Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Code - Special Update by Xan! - 10/08/17

Comments

• Options
    OhRenSimsOhRenSims Posts: 933 Member
    Thanks! :D
    FVIRakw.jpg
    The Waite Legacy (Wordpress)
    The Mills Legacy (Coming Soon!, Wordpress)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    I can't believe I didn't comment on the last chapter! The wedding was lovely, so nice that 'Cupcake' has joined the family and made an honest man out of I-dub ;)

Aspen is lovely! The social butterfly aspiration is my least favorite. My sims aren't often very social which makes that one so hard for me anyway! I'm glad to see you finish one! Congrats!
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    @simbody872 - I thought you commented on the blog? Thanks for the comment here! It was a fun wedding, and it feels like it was forever ago! I-dub's become really a wonderful Sim. All it takes is falling in love with the right sim-one!

Aspen just breezed through Social Butterfly! I hardly had to try! I was so surprised! PV's legacy seems to be social Sims--very different for me, since I usually tend towards the creative, geeky loners (like player, like Sim!). So, they're stretching me as I follow them around. I have to remember while I play, "Yes. Socializing is an important activity. Sims don't need to skill ALL the time!"

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I just have to say, I REALLY, really, REALLY, really (I know you might hate me) like Manzy. ;) HA HA HA! I sort of want an evil sim... just to see what it's like. I mean, I'm definitely not into evil sims, but I also think it would be interesting... especially after playing Bill with the mean trait for a little while. However, I hate seeing my sims upset, so I would get really sad about all the insulting and name-calling etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, I was swooning all over the place with Manzanita and Eleanor. <3<3<3 I would go down with that ship. I want a "Manzy & Eleanor Forever" T-Shirt. ...or something.
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Holy Freezer Bunny! Three gloomy females in one household, lol. You make a very good point about gloomy Sims not bonding over being gloomy. Lol, 'serious comedian' I love it! Ugh, I hate washing dishes time after parties. Sometimes it can go on forever if they really grab a lot. I've done the drag-and-drop thing, but sometimes, those Sims just like to torture themselves! Lol.
  • Options
    I thought that I-dub was adorable doing the dishes. It was all free will! He really is a great Sim. Now, he's the one guy living there with four beautiful females! No wonder he's always smiling and eager to chip in around the house! Also, he now has loads of handiness skills, so it only takes him about 1 Sim minute to repair plumbing and appliances! (I'll have to do a tribute chapter to him pretty soon.)

Speaking of the holy Freezer Bunny.... I can hardly wait to show the next photo of the shirt that little Madrona grew up in!

• Options
    @Jufanzaly Oh, thank you about Manzy. You know, I loved her. We had this good vs. evil thing going on, and I was afraid of her pretty much the whole time, but I also found her absolutely captivating. I spent all my game time watching her, from a child on, and she was just amazing! I adore her maniacal laugh. She was very weird--she'd hug her mom and then yell at her! She'd yell at her uncle Mesquite, and then she'd start chuckling with glee! I hated to see what she did to others' feelings (my own Sim-good trait which wilts at the misery of my Sims), and I loved to see how delighted she was at whatever delighted her. She had charisma and a personality so much bigger than my little laptop's screen!

Her romance with Eleanor was quite amazing. El and M will go down in the book of True Sim Love!

• Options
    simlady36simlady36 Posts: 780 Member
    @cathytea all of your sims are amazing i think what makes them so great is the way you tell the story
  • Options
    Thanks so much, @simlady36. I'm really enjoying these Sims. Sometimes, after a favorite Sim meets her or his demise, I feel a little adrift, and I wonder if I will ever enjoy another Sim the way I enjoyed that one, but then as I start to get to know the new Sim, I find him or her fascinating, too! I never really thought I'd care much for I-dub, but he's stepped up to become such a great man. I have a lot of respect for him (funny thing to say about a Sim, but it's true!).

I do find that TS4 Sims are so much more individual than previous ones!

• Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I've already babbled all over your blog, but I thought I'd run by and say "Hi" here, too! Now that I'm all caught up I feel really motivated to play. ;D
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    @FloorRaisin - thanks for your comments! You can see that this corner of the forums has become really active in the past few weeks! The Storytellers Group is really fun--I bet you'd love it! And I've been recommending the Wolff legacy right and left to everyone who's looking for inspiring examples. It just really doesn't get any better than the Wolff legacy! Glad you got a chance to catch up with all the events at Cradle Rock. Happily, we're moving into a phase of vibrancy (and cute little girls in Freezer Bunny t-shirts) for a while! Should be a few Sim weeks at least before we begin our next round of elderly demises!

• Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I've already babbled all over your blog, but I thought I'd run by and say "Hi" here, too! Now that I'm all caught up I feel really motivated to play. ;D
    @FloorRaisin I hope you do, lol. I got all smiley when I saw you online and posting, lol. Can't wait to read more of your Wolff Legacy when you update it. You have an impatient reader here! :)<3

• Options
    Here, too. I can't tell you how often I think of the Wolffs. They're like a touchstone to me--when I find myself adrift with the Boughs, I think of the Wolffs, and suddenly, legacy play starts to make sense again. By the way, in one of my games (I forget which one), I've got a family of Wolffs running around--Townies!

• Options
    Aww shucks, you guys are making me feel all special and stuff. <3 That's too funny that Wolff is a townie name! I've not run into any yet, but I kind of hope I do. :)
  • Options
    I've heard rumors that the game will take Sims from one's library (oh, actually, I remember: it's not rumors, it was @Kaleniya 's experience in Hot, Flat, and Out of Control--she had a doppleganger show up, remember?) and place them into one's game. And (blush) I downloaded Dia to my library (personal reasons), and when I saw the name Wolff show up in "Currently Not in World" I hoped it was him! It's not. But I bet that's where the game got the name!

• Options
    Haha, sorry he's playing hard to get! He's so darn awkward about that stuff. ;D
  • Options
    Yeah. I understand a fellow loner!

• Options
    Aspen helps out with an update: Chapter 41: Still Life With Freezer Bunnie

• Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    That update was beyond sweet and innocent. I love her voice and I'm excited for her to age up as a teen. And Willow looks amazing. She strikes me as one of those people who's really just in it for the friends she makes. And that's totally wonderful. They're all so lovely in their own unique ways. Aspen melts my heart with her love for her aunt! Melts!
  • Options
    This was quite possibly the cutest update of any legacy I have ever read, EVER. EVER. Well done Aspen. ;) But seriously, I agree with @aroseinbloom. I'm melting from warmth because of Aspen's love for Willow.
    FVIRakw.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you! Aunts and nieces are the best, don't you think? Aspen has become her own little Wonder Child! Two aspirations already! An A! And she's in pretty good shape to finish Scamp before her birthday! I think, though, that she will be looking forward to sleeping once she's a teen. Gloomy and teen hormones really demand a little down time, dreaming and snoozing!

• Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Gosh I feel like it's been forever since I've commented on here, but I have been keeping up with the Boughs. I still love your sims and your story. And Aspen is sooooo adorable. I loved reading her chapter. That was a very nice touch to add a little something different to the story.

I going to get back to work on Ana's story today, it's been way too long since I updated. Your story and some others that I just started reading from the storyteller's group you mentioned to FloorRaisin have definitely inspired me to get back to writing. Now I'm going to head over to the storyteller group to join the fun.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Yes! Join the Storytellers' Group! It's so awesome! I've been missing Ana and her kids--it's great to hear from you.

• Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    Such a great update! Aspen is so cute! I hope she gets her third aspiration!
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green