Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Online Friends Multiplayer Expansion?

Is that possible?

Because there is no feature to set which bed is which sim's bed, they sleep in random beds if you put 4 beds in first floor in 4 different rooms.
There is no way to lock doors or have one only one specific sim to be able to use that door, private room.

So that makes me to believe there be a online expansion?

Comments

• BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    Too good to be true, but would be friggin awesome!!!!! Imagine playing your own sims still but in game play being able to be in the thread with live action! Ye ye ye ye ey!
  • GorgeousGnomeGorgeousGnome Posts: 35 Member
    They have in fact made Sims 4 in the beginning with multiplayer but they removed it.

Now with EA in my back mind, I guess it's better to cut something out as multiplayer to later add it as an expansion, an option to buy, as some love it and some don't.

Meaning also more money.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I think this isn't possible. I'm not a programmer, but isn't it dependent on the engine?

Just like they also can't add Create A Style with expansions anymore like Graham stated.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    No.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    It's a reason why the world looks like it does, the world has "lobbies" of where players of what like 6-8 or whatever could enter.

It's not open world, it's just 6 lobbies where you have some properties, so you and 4 friends could build a neighbourhood together.

Perhaps in a future expansion they will make a "map" that has online only neighbourhoods. I'm not talking MMO size, just regular friends SimCity way.

Yes, same engine, it's possible to do this so yeah.
    Even if it is possible, I highly doubt it will happen.
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Sims are meant to be Single player experience.

I also don't like any online aspect of it, so I'm happy they got rid of the idea to make Sims 4 online.

For people wanting to play online, go play Sims social :)
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    I'm pretty sure the SimCity fiasco has doomed any chance of an online Sims game for at least another five years.
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Gudfroy wrote: »
    Because there is no feature to set which bed is which sim's bed, they sleep in random beds if you put 4 beds in first floor in 4 different rooms.<br />
    There is no way to lock doors or have one only one specific sim to be able to use that door, private room.<br />
    <br />
    So that makes me to believe there be a online expansion?

I've seen swiss cheese with less holes in it than this logic.
    Now why would you tell me to go play Sims Social when that is not Sims 4.

It's like telling me to play The Elder Scrolls Online just because I wanted to share my experience in Skyrim with ONE friend.
    Shocking news but they are not the same game.

Sims Social is not Sims 4 with multiplayer.

Anyways... Sims 4 is built up to be able to handle multiplayer as they did actually make this in the development process (go google), but removed it for unknown unofficial reasons, shocking it's development.

But it's possible and what they made and did not make, that's a different question but it's something I would love to see :)
    > @camman1995 said:
    > I'm pretty sure the SimCity fiasco has doomed any chance of an online Sims game for at least another five years.
    I never played SimCity, what was the fiasco?
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Gudfroy wrote: »
    > @camman1995 said:<br />
    > I'm pretty sure the SimCity fiasco has doomed any chance of an online Sims game for at least another five years.<br />
    I never played SimCity, what was the fiasco?

It launched as on online only game and the marketing campaign was essentially that it was the stuff of the future. Cue launch day server failures, pretty much everyone being unable to play, terrible reviews, and EA's stocks dropping to the lowest they've ever been.

That is why TS4 is an offline game.
    edited September 2014
    Exactly the reason for Sims 4: Online Expansion (1-4 players) or whatever.
    It's an expansion, and how many of those will be released, loads.

So yes, those fans that just die-hard don't want it can avoid it by playing offline, problem solved.

PS: The Sims 4 has online, it's not a offline game. You have the option to be offline, but you have the option to be online.

PS: PS: The reviews for Sims 4 is already terrible with people focusing on missing features, can't swim, can't lock doors, can't open doors, can't see open world. It's already have the interface and system built-in from start now to become a possible-if-you-want-to-play-online multiplayer game.

No cars, no taxi, no travel time, just loading screen with smaller areas that has the size of a online game (lobbies), gameplay maps for online games if you wish. WarCraft 3 maps. Each visitable by a click\loading screen, yes this game could see a possible online expansion, why be in denial about the fact that it's not Sims 3, everything has changed in Sims 4 and not for the better (according to fans that scream for one open map with no loading screen) eh?

Ask yourself this.

Why is there a loading screen from going from one house to another, when the house is just over the bridge next to you? It's shorter to travel than to the other side of the street that has no loading screen.

