Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    Kevin_simsKevin_sims Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't know how to create a new theread, so I'm posting my message here;

I wanted to start a petition on below website, but it was blocked by my ISP.
    https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?step=description

Titled:
    [Sims 4] Create a "pet slot" for pets and don't use "family slots"

To:
    EA, The Sims 4 Developers

Description:
    ============
    I'm a player of Sim games since "Sims 2". I bought all Sim games and EPs until today.
    My heart was broke when I saw this sentence on your website;

"as they do take up one of the eight slots in your household."

Why did you created this limitation? You already mentioned pets are not controllable.
    What's the point of adding pets to the family UI?

I want you to change UI and system. Create a new "pet slot" for pets. Current "family
    slot" is for sims. "Pet slot" can appear above the "family slot" in live mode.

In this way, 1 household can have up to 8 sims and 8 pets.
    I really don't want to split my 8 sim household just for pets.

As a pet lover IRL, I am very disappointed about current design.
    I can definitely wait if you took this idea and delay the release date.

Please consider about this. Thank you for reading.

Releated:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/923991/one-pet-one-sim-really/p3
    ============

If someone agree with me, and can access to change.org, please start a new petition for me :(
  • Options
    TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    I'd love if it was possible for parents to give an inheritance to their children. Give them money for when they move out and get a place on their own, instead of keeping their fortunes for themselves (at this point I don't even know how to spend my family's money).
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have a complaint regarding neighbouring built-in lots interfering with sims' behaviour.

For example, I have downloaded a house from the gallery and placed it into Newrest next to a playground which was already built in and cannot be removed. My sims are constantly leaving the house to go to this playground to clean up any mess. It's very irritating!

Also sims constantly going to sinks to "wash dishes".
  • Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind to the non-stop laughing for no reason. Is there any way it could be toned down even a little?
  • Options
    Mikaykay17Mikaykay17 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think it would be cool if we could use the painting thing for the pets on our sims hair
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2017
    The biggest thing I want to make a comeback in TS4 is the ignore button on chance cards. I have no idea why it was removed in the first place. I've never been a fan of chance cards, even in TS2. I'm just a boring scaredy cat who doesn't like taking risks, so that ignore button was always my saving grace. And then after their absence in TS3, chance cards were brought back in TS4... without the ignore button. Why?

Also, I'd like to bring up just how mean-spirited some chance cards can be. Some chance cards outright insult the player for trying to pick the safe option. Not cool!

I, and several other simmers, go into more detail on chance cards and why the ignore button should be brought back here. Essentially, when it boils down to it, the ignore button is just a button. Simmers who like chance cards will always have the option to take a chance, and simmers who don't like them will have the option to close out of them. It's a win-win. Nothing of value would be lost by bringing back the ignore button!
  • Options
    Transgendergirl2Transgendergirl2 Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel like we should at least get a free Thanksgiving pack like with the holidays. I have been wanting to make a turkey dinner, but we can't have the option to make turkey. There are no mods for Sims 4 that has it. I am a bit disappointed.
  • Options
    Transgendergirl2Transgendergirl2 Posts: 2 New Member
    Don't get me wrong I really like the game.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I feel like we should at least get a free Thanksgiving pack like with the holidays. I have been wanting to make a turkey dinner, but we can't have the option to make turkey. There are no mods for Sims 4 that has it. I am a bit disappointed.

At level 10 Cooking you can make roast chicken and that looks like turkey. Or maybe if/when Seasons makes an appearance we'll get roast turkey then to go with some sort of autumn harvest festival.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MEP199 wrote: »
    I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind to the non-stop laughing for no reason. Is there any way it could be toned down even a little?

Try this mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=594488

Not sure it's exactly what you're looking for but it does moderate a lot of the mood swings especially the ones affected by decor.
  • Options
    TubbieHead wrote: »
    I'd love if it was possible for parents to give an inheritance to their children. Give them money for when they move out and get a place on their own, instead of keeping their fortunes for themselves (at this point I don't even know how to spend my family's money).

I tend to hang onto masterpieces in inventory if I have a painting Sim, then I drag the items into my Sim's kids inventories so they can at least sell the paintings and immediately either move to a better place or upgrade their place with better furniture and such. I'd love to see Sims have their own savings accounts; would work well for roommates if they're chipping in for rent/improvements then move out later, or for teens who are earning their own money from hacking or doing freelance programming, or if they have a part-time job. Would be handy for if we got a University pack so they could take their own money they earned instead of accessing the family funds all the time.
  • Options
    BooplesnootBooplesnoot Posts: 1 New Member
    I want a murder mod/expansion pack. I want to make a serial killer sim. I want a murderer career path. How can I make this happen?
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I want a murder mod/expansion pack. I want to make a serial killer sim. I want a murderer career path. How can I make this happen?

Try the extreme violence mod
  • Options
    camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    My sim was having a club gathering and making cupid juices, next thing I see Nancy Landgraab and Katrina Calentie woo hooing in sauna. I dont like my sims to commit adultry if I dont want it part of their lives. Good thing geoff didnt see. I didnt want to go back and start again because it had been 2 hours since last save.Anyway I think it would be a cool idea if every sim was given an option including teens to mess around and adults to woohoo to do or not it would either be a new autonomous option for me and for my sims. And a nice feature would be 5 autosave files every 5 minutes and or 10 and 15 and 20. Because I am still getting crashes not as much as when gtw first came out. Thanks
    And great work Maxis and all the community of Sims.Yay to all of us and our ideas. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 I love the sims.
  • Options
    camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    [quote="camille mcaloon;c-13398669"]> @JangoAxe said:
    > I was very skeptical at the start, but the game is more polished than I expected. There's a lot of potential and the devs seem to be nuturing the game, which is encouraging. That being said, I have some constructive criticism and some suggestions I'd like to mention:
    >
    > - Build Mode has some neat tricks, but they aren't very discoverable. I only realised today that you can toggle the grid on or off with G. This should be added to the main toolbar, because it's a pretty important and useful function IMO. The Top-Down View button should be moved there as well, since it's only available in Build Mode anyway. I never open the camera controls menu, so I never noticed it there until I read about it online.
    >
    > - An option to make the cheat console close automatically after inputting a cheat would be very nice. Also, cheats should persist for the entire game session, unless manually toggled.
    >
    > - The tooltip when hovering over a Sim to see their name and age can appear *off-screen* since its placement is fixed. This should be changed so that the tooltip is always on-screen when it appears (pretty standard UI design).
    >
    > - CAS should get more visual indicators. It's not very clear what is being altered when selecting a body part to modify, and the directional icons aren't terribly intuitive. A simple tooltip displaying what body part is being altered (in addition to the arrows) would be a simple solution and help a great deal in understanding what the user is actually doing.
    >
    > - Create-A-Sim should be directly accessible from the map screen, instead of having to click a lot first.
    >
    > - Needs drain too fast and it's too hard to gain Happiness Points. A little rebalancing is in order.
    >
    > - Ambient lighting in interiors is way too dark. Windows should let in much more light than they currently do. Even very small rooms get dark, which is just nonsensical.
    >
    > - Loading screens are too bright and blinding, especially when playing at night (it's too much even with the lights on). Also, the hints are hard to read at the bottom of the screen. They should be made prominent, preferably in the middle of the screen (ala The Sims 3).
    >
    > - The map screen is horribly boring and simplistic. I don't mind it being static, but add some colour to it. Please!
    >
    > - The maid is horribly buggy at the moment. She doesn't wear her uniform half the time, and she seems to ignore a lot of things that do need cleaning (i.e. coffee/tea pots, spoiled food in fridges etc.) Also the feature where the maid "visits while you were away" needs to go. I got charged for the maid the second my Sims moved into their new house which is ridiculous.
    >
    > - The thing that frustrates me the most is that the household resets whenever the lot is loaded. I dread quitting and reloading, or even visiting another lot in the game, since I know everyone is going to be standing out the front again. None of the previous games behaved like this.

I agree with most of these.[/quote]

Yes. This happens to me sort of the old butler is replaced by a new one.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    My feedback.....

PLEASE FIX THIS GAME! Make it so that the unique sims I create are actually unique and different and not all the same no matter which of the eleventy-hundred I have made in my world.
  • Options
    EllomypeopleEllomypeople Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey just wanted to leave a few little suggestions I've been meaning to make!:
    -Replace the kind of skill points kids already have and have the kids just have most of the skill points of adults. It's honestly kinda pointless to have the kids earn points if they just end up losing them after they grow into a teen. Also it would be funny if a kid was working towards being a programmer or something xD If not, maybe find a system where those points fully can contribute to the kid when they are older. Like say the kid gains creativity points, you can direct whether the points contribute to playing guitar, painting, writing, and etc. Or say the walking points a toddler/motor skills a kid learns can be directed into exercise, dancing and whatever else I may not know about concerning that kind of thing.
    -While it's cool to have a muscle and far scales in create-a-sim and the drag click thing for making the face appearance (Is especially fun for those who like to make really wack characters xD) but it would be nice to have a height scale. It could be an important thing with character making. Thought of this one today actually mainly cause I wanted to have a character who grew only like a child's height due to their growth but is actually a teen (heavily inspired on a film I know xD).
    -Make it an option to choose whether your children sims need to go to school or not. Now listen, I know it sounds bad but it's a thing I think would be helpful for those people who are doing challenges or is creating a story where school shouldn't be around. Like for example there is this one challenge where your sims are suppose to be stranded. If there happens to be children who are on like an island or something the first thought they have shouldn't be "Oh I need to go to school." I think It could make things so much less of a hassle that way.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    you know what I REALLY hate? when I'm trying to build something on an upper level, and the camera drops to the lower levels. both the sims 3 and four cameras do it in this game, and it is one of the most frustrating things ever.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    I’m liking the game so far, although I found the sims 2 and 3 more enjoyable because of the features, the sims 2 most of all.
    Things I like:
    -The emotion systems is amazziiing! Props to whoever came up with that idea because I love that my sims are now able to perform certain actions, act a certain way and modify certain activities, such as painting, through their emotions.
    -The return of the Goth family. This was a huge nostalgia point for me.
    -multi-tasking. I love being able to eat food or play a video game while also talking to another sim and building my relationship with them at the same time.
    -The CAS was glorious, I love being able to mould my sims into any type of person I want, be extremely beautiful and attractive or completely horrid and alien like.
    -The toddlers. These little raskles are so cute and I love the way I can see their imaginations.

