Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Online Friends Multiplayer Expansion?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Do iittt.... Do ittt- Come on, @EA- You know you wanna. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    david87adavid87a Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2014
    @Gudfroy +1111.

People are like journalists.

"A car was nuked this morning" - reality: The engine emitted some smoke
    "Massive logging of neighbors forrest" - reality: Accidently ran inte to neighbors bush.
    "Sims 4 get multiplayer, I want to play alone, I dont want to have 17000 people in my house" - reality: Get the opertunity to create neighborhood with 1-4 friends and it is optional.

First of all, I love the new simcity. Well, yes they could have added the offline part first but realy, I can play with friends which is great when you just want to relax and play a relaxing game to gether. And if I want to play alone I can just do that, there is no difference. The only thing I miss from the previous games is the larger maps and everything that comes with it. Well and of course less bugs. Anyway I'm not here to talk about Simcity.

It would be awesome if they added Sims 4 multiplayer. That way the guys who Has to klick the multiplayer button just because it is there, even though they want to play alone, can just skip the expansion. I don't understand people that thinks that the universe is orbiting around them. As long as the multiplayer doesn't effect the singleplayer aspect of the game I so no problem in adding multiplayer. It's the same with, e.g., skyrim. It's a great singleplayer game. But if they added the option to invite a friend or two to the game, quest sharing and some comunication option, why would that change the gameplay for singleplayer?
    In Sims 4 nothing has to change just that you are able to invite your friend or go to your friends house and what ever else feature they would deside to add. The biggest problem I can see is the fastforwarding and syncronization of time.

Instead of just writing "no" or "no no no", give me one good reason why multiplayer would change the game for singleplayer, um, players!

Oh, and I'm not talking about a frikin' mmo, no way. Just the option to create a neighborhood with some friend/s like in Simcity.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited October 2014
    Well the problem is that most people on these forums seem to have minor knowledge on how multiplayer works. (Based on what people tend to write)

It could be possible if done in a specific way.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    Valandis wrote: »
    Well the problem is that most people on these forums seem to have minor knowledge on how multiplayer works. (Based on what people tend to write)

It could be possible if done in a specific way.

The OP specifically mentions an online version - this isn't the same as your multiplayer idea.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »
    i don't like the idea of a life simulation game being online especially if it has the same rating as this game has

adults and kids should never play a life simulation game together.. just imagine if you where getting flirty with another sim and later find out it's being controlled by a 12-14 year old

in fact i think that was one of the complaints players had about The Sims Online that they didn't feel comfortable knowing kids where controlling some of the sims.

The biggest mistake Maxis/EA made was going after the teen rating. The idea of using a love bed, or hot kissing a kid makes a lot of us sick
    ^ a quote from this article http://alphavilleherald.com/2008/05/tso-failure-ana.html

Thank you, I've never been comfortable with this situation. The biggest reason I didn't like Sims Social or any other game that required me to play with other people kids. I am not comfortable with anyone in my game but most of all, kids. No thank you and I pray this will never come to past in this series. The day the game turns into an MMO, definitely will be the end of my Sims obsession.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    They have done 'The Sims Online' you know what happened to it? they decided to take it down so I don't think I would waste my money on a online that would only last for a few years...
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    *sigh* WHEN will people get over this idea that any mmorpg version of The Sims would be played *just like the offline version*?

Newsflash: It won't. You might be able to marry, but you will never see children in an online version. Why? Because children are npc's and the world continues even after you log off. Children can't be controlled. So, you and your friends aren't going to be able to do online what you can do offline.

At most, The Sims 4 Online would be nothing more than a graphical chat board, much like the Sims Online used to be. And the gameplay would be extremely limited. Why do you think they have so many bars/lounges in the game? Because that's where players were supposed to hang out and talk to each other. In my opinion, what killed the Sims Online was the enforced socialization (you were penalized for having your own home, for example) and the lot by lot loading screens. It literally begged for cliques and groups, since the system was so popularity based.

As I stated earlier, when this was being designed as an online game, family gameplay was *not* considered. The focus was on young adult Sims, which explains why they got the most "love", while the other life-stages were tacked on afterwards.