It's right next to you! But still you need a loading screen? Why? :) Cus the interface, system is built-in for online future expansion. (Not MMO) just 1-4 player.
  • christian_ad219christian_ad219 Posts: 24 Member
    The sims 4 Online Expansion Packs Ask to Coming soon
  • RomireRomire Posts: 2,414 Member
    The day they made a Sims MMO, is the day i quit the Sims entirely!

I will not deal with paying x amount a month for a sims fix, when im already paying $17 p/m with WoW!

I dont need another "Crack" addiction so to speak!
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    image.jpg1_zpsnlvre2v5.jpg
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited October 2014
    i don't like the idea of a life simulation game being online especially if it has the same rating as this game has

adults and kids should never play a life simulation game together.. just imagine if you where getting flirty with another sim and later find out it's being controlled by a 12-14 year old

in fact i think that was one of the complaints players had about The Sims Online that they didn't feel comfortable knowing kids where controlling some of the sims.

The biggest mistake Maxis/EA made was going after the teen rating. The idea of using a love bed, or hot kissing a kid makes a lot of us sick
    ^ a quote from this article http://alphavilleherald.com/2008/05/tso-failure-ana.html
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    The sims 4 Online Expansion Packs Ask to Coming soon

That's some prime necromancy there.
    No, EA. Don't wast time on online gameplay. :P
    I think I'll play the toddler card (even though I don't care *that* much for them) and say that toddlers are more important than online.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Sims 4 Online would not work. What about house building and lots? What if me and 17,000 other players all want to live in that nice empty lot next to the Calientes? And what about the lag? You know that would end up with players burning/drowing/starving/laughing to death because of lag.

And seriously, no offense, but I want my game to be my own personal experience. I don't want other people messing that up.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2014
    I played Sims Online and personally Sims online rotted. Was the worse game I ever played and the absolute most boring. There was zero sandbox play - no joining your sim with other players sims - the most they could do was stand and meet each other and talk. Didn't even have anyway to try to really play with other simmers sims. It was like Sims 3 showtime where the other players sim just showed up in your game to perform - but there was no other reaction with that sim. They left after performing and you never saw them again or met them or anything.Only in the Sims Online they didn't even perform or any thing - they were just there walking around and then left. I played Sims online and at least family relatives of mine living in real life an hour away from me and i never once saw their sims in the Online game even after we all played the game for nearly 2 months. All of us hated the game and just stopped playing. The most sims ever did was skill. You had to skill to even earn stuff for your house. Your sims couldn't marry - no babies - nothing like sims at all. EA made 4 renditions of Sims Online - just changed the name - and it never got any better. You could not use cheats or CC. You had to pay real money for everything - it cost 10 dollars a month to play the game and you got nothing for your money. But picture one badly made cartoon sim that you could not do anything to make it better - and one poorly made small house with all the cheapest stuff. No eps - no nothing. Nothing ever changed in the game unlike real sims games that get eps and stuff. It was so boring you wanted to poke your own eyes out. Also you were lucky to ever see another sim in the game besides your own sim. But it was not anything like the real sims game. The only thing you could control was your sims and your tiny sim house.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• keobookskeobooks Posts: 103 Member
    My 4 year old daughter will sort of play TS3 and TS4 on her own if I set it up. She can't read so that's a big hurdle. But she can get their needs basically taken care of and can make them do a few things.

Anyway, one thing she doesn't get is that my sims can't visit her game and she can't visit my game. In TS3, she sent her sims out to find me once while I was playing another machine. In TS4, she asks why she can't click on the lot where I am living and see me there in her game. Because you can see sims in Minecraft and several other games she plays, she expects that kind of interaction on the Sims.

Me, I don't care one way or another, but I know it would make my 4 year old very happy if she could visit me in the game.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    If you feel the need for a multiplayer there are a lot of games on the market.They tried it with SimCity and it was a flop.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    edited October 2014
    There was a The Sims Online game years ago with a sub fee, I played for 3 days then stopped my sub fee and never thought of playing that game again, it was a bust and didn't last very long. The online game was multiplayer with open chat with the other player sims in game which lead to some pretty unwelcome behavior with the other players
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Why not? I don't care....

Let's have everyone get something they love in the game- Bring on the Land or Online or group play. The more the merrier for The Sims 4. Make it a little something to everyone. :mrgreen: