Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    ... And they should ABSOLUTELY react when a family member dies, even if it's off lot. I mean, another sim in this house bawled like a baby when a coworker he barely knew died at work, but losing his husband gets no reaction??? Nope. Fix it please.

Add it to the massive list of things that don't work. My painting sim learnt pretty much EVERY other skill in game while I played another household. When I decided to play that house again; the only skill that had not gone up? Painting, of course...

I swear; Four Sim iterations, the only thing that's happened is that sims have got dumber...
    ...it's not even like you get any kind of answer from the team, moderators or support.
    It's like "Thanks for the money, suckers!"
    Just keep adding more and more junk, guess they think we'll just suck it up...
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I'm tired of vampires just standing outside in the sun, in front of their own house, or across the street, and dying. When my vampire sim comes home from work, they should go inside their house, all on their own, without me having to tell them to! No matter what their current needs are. I had my game minimized, and forgot it wasn't paused. Came back, and one of my vampires had died, without me even knowing. And to make matters worse, NO ONE in his family even KNEW or cared he died! At least I can make ambrosia....

Seriously, though, these two things need some work. Vampires should seek shelter from the sun, unless they are immune to sun damage. They did that all the way back in Sims 2, or at least 3. And they should ABSOLUTELY react when a family member dies, even if it's off lot. I mean, another sim in this house bawled like a baby when a coworker he barely knew died at work, but losing his husband gets no reaction??? Nope. Fix it please.

I think maybe we need funerals, something small but like the wedding, and clicking the urn could show the one that died friends list. so that you can invite them. and yes so you can make ambrosia.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    why doesn't EA/Maxis know what black or white is??
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • BieberFever975BieberFever975 Posts: 105 Member
    Seems like since City Living came out, all townies that are being generated in my game ALL have these foreign type names, now dont get me wrong, i love how diverse the sims 4 is and adding new names like this is GREAT, but literally every.single.townie is getting these names that i cant for the life of me pronounce, some even have odd spelling, its gone overboard. And multiple households will spawn all at once with the SAME foreign names most of them dont even match their cultural background, it makes the game super unrealistic. If only the name generator went back to equally generating all variety of names :(
    You realise the only way you'll ever get an answer is if you cut the money off? ;)
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    I love this game but as a builder type of player i am struggle with some failures or omissions in buy/buid mod. I will make a list of this things:

Get To Work:

- there are three objects of this pack that only appear when we are in business catalog.
    - A long time ago you released all locked objects from the active carreers for general catalog but you forgot the hospital bed, the cirurgic machine, the interrogation table, the digital impressions machine, and the baby cribs (human and alien) ... (this objects still all as debug) We have the jail fences since the launch of the expansion but the doors are debug (dosn't make sence to me)
    -The three reception balconys are not in the general catalog too

City Living:
    - In generic type of lot catalog the rabbithole public bathroom are available. I wonder if its an error or if you will release the others from the base game, outdoor retreat and get together too??

And there are some bugs to:

We can't build in secret lots (active careers included) except in the lab wich is possible without the cheat "enablefreebuild"!!

And in some special lot types like the ruins and the natural pool of windenburg, when we select the icon who shows all objects at once, only shows the objects of one single category and not both!

Probably this is not a big deal but for people who like build and buy aspect of the game, sometimes is a pain to switch from category and type lots or use cheats because of missing objects in the catalog. I hope someday you will fix this things.

