Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Code - Special Update by Xan! - 10/08/17

Comments

• Options
    KaleniyaKaleniya Posts: 168 Member
    It makes sense to wait if you've had issues in the past with CC. I never had any problems weird enough since I've had tons of it in all of my games. I lucked out I guess :] I'll have to make sure the mod's not in the game after the patch otherwise I think you're right about the issue with having both installed. You mentioned the patch on Oct 15. Did you mean Nov? If not I think I didn't get it.
    2cdygqq.jpg

My ISBI forum thread; here
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Kaleniya - Hiya! It wasn't that the patch was coming out on Oct. 15. It was on the Oct. 15 Q&A with the SimGurus that SimGuruLyndsay said that the patch would be coming out soon. (Or it may have been on Oct. 16 that she said that.) She didn't give a specific date; she just said that a fix had been created and that it would be made available to us soon. I'm hoping it's really soon and that they're not waiting to bundle it with the Nov. update.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    It would be great if they made it a stand alone patch since it seem to effect so many people. Although not everyone, like you, mind all that much it seems. I'm not even running a prettacy for that matter, I guess I just like seeing how close genetics can get to their parents. I haven't gotten to grandparent stage yet. Do you find the physical traits to pass down that far or does it seem that the child looks are limited to parents only?
    2cdygqq.jpg

• Options
    Definitely passed down through the generations!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Finally! A happy chapter again! Chapter 31: Eat Life

• Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    It's so cute that both the boys ended up having a shared trait. Almost like it was meant to be. Mrs. M is looking good. :)

I've got to get my next chapter done. I have pictures for the next few, but I got distracted playing a legacy save that I'm not writing a blog for. Need to get back to Ana.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Cute chapter! The boys are cute together and Willow is lovely! Wow, Mrs. M! Lookin' Good!
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    @Carewren123 and @simbody872 - thank you! This family has become fun to play again, now that it's so full of life! It's really challenging, though, since I've got a full house, and there's always so much for everyone to do! Sometimes, I get overwhelmed juggling everyone's skilling and aspirations and I need to switch over to more simple families in other games.

How many Sim games are each of you playing, and do you play any that aren't challenges?

I'm currently playing three: the legacy, the wonder child, and a prologue to an ISBI. I have a neighborhood rotation game that I started on the day TS4 came out, but I haven't played it since I started playing the legacy. I think about coming back to it.

Regarding the adopted boy being a glutton with the same aspiration (artistic prodigy) as his cousin, I was wondering if the game spawns kids for adoption that it feels will be good matches for the household kids. I wondered if I would get the same trait/aspiration no matter which child I chose!

Little Willow also has the artistic prodigy aspiration, so we're sort of majoring it art here.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    I have about 6 saves. One is just for building; I've been participating in the Build-n-Share challenges. One I started with my nephew for him to play a little.

I have a couple i started for other potential future stories, but I havent played them lol. I cant handle more than one story at a time. I just had the ideas and wanted to get them started before i forgot. One of those is going to be an apocalyse challenge, but I will wait for the career patch before i play that. More careers mean i will likely tweak my rules.

I just started a legacy about a week ago. That one and Ana's are the only ones I actually play. For now.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Oh, cool! An apocalypse challenge! I've just started re-reading ephemeraltoast's Apocalypso A-Go-Go, and I was wondering if I would be brave enough to try one... I don't know... no showers... ewww....

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Haha. I'm not even entirely sure if I can do the apocalypse challenge with the way the careers are now. There will have to be some exceptions to rules I'm sure due to the required goals for promotion. I don't know how much being in a bad mode will effect being promoted either. I'll have to play test that before I commit to it I guess.

I never finished the apocalypse challenge I started in TS3, because my game became unplayable due to lag/bugs. But the no showers restriction was the first one I lifted. I'm sure that will be one of the first goals in this one too.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    @CathyTea I so far only got my ISBI and also another family that I play just for casual fun. One where I can actually be a control freak and make them clean up and work for promotions lol. I am considering maybe doing the runaway teen challenge. Maybe.. which often turns into LETS DO IT
    2cdygqq.jpg

• Options
    I have 6 I think, 4 of them are legacy challenges with one of those the prettacy, but that's not including my build and test world where my simself tests all my builds :).

