Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• atrainoratrainor Posts: 29 Member
    Cats are missing 'eyebrows'!

I created a sim version of my own kitty - and got very close, but I cannot recreate his fabulous eyebrows! He is black with very large, white eyebrows, so they are one of his most distinctive features. It is too bad that the create-a-cat system completely left out eyebrow whiskers as a facial feature. On some cats they may blend in, depending on size and color, but plenty of cats have bold eyebrows and it's shame they aren't an option.

Otherwise, I'm pleased overall with the create-a-pet options.
  • 1Ghawk8711Ghawk871 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have to say Im very disapointed in this sims game. The only thing I liked is the detail with house building thats all i liked. Things I didnt like no landscape editor or customizaion. It seems to lack a lot of things compared to The Sims 3 base game which says a lot, I heard this game is coming to consoles so I asked my friend to let me have ago on the PC version of the game and I couldnt help but feel very underwealmed and very disapointed. Just the fact there is no landscape editor kind of makes me not want to buy the game and whats infuriating to me is that I suspect the game will be full price for console even though it lacks alot of content compared to the sims 3. Its such a shame too
  • thekillergreecethekillergreece Posts: 14 New Member
    Adding burglars, police cars to arrest burglars, etc just like in The Sims 3. Why these are not in??
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Some changes I would like to suggest regarding the cats & dog pack:
    - add an option to see the age of the pet (I know the birthday of my pets, my sims should be able to see this also);
    - it would be nice to be able to click on the pet and see their relation with the other household pets (in real life owners see how well/bad their pets get along);
    - maybe add something that show people upon meeting a pet how skilled they are (how well are they trained);
    - basically show us a menu when clicking the pet that contains the previously mentioned information + personality (with special quirks);
    - if a stuff pack for pets got released, I would buy it. In my personal opinion they don't have enough dog beds and toys (rope to chew on (to many balls ;) at the moment), cat tunnels, harness for small dogs (no silly shark), empty cardboard box for cat to sit in, ...);
    - quite a few bugs here! I'm assuming those will get fixed anyway with an upcoming patch so thank you in advance;
    - running a vet clinic is fun! Maybe if a sim buys one of these, they can have "vet" mentioned as their job? My sim works hard but gets no credit for it now (same for restaurants, the one who buys it is a restaurant owner, it's a job);
    - I have a single lady with two dogs, she can only walk one dog at the time which is a bit silly to be honest. I always took three big dogs for a walk at the same time when I was younger, this should be possible, no?
    - if the dogs have the option to do so they should automatically pee/poop on grass and not on the front porch 🐸🐸🐸🐸;
    - I'm under the impression that the pets sort of ignore each other? Two playful dogs should play with each other;
    - I would like it when after a walk the harness would come off automatically, now I always have to click the pet and change its outfit;

It's a fun pack and the pets look fantastic. I'd love to see some changes (maybe the ones I suggested) happen in the future. I like that I can't control the pet itself as in forcing it to eat for instance BUT it would be nice to have easy access to more information on the individual pet. Anyways, keep up the good work TS4-team and I'm looking forward to see what else you guys can come up with. I'm slightly disappointed about us still not having hamster and snakes etc as pets, but I assume you guys are working on bigger/more important things right now.

So uhm something different. Maybe add some plants/trees with peanuts, hazelnuts, all kinds of nuts and as a trait nut-allergy? If we had the option to create nut butter or cakes with nuts in them (maybe let a black widow "flavor" a dish with some nuts), we could bring an end to some of our least favorite sims. Just have them dramatically grab their throats so we can say bye-bye to them. This could be a fun thing for a seasons EP or something.

Anyway, if anyone even reads this, thank you for your time!
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Okay, the constantly fearful issue is becoming somewhat game-breaking. I can't handle listen to my dog whine and whine, and seeing his profile in red. It's depressing, stressful and kinda hopeless when I can't find a way to deal with it. I'll list up the facts again; he was only scared of the tv first, that was fine. I deleted the tv and all was cool. Then we went to the vet and he got a preventative shot. And then baam, at the vet office, when he got the shot, he got scared. And then he stayed scared. Whenever I ask what's wrong I get a little bubble with a man with something covering his head and face, same symbol he got at the vet office when he got his shot. Now I got a chronically anxious dog that's driving me nuts. I am considering either selling him or aging him up until he dies, but both of those options feels wrong for each their set of reasons :(
    #SadNow

This worked for my sim pets, maybe it can help you as well:
    Dojan wrote: »
    > @LammashtaOtaku said:
    > I have tried resetting the dog but it didn't fix the issue. Is there any other cheat to disable negative moodlets? Even though they're not visible on pets, I bet the issue is being caused by a hidden uncomfortable moodlet.

You gave me an idea, so I gave it a shot, and I did find a workable solution. I posted it in the answer HQ but I can copy-paste it here.

---

To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.

1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
    2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
    3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
    4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975

What you can do is open up notepad or something in a small window above the game and then type down the SimID there, provided you play in windowed full-screen or windowed mode, and not actual full-screen. You can then copy-paste (Control-C, Control V) the SimID once into the console.

This will clear all the moodlets from your pet and they'll stop whining. Hopefully they'll fix this soon though.

• Alistairlover31Alistairlover31 Posts: 4 New Member
    I like the Cats and Dogs EP, and the fact that you cant control them. What really bothers me tought, is that I cannot even see some basic info, like their skills, age, family tree and relationships, traits etc. I have two cats irl and of course I know how old they are, what tricks they can do and the list goes on.
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    First, and I'm sure it's been said before, getting rid of CASt for Sims 4 was just plain dumb. Seriously dumb. The swatches available for most build and buy objects are pathetic at best. And even if they aren't using the same patterns and color options on every build gets boring fast. Next, can't someone create B&B objects that MATCH??????? If you create furniture items like bookcases, dressers, end tables, desks and chairs how tough would it be to at least have the same color swatches for each item? If I went to a furniture store to buy a set of furniture and nothing they offered was the same color I wouldn't be buying at that store. In the new stuff pack there is the option to make a blue bookcase, dresser and end tables and then the desk is a different blue. Why? It's not lighting. It's a different swatch from the rest of the items. And lastly, if you designed a couch for a pack how tough is it to have a MATCHING loveseat? Ok, rant over.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    There are many objects in build&buy that only appear in some type of lots and i dont know why!! 3 from Get To Work and 1 from City Living *PLEASE FIX THIS
    b3mXt3T.png

and if we have the public bathrooms from City Living and Cats & Dogs why not this ones? (CAN YOU PLEASE RELEASE THEM?)
    GYBMkg3.jpg

and talking about debug, why there are so many essential objects from Get To Work in debug category? They should be in the menu too. PLEASE GIVE THIS OBJECTS TO!!!
    vAtwxzF.jpg

PLEASE CONSIDERE THIS BECAUSE SOMETIMES IS A PAIN TO BUILD BECAUSE WE DON-T HAVE ALL THE OBJECTS LISTED IN THE MAIN BUILD&BUY MENU!

And we have a new bug since the last patch in young adult males cas too! PLEAS FIX IT!
    7Pz70V8.jpg

• Elrich91Elrich91 Posts: 13 New Member
    I think the sims 4 have many potentialities, but they are exploited badly.

The game always seems empty and the game world is always static, motionless. Here is a list of things that, in my opinion, are indispensable irrespective of the various expansions:

-Mult and police. If my sim is a thief and peeps at another, why do not they arrest me? If my sim hits someone, why does not the police arrive? If my teenage children combine trouble, why does not the police come as in the sims 3? There are never consequences!

- Awards for satisfaction. The shop always has the same prizes, in the sims 3 I adored the prize store. I could buy items that were otherwise unobtainable, special features, lots of stuff!

-Sim supernatural. We waited so much, but only the vampires came. They are fine, but vampires alone are not enough. Now that there is Petz we would like the wolves and, as soon as possible, the wizards. They create many possibilities and I, personally, do not enjoy it without. The vampires then do not like me, for my taste. I'm so ... dead and obscure. I would prefer a good mage or a good witch, maybe fights evil.

-The mysteries. There are no mysterious things to discover. You no longer have secrets, but there are also places that are worth a visit. The animal graveyard in Brindleton Bay, for example, does not hide anything. You could insert a crypt that would act as a rabbit hole, where maybe the sim could find particular objects or meet mysterious sims or get strange humor. I would like more attention to the exploration of scenarios, why should I turn around for the scenario? in the end does not change much and I always find myself playing at home without ever having to travel my sim. I would like more interactivity, please.

- More interactive lures. If I'm a thief, because with the get-to-work expansion I can not risk being arrested by the investigators? I have a family in which a super criminal (secret) and an investigator live together. I thought it would have come out something funny, and instead, the two sim seem to ignore each other's trades.

-The cemeteries. Yes, I can already build a cemetery with my dead sim. However, I would prefer that there is a real lottery, or maybe a map area where ghosts appear, exploring crypts, strange characters meet. In short, it's all so ... flat!

-We must make sense to the different lots. At the end of the shop, only items from the catalog are sold, and there are few interesting things in the shop. I do not need to visit a store and buy something. In the sims 3 many items could only be bought in the stores and this pushed me to visit them. Besides, why is there still a kind of lot that is a movie theater? I have a lot that works like cinema, but it's a bar. The sims do not behave as if they were in a movie theater. If we had a batch of movies, instead, the sim would look at the movie (and would also use something to buy the ticket, so why should the cinemas be free?).
    -Always about the lots ... one thing I always thought was there, given the limited number of lots, is the "double type". I have some shops that are also bars, some bars that are also parks, some lots that are bars, shops, nightclubs and much more. My sims, however, behave just by the type of lot, so if I have a shop that also has a bar ... the bar is empty, there is no sim that sells drinks (I have to hire it) and no sim they go drinking something.

-More png. They need more plots scattered around the map. The thieves who come home, the bouncers in the disco. In sims 2 there was a kind of salesman who sold the vampirism care, here I have to do everything alone and effortlessly. There are no pngs that appear here and there, except for rare exceptions. Missing the sense of discovery and interactivity.

Here are some of my bigger towels and tips. I hope it is the right section and you will listen to me. A good day to all and excuse me for my English, it's not my main language :)
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    "Check toddler" interaction is just as bad as it ever was. Instead of having to go potty all the time, now they want drinks all the time & there are sippy cups everywhere! And since the last patch not one toddler has wanted to play or needed a hug. A little balance in that interaction is all I'm asking & scale it back a little too, the whole household doesn't need to be checking on the tot every 5 seconds.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • LadyLlamacornLadyLlamacorn Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't know if this is a bug or just something the team hasn't thought of; but I find it really annoying to see pets owned by someone walking in my neighborhood all dirty. Basically almost every time I see an owned pet they are dirty and hungry... When I go to their house, when I go to the park etc. etc. Also when I visit someone with pets they never get fed, or washed by their owner. The owner won't even clean their litter boxes. Since I feel really bad for the pets I have to do this myself. But it's also very annoying.

Hope this is something you will look into.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I love the new shrink feature! I always complained about the lack of such a feature, so I'm glad this was finally implemented. however, I think we should be able to shrink items more than three times smaller. :/
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • jamilsonjuniorjamilsonjunior Posts: 1 New Member
    Filters in the gallery should be exclusive rather than inclusive. I'd love to be able to select and see content that uses only packs that I have.
  • beanotronicbeanotronic Posts: 2 New Member
    The amount I've spent on this game is utterly ridiculous considering how little of it actually works.

Yes I want some stuff packs, yeah I like the Parenthood additions, and I really wanted pets. Fine, I'll pay out more for all these things. Is it too much to ask that your content actually DOES what it's supposed to?

Every time I load a family, or a family returns from a lot, they have a different butler. I prefer to keep the same butler and establish a relationship with them, maybe work them into the family story. Now I'm just firing butlers left and right hoping to somehow get my old one back. Judging by some Reddit threads this has been an issue for an entire year. And you don't bother to look into this? Moreover it means I can't keep the GOOD butlers and keep randomly hiring the ones who have kleptomania. Repeatedly. Because HAHA FUNNY JOKE!! THE BUTLERS WILL STEAL FROM YOU!!! So funny you gave it to almost EVERY butler I try to hire. It's hard to find one that ISN'T a thief.

And I'd love to enjoy the extra family interaction we get in Parenthood, but I hardly can. I have a toddler here who's hungry and about to pass out from exhaustion. If I tell the parent to pick him up, then put him in the high chair and feed him, they pick him up and put him down instantly and go to do something else. If I tell them to put him to bed, they pick him up and the interaction cancels. If I tell them AGAIN to put him to bed, they pick him up, put him in the high chair, then put him on the floor again.

EA, what in the name of god are you doing? Are you capable of making a product that actually functions? I want to add on an expansion or item pack and be excited for the content, not dreading how difficult it will be to get my sims to DO WHAT I TELL THEM TO DO. Do you have any programmers or did you fire them all to maximise profits? Your game does not work on a fundamental level sometimes. You didn't give Sims a very sophisticated AI, sure, but one would think you could click on an action and have your computer people just perform that one bloody action.

I got Pets when it came out. So far I had a cat run away, but not go anywhere. Run away again the next day. Came back filthy, with no option to clean him, while everyone complained constantly about the smell. The auto-feeder works a couple of times and then the pet bowl disappears, which I noticed only when my cat started starving. And when I had to take a dog to the vet, I found the clinic staffed by my OWN sims, who are certainly not veterinarians, whose careers haven't changed, but now go to work in nursing outfits when I play their household.

Do you employ any QA testers? I should think it's not that you couldn't afford to. So where are they?

I've seen SOME bugs get fixed. Sims don't take a plate of food from a group meal into their inventory after serving it. But even after all this time I STILL panic when I enter build mode in case I forgot to check if anyone was using the stairs and they'll get trapped under them.

I'm so tired of learning and adapting around buggy code. Not even waiting a year after release before picking up an expansion helps. I've never even come to this forum before or read anything, I just can't believe the hours my sims have wasted failing to follow simple instructions and I wish my frustrations meant something. I have no faith in this game's ability to run as I would expect it to and I think EA pushes out untested messes they don't bother to fix just for the money. And since EA's precious Origin has no way of clearly registering player feedback on the product itself they probably think they don't have to bother.
  • Morten8035Morten8035 Posts: 44 Member
    Autosave, we really need an autosave.
    I tend to forget to save the game, and having the game crash after a few hours can be quite annoying.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Morten8035 wrote: »
    Autosave, we really need an autosave.
    I tend to forget to save the game, and having the game crash after a few hours can be quite annoying.

They used to have an autosave but they borked it all up and removed it
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • beanotronicbeanotronic Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh here's some more problems that occurred since I made that first post! Will anyone ever notice these? Probably not!

A sim whose work shift begins during a social event (it was on a public lot) who chooses to attend work will go, then come back immediately having earned one minutes worth of wages, and cannot be sent to work again to earn any money or progress their career.

All the group goals during a party (like 'have 3 sims play games at the same time') do not register when sims fulfill that goal. It used to, now it doesn't, although the '3 sims listen/dance to music' was always a bit weird. It's hard to get parties up to silver level, and probably impossible to get gold because goals can't be rotated. Also, goals will appear on lots that can't fulfill the requirements, like 'play games with 3 sims' while having a party at a restaurant. crippling your ability to have a successful party.

I've had butlers that forget how to even cook anything, and/or fridges that don't register when I try to drag food into them. I can order the butler to cook and they subtract money but do nothing.

Butlers also seem to take payments multiple times a day? Either that or it's a mystery payment I have no idea where to. Surely the game should TELL you what has been paid for every time money is deducted. Sometimes, right after loading in, the game goes for a few seconds and then subtracts 14-17,000 simoleons from the household funds, for no stated reason, for nothing I can possibly think of.

Many actions don't cancel out until the action is practically complete. I can cancel my sim deciding to get food from the fridge before she goes into the kitchen, but she'll still go all the way to the fridge, pull out food, and stand there with it because nothing ever cancels promptly.

Trying to have a sim auto-solve their own low energy and go to their bed makes them decide to put a toddler to bed instead, which then rolls into an endless loop of pickup toddler-put down toddler-talk to toddler when all I wanted was for them to go to bed.

If a toddler is already using a potty and you have a sim go to potty train them, the toddler will cancel the whole thing and get off the potty. In my case the toddler also just used their nappy instead meaning no potty training could even take place.

I just want Sims to do what I tell them to do. That's my feedback. Tell a sim to do something and they actually do it. Apparently that's a pipe dream.
  • Morten8035Morten8035 Posts: 44 Member
    > @somethingstellar said:
    > They used to have an autosave but they borked it all up and removed it

Hopefully this feature will be added again soon. It's sorely needed.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Morten8035 wrote: »
    > @somethingstellar said:
    > They used to have an autosave but they borked it all up and removed it

Hopefully this feature will be added again soon. It's sorely needed.

Im not sure I would trust them to get it right honestly lmao its better to set a timer on your phone or something else thatll remind you to save. I save mine after every sim day or after every important event like a move in, marriage, birth, promotion etc.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    edited November 2017
    Renato10 wrote: »

and if we have the public bathrooms from City Living and Cats & Dogs why not this ones? (CAN YOU PLEASE RELEASE THEM?)
    GYBMkg3.jpg

you can get them using the buy debug cheat (or whatever that cheat was to see the debug items)
  • LadyLlamacornLadyLlamacorn Posts: 10 New Member
    > @estella_dee said:
    > Renato10 wrote: »
    >
    > and if we have the public bathrooms from City Living and Cats & Dogs why not this ones? (CAN YOU PLEASE RELEASE THEM?)
    >
    > you can get them using the buy debug cheat (or whatever that cheat was to see the debug items)

I'm pretty sure they are aware. I think they mean they want them to have it in the catalog without having to use the cheat everytime.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    > @estella_dee said:
    >
    > and if we have the public bathrooms from City Living and Cats & Dogs why not this ones? (CAN YOU PLEASE RELEASE THEM?)
    >
    > you can get them using the buy debug cheat (or whatever that cheat was to see the debug items)

I'm pretty sure they are aware. I think they mean they want them to have it in the catalog without having to use the cheat everytime.

sure. k.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    > @estella_dee said:
    >
    >

Yes! I want them without use cheats. Doesn't make any sence to have this objects as debug.
  • Bguy15Bguy15 Posts: 1 New Member
    Mermaids. Please I beg for mermaids!