Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    hm. Okay so first they need to improve their graphics. I'm more-so talking about clothes, the main reason why people make/download cc is because the clothes aren't that good. Some of them look, sorry to say, but really ugly. Maybe when you 'decide' to make the sims 5, the graphics will improve massively, but electronic arts, I'm not impressed with your work as I've seen you make way better graphics in different games.

Also, we need more expansion packs, and listen to the fans. Fans will enjoy what they've asked for, therefore, will have more population. We've been asking for university, a farm expansion pack and it's like that you never listen to our requests. It's what we want.

I've got some more, but I don't want this post to be too negative towards the developers.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Speaking of lot traits, the fixed traits in the apartments have got to go. Let us decide which apartments we want to be rat infested or have noisy neighbors.

Okay, I'm done complaining. For now anyway. Maybe. My grouchiness from being overworked these past few weeks seems to be going away, but it has helped me get a lot off my chest. :p:p:p:p
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    XXFL wrote: »
    Hello! I've been a proud Sims player for about 8 years now. I just got the Sims 4 digital download because it was $13 and I didn't want to spend $40 on a disc. Sad to say I'm glad I didn't purchase the disc. This game is literally the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 mixed together into a mobile game. Some features are awesome! Like Create a Sim is genius but there's so many things missing. What happened to having that freedom of design? With the color wheel and patterns?..Or building a house, such a cool tool. Then on the other hand I can't have a vehicle?.. Traveling is so weird to me I honestly don't understand how it works. When I get to this random lot I see buildings but I can't even walk to them. How do I get to city hall or the library? It's very nerve racking. The "World" map is pretty bad definitely reminds me of some mobile game. I'm just so frustrated with this cause I expected more not less but, more Idk if that makes since to anyone. There's more and less in this game. It kinda **** truthfully but what can I do, right? If anyone has any tips for me please write back! thanks! :)

Traveling is awesome in this game because all worlds are connected. I hit "m" to fast travel to map screen. You can choose which world to jump to on top left with the world symbol. All the worlds are interconnected and you can bounce between worlds very quickly in this game.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Burtonkc08 wrote: »
    We really need the lock option for makeup to return.

YES! We also need to be able to lock hairstyles! It drives me batty that this still isn't a feature.
  • Options
    TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    I think it's a bit more about a critic than what I don't like but here it is : (Beware : It's going to be long !)

Current State of the Game :
    1. Pets should be able to be given a drink, the same way they are given foods. Not just cats, Or asking them to drink what 'they come out with'. Or puddles. It's unhealthy and everybody knows it. I know that pets normally did this but we're talking about penthouse pets here, not some helpless strays.

2. Sims should have a bit more manners when staying in someone else's place. When you're drinking/eating something without the owners's knowledge, at the very least place the glasses or plates on a dining table if you don't want to use the auto-really-matic dish washer, or somewhere it's common to place an eating utensils. Not in some deep dark corner of my library. Or in front of the public computer. Or in toilets.

3. I gave you a bar, I let you rob my wallet, I gave you drinking fountains, I gave you sparkling shiny water in a wine glass, and you still loves that sink water ? Very ungrateful.

4. I should be able to turn off my phone and let it charge everyday. Because when 100 people is asking me to a dinner every week and asks me oh-so-politely to pay the bills is so cruel. Well at least asks me personally. Not through text messages please.

5. Businesses (mainly Dine Out Restaurant) :
    a. Restaurants are a bit unrealistic. My earning from Royalties alone already topped 10 times the amount of net profits from restaurant business(es), and I only need what, 5k at most to buy an easel that multiples that amount by another 10, while I have to spend 150k on a fully decorated (sensible) 5-star Restaurant with an all-star chefs that can't even cook right. What's making it worse ? You cannot actually become a head chef. In reality, Restaurant owners sometimes help with the cooking, especially if it's an important guest. But in this one case, you can't.

b. IRL businesses will almost always have a higher return profits once it's stabilized, and actually have more zeroes on it. I meant, my restaurant only earns 2k-4k profits with 8 opening hours ? I can make more than that doing only fishing :/ considering each Sturgeon averages around 1k give or take. Maybe the net profits should be 2k, but the all around profit should be somewhere around the 10k margin. I know an omelette that costs $13 is already cruel but... you'd understand.

c. Same with vet clinic. It's cool, but then all the (patient) pets suddenly got sick when I open my clinic. If I didn't treat them, they're going to be sick their entire life (unless they came to my clinic again or I came to the public clinic and they spawned). And if you bring your dirty pet to have their health examined in a clinic, chances are you don't even actually care about them didn't you ? No wonder they got sick.

