March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot, flat and out of control; an ISBI challenge - updated 10/22

KaleniyaKaleniya Posts: 168 Member
Hi all,

I just wanted to create a thread where I can post links and updates to the blog that I have created to host my challenge story. I absolutely love reading ISBI's so I thought I'd go ahead and try out one of my own Sims 4 style and all.

My founder/torch holder is Ms. Rosie who is an adaption from a Sims 3 heiress that I used to play back when I did a prettacy challenge. I loved having her in my game so it will be fun to see what she will be like in my current game.

Prologue
1.1 - Another one bites the dust
1.2 - Slap dat
1.3 - Being bad feels so good
1.4 - We're lookin' fine
1.5 - Oh my gosh; we have a baby
1.6; It's all about that bass
2cdygqq.jpg

My ISBI forum thread; here
Post edited by Kaleniya on

Comments

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Bookmarked, I love the way you interact with Rosie :D
    // take me back to 2018.
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Fun start. :) I look forward to reading more.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • KaleniyaKaleniya Posts: 168 Member
    Oh yay! Ihanks for reading and bookmarking @Trowiciaa - I like your siggy btw ;]

@FloorRaisin Glad you liked it! I will have to check out the link in your siggy there
    2cdygqq.jpg

• kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited October 2014
    Love the start, you make it fun to read about Rosie, she sounds like an interesting person ;)
    Thank you so much! I'm happy that you like her - even though she can be a bit of a pain to deal with lol. I'm about to go play with her again and see if I can actually achieve something with her this time xD
    2cdygqq.jpg

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,087 Member
    Chapter 1 is really funny! I think that girl in the pigtails (the brunette) is Cassandra Goth! It looks like her (acts like her, too!). And Rosie's great. I love how she's so expressive and so very, very, very moody! I'm setting things up for a Roomie's Challenge Experience game (like an ISBI, but without the legacy and with a full house, with only one playable), and I'd love to include her as one of the Roomies!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Thank you so much for reading and commenting - I'm a big fan of your blog! I'm pretty sure that you're right about Cassandra. I saw a story later on where she was named.. I just had no idea when I first saw her lol. She had a big attitude when she was walking around at the gym. I was surprised Rosie didn't have a bigger reaction towards her actually.

I like the Roomie challenge too if that's the same as the asylum thing? Where you have a bunch of people living together and you do a hands off style I think? I'd love to read it when it's up if you plan on posting it online? Also I usually don't upload my current heiress until afterwards but I can make an exception ^^. The only thing I'd like to ask if it can be a private share since I don't want her in use other places as long as she's still featured as my current character. I can send her in an e-mail if you'd like? I think it would be amusing to see if she's behaving similar in your game xD
    2cdygqq.jpg

@Kaleniya - I feel the exact same way about sharing Sims! I just don't want to see my poor Sims locked in a room without a door or (once we get pools) in a pool without a ladder! For the Roomies challenge-experience, yes, it's hands-off for all the Sims except the First-Person Narrator (who in my game will be my Simself). I'm currently growing her up so she'll be ready to move out and join seven others. She and Alex Goth have become BFFs without any intervention on my part, so he'll definitely be part of the household. And she has a really cute red-head (actually has become a gorgeous teen) friend who's neat and a goofball, so I think she'll join them, too. And then I'm starting the Wonder Child challenge, so I think it would be fun for that Sim to join. I'm thinking of adding FloorRaisin's Dianthus, but I'm afraid that my SimSelf would fall madly in love with him, and he's Coop's guy, plus, I don't know if there might eventually be something romantic between her and Alex Goth. I hope not, because he's not my type--but with Sims, who can tell? Anyway, I'm a few months out, I expect. I do plan to write about it, too, from the First-Person Narrator's perspective (which won't be hard, since we usually agree!).

Thank you for your kind words about my blog!

Watch out for that Cassandra Goth--in some games, she's ok. In mine (at least in the legacy), she aged up evil and always smashing the dollhouse! She's always interesting!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea I actually never made a Simself for some reason that I'm not even sure of lol. You said you're aging her up? Is she not made as an YA or is she a Teen? Just curious if you placed her in a family if so since teens can't be on her own. I love Alexander Goth, I usually watch him whenever I come across him on the playground and Cassandra I never ran into again. Maybe once I own some dollhouses that she can smash? xD

I added some Sims in my game and I can't even remember their names/creators. I'll have to go check it out when I'm back on my desktop again so that I can add some credits on my blog for anyone I might use. For all I know they might just be Sims running around in the game without ever coming into play. I pretty much let things unfold as I go rather than pre-plan when I play a challenge like this. Let me know if you'd like Rosie in your game whenever you get around to making your new challenge ^^
    2cdygqq.jpg

I took my SimSelf (young adult, though I'm an adult +), and aged her down to a kid. I put her in a house with her uncle, who's a male version of my SimSelf with a few modifications. He actually looks a lot like my real uncle did when he was younger! I wanted her to have decent skills before beginning the new challenge-experience. It just seems to unrealistic for young adults to have 0 skills, so I'm skilling her up to about where I was as a young adult.

I'll let you know when I'm ready for Rosie! I really love how expressive her face is.

I completely agree! I think it makes much more sense when Gen. 2+ comes to life in the game with already established skills. Although I probably could do better with making sure they work more on them. Sometimes I have Sims that takes care of things themselves and then there's the other kids that just aren't that into skilling up - so I have to convince/force them to get with the program lol.

Thanks! I'm growing really fond of her for each time that I play her.. speaking of which, I actually do have another update!

Chapter 2; Slap dat
    2cdygqq.jpg

Hahaha! The Goths are stalking Rosie! That guy who busted in on her and Rodolfo is Mortimer, if I'm not mistaken (which I could be... could be a look-alike).

This chapter proves one of my TS4 truths: it never pays to rush love. Wait until Mr. Perfect shows up on your lawn. In his underwear.

edited October 2014
    Really? I had no idea lol. I always try to hover over them with the mouse like I could in Sims 3 to see their names but it seems to me that I can't see their names unless I actually talk to them? I started this challenge without actually playing more then uhh.. maybe 5 hours of normal play after I bought it. Once Rosie gets married and whatnot everything will be new to me. I'm learning to fly while already driving the plane xD
    2cdygqq.jpg

New update!

You can read chapter 3 here;

3. Being bad feels so good
    2cdygqq.jpg

Been frantically needing my fix. Finally! :D
    // take me back to 2018.
    Woha, you're fast LOL. My week's just been crazy busy and I actually had it sitting in my folder ready to go the whole time. In fact I played ahead and could probably update soon ;]

Thanks for reading @Trowiciaaa - It's much appreciated ^^
    2cdygqq.jpg

I have it bookmarked :P I get notified when there's an update!

I just finished reading it, LOOL I love Rosie!
    // take me back to 2018.
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Woo, go Rosie! ;D
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    Thanks for reading it guys xD She's quite the character and so easy to play too as most of it falls natural to her lol
    2cdygqq.jpg

Oh, great chapter! She is a handful!

But oh so fun! Thanks for reading, Cathy <3
    2cdygqq.jpg

• EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    LOL, I love the update. Jack is the man! Hehe Can't wait to read more.
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
    @EEtheridge - Thanks for reading! And yes, he is the man, just ask him lol
    2cdygqq.jpg

edited October 2014
    21lpc81.jpg

Chapter 4 is up! I was hoping to get it up by Sun eve so perhaps I can get another one up now, woo
    2cdygqq.jpg

Yessss great things on the horizon - if Jack can just get himself right!
    // take me back to 2018.