael and the lead up to it. You are one amazing lady. <3 xx

Hello @christinebremner. Sending lots of big hugs to you! <3 It is not nice that you are experiencing so much body pain as a result of having secondary Raynauds. I will be especially thinking of you with the Autumntime leading soon into Wintertime, as the weather is getting colder for you. I send special thoughts to you as you endure through the pain, as well as cope with your nerve condition.
    It is good that you are feeling a bit less ill than you were. Resting is a good thing. Sleeping is a healing process and gives strength both inside and to your body to cope with what your life holds.
    It is great that you are getting support as you become an advocate for mental health issues. Your experiences will help other people undergoing similar struggles and issues.
    Your fundraising through gofundme is a way for your friends to support you and also raises awareness of mental health issues. I hope that it will help to ease your financial concerns.
    You are a very special lady that has endured much through your life. You continue to need to cope daily with your physical health issues, and with what happened with Michael. You have many people thinking of you. We all care very much about you!
    I send more big hugs to you! <3
  • Options
    Dimon6579 wrote: »
    I am having a hard time accessing the sims 3 website. I always have issues on trying to get on it. As for real life, i am disabled, so playing games is about the only thing i can do for fun.

Hello @Dimon6579 I am sorry to hear that you are having problems accessing the my page, exchange and store sections of the sims 3 site. The sims 3 forums part of the website are now closed down. Simmers can't post on them, but they can still be read. I hope that your logging in issues for the other sections of the site can be fixed up for you soon.
    Simming is a fun and enjoyable way of spending time. Many simmers who have health issues enjoy simming as a fun activity. It is nice creating sims, then putting them into our games and watching them live their lives! It is fun expressing out creativity by building and furnishing their homes too. It is great that you enjoy simming.
    Sending special thoughts to you as you live with your disability and all that your life holds for you each day by day. <3
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello to everyone. xx I hope you are doing better and life isn't so hectic. I haven't been able to catch up and read on it all but I do hope situations for everyone has gotten better. I am sending big hugs to you all. xxx <3

I haven't been on here very much, I became very ill and I was worried for a while there. I have secondary Raynauds and the symptoms are horrible, the cold hates me now as much as my body hates it and its just a terrible thing to have. I have lost half of two toes over it, it can get very nasty and the all over body pain is horrendous. Put that on top of a nerve condition too and OH boy does it get out of hand sometimes. I am better now, just taking it easy and resting a lot at the moment.
    I have been busy also trying to get myself educated more on advocating and have had some success with it. The support I am getting is great and as time goes by I am hoping to make a huge impact.
    Michaels untimely death left me devastated not only emotionally but also financially. Myself and my 3 children are so lost right now and I get so sick I cannot even keep a job to pay for it all. I had to set up a fundraising campaign with Gofundme and with @rosemow permission I am allowed to post the link here. I will say there is no obligation to anything, just putting the link out there is good enough for me. It's also for raising awareness for people with mental health issues and other issues and I want to educate the police more here they need it. xx

Thank you @rosemow for allowing me to post the link here. xx <3 I appreciate it so much. *HUGS*

I have said this before, but I am so glad you have this thread rose it helped me through my darkest hours after losing Michael and the lead up to it. You are one amazing lady. <3 xx

Hello @christinebremner. Sending lots of big hugs to you! <3 It is not nice that you are experiencing so much body pain as a result of having secondary Raynauds. I will be especially thinking of you with the Autumntime leading soon into Wintertime, as the weather is getting colder for you. I send special thoughts to you as you endure through the pain, as well as cope with your nerve condition.
    It is good that you are feeling a bit less ill than you were. Resting is a good thing. Sleeping is a healing process and gives strength both inside and to your body to cope with what your life holds.
    It is great that you are getting support as you become an advocate for mental health issues. Your experiences will help other people undergoing similar struggles and issues.
    Your fundraising through gofundme is a way for your friends to support you and also raises awareness of mental health issues. I hope that it will help to ease your financial concerns.
    You are a very special lady that has endured much through your life. You continue to need to cope daily with your physical health issues, and with what happened with Michael. You have many people thinking of you. We all care very much about you!
    I send more big hugs to you! <3

@rosemow thank you so much for love and support you have shown me. I will never ever forget it. <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    Dimon6579 wrote: »
    I am having a hard time accessing the sims 3 website. I always have issues on trying to get on it. As for real life, i am disabled, so playing games is about the only thing i can do for fun.

Hello @Dimon6579 I am sorry to hear that you are having problems accessing the my page, exchange and store sections of the sims 3 site. The sims 3 forums part of the website are now closed down. Simmers can't post on them, but they can still be read. I hope that your logging in issues for the other sections of the site can be fixed up for you soon.
    Simming is a fun and enjoyable way of spending time. Many simmers who have health issues enjoy simming as a fun activity. It is nice creating sims, then putting them into our games and watching them live their lives! It is fun expressing out creativity by building and furnishing their homes too. It is great that you enjoy simming.
    Sending special thoughts to you as you live with your disability and all that your life holds for you each day by day. <3

Thank you. Ive been frustated with EA's response to this, but i am trying to be patient with the logging issue. As for being disabled, i guess if i was not, i would not be playing sims games and ive be working. It at least lets me play my favorite games.
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'm not having a hard time right now, but I just found out one of my friends tends to go hungry. I won't go into detail since it's his business, not mine, but to put it simply, his family struggles to afford food, so there are times when there is absolutely no food in his home.

