Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    Well, I went in for my MRI. I've had about 3 in my lifetime, so I knew what to expect. I always have them put a washcloth over my eyes so I don't see that I'm confined in a machine and will visualize myself being in an expansive meadow with wildflowers and my husband hugging me. I got there and getting set up on the MRI bed was painful but manageable. They put the washcloth over my eyes for me. I was slid in about halfway when the washcloth slid off my face. Then, the most unexpected thing happened. I opened my eyes when it slid off and I saw I was only a couple inches away from the top of the round tube and I felt an extreme panic well up. I said "let me out, let me out" and then I had a full on panic attack. :( They got me out quickly, but the panic of being in that machine combined with shame at panicking and the pain in my shoulder just spiraled out of control. I was hyperventilating badly and managed to get calmed down within a minute or two. My head was all tingly and numb.

I really thought I could do it, and I explained to them that had never happened before. I've had MRI's and I've never panicked. They were very supportive and mentioned that unfortunately once you've panicked in an MRI, chances are you will every time from then on. :(

They recommended I contact my Dr. and either get a VERY strong sedative prescribed for a new appointment, or have an anesthesiologist put me to sleep. Sigh... I'm so embarrassed. I'm usually so adept at focusing, relaxing, meditating... what little ego I have is ashamed and I feel bad for it suffering.

I will contact my Dr. and get a prescription and try this again soon. :(

Yikes! That is scary. :(

For everyone in this thread- I hope you're all doing ok and hanging in there. *hugs*
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    I just wanted to say I care for all simmers expecilly the ones who are helpful and kind on the forums. I hope that people like Selenagrey and others who have posted there hardships and things are getting better.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi all!

Just stopping by to say that dad's operation was this morning and it went well the surgeon said :) He is recovering now and will spend at least 10 days in the hospital, doing physical rehab and such. Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and prayers xx I really appreciate it

<3

Good to hear the surgery went well Hanne. xx Big hugs to you. <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Hi to all. xx
    Big special hi @rosemow <3

I really can't say this week has been good cause it hasn't been. The stress of what happened to Michael became too much for my health and ended up pretty sick. I think I mentioned it here before, it got worse and I was like OMG what am I going to do? I don't want to leave Kayla here on her own, and so I soldiered through it. The antibiotics finally kicked in on the 3rd day but its taken more than usual to get over this. I have auto immune illness myself (Raynauds phenomenon) and it makes me sick, and also the nerve damage pain I experience every day. yikes. It's worse since Michael died, oh man its knocked me back to bed a few times. :s

Tom will be here tomorrow thankfully, he said enough is enough you need to be cared for girl!
    I am hoping by tomorrow I feel a little more better, so crossing my fingers. xx

Hope everyone here is doing ok, and coping with their daily lives. I know it can be hard, believe me it's hard. But have faith that things will turn around and will get better. Even after everything that has happened in my life last few weeks and months I am going to try keep that faith.
    I am keeping you all in my thoughts, and sending some hugs to you all. xx <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hi to all. xx

I really can't say this week has been good cause it hasn't been. The stress of what happened to Michael became too much for my health and ended up pretty sick. I think I mentioned it here before, it got worse and I was like OMG what am I going to do? I don't want to leave Kayla here on her own, and so I soldiered through it. The antibiotics finally kicked in on the 3rd day but its taken more than usual to get over this. I have auto immune illness myself (Raynauds phenomenon) and it makes me sick, and also the nerve damage pain I experience every day. yikes. It's worse since Michael died, oh man its knocked me back to bed a few times. :s

Tom will be here tomorrow thankfully, he said enough is enough you need to be cared for girl!

Hope everyone here is doing ok, and coping with their daily lives. I know it can be hard, believe me it's hard. But have faith that things will turn around and will get better. Even after everything that has happened in my life last few weeks and months I am going to try keep that faith.

Hello @christinebremner Sending lots of big and gentle hugs to you <3 You have been through so much these last months and it has intensified your underlying health issues. You have been under a lot of stress, and the effects of the traumatic event. It is good that the anti biotics have started to help. It is good that Tom will be arriving tomorrow to care for you and help support you. He sounds a very caring friend. He will be a good support and help for you and Kayla. If you continue to feel ill and the pain increases, you will feel that you can go to the hospital and Kayla won't be left on her own.
    Sending more big hugs to you <3 I hope that you feel a little less ill and that you have some times when the pain is not as bad. I am keeping you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hi all!

Just stopping by to say that dad's operation was this morning and it went well the surgeon said :) He is recovering now and will spend at least 10 days in the hospital, doing physical rehab and such. Thank you so much for the kind thoughts and prayers xx I really appreciate it

<3

Hello @XxHannelorexX :) I am so glad to hear that your Dad's operation went well. :) I will be thinking of him as he recovers from the surgery and has physical rehab. It would have been a big and tiring day for you and your family as you awaited news of how the surgery went. It is good that he has now had the operation.
    Sending hugs to you <3

Thank you, rosemow <3 He is doing very well so far :)
  • Options
    Hey simmers! I've missed you all the last few days. My four year old has been extremely sick. I've been thinking of you all. @XxHannelorexX, what are you feeding her? I have a cat that kept gaining weight and we had to switch her to a food that didn't have corn products and such. They're more expensive but she really slimmed down on it!

I'm sorry to hear that your child has been unwell. I hope that they recover soon xx

It's mostly the Felix brand but I know that the quantity is mostly to blame :P She is quite greedy and would happily stuff her face all day if there was food in her dish, haha :)

Interesting to hear that your kitty slimmed down on a corn-free product though...if after reducing her portion sizes she still isn't losing down I will definitely look into that :) Thank you for the tip!

My other cat was like that...the portion thing. She would just gorge herself. It was a to do with being a rescue I think. Over time she eventually got better at it. I think once she realized she would always have enough, ya know? Food type didn't seem to have anything to do with it. The one that is bothered by it, she also has asthma. Never knew cats could have asthma until I rescued that poor cat. She's doing really well though

Aww, that makes sense. Poor kitty with asthma :( I didn't know that they could have that. Good to hear that she is doing well though <3

Misty is not a rescue cat, we adopted her from a pet shop where I am going to assume that she was always given enough food so she doesn't have the excuse of thinking perhaps no more food for awhile. She wasn't underweight when we got her at least (we got her at about 6 months old; poor thing stuck in a pet shop for 4 months! I am so happy to have given her a furever home <3 )
  • Options
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    Well, I went in for my MRI. I've had about 3 in my lifetime, so I knew what to expect. I always have them put a washcloth over my eyes so I don't see that I'm confined in a machine and will visualize myself being in an expansive meadow with wildflowers and my husband hugging me. I got there and getting set up on the MRI bed was painful but manageable. They put the washcloth over my eyes for me. I was slid in about halfway when the washcloth slid off my face. Then, the most unexpected thing happened. I opened my eyes when it slid off and I saw I was only a couple inches away from the top of the round tube and I felt an extreme panic well up. I said "let me out, let me out" and then I had a full on panic attack. :( They got me out quickly, but the panic of being in that machine combined with shame at panicking and the pain in my shoulder just spiraled out of control. I was hyperventilating badly and managed to get calmed down within a minute or two. My head was all tingly and numb.

I really thought I could do it, and I explained to them that had never happened before. I've had MRI's and I've never panicked. They were very supportive and mentioned that unfortunately once you've panicked in an MRI, chances are you will every time from then on. :(

They recommended I contact my Dr. and either get a VERY strong sedative prescribed for a new appointment, or have an anesthesiologist put me to sleep. Sigh... I'm so embarrassed. I'm usually so adept at focusing, relaxing, meditating... what little ego I have is ashamed and I feel bad for it suffering.

I will contact my Dr. and get a prescription and try this again soon. :(

I'm so sorry that the MRI experience wasn't very nice D: That would have been very scary!

I have only ever had one MRI and it is not very nice. It is understandable to panic. No need to feel embarrassed <3

Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs xx
  • Options
    Sending some flowers to everyone :)
    axoecnJ.jpg?1

Beautiful! I don't know what sort of flowers those are (I can tell what a rose is and that's about it LOL :) ) but they are so very pretty :) Thank you for sharing them <3
  • Options
    misty4m wrote: »
    Sharing :)

11159972_10153303131294558_7756969903844273573_n_zpsesxcui92.jpg

That is a lovely verse and so very helpful <3 Thank you for sharing it :)
  • Options
    Hi to all. xx

I'm so sorry, Christine <3

It will be good when Tom arrives.

Sending gentle hugs and hope that your health improves xx

It is very uplifting to have such faith in things turning around and getting better <3 You worded it beautifully! Take care and hang in there xx
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Hi to all. xx

It is good that the antibiotics are helping. It is very nice of Tom to offer to look after you. You need time to rest and look after yourself.

I am keeping you in my thoughts, and sending you lots of hugs. :heart:
  • Options
    SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    Hi to all. xx

Oh honey :( I'm so sorry for all you're going through. Praying things get better for you.

• Options
    @misty4m, LOVE the picture
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Hey simmers! I've missed you all the last few days. My four year old has been extremely sick. I've been thinking of you all. @XxHannelorexX, what are you feeding her? I have a cat that kept gaining weight and we had to switch her to a food that didn't have corn products and such. They're more expensive but she really slimmed down on it!

I'm sorry to hear that your child has been unwell. I hope that they recover soon xx

It's mostly the Felix brand but I know that the quantity is mostly to blame :P She is quite greedy and would happily stuff her face all day if there was food in her dish, haha :)

Interesting to hear that your kitty slimmed down on a corn-free product though...if after reducing her portion sizes she still isn't losing down I will definitely look into that :) Thank you for the tip!

My other cat was like that...the portion thing. She would just gorge herself. It was a to do with being a rescue I think. Over time she eventually got better at it. I think once she realized she would always have enough, ya know? Food type didn't seem to have anything to do with it. The one that is bothered by it, she also has asthma. Never knew cats could have asthma until I rescued that poor cat. She's doing really well though

Aww, that makes sense. Poor kitty with asthma :( I didn't know that they could have that. Good to hear that she is doing well though <3

Misty is not a rescue cat, we adopted her from a pet shop where I am going to assume that she was always given enough food so she doesn't have the excuse of thinking perhaps no more food for awhile. She wasn't underweight when we got her at least (we got her at about 6 months old; poor thing stuck in a pet shop for 4 months! I am so happy to have given her a furever home <3 )
    My dog also has asthma and epilepsy. Poor baby just had his first seizure in months. I'm used to it but it was still extremely distressing to watch, especially when knowing you can't even come close to him during one because you might get bitten. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow to see if there's any medication I must give him. His seizures don't last over a couple of minutes, but they're extremely violent.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »

My dog also has asthma and epilepsy. Poor baby just had his first seizure in months. I'm used to it but it was still extremely distressing to watch, especially when knowing you can't even come close to him during one because you might get bitten. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow to see if there's any medication I must give him. His seizures don't last over a couple of minutes, but they're extremely violent.

Oh my!!! I imagine that is alarming. I hope you get some help for him :disappointed:
  • Options
    xBob18 wrote: »

Hello @xBob18 I am sorry to hear that your dog has asthma and epilepsy. I hope that the vet will be able to give him medication to help him. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. It is upsetting when we see our pets unwell. Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    @christinebremner I just wanted to say your siggy makes me giggle. I'm more of a dog person than a cat person - we've never had a cat due to my mum having a phobia. I'd quite like a pet cat though, we have a dog but the loon loves cats as well as dogs lol - but I've been watching it and it's been cracking me up :)

Hope everyone has had a good weekend & that the week goes well for you all too
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    @christinebremner I just wanted to say your siggy makes me giggle. I'm more of a dog person than a cat person - we've never had a cat due to my mum having a phobia. I'd quite like a pet cat though, we have a dog but the loon loves cats as well as dogs lol - but I've been watching it and it's been cracking me up :)

Hello @KoumoriDiru :) I hope that you have had a nice weekend too.
    Sending special thoughts to you and your family as your Mum recovers from her stay in hospital and from the fluid on her lungs, and as she has treatment for her cancer. I am keeping you all in my thoughts. Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member

Hello @KoumoriDiru :) I hope that you have had a nice weekend too.
    Sending special thoughts to you and your family as your Mum recovers from her stay in hospital and from the fluid on her lungs, and as she has treatment for her cancer. I am keeping you all in my thoughts. Sending hugs to you <3

Thank you :)

tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options

It is quite mesmerising isn't it? lol when I saw at first as well I couldn't stop chuckling at the cat going totally stiff at the end, its so cute.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Hi to all. xx

Hello @christinebremner Sending lots of big and gentle hugs to you <3 You have been through so much these last months and it has intensified your underlying health issues. You have been under a lot of stress, and the effects of the traumatic event. It is good that the anti biotics have started to help. It is good that Tom will be arriving tomorrow to care for you and help support you. He sounds a very caring friend. He will be a good support and help for you and Kayla. If you continue to feel ill and the pain increases, you will feel that you can go to the hospital and Kayla won't be left on her own.
    Sending more big hugs to you <3 I hope that you feel a little less ill and that you have some times when the pain is not as bad. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

I slept so much yesterday and last night, but in between it all I found an outlet (on facebook of all places) a place called Fairyland. You tend your own garden while visiting others, really cool stuff goes on there its been at least 2 years since I was there. So I ended up been totally immersed and hours flew by, chatting and doing cool garden stuff. lol I like gardening just not a good one thats all. ;)
    So I am glad finally I got to have that diversion after all these weeks, no games were really working I found myself still thinking and thinking but this really helped. Its amazing how such a basic thing to use and have fun with did the trick. Weird?
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Hi to all. xx

I slept so much yesterday and last night, but in between it all I found an outlet (on facebook of all places) a place called Fairyland. You tend your own garden while visiting others, really cool stuff goes on there its been at least 2 years since I was there. So I ended up been totally immersed and hours flew by, chatting and doing cool garden stuff. lol I like gardening just not a good one thats all. ;)
    So I am glad finally I got to have that diversion after all these weeks, no games were really working I found myself still thinking and thinking but this really helped. Its amazing how such a basic thing to use and have fun with did the trick. Weird?

Hello @christinebremner It was good that you got some sleep. The sleep will help you, and helps in the resting of your body and gives your mind a rest.
    The Fairyland site sounds so very nice! :) It sounds such a lovely place to visit where you can visit and tend your own garden as well looking at the nice gardens created by others. It would be a very nice site to enjoy spending time! It sounds enjoyable, fun, restful and calming. I am so glad that you enjoyed visiting it and that you found it helpful and fun. Thank you for letting us know about it :)
    Sending big hugs to you <3
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top