Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited October 2017
    I only have one ultimate suggestion for The Sims 4, and I am 100% serious and dedicated to its inclusion in the game.

Body hair.

Here's the deal.

I've said this before elsewhere on the forum, as I find it very important. Adding body hair is about being inclusive. It is literally one of the many things that people all over the world have been shamed for, or insulted over. It is something that is scorned by people and the media in recent decades essentially because both dresses were getting shorter and the world wars sent men to war, and razor companies wanted to expand their market to women. Hairless bodies are the norm now for men and women in popular culture, despite the fact that it is NOT the norm for actual people.

Sims 4 seems to pride itself on being inclusive. This is an important issue as the exclusion of body hair in media within recent decades stems from businesses and the media telling people that it's wrong to be who they are and look the way they do.

So, it only makes sense that The Sims 4 add body hair options into their games, as they have done before.

It doesn't need to be something that is randomly generated on all sims, but can be something that is strictly added within CAS if they're worried about people getting upset about it. (All the more reason it needs to be there, because people need to understand, even if they don't have a preference for it, that a man having a chest covered in hair is normal.)

There was some word a while ago about the art style being difficult for something like body hair. So, to that, I say this. The Sims 4 art style is just that. It is an ART. There is nothing you can't find a way to draw or model in any given art style. Sims 4 is an exaggerated art style, and it'd be fine if the body hair was as well. You bring that art style to whatever it is you're making.

There are literally a ton of beard options in the game, from thick beards to stubble. If Sims 4 can have beards modeled, then it can do chest hair. I have confidence in Maxis' ability to do this.

So, for the sake of being inclusive, allowing people to express themselves, and for allowing people to make themselves, or characters, in the Sims that let people be who they are, body hair is a necessity to add to CAS.

Thanks for reading, and I'll be looking out for body hair in every new patch and pack that comes out.

a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    Obviously, you may not use cc. Body hair that looks good has been available for sometime now.
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited October 2017
    FrogPrince wrote: »
    Obviously, you may not use cc. Body hair that looks good has been available for sometime now.

Nope, I'm not a CC user. CC might work great for those who use it, and I do think the body hair cc I've seen looks decent, but Maxis is also more than capable of providing it themselves.

Nothing against cc, I'm just not personally a fan of modding/adding cc to my games. Also, I don't think Maxis should, not that I know if they would either way or not, use the existence of cc as a reason or excuse to not put body hair officially in their game.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    I don't dislike the Sims 4, how could I dislike any of the Sims from 1-4? I am a fan and will be until I get too old to play. But since the Sims 2 I have realised that the Sims 2 was probably the best of all. Why? It was the way the game played. The expansion packs, they came in a logical order IMAO. People complained about loading screens in the Sims 2 but for me the whole format of the Sims 2 was the best. Yes there have been things that have been developed over the years like "create a style" in the Sims 3 which I loved, being able to change the colours of things and there is no doubt the Sims 3 had tons of content which I liked. I loved the open neighbourhood, being able to follow my Sims in their car but honestly the zooming in and out all the time became somewhat of a problem at my age. I had to stop playing after a short time. I found the Sims 4 mean and lean when it arrived although has improved somewhat.

What I dislike most of all is that now we have to buy so much content since the Sims 2. All extra money that many people cannot afford. We are given a "light" base game in the Sims 4. I applaud it has been expanded without cost over the years. We are expected to buy so many expansion packs and stuff packs to expand to make the game more fun. This was never something in the Sims 2. We got out Base Game. Expansion Packs and our special stuff packs for adding items into our game. I understand that companies have to make money to keep afloat, but at who's expense? The players not the top executives and the share holders! And when things go wrong and no one is buying as they once did, the games they loved, companies become defunct. I have seen it over my many many years of my PC playing games. Companies being taken over by big corporations and then those games get lost because it is more about profit than the game! And then we are no longer able to play because of Microsoft Operating Systems being updated!

I would love to see a Sims 2 game style again developed. The same format as we had back then, with updated graphics and some of the wonderful things that have been developed over the years since the Sims 2 finished. I feel an era of the Sims finished with the Sims 2 and although I have loved playing the Sims 3 and 4, it lacks something for me. If only I could get the Sims 2 to work on my new computers I would still be playing it now, instead of the Sims 4. Although I do love finding out about new things in the Sims 4 I still hanker back to my Sims 2.

Why do those companies putting out games that are a success think it has to abandoned for something new? Forgotten forever? This is true in so many things in life. This is not about the average person wanting something, but about big corporations making money, thinking they know best for us consumers, deciding what we want and often getting it wrong. If Microsoft Windows hadn't updated their operating system I would be still playing the Sims 2. I cringe every time a new operating system comes out. It breaks so much!

We live in a throw away society were nothing seems precious anymore. When will those in authority wake up and realise that when something is good it should be kept.

If Thomas Edison hadn't invented the light bulb we would still be in the dark. Yes we are moving onto more energy efficient light bulbs but the principle is still the same. It is not much different, we still get light. Tweaking is good but not changing things so much we notice the change.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    oh! also, the ability to separate foundations. like only apply foundations to a certain room. like say you have a house, the first story has four rooms. in the living room is a raised platform with a short set of steps. well, currently we can get that effect by deleting the floor, but ALL WALLS have the foundation, so the other rooms are raised too. second example: farms. say we have a farm house with a foundation. well, currently we can't make a barn house without a foundation because foundations are applied to ALL rooms on one given floor, even if they're not connected, which I think is bogus! barns don't have foundations. other examples could be indoor or outdoor stages. indoors: you have a fashion show with a cat walk, so you'd delete the floor to have a raised platform for the stage, right? again, all other rooms are raised too. outdoors: you have a concert or theatre stage, but also a set of bathrooms. the bathrooms are raised too. this limitation blocks out a lot of creativity, as well as trying to achieve realism.

another problem is STAIRS. stairs take up SO much room both indoors and outdoors. I think there should be a level of steepness, as well as options for ladders and spiral stairs. also, floor doors, to make cellars, or just get rid of the eyesore that is a giant hole where the stairs are. adding a fence can only do so much. I think the stairs are probably the biggest annoyance of building.

another think I find inconvenient, but not necessarily important is, when you move a lot, anything raised with the 9 key is back down on the ground/floor. still, just annoying, not really important.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

If Thomas Edison hadn't invented the light bulb we would still be in the dark. Yes we are moving onto more energy efficient light bulbs but the principle is still the same. It is not much different, we still get light. Tweaking is good but not changing things so much we notice the change.

Well, Actually Edison never invented either lightbulb or the radio.
    Both inventions were made by a guy named Nikola Tesla, and he experimented with even more things. Like wireless energy. Powering a device without the need for a battery or a cable, just having the power sent through the air. Imagine that. And that's only scratching the surface.
    Zero Point Energy, Energy from Magnetism, Weapons that create earthquakes...
    Tesla experimented with all of that and could have succeeded with proper funding.
    Edison was just good at selling all that stuff and get it on the market.
    The only reason Tesla didn't receive any proper funding is that Edison took all the credit for the inventions and Tesla got angry about it and refused to keep working with Edison. And after Tesla died, the FBI confiscated all his documents. Presumably to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands.
  • Options
    I keep coming across things that make me wonder why a certain thing isn't implemented in the game... for club uniforms, there should be an option to make sure they all wear attire based on the category of their outfits. like if I wanted everyone to be in their party attire during a meeting.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    SimiellaSimiella Posts: 36 Member
    I would appreciate if you get memory into The Sims 4 like you had in The Sims 2. It isn't much but it would be a reminder of how unique your sim is and what it has gone through.
  • Options
    JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    I personally think:

University & Supernatural should be merged - Sims now get to study magic at a school, placed in a “house” or “team” and they do activities etc. “The Sims 4: Supernatural University” or something more exciting.

+

The Sims 3 Showtime & The Sims Superstar were one of my favourites from the previous versions so we need “The Sims 4: Findin’ Fame”

Just like Superstar, your sims have a level of fame (stars) and you get invited to different events, papped by Paparazzi, in magazines etc. The more stars you have, the more famous & wanted you are.

You can join 4 choice of careers:

- Singer (sign to label, go on tour, perform etc)
    - Model (attend shoots, make a fragrance etc)
    - Actor/Actress (film in programmes/films)
    - Artist (create art sold worldwide)
  • Options
    Burtonkc08Burtonkc08 Posts: 3 New Member
    Can we get the assign employee task on phone or tablet as well? When there is nothing to stock , I would love for them to do other task assigned without walking far to them.
  • Options
    My butlers will not sleep in my second floor mansion assigned bed. They want to be near me at all times to sleep on the first floor. I did repair for the game and same thing at all times. A no nap option would be great also. A sim goes to the nearest sleeping spot (couch) when they should go to their bed. I would like to be able to tell them do not sleep here.
  • Options
    We really need the lock option for makeup to return.
  • Options
    oh, and you know how there's the hammer tool to delete stuff? there should be a tool to send things to your household inventory. that way, if you have a lot of stuff you need to put in your inventory, you don't have to keep dragging and dropping them in, you can just click everything.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    Why, oh why is there still not a "scramble traits" function? It is BORING to be able to choose your babies' personalities. There's no fun in that, the whole unpredictability and realism is gone. I solve it now by having a D&D dice at my desk, which I roll to get random personality traits, but I really miss the easy peasy way it was done in Sims 3 with randomize traits button, like we have for appearance.

Please, please give us the random personality trait function we used to have and love, surely that can't mess things up or be too big of a fix-up?
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2017
    Gurus, this is a really great patch with a lot of awesome new stuff, but I'm still disappointed that you still haven't addressed this long-standing issue that has been causing problems since GTW first came out in 2015. It's been two years!
  • Options
    BruhDuhManBruhDuhMan Posts: 2 New Member
    So far, the only thing I don't like about the 11/7 update is that I prefer to have my played and unplayed sims separate. I like to edit my auto-created, unplayed/homeless sims just for the occasional fun of it and hate when they're automatically favorited after editing them.
  • Options
    BruhDuhManBruhDuhMan Posts: 2 New Member
    For the restaurants, would there ever be a possibility to add shifts, breaks, and managers? I want to feel comfortable to keep the restaurant open and not have to always keep an eye on it.
  • Options
    sacramurdasacramurda Posts: 8 New Member
    Hey so...Cats & Dogs. I find the lack of water bowl sadly disappointing.
  • Options
    Elisabetta_AverynElisabetta_Averyn Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't know where to leave my feedback but I just want to say that I'm so so happy with the Cats&Dogs EP, I don't remember being so happy about the sims 4 before. I was a little sceptical about this EP but now I absolutely love how pets are not controllable anymore and how they have their little unique surprising features! It makes my game a little less predictible than ever and I enjoy it so so much! Wow EA
  • Options
    I like cats and dogs, but for god's sake, I miss my custom traits. I mean, I know EA doesn't support CC, but they obviously did something to break ALL custom traits, and I wish they'd fix it. my sims aren't who they were before... and what's worse, some of the creators may never update them! maxis, c'mon, I think you've gotta step in on CC this one time.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member

Fish & Fishing!

Could we please have some sort of order in our Fishing Bait so we are able to find an item easily. At the moment I have to trawl through everything to find the one item I want. Items of the same fruit/veg are not put together as they were in the Sims 3 and this is the same for fish, frogs and other items we can fish with. Unless I sell everything and keep just the item I want, which seems to defeat the object of the game for using things for making food, herbal remedy etc. Or why not have an option where we can fish directly using an item from our Sim's inventory? I loved fishing in the Sims 2 and even more in the Sims 3. I feel the Sims 4 should have improved on this not gone backwards!

I much preferred how fishing was in the Sims 3 being able to learn about bait by reading or catching a fish with the right bait. Being able to read what fish we could catch in the water instead of being told why kind of bait to use. Not the type of fish we could find there. We can catch without there being a special bait item and seems to be more luck most of the time rather than skill; although we can see they types of fish we can get with certain types of bait but this seems to be very random much of the time. Too much other than fish seems to be caught as well! I don't mind finding items but I have found this is more prevalent sometimes than the fish we are seeking, this can be very frustrating when you want fish! I found fishing in the Sims 3 and a lot more satisfying.

Also I hate how our fish rots! Before my Sims gets home the fish are foul after a long time of fishing, so I end up selling it fresh or mounting it straight away. I have read it makes no difference to being foul and in the case of bait this maybe so. We were given a cooler in the Outdoor Retreat, so why cant we have something similar to keep our fish in so it can stay fresh till our Sim returns home?

It would also be good when using fish for cooking to be able specify which fish we want to use to make "fish and chips" or the other fish dishes that don't specify a particular type of fish. As we could in the Sims 3.

• Options
    camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    Even though there are some things I want niw like my sim has memories like in sims 2 and group photos and group paintings.they are 2 things I want so very much. And my simcan put photos in journals according to writing. Without my help. But I must say I have discovered many new and exciting things that have added since gtw. I started pkaying again several weeks now. And now pets. Thankyou for new things. I love the sims.Thanks maxis origin ea and will. And all the people who made sims happen.great work.
  • Options
    justjasperjustjasper Posts: 1 New Member
    Pets who are part of unhoused families being counted as "strays" so we can basically steal them off other sims + the inability to make our own strays with pet-only households is a really strange design choice.
  • Options
    ChrystalRubinChrystalRubin Posts: 46 Member
    Okay, the constantly fearful issue is becoming somewhat game-breaking. I can't handle listen to my dog whine and whine, and seeing his profile in red. It's depressing, stressful and kinda hopeless when I can't find a way to deal with it. I'll list up the facts again; he was only scared of the tv first, that was fine. I deleted the tv and all was cool. Then we went to the vet and he got a preventative shot. And then baam, at the vet office, when he got the shot, he got scared. And then he stayed scared. Whenever I ask what's wrong I get a little bubble with a man with something covering his head and face, same symbol he got at the vet office when he got his shot. Now I got a chronically anxious dog that's driving me nuts. I am considering either selling him or aging him up until he dies, but both of those options feels wrong for each their set of reasons :(
    #SadNow
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    I wanted to say thank you for putting a married gay couple in the cats and dogs expansion! I was suprised and really excited. I immediately started playing with them :smiley: Also, I love the stuff that came with the pack, especially the exterior scalloped siding and the bay window shaped sofa. That was such a cool idea!

It’s weird to me that I can’t control the pets, but I didn’t really care about them in the first place.