My heart broke hearing that. I grew up in a poor family, but even at our worst, we always had food. Maybe not much, but always something. My friend has no food right now whatsoever, and I wish so much I could help him, but I can't.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    I'm not having a hard time right now, but I just found out one of my friends tends to go hungry. I won't go into detail since it's his business, not mine, but to put it simply, his family struggles to afford food, so there are times when there is absolutely no food in his home.

My heart broke hearing that. I grew up in a poor family, but even at our worst, we always had food. Maybe not much, but always something. My friend has no food right now whatsoever, and I wish so much I could help him, but I can't.

Hello @SweetieKaye It is very sad to hear that your friend and his family are needing to go without food because of their financial difficulties. Perhaps the family could seek help from a charity. Sometimes they provide " food banks" where people who are finding it hard to be able to afford food can go to and receive meals. Some charities and organisations also may be able to provide food vouchers for them. Perhaps your friend could talk to some government agencies, explain his family's circumstances and see if there if there is some sort of assistance they could receive.
    It is very thoughtful and caring of you to be concerned for your friend and his family. You being there for him, talking to him and supporting him would be a big encouragement and support to him. Sending warm thoughts to you :)
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member

I am thinking of you and sending you lots of big hugs. :heart:
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member

Hello @christinebremner

xx

I am glad to hear that you are feeling better now. I hope that you can continue to rest up and feel even better <3

It is lovely of you to advocate and raise awareness. I'm sorry that I am unable to donate but I hope that you can reach your target <3

Thinking of you xx <3
  • Options
    Hello @XxHannelorexX :) I hope that your historical investigation research assignment for uni is going okay, as well as your other uni assignments. I am thinking of you. Also, I hope that your Dad's recovery after his operation is continuing to progress well.
    Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member

That is so heartbreaking :disappointed:

I hope things turn around for them soon.

• Options
    Please send warm thoughts and prayers today. Arie returns to therapy today after her accident last week. I'm worried that she is going to be scared and nervous.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I wish Arie all the best and hope she'll be well.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Please send warm thoughts and prayers today. Arie returns to therapy today after her accident last week. I'm worried that she is going to be scared and nervous.

Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) I send big hugs to Arie <3 I will keep her and yourself in my thoughts as she has her therapy today.
    Sending special thoughts to you :)
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member

I don't know if your friends family have done this already but the salvation army provides food assistance, if your friend have a salvation army in his city he should have his family call them and see what day they give out food and they also will pay their gas and light bill. In my city before salavation army moved they would give out bags of food twice a month but I don't remember one day they would pay gas and light bills.

Also most churches have signed up with food bank or have a food program for those in need also, me and my husband years ago would help with our old church by picking up the food donation and bringing it to the church for the pastor and team to give out. Most of the food donations came from trader joe's market.

There are a lot of major companies that give people credit limits and maybe he and his family can use that to stock up on a little extra food and the payment would be 20 dollars a month.
    new.png
  • Options
    Ms. Arie did wonderful at therapy today. Her therapists brought me a coffee and her a gift! She wasn't scared or nervous like I feared she would be
  • Options
    Ms. Arie did wonderful at therapy today. Her therapists brought me a coffee and her a gift! She wasn't scared or nervous like I feared she would be

Hello @SimplyEnchanted :) I am very glad to hear that Arie went well at therapy today. That is great! It was very caring and thoughtful of her therapists to give her a gift and to bring you a coffee. It would have been a relief for you to see that she coped with the therapy well and that the injury did not cause her to feel concerned about going back to the therapy.
    Sending hugs to both you and your daughter <3
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    Sending positive thoughts and well wishes to everyone. I hope everyone's pain eases. <3 hugs
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    Kaike78 wrote: »
    Sending positive thoughts and well wishes to everyone. I hope everyone's pain eases. <3 hugs

Hello @Kaike78 :) Thankyou very much for your kind and caring thoughts and words to everyone <3
  • Options
    Have a beautiful morning everyone and GOD bless.

foods-on-table-HV073_350A_wallcoo.com_zpsgur8fmvo.jpg
    new.png
  • Options
    Hello @misty4m :) Thankyou very much for posting the lovely picture! It looks very calming and peaceful. The white colour scheme of the picture has a serene look.
    I hope that you are having a nice day :)
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hello to everyone I hope you're all doing ok and RL is treating you all a bit better.

Hi @rosemow just want to give you a hug before i go in game. *HUGS* xxx <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Hello to everyone I hope you're all doing ok and RL is treating you all a bit better.

Hi @rosemow just want to give you a hug before i go in game. *HUGS* xxx <3

Hello @christinebremner :) Sending lots of big hugs back to you! <3 I hope you enjoy simming in-game.
  • Options
    Hello @misty4m :) Thankyou very much for posting the lovely picture! It looks very calming and peaceful. The white colour scheme of the picture has a serene look.
    I hope that you are having a nice day :)

@rosemow wished I could decorate my kitchen in all white like that but my son would have a field day crating colors lol.
    new.png
  • Options
    Reminder sunday is "Mother's Day" May 10 , my plan on that day is to be very lazy if I can if my son let me lol. Happy Early Mother's Day to all the moms.

foods-on-table-HV059_350A_wallcoo.com_zpsjqermqqn.jpg
    new.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top