Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanzenberg - Beta Uploaded to Exchange

Comments

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited July 2014
    Some testing pics:

screenshot_original.jpg

Herrenchiemsee after a rainy night

screenshot_original.jpg

Improved street lighting

screenshot_original.jpg

Street corner

screenshot_original.jpg

Jamming in a Discotheque.
  • Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love to see that Monte Vista content there. Maybe you could make a "basic" version then add the Monte Vista content to the "final" or "deluxe" version.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited July 2014
    Looks beautiful Zach! would love to see more pictures with snow though. :D:D:D Am completely flabbergasted at the amount of work it takes to make a world, and keep wondering how many people EA had working on each one.

and er Writin' Reg, please tell your hubby that I said he was a big meanie, making you go so long without your sims! Knowing how much you love this game, I am *pouting* on your behalf!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Snow:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Stickykisses - LOL. Tell me about it. I would love to see my sims go for tea in their new Mill house Tea café, seeing he took my pc literally 3 hours after I downloaded that new store set and the Venue created out of it by the SimsGuru.

Sighs - on top of it all we are on "back order" for the two SS harddrives we ordered and paid for Wednesday. So far only the new Asus motherboard and processor is in my case. We still have the new ram to get as the new mobo takes different ram then my old Asus mobo. Then there is still deciding about a video card as well - as the one I want Pete says is out of the question.

I should be pretty much near stark raging mad by the time I see my pc again at this rate. I already want to fling this laptop across the room everytime I hear the music from Farmville 2 and it's only been a couple weeks - I think. I lost count. It feels like months.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    edited August 2014
    OMG I love this world! I recently went on a vacation in Germany and this world reminds me so much of Füssen and Schwangau. I can't wait to play this! One thing I noticed in that area is the walking trails all over the place and the firewood. Tons of firewood stacked against house, in barns/sheds, on lots for sale, etc.
  • Options
    samuliinisamuliini Posts: 55 Member
    edited August 2014
    Is there any tombs?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hey Zooey! I'm glad you like it! The firewood idea is excellent. I'll add it into the rural areas as eye candy.

Samuliini-right now there aren't any tombs, but there is a possibility for one in the future.

Right now I'm not building much just because I'm exhausted from making houses. I did update the roads and I'm thoroughly happy with the results.
  • Options
    RLP4444wildblueRLP4444wildblue Posts: 28 Member
    Do you have the new venue ? , the gothic pieces would fit nicely . I f you don't have it and would like it to use in this new world , I would be glad to gift it to you . I am looking forward to downloading and playing this world .
  • Options
    eufleufl Posts: 64 Member
    Hey Zach,
    today a link leaded me into the official forums. And if I was here once, I thought I should look, what people here do with worlds. Then I saw the name Tanzenberg, and had to see. And I again only can say, that I really like it. Your town looks amazing and I can identify some typical architectural details, you will find in Bavaria, and some of the houses in the village remind me to "Franken" the northern part of this country.
    To build some "dummies" or "hollows" first is exactly the same I always do. Funny, cause the most seem to work the other way round, building lots and then looking, where to place them.
    I definately love your landscapes, especially views into pure nature are outstanding. But I have to admit, I have the "loves nature" trait by myself...
    And never try to measure your work by looking to download numbers. They don´t tell anything. You do some wonderful stuff here, so keep the good work on!
    Greetings, carlfatal
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting so much from the Venice set, but that is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'd definitely be interested in adding some of that stuff to the world. I really wish that I had those arches when I was building Al Medina, but oh well.

If you'd gift that set to me, that'd be absolutely amazing! Especially since I just spent 600 on college books today, haha.

Thank you for checking up carlfatal! I followed your advice on updating the streets and now I'm really happy with them. I'll get a post with pictures up soon. Luckily, Germans drive on the right (and proper) side of the street!
  • Options
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    You can see in my last post that I've added signage and also I've changed the roads. The highways have narrower "candy-striping" on the sides due to legitimate criticism that the colors were too bold. Also, I've changed the road paint to an all-white theme, as there is no yellow paint on German streets. Lastly, you can see that there is red concrete in the center of the street thanks to MTS.
  • Options
    Nilxis27Nilxis27 Posts: 20 Member
    Looking great Zach! I love what you've done with the roads :)
  • Options
    It's so beautiful! The details are wonderful!
  • Options
    Hello Zach, you should now have the new Venice Venue to use in your new world. Please let me know if you have gotten it and that it went to whom it was supposed to, I have never gifted anyone without it on their wishlist before . And as I said earlier , thank you for making such a beautiful world and sharing it with us .
  • Options
    WOW!!! Thank you so much for gifting me this beautiful set! I definitely got it. I've been having builder's exhaustion recently but this has really re-energized me to build tonight.

Again, thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    You are most welcome, like I said thank you for the beautiful world you are building .I have been looking for one based in Germany and I shall have a wonderful place for my sims to move and live . Thanks again .
  • Options
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I thought I took a picture of the inside of the Frauenkirche but I guess not. I also tried to add the beautiful big window to the facade of the cathedral, but unfortunately the window needs six wall spaces so it'd look off-center. Oh well! I can still add it to the Opera house which has yet to be built.
  • Options
    It looks fantastic!!!!
  • Options
    Absolutely beautiful , I am glad you like the new venue . Thanks again for your wonderful builds and world .
  • Options
    BlizzardianBlizzardian Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2014
    It looks great. :) Will you create an area looking somewhat similar to Berchtesgaden in the mountain area? Would give a nice touch as well. When I was a small girl, my grandparents took me to vacation there. Beautiful area and oh so Bavarian. :)
    Post edited by Blizzardian on
  • Options
    Blizzardian, I'd definitely like to add Berchtesgaden but the problem is that it'd be too big of a commitment. It's too bad because a view of the Watzmann mountain would be amazing and deserving of its own world.

However I do think that I can emulate this lakeside area from Berchtesgaden in the form of a port.

summer-in-berchtesgaden-mountain-dreams.jpg

Right now I'm still working on houses, though.

I can put out another beta soon. Before I do that, there's a few more things that I'd like to finish.

Would anybody be interested in helping me build inside the shells that I've created?
  • Options
    BlizzardianBlizzardian Posts: 106 Member
    I think that would be really pretty. Maybe some vacation homes in the mountains as well.
  • Options
    Or lots for vacation homes... do leave a few build-able lots. Is there a festival lot?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top