And im sorry . My english isnt perfect! Im not a fluent speaker.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    > @Renato10 said:
    > I love this game but as a builder type of player i am struggle with some failures or omissions in buy/buid mod. I will make a list of this things:
    >
    > Get To Work:
    >
    > - there are three objects of this pack that only appear when we are in business catalog.
    > - A long time ago you released all locked objects from the active carreers for general catalog but you forgot the hospital bed, the cirurgic machine, the interrogation table, the digital impressions machine, one of the business fridges and the baby cribs (human and alien) ... (this objects still all as debug) We have the jail fences since the launch of the expansion but the doors are debug (dosn't make sence to me)
    > -The three reception balconys are not in the general catalog too
    >
    > City Living:
    > - In generic type of lot catalog the rabbithole public bathroom are available. I wonder if its an error or if you will release the others from the base game, outdoor retreat and get together too??
    >
    > And there are some bugs to:
    >
    > We can't build in secret lots (active careers included) except in the lab wich is possible without the cheat "enablefreebuild"!!
    >
    > And in some special lot types like the ruins and the natural pool of windenburg, when we select the icon who shows all objects at once, only shows the objects of one single category and not both!
    >
    > Probably this is not a big deal but for people who like build and buy aspect of the game, sometimes is a pain to switch from category and type lots or use cheats because of missing objects in the catalog. I hope someday you will fix this things.
    >
    > And im sorry . My english isnt perfect! Im not a fluent speaker.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    @Renato10 You don't need at all to apologize for your English. I have see much worse English from people who have lived in an English speaking country all their lives and likely don't even know other languages except English :)
  • CakesGoSupernovaCakesGoSupernova Posts: 1 New Member
    I love everything about the Sims, the only thing I'd like to do is suggest a possible expansion pack.
    A Farm-based expansion pack. You can own a farm, raise chickens and cows, grow better gardens, etc. I think that'd be a cool addition to the Sims.
  • NyancatmewmewNyancatmewmew Posts: 1 New Member
    Not sure if this is going to get seen or looked at, but didn't know where else to put it. I'm at my wits end and I don't think I'm the only player to feel this way either.

There is a simulation lag that I cannot for the life of me figure out whats causing it. The game didn't do this until about 3 - 4 months ago and I've been playing TS4 since release.
    My game is literally unplayable because of the simulation lag.
    My sims will stand in the same spot for hours and hours, doing nothing. Kids don't go to school, Parents lose control of their bladders or have energy failures because the game doesn't register that I have commanded them to do something. (I've tried saying please too but that didn't do nothing. :()

So, after months of trying to fix it, deleting cache files, deleting CC, deleting actual sims, moving to smaller lots, repairing my game etc etc etc... I end up here, on my knees, begging for the simulation lag to be at least looked into.

Kindest regards,
    An ever faithful Simaholic.
    xoxo
  • KrylentaKrylenta Posts: 2 New Member
    I have quit sims 4 and have returned to sims 3, crashes and glitches in all.

What I don't Like:
    ~ The Controls, sims 1, 2, and 3 were all on the bottom, sims 4 being on top just confuses me when I go to work a control and it's not there.
    ~ The 4 divisions in the town, 3 residential and one commercial. I can't have one sim at home, with one at the library and control both.
    ~ How jobs work. same with how long the take home work takes. My sim only had time to work and sleep and shower or eat before it was time to work again, with the take home work not always finished.
    ~ The lack of adventure. At home or elsewhere in the game.

What I like:
    ~The graphics are nice, same with being able to adjust how high stuff on the wall is.

To be frank, I will play sims 5 if its like sims 3. until sims 4 gather dust on my shelf, and my families because they don't like it either.
  • DeeB424DeeB424 Posts: 35 Member
    Frustrating behaviors from Toddlers - this is out of control. Toddlers do not behave as their trait depicts. If you have an Angelic Toddler - why does he/she immediately begin making a mess or first meal throughs it to the ground. This is frustrating even after you have painstakingly sat and taught thank you please, and to say sorry to improve their manners and emotional control.

Playing with obnoxious behaviors isn't fun. It's extremely irritating. I shut off aging and have spent days on days in one family with one toddler and the make a mess, tantrum, refusing as told behaviors aren't supposed to be indicative to an Angelic child yet that's what I get.

No CC, no mods - this is behaviors of all of the toddlers in any traits. I've used cheats to increase their traits to positive and still no change with the negative behaviors. most generally I end up only dealing with the negative behaviors for about 3 days and then I'm aging them up - can't stand them.

FEEDBACK: Allow the trait to be real, once positive behaviors are shown and improving - don't permit negative unless provoked not negative behaviors to provoke good - it doesn't work.
  • JiWsJiWs Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi.
    I'm talking about a further expansion pack - Cats&Dogs. Little suggestion.
    I think the menu icon for "coat color/pattern" on creation screen is pretty scary. It is skinned (!) pelt. Skinned away. And no way to imagine it is not skinned. Creepy to me, and I'm not even vegan. It's about living pets, not about a useful resource, you know.
    Maybe, while there is time before the release, will you choose another option?

https://thesimsclub.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cappositioning2.jpg
    http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/16175/16777780_1.jpg
  • swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    These are all so marvelous! I wish I could clicky Insightful Like and Awesome for everyone!
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Any chance that we could order coffee for a group?
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Frustrating behaviors from Toddlers - this is out of control. Toddlers do not behave as their trait depicts. If you have an Angelic Toddler - why does he/she immediately begin making a mess or first meal throughs it to the ground. This is frustrating even after you have painstakingly sat and taught thank you please, and to say sorry to improve their manners and emotional control.

Playing with obnoxious behaviors isn't fun. It's extremely irritating. I shut off aging and have spent days on days in one family with one toddler and the make a mess, tantrum, refusing as told behaviors aren't supposed to be indicative to an Angelic child yet that's what I get.

No CC, no mods - this is behaviors of all of the toddlers in any traits. I've used cheats to increase their traits to positive and still no change with the negative behaviors. most generally I end up only dealing with the negative behaviors for about 3 days and then I'm aging them up - can't stand them.

FEEDBACK: Allow the trait to be real, once positive behaviors are shown and improving - don't permit negative unless provoked not negative behaviors to provoke good - it doesn't work.

Toddlers, kids, and teens got more negative behaviors after parenthood, They are trying to make the game more lifelike from their eyes, or from what people asked for.
    You can be a sweet baby or toddlers and still make a mess, and you can be angelic and get upset, they push the food when they do not want to eat more. same as real toddlers. they make a mess because they are kids and toddlers.
    In real kids and toddlers get upset, it does not mean they are bad. (I stop using the high chair. and let them eat on the teddy bear chairs. just put out food for them to click on to eat. no nannies.) a ranch style home is best with toddlers. also more than one potty chair. never let them go to red in hungry.
    Just think of them as real toddlers. and try to understand it's not their fault, it's just a program.
    We all love our toddlers, and we all are going through the same thing, yes they are cute and fun but taxing.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • NinJaDinoSaurrNinJaDinoSaurr Posts: 1 New Member
    i don't like that I have to wait forever for my sims to wake up because my butler is awake and time won't go any quicker at night. Non playable character shouldn't affect my night speed. Almost want to fire her just to sleep quicker at night.
  • Fc3sHightowerFc3sHightower Posts: 1 New Member
    For the upcoming pets xpac

It looks like there will be variation in size of dog... but it so far doesn't look like there's much variation in size with cats. I'm not saying there should be big dog-sized cats, but it would be nice to make something like a Savannah cat which tend to be taller than the average house cat. In screenshots I see that there

http://www.f1hybridssavannahcats.com/savannah-cats/
  • S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    edited October 2017
    I want the sims to fix the timing issue. with every action in sims time being too long because every second = to a minute so every action that in normally life would be quicker e.g it takes 5 second to walk downs stairs in sims times that five minutes

P.S. This is not a computer problem, lagging or cc etc. It's how the actual game operates my link down below explains further.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/925897/timing-its-all-about-timing-and-its-a-problem/p1?new=1
    Post edited by S1MSLYS1S__QARD on
  • emberelfemberelf Posts: 63 Member
    Hello Devs and fellow Simmers, I decided to post my feedback, since its been a couple of year since my last one. My goal is to do this as constructively as possible.

Things I like about the game:(since my previous feedback)

1. Toddlers. Yup, I was one of those who really wanted them back into the game. Thank you very much for listening! You made them absolutely adorable! I instantly wanted to cuddle them, hug them, name them George....wait....I've seen WAY too many Bugs Bunny cartoons....
    2. Addition of more building aids via pack content. I am an avid builder, and I have really enjoyed some of the additional plants/trees/bushes that have been implemented. I find myself mixing amongst all those objects and achieving new looks.
    3. Addition of style choices for building and interior decorating. Get Together & Vampires packs really gave some nice style choices (ie. Tudor & Victorian-esque). And I've noticed some drop-ins of base game items in this category as well. You are very very sneaky ;) Thank you so much for that. I really hope you continue to add additional choices.
    4. You've added an option for your players to vote on different stuff packs. I thought that this was a really nice touch. Cookies are on me guys

Things that need improvement:

1. No terrain tools.This is, perhaps, one of my biggest complaints. I'm tired of building on flat ground. Been there, done that. Manipulating objects with MO to simulate terrain height just doesn't have the same impact.
    2. Stairs can only be placed in 90 degree angles. Stairs should be able to be placed in 45 degree angles, so they can be used on some of those curved floors/decks, as well as diagonal rooms. Also, would you please consider adding in different types of stairs, like L-shaped, circular, grand staircases, etc.? Its been 3 years since the release of the base game. (I'm seriously considering on organizing all those gnomes into my own picket line! Will give them something positive to do, instead of messing around with all those color swatches....) ;)
    3. Not all of the lot is usable for building (ie. you can't build fences or walls at the very edge of the lot, you have to place it one grid space in). I find this very irritating. If you are going to give us a lot space to use, then make sure we can ACTUALLY use the whole space. I did notice that you allowed tiles now to be placed on those outer squares. Thank you! :)

Suggestions:

1. Please give stairs some of your love! They would really like the rest of their families to come and settle down. Really.
    2. Terrain Tools, Terrain Tools, Terrain Tools......this message will repeat in 10 seconds.....
    3. Love all those styles choices (both for build and buy modes) coming out via packs and base game drop ins. Please continue to provide us with different varieties :D

Thank you for taking the time to listen to some of my gibberish. May the Gnome Force be with you and Happy Holidays!
  • ToulouseGooseToulouseGoose Posts: 75 Member
    god ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, I have feedback about the game so why can't i post a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ thread?
  • CheeseeDCheeseeD Posts: 16 New Member
    Hey there,
    I'm kinda a builder more then a player.
    The things I like is that it looks more realistically and all things you need are good to find in build mode.
    Also the roofing is better that roofs don't enter the rooms if u get what I mean.

Thing's I didn't like is nothing other then I miss from the sims 3 build mode.

For example that u can not play with hights of landscaping.
    No garage doors with cars.
    And constrain floor elevation. For the modern builds.

Other then that I really love the game and play it with fun.

Let me know if u agree or disagree with there points.

Greetz CheeseeD ^^
  • ToulouseGooseToulouseGoose Posts: 75 Member
    why don't you developers start making good content instead of doing whatever the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ stupid fad at the time is?

make a god ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ good game, don't be lazy.
  • thesiminatithesiminati Posts: 5 New Member
    > @naaatalia said:
    > I have an idea I think would be great to add to the Sims! I've never posted a suggestion so I don't know if I'm sharing it in the right place or if anyone will see it but maybe if enough of you like the idea we can make it happen! I think it'd be awesome if we had the option to give birthday gifts in the Sims. I don't own all of the packs, at all, but I do own some and there isn't an option to do that in my game. If there is an option that comes with one of the packs, I wasn't aware. Anyway, I want to be able to buy my child a birthday gift, wrap it up, blow out candles and have cake and open presents!

In TS2...
    We could give gifts. Yes, even birthday gifts. We had Santa Claus and so much more! We could give gifts just because we wanted to. Sims were not limited as they are now, nor were we. "The Sims Wardrobe" was just such a place that added great boxes and papers to what EA/Maxis created. So, you could even actually place a car in your inventory and gift that to another Sim. Those were the days.

I don't know if the Guru's that be have even considered the smaller things like gift giving, but... like you, I loved it and would wholeheartedly like it back. The birthday parties were so sweet and the holidays were awesome in TS2 and in TS3. Nothing like Santa coming in to get the cookies you baked for him and leaving you a gift before standing in your bathroom for a sim hour laughing. lol Yes, that was in TS2. TS4 has no magic, no true feeling and no future if we the Simmer's don't say enough and cease buying what precious little they give us. As a tight knit community, we have seemed to fill in where Ea/Maxis have failed. It's unfortunate that we don't have something as simple as gift giving and little holiday parties...sadly we may never. But, we can dream.