Things I dislike:
    -Lack of cars, I want to be able to show of the design of my house more. A way to implement cars could be to add a time system for traveling so instead of having no time at all go by when you travel, have it take some time from the day if you are not in a car, and maybe just a few minutes when in a car.
    -No weather. I know a seasons expansion is always needed but it has always been my fav expansion and it needs to be added after the pets dlc because it’s a must own!
    -I feel like the animations are too over exaggerated/cartooney but it isn’t a huge negative cos it doesn’t bother me that much
    -The worlds are too small imo, I got too used to the free roam in TS3 and TS4 just feels sooooo small. It would be nice if we could get a map where we can have more than just a small selection of lots available so I don’t have to skip towns each time, oh, and it would be nice to have more lot types :3
    -Needs and time. I feel like my needs deplete far too quickly, and the time passes just as fast, making most of the game a grind to stay alive and takes away the fun of staying out a whole night at a bar or watching tv on the couch all morning. Because of this I’ve resorted to using the testingcheats command because i’m not a fan of doing the same thing over and over and over in just a short amount of time

Things I’d like to be implemented (I can hope ;) )
    -Seasons expansion. Duh. I gotta have mah seasons
    -Vehicles, school buses, stuff like that
    -the return of the social bunny, the theorapist, supernaturals such as witches and werewolves
    -Playable pets when they come out. (Idk yet if ghosts are playable but if they aren’t make them playable too pls)
    -More actions that a sim can perform on themselves, such as checking themselves in a small mirror, brush hair, daydream etc.
    -Is it possible to have more emotions? Cos they are so cool.
  • Options
    YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    First of all I LOVE The Sims 4, I think it is great and it brought me back to playing the sims after mostly skipping sims 2 & 3. what I do would like to see is a better way to move sims out of the household without them having to have a partner/marrying and I would love for my townies to start more drama together, more fights, more relationships, more pregnancies etcetera, they sometimes feel to the and well behave in my opinion.
  • Options
    YvinatorEliteYvinatorElite Posts: 97 Member
    > @YvinatorElite said:
    > First of all I LOVE The Sims 4, I think it is great and it brought me back to playing the sims after mostly skipping sims 2 & 3. what I do would like to see is a better way to move sims out of the household without them having to have a partner/marrying and I would love for my townies to start more drama together, more fights, more relationships, more pregnancies etcetera, they sometimes feel to the and well behave in my opinion.

Oeh and let's not forget automatic roofing! I am a Disaster when it comes to roofing.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    What i like on TS4: So many things, actually I like all the things that are already in the game.

What i dislike: things that should be in the game since 2014 like (cars, various npcs,... you know) and oh! the build/buy catalogs have many little errors (tags, missing objects, ...) fix some of this errors please!!! I will post this list again:

Get To Work:

- there are three objects of this pack that only appear when we are in business catalog.
    - A long time ago you released all locked objects from the active carreers for general catalog but you forgot the hospital bed, the cirurgic machine, the interrogation table, the digital impressions machine, one of the business fridges and the baby cribs (human and alien) ... (this objects still all as debug) We have the jail fences since the launch of the expansion but the doors are debug (dosn't make sence to me)
    -The three reception balconys are not in the general catalog too

City Living:
    - In generic type of lot catalog the rabbithole public bathroom are available. I wonder if its an error or if you will release the others from the base game, outdoor retreat and get together too??

And there are some bugs to:
    We can't build in secret lots (active careers included) except in the lab wich is possible without the cheat "enablefreebuild"!!

And in some special lot types like the ruins and the natural pool of windenburg, when we select the icon who shows all objects at once, only shows the objects of one single category and not both!

Probably this is not a big deal but for people who like build and buy aspect of the game, sometimes is a pain to switch from category and type lots or use cheats because of missing objects in the catalog. I hope someday you will fix this things.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    > @Reitanna said:
    > you know what I REALLY hate? when I'm trying to build something on an upper level, and the camera drops to the lower levels. both the sims 3 and four cameras do it in this game, and it is one of the most frustrating things ever.

SO TRUE!!!
  • Options
    Program13Program13 Posts: 22 Member
    Overall I really enjoy the game, have had it since launch. However I would like one big thing the themed challenges to be re-implemented. If I missed a challenge like the sugar skulls last year, or if I'm playing on a new save. I would like the option to do them, because I dislike having
    to 'cheat' to unlock stuff.
  • Options
    rcoop1996rcoop1996 Posts: 1 New Member
    I can’t figure out how to post a thread but we need an update for the base game for when only one sim leaves the house ! I hate having my sim go out at night and instead of sleeping, my whole sim family is up and their energy bar is completley full! I understand they should do whatever they please while it’s day time - but if I put them to bed before my sim goes out, they need to stay in bed! Especially the toddlers and kids!