Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Online Friends Multiplayer Expansion?

Comments

• Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    No thank you.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Pandia101Pandia101 Posts: 175 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Sims are meant to be Single player experience.

I don't agree.
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I also don't like any online aspect of it, so I'm happy they got rid of the idea to make Sims 4 online.

For people wanting to play online, go play Sims social :)

Sims Social isn't the same... and I think it got shut down.
    How would it affect you if they made an EP for online-play..?
    I am all for this idea.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    best idea ever...turn your game into the forums
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    No. Never.

I don't want the Forum in my games. Invite-only? Only I play the sims among people I know.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Pandia101 wrote: »

Sims Social isn't the same... and I think it got shut down.
    How would it affect you if they made an EP for online-play..?
    I am all for this idea.

They wouldn't get my money. That's all. I would not integrate it, or any future eps that cater to it.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    No. Never.

I don't want the Forum in my games. Invite-only? Only I play the sims among people I know.

But why!? I'll be sure to bring unneccesary drama into your game! :heart_eyes:
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    It won't happen. They tried multiplayer for the sims once, it was called the sims online and it bombed.

They then tried having multiplayer for sim city, and it bombed.

EA isn't going to try to invest in something that has already flopped on them twice.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    @DarciTheFox If only people would actually read, especially your comment, they would understand that multiplayer wouldn't ruin the game or turn it into some social forum flaming battleground. But it seems to me that people are choosing to avoid reasoning and just launch their prejudice out as they see it.

I played a multiplayer game fine with my brother and sister the other day without any strangers joining, because uh, it was a private game. If they simply would add offline multiplayer (LAN) and invitation-only type of multiplayer, we would avoid strangers ruining our games.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited October 2014
    If you'd like to know why the possibility of the Sims going online is slim to none you may want to read this regarding the Sims Online:
    Evangeline: Interview with a Child c.yber-Prostitute in TSO. Here's the link: http://alphavilleherald.com/2003/12/evangeline_inte.html

Edit: Cyber is a bad word? Wow.
    Post edited by Wildley Curious on
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    @munchie885

**punches through internet**

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    No. Never.

But why!? I'll be sure to bring unneccesary drama into your game! :heart_eyes:

I like unexpected drama. Silly drama rehashed over and over again, I can do without.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I suppose it may be possible to do a 1-4 player multi-play EP. No centralized servers, you would just have one person host and the others join via IP and a password -- something like that. Still, I think the complexities of making it work would be pretty crazy. What happens if this person has EP2 but the other doesn't? Player A has a CC outfit but does Player B have the CC to view it? There's a ton of stuff like that to work out. It could be done, but I think the final implementation would be pretty unwieldy. Unless you impose all sorts of limits that would simply rule out those things, but then . . . would what's left be worth playing?

For myself, I'd rather they not pursue it. Why? Opportunity Cost. (Opportunity Cost: The cost of an alternative that must be forgone in order to pursue a certain action.) Meaning the dev team only has so many resources (time, money, etc.) available. If you want them to spend time working out all those issues I mentioned above, it will come at the cost of being able to make something else. Would you rather they make an online EP than [insert other EP here]? They will have to forego making something else in order to make the Online EP, that's for certain.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    KiioniKiioni Posts: 1 New Member
    Are we forgetting that a Sims Online was made back in 2002?
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    best idea ever...turn your game into the forums

Now, wouldn´t that be fun? :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    TeladisTeladis Posts: 82 Member
    I think EA listen to the wrong crowd.

Online play as a option is fine and amazing idea.
    Force online play is not.

It is that simple, people who keep saying no this or that should be ignored. If you can make it as a optional thing, you should do it. Sims had co op in it before, and it was fun. Do it again.
  • Options
    RocsaiRocsai Posts: 47 Member
    Joining my voice: Do it again. We are waiting for it!
  • Options
    sadr406sadr406 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think there should be multiplayer but also you can play solo also. Think about it playing with your school friends and someone has sex that would be so funny. there should be some sort of password or code to get into the game though so you can keep the solo experience
  • Options
    sadr406sadr406 Posts: 3 New Member
    plus when would you have 170000 people playing there should be a limit like up to 10 players so there is no lag

also it should be a built in feature
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    No no no and no i do not went to have an expansion pack of the sims4 with online features i went my sims4 to remain offline
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Kiioni wrote: »
    Are we forgetting that a Sims Online was made back in 2002?

And it would bomb just as bad now. As others have mentioned it turned into a cy.ber freakshow.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    The Iron RobotThe Iron Robot Posts: 4 New Member
    You Don't have to add a "online" pack to the sims 4 but add in a multiplayer version that only lets friends join

Example: I am on Origin, I invite a friend to my origin account, I play the sims 4 and because I have a friend on Origin I can let him join my server

Lets not go professional on making it online!
  • Options
    simplysims1234simplysims1234 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Gudfroy said:
    > Is that possible?
    >
    > Because there is no feature to set which bed is which sim's bed, they sleep in random beds if you put 4 beds in first floor in 4 different rooms.
    > There is no way to lock doors or have one only one specific sim to be able to use that door, private room.
    >
    > So that makes me to believe there be a online expansion?
  • Options
    simplysims1234simplysims1234 Posts: 2 New Member
    YES!!!!!!\
  • Options
    GeorgiaRoxGeorgiaRox Posts: 22 New Member
    Yeah, would be the BEST EP EVAR! :D
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    NO thank you.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth