Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Online Friends Multiplayer Expansion?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    Jademay4Jademay4 Posts: 1 New Member
    See I think sims 4 would be smart to be online. I get the whole thing with them pulling back due to sim city kinda being a flop with being multiplayer but I hope they do decide to do it eventually. all this talk of it being horrible having that option is unnecessary. it would be no different than other multiplayer games. it could support public or private groups with an amount up to 4-6 players with the obvious option to turn it off if you're a strict single player only.

I play both pc and console games and would be totally for sims 4 later turning to online and even cross platform (wishful thinking). I am a supporter of playing online and enjoy it because who doesnt wanna share their hardwork on here? just the ability to visit your friends world would be a fun feature. Then supporting group builds? how fantastic! I play minecraft on both ps4 and pc and those features are there. because of that minecraft has become one of my favorite games because it has the build capability like sims but with friends or even solo play. That game is wildy successful. Just hope EA gets to that point. They could even be like minecraft can do the realms feature where you pay a sub to have a private world with friends for 5-10 bucks...sure a sub would sorta suck but hey we would get what we want with online without worry. Just some ideas with experience from my other games...

if you dont agree I totally understand. Just throwing out that this is entirely possible due to a few games that do it already and are fun as hell.

!*! The wish to one day visit other peoples houses and see their awesome creations!*!
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Online is possible... but to do so, say goodbye to some of the currently-existing customization options as well as ability to affect neighbors.

That means no more being able to place plots outside of the single one you control.

No more marrying sims from other families and moving them into your household because you want to.

No more placing sim families in empty lots/houses just because you want to.

Sims online can be done, but it will require sacrificing existing and future content to do it.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Everyone is talking like if sims 4 were to have an online option they would lose all the current things we have.
    Offline solo play would still be the main priority but with online one of your sims could travel to a online community lots and interact with other players sims just like how it already is. Same options etc. Don't want that SIM to talk to you? Have the option to disable interactions with them. If you make friends with that sim they can have the option to travel to your world, they can't build or delete anything, theyre just visiting. A pop up box could appear and you could except or decline and make them leave at any time.

Then sims really will be smarter because they're being controlled by other players. There doesn't need to be a chat box to be spammed it's the sims talking not the players.

The online aspect could be a separate world full of community lots. Peoples sims can't randomly show up in your world's without first asking. Obviously you can just invite your friends. But no building in the online world and others can't build in yours.

An optional EP. Don't want It? Don't buy it. Personally I think it would be awesome having your sims talk to player controlled sims rather than dummy townies.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I mean, the engine was built to support it, and I've seen videos, like this one, which show that it's still possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsgVYIGymx0

The elephant in the room is CC, though. You wouldn't want to play with someone who didn't have the same CC as you, as your/their Sims would walk around naked, with no hair.

If they made it optional, I bet it could be a lot of fun. There's a few legacies I follow on Tumblr that I think would be fun to interact with.

But the keyword is optional. Forcing players to use it would be downright terrible.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited November 2017
    I think in a real multiplayer game sims would have to be synchronized. They'd share the same speed.
    So I wonder if that's not just the same save on two different accounts and not an actual multiplayer. If that's even possible to do on one PC.

edit - nvm. unplayed sims are doing the same stuff on both sides.
  • Options
    Panada1970Panada1970 Posts: 1 New Member
    I want to play onlion with my friends it would be fun having a family togother and partying or playing onlion with other people meeting new people they should try it on ps4 i would buy it and i think more peolpe would too they should try it on more time or do it on sims 5
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    For heavens sake let this topic die like Sims online has already died 4 times - and dismantled completely. Nobody liked it and you never saw your own friends - you saw just people on what ever server they put you on - that is when it would stay up and running even. It was the most boring game where all you did was skill publicly with a bunch of strangers. There was no creativity - no having families. It was nothing like the Sims games at all. Nothing. And every thing costs real money as well as skilling to earn levels in order to add a stinking sofa to your lot so you could pay for it. You could not even have a roommate you could add to your lot until you reached a level to add one and another level to add a room for the roommate. You chose one of their offerings - their out fit - you could not use mods, cc, and every thing was seriously limited. It was not fun. People on there only was on there to chat - by typing to each other. Oh and we paid through the nose to - we had to buy the online game - then pay 10 bucks a month to stay in the game. Miss a payment - shut off. Come back - start over. That was not fun.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Teladis wrote: »
    I think EA listen to the wrong crowd.

Online play as a option is fine and amazing idea.
    Force online play is not.

It is that simple, people who keep saying no this or that should be ignored. If you can make it as a optional thing, you should do it. Sims had co op in it before, and it was fun. Do it again.

Absolutely.

Optional is the key to most aspects of this game. Players want to be able to control a majority of what happens in game. I know I do.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    Teladis wrote: »
    I think EA listen to the wrong crowd.

Online play as a option is fine and amazing idea.
    Force online play is not.

It is that simple, people who keep saying no this or that should be ignored. If you can make it as a optional thing, you should do it. Sims had co op in it before, and it was fun. Do it again.

Absolutely.

Optional is the key to most aspects of this game. Players want to be able to control a majority of what happens in game. I know I do.

You obviously did not try their 4 attempts at Sims online. The last attempt called EA land did not even last 6 weeks.

By the way this engine is not the same engine they started with. They removed the online engine built the Smart technology engine for multi-tasking. The guys that made and worked on the online engine even said it was dismantled early in 2012 even before Sim City failed because the devs were not happy with it. When Sim City online failed - they knew they went in the right direction - according to what one of the devs said.

The large player groups that play the Sims - seriously reject the game online and they cannot get the player base to keep a Sims online going. tHE Sims is not an online game - and you are mistaken if you think you can play with your friends - I know so many times I tried to play with friends and family and some of them live less than 15 minutes from me (which is odd seeing I can play WOW with the same people with no issue) - and we never could get on the same server. But believe me - even after improving the game 4 times it was horrible and boring. Skillling was all there was to do in the game and it was maddening only getting 1 sim and 1 house. That isn't even the bad side of it all - you have no idea. But check for yourself - there is plenty of video's and info for the Sims Online all the way to the last one - they called EA Land.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....