Trust me, an online version of The Sims 4 will not even remotely resemble what you can do online, so all of you who have this idea that you'd be able to play with your friends and create families, etc. just the way you can do it offline...kiss that idea goodbye, because that's not how online works.

(and they'd have to make it free-to-pay...er play, if they want people getting it in the first place.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    david87adavid87a Posts: 2 New Member
    The OP doesn't mention mmorpg, just online friends.
  • Options
    Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    A mmorpg for the Sims is never a bad idea, it could be a good thing for EA
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    A mmorpg for the Sims is never a bad idea, it could be a good thing for EA

keep telling yourself that. I don't see EA combining *this* particular iteration with a multi-player LAN game, even because it would mean trying to combine 2 different styles. It's not just going to be a simple matter of clicking on an option and there you are, online with your buddies and building a neighborhood. For one thing, EA would want to have absolute control over what goes on in an online game; most game companies do, for legal and other reasons.

IF there is ever a mutli-player version of this game, it will be separate from the regular off-line version.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    Can't tell if trolling... or just 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I can just see it now.... People would constantly do mischievous things to one another. I'll pass.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I hate 60% of the people on this forum. I don't want them in my game unless I can have my own world and invite the friends I want in it.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    I hate 60% of the people on this forum. I don't want them in my game unless I can have my own world and invite the friends I want in it.

You would invite Asuka Mothersheep over , wouldn't you?
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    We are NOT talking about an MMO everyone! We're talking about a co-op feature that allows for multiplayer and single player. I seriously think people aren't taking the time to think this through before they just shout "NO"

I for one would buy an expansion pack or DLC that allows my game to be multi-player. I do NOT want a sims MMO, that will ruin the game. You can't just slap a game like the sims online, it will ruin the possibility of player made worlds etc...but if they made the sims with a multiplayer option, you retain the possibility of player made worlds.

We are NOT talking about a huge online experience where they just slap the sims online, we are talking about allowing the option for multi-player with a select few of your personal irl friends and family or anyone that you want to join your town. The game would be exactly like it is now, but with the option to allow a small group of your irl friends & family to join your game.

I have already signed the petition and I would GLADLY buy an EP or DLC that gives me the option to both play single player and multi-player at my own discretion. That means that you still have your private towns, but you can also connect certain saves or towns like a server for your friends to connect to and play with you.

The option to connect and disconnect towns for online play should be left up to the player and should be enabled to connect or disconnect a town at any time. The person hosting the town would have to give out the details of how to connect to their town to the people they wanted to play with, not just random strangers. I don't want to play with random strangers, I want to play with my friends and family!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

@Asuka7794 I summon thee Senpai!!! *Baas like a sheep*
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

You seem a bit obsessed with her.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member

tumblr_mqf8aqCmSM1ql5yr7o2_250.gif
    YUM
  • Options
    durucakirdurucakir Posts: 6 New Member
    I mean, i hope there will be a multiplayer section but maybe there will be still a single player mode.
  • Options
    durucakirdurucakir Posts: 6 New Member
    And by multiplayer i mean you can play with your friends not strangers.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I hope the day never comes , If it does it will know longer be the sims we know and love.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I don't understand how not locking doors and assigning beds gets us to an online game. assigning beds and locking doors didn't come out until university in sims3 and that was an EP.
    I wouldn't buy an EP that allowed me to play online. My sims are mine and not for sharing unless I choose to upload them.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    No thank you. I do not want a simulation game turned in to another social game.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Multiplayer?

no, no, NO!

I play the sims for ME. It's MY time to escape the real world.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited October 2014
    That would be the final nail in the coffin for me. Imo they really messed up this base game although, depending on how future patches go and where they take it from here, it could be salvaged. If multiplayer is the rout they intend to take the series from here on out, then I'll be finished with ts4 as that is really really not what I want in a sims game.

I realize we are not talking about making it an mmo, but I still would HATE if they wasted time and resources on making this happen. I don't want anyone else in my world, not even my best friend who I love and adore. The sims is my space. If I want to play a game with a friend, there are tons of other options. To me, what makes the sims the sims would not really be possible with a co-op type set up.