Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Code - Special Update by Xan! - 10/08/17

Comments

• Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    She really does. Her mouth seems to overtake the whole room when she's got one of her maniacal grins going on, lol. Reminds me of Cheshire Cat!
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Last night, when she was running out to her tech job in her game-player outfit which includes a spiked collar (?!?), I was thinking, "Man, she looks so butch! How come I didn't notice that before?"
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Great update CathyTea. Your legacy sure is filled with unique individuals. From death obsessed Anya. Evil Manzi. PV who is a mold all his own. I love them all. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Carewren123 - Love the spooky Ana in your profile pic!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Thanks I love Halloween, so i made a vampire Ana :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    @Carewren123 - she's still really pretty, even as a vampire!

• Options

• Options
    I was pretty sad reading this chapter. But I do still love El and Ms. M as a couple. (I guess it's Mrs. M now though). And you cheered me right up with that caption on the last picture. Oh and I love his name. Ironwood. A sim with a name like that is bound to have a big personality I think.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    Thanks, @Carewren123. I didn't mean it to be a sad chapter, though it is so sad to see that gen 2 is gone. I was (more than) ready for Anya to go, I have to admit. But Mesquite's death really hit me. Can't quite believe that I'm playing without him now. And I was amazed at how long Kyler stayed around! He was the eldest of the elders, but also the one in the best shape, since he exercised every day. I was so glad he got to meet El and his grandson--even if he didn't get to know him as a child. I think he would have liked him, so maybe his ghost will get to know him.

Riding the bus into work this morning, I started feeling lonely for the old Townies of gen 2: Colt Lozano and Baby Babcock. They died long ago. Now when I go to Manage Worlds, "Currently not in this world" is totally and completely empty!

The ghost towns of legacy play, I tell ya.

• Options
    That stinks that you're having the ghost town problem. I haven't had that issue yet, but then I am still in my first generation.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    It's a crummy bug. And I don't want to move a lot of Sims into houses because I want to keep the population down so that my ghosts will stick around! I've got 9 ghosts on the property already! I've been reduced to meeting service Sims--but hey, Cassandra and Princess are both service Sims and they're fantastic! Also... I'm thinking that if El and M adopt, their child won't be in the bloodline, so maybe I can have a second non-blood-related branch right there on the property. Might be breaking rules... might be a little creepy-feeling, but we'll see how it pans out.

• Options
    Aw, hugs. That was a lot of farewells.
  • Options
    Yup--but it feels good to be moving onto the new! With 4 adults and one YA, though, I'm thinking ahead to about three weeks from now and the next round of goodbyes! Guess that's just legacy-living! I also think that's probably why I never made it past gen 4 or 5 before--just get so tired of the goodbyes. This time, though, I am committed to making it to the big 10!

• Options
    KaleniyaKaleniya Posts: 168 Member
    Ironwood is so cute and it was great to have the final picture feature him after all of those sad events. It's especially sad that Mesquite died while still having a broken heart himself though.

You can do the big 10 - I'd love to see all of the generations that are to come!
    2cdygqq.jpg

My ISBI forum thread; here
  • Options
    I know. Way too much sadness. And poor PV hasn't had a break for a while. I think I-dub might be the cutest kid I've ever had in a game! We'll see if the squinty-eye-square-jaw patch comes out before he ages up!

• Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Wow 9 ghosts! And I really like Palo Verde's new look, lol. He ran off some weight. Lookin' good!
  • Options
    Is it weird that I kind of miss PV's potbelly? If I lived in Cathy's save, I might have a hard time denying my strange curiosity about him. Even without the potbelly. *blush*

• Options
    KeiyalolKeiyalol Posts: 32 Member
    Finally getting caught up. I love your legacy, such a great read!
  • Options
    @Keiyalol - Thank you! Thanks for letting me know you read it and that you're enjoying it.

@FloorRaisin - I know about PV's pear-shape belly; I miss it, too. It's strange--he's so different once he became an adult. I'm glad he's thinner, for he's fitter and so will probably live longer, but somehow he's not so funny any more! His comedy routines are sort of Chaplinesque now, and when Cassandra listens to them, rather than laughing hysterically, she will now get these concerned looks then sort of look shocked and then clap and laugh as if he's imparted something profound. He's been face-to-face with death since his adult birthday, so I haven't yet had a chance to get to know him outside the realm of grief, but I'm looking forward to it through the coming days. I've got him available as a dowload for a limited time, Raisin, if you want to enjoy his strange charisma! And it's the young-adult, pre-fitness-craze, grief-stricken PV, you know, the original Royal Llama Tamer.

@RachelRosebud - I know, lots of ghosts, huh? Aurora (Paris's mom) and Ember (Paris's friend) just happened to die on the lots. And I can't bear to get rid of them, for they visit almost every night, and though they always break stuff, they seem like they're having a good time. I've got this habit of adding WAY too man Sims to my games, then wanting to keep their ghosts around forever. Don't know if I'll be able to since the game is starting to get a little laggy (especially during a party), but I want to see if I can keep all the ghosts around for the entire 10 generations! Wow! That would be wild. You know, I still haven't yet seen Acacia's ghost.

• Options
    KaleniyaKaleniya Posts: 168 Member
    edited October 2014
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I know. Way too much sadness. And poor PV hasn't had a break for a while. I think I-dub might be the cutest kid I've ever had in a game! We'll see if the squinty-eye-square-jaw patch comes out before he ages up!

A mod was made to fix that issue! I was all too excited because I don't want Rosie to have freakish looking kids and I was going to hold back a bit while hoping for a new patch to fix it. I don't know if you use any CC but if you do, I would like to recommend this one. In my game it fixed the eye/jaw issue both in Sims I randomize in CAS, new townies as well as Sims aging up.

Anyway, if you're interested you can find the thread & download link here

2cdygqq.jpg

My ISBI forum thread; here
  • Options
    Hi, @Kalniya ! Thanks for mentioning that mod! I read about Shimrod's mod that fixes this. I also read on the AskSimGuru thread that SimGuruLindsay said on Oct. 15 that they would soon be releasing a patch for this.

It's not against the rules in legacies to use cc or mods, but I've decided against it for a few reasons. My legacy game has already started lagging a bit and having a few issues with saving, so I don't want to complicate it with cc's and mods. Plus, I'd probably forget to remove the cc and mods before the updates (and they happen automatically for me, too, so I'm not sure I'd have a chance to remove them). And that makes me nervous about getting glitches. Also, I'm not playing a prettacy, so I don't really care if the appearance of these Sims is a little off or odd. I sort of like playing through these various bugs that happen throughout the development of TS4. Months or years from now, I can look back and say, "Oh, yeah! I remember squint-eye-square-jaw! That was around gen 4 in the Boughs, and it took us the next three generations to undo that!"

Glad you mentioned the mod and shared the link! I'm sure it will be really useful to many Simmers!

• Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Awe, saying goodbye to so many sims in one round :( Poor PV and Mrs. M. I think the hardest for me to say goodbye to are the early gens and then the latest gens, but gens 5-8 I'm like hurry up and get to the next gen to finish the legacy! I seem to drag out the first two the most and when I get to the last gen I'm not ready for it to really end :)

I've decided not to worry about the face glitch either. I'm thrilled there is a mod that will fix it until EA gets around to fixing it though because I know many others want to see how the genetics work together.
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    @simbody872 - there are so many Sims to get to know and grow fond of in legacies, aren't there? It actually helps me with my views of my own life--rather than just looking at my specific lifetime as the be-all and end-all, I'm seeing how it fits in with the legacy. (I'm a spare--my siblings had the kids to carry on the generations, not me.) It gives me a settling overview of the history of our family to see my slot in it as part of the ongoing story, and it brings me a peaceful appreciation of the course of lifetimes lived by generations past and generations to come.

• Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOO Anya!! :'(

(It's both sweet and creepy that Anya and Mesquite died in the same spot. :o )

YAY Official Manzanor wedding status! GO! GO! Manzanor! (Nooo! At Kyler dying the morning of Manzanor's wedding! Bad timing man, bad timing!! LOL but Grimmy waits for no one. )

YAY for my favorite brides! <3

Ironwood looks crafty, keep an eye on that one.
  • Options
    Hey, @DarciTheFox - your Nani Maid sounds cool! I'm actually so happy to have Anya gone! She always creeped me out and sort of spun off the dynamics of the household. But I really miss Mesquite, and the household really misses Kyler. Yes, I'm not sure yet what to make of I-dub. I haven't played the game much yet since he's been a kid (mostly he's been asleep since he aged up) but I plan to play the legacy game tonight, so I'm looking forward to and also feeling a bit of apprehension about getting to know him!