The 5th one is kind of a hybrid of the legacy, live off the land and rosebud challenges. I really haven't decided on specific rules for it but it will require unlocking of skills to open new careers. I started out with a founder with the collector aspiration and the spouse had the creative painting aspiration. When he completed that on I set him up as a writer. She did collecting and gardening, and now is working on her fishing. She'd be done with it too if I hadn't taken forever to find a silly heart frog! Anyway they can't get a real job until someone unlocks the skills. Not having to go to work is actually nice, plenty of time to skill, collect, socialize and stuff like that, though it does take time to get any cash reserves up without a job.

The 6th is an ISBI challenge. I'm still on gen 1 the oldest of gen 2 just turned to a teenager so I need to hurry up and complete her aspiration before I pick the next TH!

I'd be much farther in a legacy if I only had the one game going :) I'm still on gen 1 in 3 of them, but I'm on gen 2 in one of them with gen 3 just born last play session.

Then add in school (working on my BA) work and kids its a wonder I have time to play let alone blog two of my legacies and read stories by other players!
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I just have the one game going right now. I'm afraid that if I start another I'll never finish this one, so I'm trying to stick with it. Once we get to gen 10 I want to try some other challenges, though. The Settler challenge looks neat to me, for one. I would love to play an Apocalypse challenge but it hasn't been adapted to my liking yet & I don't feel like I know enough about all the careers yet to attempt to adapt it myself. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    I actually did make an adaptation of the apocalypse challenge for myself (I haven't fine-tuned it). I was going to share it, but then I found out that pinstar is going to put out an adaptation himself. Since he actually created the original one, I decided to just leave it to him.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    @FloorRaisin - oh, The Settler Challenge sounds really fun! And very challenging! I could see starting it like... maybe next year! It seems too hard for right now!

• Options
    It's odd to me that I haven't seen hardly anyone doing the Settler challenge yet but I guess it's because it's mostly posted/talked about over at mod the sims?
    2cdygqq.jpg

• Options

• Options
    edited November 2014

• Options
    Birthdays just seem to sneak up on you with the sims. Of course normal life span doesn't give you much time. Sometimes I can't wait for one to age up, and others I never want them to.
  • Options
    I really feel like my save with Ana and her kiddos is one long never ending string of birthday parties. But I guess I have a lot left to go if I'm ever going to get to 100 babies. lol

Cute update. Seems like everyone's stories that I'm reading is posting a lot less lately. I guess the same goes for me. So I enjoy the new updates even more now I think :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• Options
    Hi, Carewren and Simbody! Yes, normal life span really does keep those birthdays coming! I'm glad that I haven't had visits from Grim during the last few birthdays! Yeah, it does seem like the pace of posting is settling down a bit. I remember with TS2 that I often waited for months in between updates on the legacies I was following!

Sometimes, I like to slow down the play a bit so that the generations don't pass so very quickly!

• Options
    I have been rotating my game play between different games when I can find the time, and with limited time I want to spend the time playing not writing, which is why no updates from me for a while. I'll eventually get back to writing, but probably not this week or next. Too many big assignments and exams the next few weeks :(
  • Options
    @simbody872 - I completely understand! I keep thanking my stars that the Sims weren't out when I was in grad school! I wasn't playing any games during those years, not even the occasional arcade game. The year AFTER I started playing King's Quest and this super cool maze game for the Mac... The good thing about gameplay is that it's a quick way to get that fun meter up so one's charged for other tasks. In fact, my Simself will autonomously play games until her fun meter is just in the green, then she wisely stops and does some household chores, like wash dishes or make salad... She has more discipline than I do!

• Options
    simlady36simlady36 Posts: 780 Member
    hi i have a wordpress but i was wondering if there is any other way to post photos then checking the date and time on my screenshots. also is there a way to empty the screenshot folder in the ea file.