*Also I've seen some strays got adopted and then becomes stray again in less than a week. (either that they just got the same name or my eyes is playing tricks on me).

d. You should be able to increase an employee's satisfaction if you invite them over dinner, party, or even dinner party. Become friends with them, engaging them outside of the work schedule, etc.

6. Get Together Clubs :
    a. Members should be a bit more 'club-y' than it is right now. Say, if I asked them they always said something like "[sim name] is the reason why I join [club name]". But if I end the hangout, they just left like nothing happened. There should be some club-y feels to it (a bit of hugging ?), like the movie hangout thing makes it a bit better (if you talk during a movie, others will shhh you, something like that) but it could be improved more in my opinion.

b. Clubs where I'm the member (not leader) rarely did hangouts. And when they do, almost always when I'm just about to do something important, like they admitted me and wanted to kick me with a passion.

c. When we visits someone else's clubs gathering and they gather there, they should also try asking people to join their ranks. Are they afraid enough to just invite over text messages ? How did they find my contact info anyway ? (If this is in the game, then during all my playthroughs I've never encountered it. Not even once.)

7. City Living
    a. Randomized visits should be a bit more random, because they always visits me like when I'm about to go to work or something (like above) and sometimes the same sim who I've given the key to, still knocks on the door and waited like they've burned down the keys on the surface of the sun.

b. I know that most people want to enter someone else's penthouse but when you said "Is there anyone who needs a workout because I'm here to pump *clap* you up" and then all you do is drink every time you came is, a bit too much. And it's not like you're the only Gym Trainer in the entire universe either. So stop drinking on my place every week. There is a bar in the world. I even build it myself. But instead you chose my home, and I'll freeze *clap* you up. Every. Single. Time.

c. Pets should be able to be taught how to pee inside an apartment. I know they can't even touch their tails, let alone pressing elevator buttons. But if you know that I'm currently at work, then you should instead just let it go rather than holding it and cry like it's a once in a lifetime treasure.

d. People who loves their coffees should at least learnt not to place their cups on the public sidewalks. Especially when it's THE Uptown. Or I should politely asks you to eat pufferfish nigiri, if you're interested ? Don't worry, it's on me.

8. Outdoor Retreat
    a. You know we are camping. Chances are good-shiny-clean-porcelain-toilets doesn't exist. And you should plan accordingly since toilets are quite a trek here. Oh, don't forget to come back either even if you love those benches so much. And no, I'm not going to rent a villa just for your personal needs.

b. Dogs, I know you're dirty. But you see, if you don't want to be bathed with the sea water here, I may need to collect your tears to wash you. So please, cut me some slack, yeah ?

c. Please stop coming in and out of our tents just to read a magazine.

d. Would you please do something else here? I meant, we got an entire forest to explore and all you do is sleep, cook, eat, and going to the bathroom? Now you're just wasting our money.

For (if) Upcoming Seasons EP :

What I wanted from TS4 Seasons is an actual weather system (a lot of people have wanted this since TS3 days I think), for ex. In Oasis Springs, there shouldn't be any snow, and only a bit of raining. And during the heat, sims will have to drink a lot of water, or else they got uncomfortable. Or in Brindleton Bay, There should be quite a bit of rain there, so while raining, you would expect the sea levels are increasing, less strays are roaming around the city, and if you got caught in the rain, your clothes gets wet (this one goes perfectly with laundry stuffs) and you got uncomfortable, but after a shower that changes to happy.

If the rain is long enough, expect thunderstorms, in which every junior school automatically sends all their students home (Like IRL). Also if you put electronics outside, it gets broken. Same with foods (spoiled). Your house need to have a drainage system or something like that, else it's catastrophic. Also it's a bit hard to walk on dirt surfaces. Maybe a bit of RNG moodlet ?

While snow, some people will have fun outside buildings snowman(s), throwing balls, skating on ice caps and structures like windows get frozen, etc. If say, you put a glass of water outside it could get frozen by a time period. Your clothing also affects your Sim's mood. Not like Granite Falls where you can wear a swimming suit and nothing happens (lol).

After Winter, people will have to clean their houses full of snows, or it will melt into water. A lot of water.

Also it would be sensible if there is an integration between Seasons and World Adventures, because there are places that only have one or two exclusive weather (Arctic, for example). That's good for both packs, If you do intend on releasing said packs that is.

For (if) Upcoming University EP :

Please give sims actual test the style of City Living work-from-home and the scoring system of dine-out. Also during the duration of studies, they should raise special skill through books (like vampire lore, but instead for studies, like mathematics, geophysics, etc.). Bring back the attend class system from The Sims 3, and the special classes too.

I know that since it's pretty instantaneous travel here probably dorms wouldn't even matter but please, bring that back. It's not University without dorms, and the occasional mischiefs. And Parenthood wouldn't feel as completed without Universities isn't it ._. I hope this thing comes soon, just for the sake of completing the set. Because I missed my Dean Recognition, flying colors and Laptops. Definitely Laptops.

That's it for now. Probably not 'it' though. But thanks if someone actually read this all the way to the bottom.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • Options
    AnjaSAnjaS Posts: 15 Member
    > @TheSimmerKia said:
    > I have a suggestion, something that's been bothering me since the beginning of time. What if there was the possibility to make a distinction between rooms that are "open for the public" and rooms that aren't? Let me explain.
    >
    > When I invite someone to my Sim's home, I want them to stay in the living room, or in the lobby, or in any room that is meant to be for guests. Instead, what I end up having is a reunion of 5 grown Sims in my children's room! So, what if there was a possibility to categorize the different rooms into "guest friendly" and "only household"? Guests could get into the private bedrooms if they so wished, but that would be considered bad manners, same as if they started cooking or showering in another person's house. That way, rooms won't have to be locked but guests won't enter in these rooms without the family's consent to do so. Furthermore, it would be awesome if characters like the Count Vladislaus, which is supposed to be a very snob and educated person, had a higher level of education and thus would never in the their right minds enter someone else's private chambers (or kitchen, if you decide that the kitchen is your most intimate room in the whole house).
    >
    >
    > It sure is a small suggestion, but I think it would make a big difference in my Sim's lifestyle :)
    >
    > Thanks in advance

I like this idea a lot, because it really bugs me as well. Especially if I have Sims over who always automatically just find the nearest computer and go play video games. For now I just block the doors to the room with the computer for everyone who isn't from the household. Your idea takes it to another level and I'd be very down for that.
  • Options
    TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    > @AnjaS said:

> I like this idea a lot, because it really bugs me as well. Especially if I have Sims over who always automatically just find the nearest computer and go play video games. For now I just block the doors to the room with the computer for everyone who isn't from the household. Your idea takes it to another level and I'd be very down for that.

This is actually on the game. They just need to reverse the way the game classify how when players visit someone's lot, into our own playable lot and it's golden. Still love to be implemented though.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • Options
    bratmobile138bratmobile138 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am enjoying the game but there are some things:

1. Dislike that separating a household means that only one group gets all of the stuff. Would be nice to have a "suitcase" or uhaul of some sort to pack away personal items (especially those that are earned) as well as some cash to send off with the next generation.
    2. Dislike that writer sims do not have copies of their own books
    3. Miss being able to build an attic bedroom. Also makes it difficult to recreate many houses.
    4. I am still figuring out how playing the different households works. I like it but I'd prefer it if my non-active sims were being somewhat productive in their own time even if they're not aging up.
    5. Miss Mausoleum. Dislike that family dying on a different lots are inaccessible.
    6. Daycare not that great - i know it's not actually that great anyway but I had a toddler taken shortly after returning from daycare before I could get them taken care of. Toddler controls are a bit clunky when any kind of stairs are involved and it stinks because there is no way to get the kid back or aging somewhere else as an NPC.
    7. Trying to set up a multifamily home in the base game is kind of crazy. I would almost rather not have the lock features because they’re extra glitchy. I think these would be better if we could use the “form group” on main doors. Once I get the doors set up they stop working and my sims get stuck inside.
    8. Hiring out in social events is still broken but I’m sure you know that.
    9. Leftovers works for me but they go bad pretty quickly, even with a reasonably good and also upgraded fridge.

I do enjoy the game! #1 is my biggest hangup honestly. I'm peeved at the moment about #2 but I can have him re-write everything and keep that copy if i need to.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    I wish the sims 4 had more diversity regarding nationalities. Like fictional worlds with fictional nationalities. For example, if a sim has a certain nationalty, they recieve quirks associated with their world of origin! Like in the sims 3 world adventures for example, the people living in that world sold relics from the world and could teach your sims about songs from there. But in the sims 4 it should be a bit more expanded than sims 3. Like special dishes only they have, ways of eating, holidays, clothes, instruments, decoration, etc. In create a sims you can give them the nationality seprerate from traits, like with walk style. And clothes have a select button for clothes related to nationalities.
    This could come along with a vacation expansion or something like world adventures. When more destinations come along, more nationalities come as well. When the sims visit their 'home world' they get a moodlet.

The game is going in a good direction, but it could be expanded even more, like skin colors!
  • Options
    DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    Still waiting for the "builders pack" to come out so I can place down some official spirals yo ;)
  • Options
    hetaahetaa Posts: 1 New Member
    okay but what if they made the loading screens look like your sim sitting in a car or train or something? like maybe traveling between lots it would be your sim driving a car an traveling between towns they'd sit in a train. And they would have like minimum animation ex.g.laughing or reading a book? I mean i guess the loading screens aren't that big of a deal but it would be kinda cool
  • Options
    Adelissa33Adelissa33 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just wish the kids had more hairstyles and clothing options without having to download mods. I think they were neglected some compared to the wide range adults have. All of the girl dresses look like summer wear. Be nice to include cold weather options. Also more hair colors would be nice. The roof building is very hard for me, wish there were some shortcuts for the artsy challenged people.
  • Options
    Mich1996Mich1996 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone,

First of all I want to say that I love the sims 4. But I have also suggestions what I think would be awesome.
    Because in the sims 4 there are no seasons yet, I have the suggestions that there could be added een beach holiday game pack (summer) and a winter holiday game pack (winter). I have not named autumn because I think that de game pack outdoor retreat comes close to autumn. And I have not mentioned spring because I think that the base game looks like spring all the time. I hope that the sims 4 producers are going to do something with that. Further more I'm sorry if my English is not so great. I tried my best.

Greetings,

Mich1996
  • Options
    SquallSquall Posts: 2 New Member
    Plenty of fantastic ideas already that I wanna see in the game. But I'm gonna have to put my vote into

MORE LOTS SPACES PLEASE. If we cannot create our own worlds please make bigger towns or add onto the current ones.
    Having to choose what stores or venues to have and what to leave out sucks.
  • Options
    xspaceandstuffxxspaceandstuffx Posts: 1 New Member
    Cool ideas that everyone has, but my one is more pointing to real life and I’d think it’s really cool, and make everyone feel unique and special, even in the Sims 4.

Basically, I believe the expansion pack should be more pointed at physical disabilities. Blindness, deafness, amputees, etc. There will be unique stuff to help those, like crutches, wheelchairs, walking cane, hearing aids, prosthetic legs/arms, anything.
    The prosthetics can be designed, and of course since this is the Sims world, you can reverse or make them blind with a cost of disadvantages.
    I’m not sure you’ll do serious ideas like this for expansion packs, but I think it’ll be cool to make those who are deaf, or are amputees feel more special in making themselves feel unique in the game.
  • Options
    Dinosaur_GuyDinosaur_Guy Posts: 9 New Member
    > @hetaa said:
    > okay but what if they made the loading screens look like your sim sitting in a car or train or something? like maybe traveling between lots it would be your sim driving a car an traveling between towns they'd sit in a train. And they would have like minimum animation ex.g.laughing or reading a book? I mean i guess the loading screens aren't that big of a deal but it would be kinda cool

I would like that too! :D
  • Options
    > @Adelissa33 said:
    > I just wish the kids had more hairstyles and clothing options without having to download mods. I think they were neglected some compared to the wide range adults have. All of the girl dresses look like summer wear. Be nice to include cold weather options. Also more hair colors would be nice. The roof building is very hard for me, wish there were some shortcuts for the artsy challenged people.

Here's a way :) just type in Carl's Sims 4 guide on building roofs then you'll see ways :D enjoy!
  • Options
    > @xspaceandstuffx said:
    > Cool ideas that everyone has, but my one is more pointing to real life and I’d think it’s really cool, and make everyone feel unique and special, even in the Sims 4.
    >
    > Basically, I believe the expansion pack should be more pointed at physical disabilities. Blindness, deafness, amputees, etc. There will be unique stuff to help those, like crutches, wheelchairs, walking cane, hearing aids, prosthetic legs/arms, anything.
    > The prosthetics can be designed, and of course since this is the Sims world, you can reverse or make them blind with a cost of disadvantages.
    > I’m not sure you’ll do serious ideas like this for expansion packs, but I think it’ll be cool to make those who are deaf, or are amputees feel more special in making themselves feel unique in the game.

Interesting, I'm deaf and I agree it would be cool, there can be like "Simish Sign Language" lol
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sadly, I have no more feedback to give. Without an overhaul on how these sims become uniquely playable identities, there is nothing that can be done to make it more fun, or re-playable.

Every sim is the same. Every lot function and coding is the same. It's restrictive, repetitive, and boring to load up Sims 4.

• Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Sadly, I have no more feedback to give. Without an overhaul on how these sims become uniquely playable identities, there is nothing that can be done to make it more fun, or re-playable.

Every sim is the same. Every lot function and coding is the same. It's restrictive, repetitive, and boring to load up Sims 4.

I am not sure what kind of game you are playing or what EP's GP's etc you have in your game but to be honest I don't know how you can say the game is boring? No Sim is the same unless you have multiples of the same.

I have found so many new things with additions EP's and GP's and I am finding it fun to play. The game is what you make it!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I am not sure what kind of game you are playing or what EP's GP's etc you have in your game but to be honest I don't know how you can say the game is boring? No Sim is the same unless you have multiples of the same.

I have found so many new things with additions EP's and GP's and I am finding it fun to play. The game is what you make it!

I have everything right up to, and including, Cats&Dogs.

Every sim acts the same no matter which traits you give them. There is nothing unique about them or how they play out. There is little game play involved aside from the tedium of every day life. Eat, drink, go to work, go to a bar. Go to a park. But nothing ever happens at those places because they are all coded to APPEAR busy, but in reality, there's nothing going on.

All you see is sims coded to either be stomping and angry and kicking over cans, or moping and sad.

How is it fun??
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    Four years has passed since the initial release of Sims 4. Personally I felt it has a lot of potential to be a great game during its initial release, possibly better than Sims 3. It has one of the best graphics but sadly, the game play is just way too bland. I put my hopes for the first 2 years into the game, praying that it will be better.

Four year into the game, we only have 4 miserable expansion packs plus loads of stuff packs which have no value added contents. The expansion packs and game packs were mostly at "meh" tier. At its current situation, Sims 4 is stuffed with loads of unnecessary in-game items with very low amount of new contents compared to its predecessors.

Unlike Sims 3, it has 11 expansion packs by four years after its release and it was so flavorful with multiple contents.

Now, Sims 4 is just not fun and I don't think it will get any better. However, i'll still play the game on and off but in regards to the packs, i'd only purchase them if there is cheap sale. The original price of the packs are not worth the money given.
  • Options
    ShawnboyShawnboy Posts: 2 New Member
    Laundry Day? Gag me. People play this game to immerse in a semi-realistic digital environment that doesn't have the "icks" of real life in it, not to keep up chores like LAUNDRY. Laundry was my least favorite part of TS3. When will our sims be getting magic? Gonna make us wait till the very end? Give us a quota board, somehow connect it to spirits that have faded. Do something new.
  • Options
    ShawnboyShawnboy Posts: 2 New Member
    *Quija
  • Options
    TheMotherConfessorTheMotherConfessor Posts: 10 New Member
    So after life got in the way and I hadn't played in a while, here's some feedback on some of the new stuff since I last played:

Laundry Day Feedback:
    I've just purchased the Laundry pack and my butler wont do any laundry and just leaves it all over the floor everywhere, which kind of defeats the point of having live in help, why on earth won't the butler do the laundry?! It seems mad!

Butler Feedback:
    Butlers need to be improved; my butler is very lazy, I can't edit their skills or mastered aspirations (To have the food buff where it won't spoil for example) without removing them from the unplayed section and thus removing them from the butler job and losing them altogether - I've lost 3 butlers trying this and now there's only one left I can hire lol. Also, they don't clean/do enough and spend far too much time "dusting" nothing, reading or wandering around and my sims house is a mess all the time with only 2 adults and a newborn. The butler is a bit of a let down for me. Don't get me wrong, it's useful and affordable for the wealthier sims, but I still think it could be improved a lot. She barely sleeps despite having her own bed and slouches around the house a lot of the time tired, and I can't give her aspiration boosts like I can with played sims. I've edited her traits in CAS to be the "perfect" butler but it hasn't made her much better. Sigh. I was REALLY looking forward to butlers. It would be really great if we could edit their skills and their aspirations for those of us that want to craft the perfect live in help. I love that I can now have live in help without making a "butler" sim as part of my household which was always annoying.

City Living:
    A larger range of higher priced rooftop apartments and penthouses would be nice. I love the rooftop one, but I'm not a huge fan of the greyed out style bits in the normal apartments so it really limits where I can live, but I LOVE the city living experience and the hustle and bustle. I think it was a good choice making the city how they did, but I think they could improve it by making more of the buildings available to live in, or a second city. It seems a very small map compared to the other new cities/towns you get with other add-ons. I also think there should be a larger variety of market stalls, the fashion quarter in particular is very quiet which is where my sims live, and I also think the festivals should have a larger variety. They soon become overdone and boring. They could have really gone to town with the festivals and made 10-20 to cycle through and I can't imagine it would have taken that much extra work to do so, just a few redecorations of objects and different objectives.

Overall Feedback:
    I have played the Sims 4 on and off from the beginning and I think the game has come a long way since then, and we've had some really cool packs, some gimmicky ones - Get to work and Retail for example - I was so excited for both of those but I soon got bored of them and now I don't use either. We've also had some rather disappointing add-ons in my opinion - mostly the stuff packs - you don't get enough stuff for the price but the completionist in me keeps me buying them so that I have everything I can in the game. I like that I could purchase the Vampire pack and not have them swarming around everywhere - that was a concern of mine when I purchased it, but thankfully, they don't appear everywhere and bite everyone and take over the game. I like that, as I don't want all of my families to end up as vampires and I really wanted some of the objects it came with it so that swayed me despite my fears. I don't like that the vampire interactions show up on my sims that aren't vampires, that seems odd.

I think the devs are doing a good job brining this game up to speed compared to the old ones, but it's been at a very high price for the consumer and it's taken a long time to get this far when really, a lot of the stuff should have been included with the base game as we had it in 3. It's a little annoying when you had everything in 3, and then move to 4 and have to wait years to get stuff you loved playing with. I get that they want to get more money out of us and that's why they don't include the old favourites in the base game, but a small part of me feels like I'm being ripped off there as we should have already had the content and the new stuff should actually be new stuff, not rehashes of old games.

I think we are getting far too many packs that don't have enough content in compared to the old games. It's a little disappointing when you wait so long for a new add on to come out and then it's just basically a few objects and a few windows etc, I really think that they could up their game there. I feel bad for the people that have to really carefully consider each purchase, as it's really a high price for the amount of new objects that you get, and the chances that everyone wants every single item in each stuff pack is slim which I imagine stops a lot of people from buying every add on available, for example, in my case, even though I buy them to support the game, I usually end up only using a couple of items from each pack. The only exception to that for me really has been the toddler pack, that was very content rich considering the parenting upgrade, although I did feel as if that should have been included in the parenting pack which brings us back to packs not being content rich. It would have made a lot more sense if the Toddler pack came with the Parenting one as one bundle, as they are interlinked. If more stuff was included with the packs, people who can't just buy whatever they want without worrying about money would be a lot more likely to buy them and they could make more money and possibly get a bigger team to work on bigger and better expansions - that's one of the reasons people give for pirating the sims - the high price for a small amount of content. I don't agree with pirating, I like to support the games that I love and I buy every pack no matter what it is, even if I don't want it, and I try to support the game as much as I can as I want to see it continue to thrive in the future, but I think the devs are getting a little too DLC stingy and complacent that the consumers will buy 20 new objects for £9.99/$9.99, and yes, you read that right. In the UK, despite the difference in currency, we are charged £9.99 still which means that we pay even more for our packs than you ladies and gentlemen over the pond.

Otherwise, I am loving the sims again at last. The range of extras now has brought 4 somewhere close to where 3 was and I'm looking forward to the new content that keeps coming our way.

Sorry for the long post, it's been a while since I've been around and I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions on how the game is developing. I've literally grown up with the sims and I think it's nice that you can give your feedback, and maybe have your voice heard.