Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanzenberg - Beta Uploaded to Exchange

Comments

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited July 2014
    That's wonderful to hear! Hopefully it'll all still run well when I have all the lots finished. I was worried about those ranch weeds.

This'll be a pretty good world for horses I think, since it's really expansive. I'm wondering how horses are gonna work with the terrain in the forest trail area. At least if they get stuck it's in a nice place there :)

In the spring with the ruins there's been a unicorn getting stuck. Have you had that?
  • Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2014
    I haven't had a chance to move in a sim to play but I had a look around all of the lots and they are beautifully done!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you!

A lot of the lots are hollow but I'm pretty happy with the finished ones!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Phew! Just finished two lots today and added lighting at night. I'm tired!

I'm getting to the point where I'm running out of community lots to do, but I have tons and tons of houses to finish still.

And then over 100 custom sims!
  • Options
    ninnersninners Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just found this and I am so excited and impressed! I went to Germany in 2007 for two weeks and I am thrilled with the memories that this world brought back. I can't wait to see this available for download, as I have a legacy family that may just have to relocate when they can!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Grrr just lost two more buildings thanks to a game glitch.

Thank you ninners! I'm glad that this world is looking authentic to you!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Zach - have not got to go in game all day - I've just been on hubby's new little laptop he got a replacement from our insurance for his old one finally. But I can use this with a plug in on a car battery and it works with our Wifi - but we have had some doozy storms rolling in since this after noon - so until these stop my own pc stays off and unplugged.

Hubby refuses to let me put any sims on this to see if it would run it - looks like it would - but anyway we had what is known as a Micro-burst over near the power junction station for our whole area and have had power issues most of the night as well - but I am able to run this off a spare car battery set up hubby has here.

We have a small generator outside but we use that just to keep the refrigerator and the AC on. Even with the weather it's been in the high 90's - 103 today here. So have to keep on the AC. I can't be in temps that high - So unless something happens where they keep the power on in the next hour or two - I will be calling it a night, and get back to testing hopefully tomorrow.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Oof I'm sorry about the rough night you're having Reg!

It's been around 115 in the day here in AZ. We 're expecting to have monsoon season come in a few months.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

A Symmetrical fire station positioned halfway between the city and the town.

screenshot_original.jpg

World War II Memorial

screenshot_original.jpg

A less steep driveway to the Englischer Garten.

screenshot_original.jpg

Still-incomplete City.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

Small picture update of the area I've been working on. I can't bring myself to build houses! Gah!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi :D

It's Fabulous! :thumbup:

I was able to get the lot tag back in place by simply adding the lot to the bin (my bin was empty), deleting the old lot, and then placing the lot back from the bin. Save and close game, delete cache files (it's a habit)- Restarted the game and the lot info tag was in place. (maybe make sure any others in the bin are gone...)

j7g3eq.jpg"width=600"

The flyover at the opening of the world starts under the mountain. - just reporting. Still a beautiful world. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Rflong! What happened with the flyover was that I was importing all of the .ini files from Monte Vista and apparently that included the flyover.

I'll make sure and empty my bin. Thanks again!

A few game pics:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's so pretty! I love the Memorial! <3
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you! I try my best.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Zach - just letting you know I have not been able to get back to testing since that last update - as hubby decided he wanted to start rebuilding my pc properly with all new stuff - a component a week until Sims 4 comes out - so he has it all apart in his office. I don't expect I will be getting it back for at least 6 weeks seeing I know he is just buying a component a week. Right now all I have to use is his new work laptop and I am not allowed to install anything on this, especially Sims.

Sorry I had to drop out - but Pete was never happy at what he had to do to get me a working pc again and did not want me to have to start a new Sim series with the way my pc is.

So what I thought would be a normal rebuild of a few days without the pc is going to be this whole month and much of next month - as he is replacing just everything in the tower but my case and power supply. MY PSU is a 750 watt top of the line PSU that is only a year old anyway. So I am with no pc to finish testing. Sorry.

This is going to be a longgggg summer I think as I am one that climbs the walls after a week without my own pc - I shall be a blooming idiots I am sure after 6 or more weeks without my sims. Anyway - I do not foresee any big issues as what time I was in the town everything ran real nice, looked breathtakingly beautiful, and I saw no issues.

So I hope it all goes great and more people can help you test this - as it is an amazing world. Hugz Reggie

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh I'm sorry about that, Reg!

Well I'm happy that you're essentially going to be getting a perfect computer in the future, but I just wish that you could get to help me test more.

That's okay though! I think that I still have a little while before I go and actually publish the world. I'm sure that you'll be able to get one good test in before the final product is put out.

Plus, you've taught me a lot of things about routing issues and the like, so I think I'll be able to reduce a lot of the errors be keeping your guidelines in mind.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hey writin reg I was wondering actually, do you know if it's okay to use special characters within the lot descriptions and also the street names? I remember that you've said before about how things. Like esstsets and umlauts in the world description can cause trouble when uploading, but what about elsewhere?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I would not use special characters myself as that is machine language to computers. I know it can be a real problem when trying to save or even open a save with special characters like a period. In machine language a period means to stop. Other punctuation as well as other keys all have meanings in programming - and creates issues with the AI. But I have never seen what happens if you used them in sims names, addresses or building names. So I have no clue. It might be best not to.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you reg, although, darnit I was hoping that I would be able to use the word "Straße". Hmmm...

I remember putting a lot of street names in the French language for Al Medina, so I wonder if I ever put a single accented "e". That way, I'd know if the street naming with special characters was safe.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So it turned out that I never needed any accents in the streetnames, however luckily Xsorcier put an accented "e" in the name of the Opera House lot in Al Medina. Therefore I'm going to go ahead and assume that outside of the world description, special language characters are fine. At least until I have trouble later on.

ß's all around!!!

Here's a small update on the progress:

screenshot_original.jpg

Those rabbitholes were so obnoxious that I decided to move them around and change them. I think it looks much better this way, plus it leaves room for more empty lots outside of town.

(In case anyone was worried, I HAVE included an empty 60x60 in the world.

From that pic you may also notice that I've done some further sculpting to make sure that the coastline has less of an unnatural rounded shape.

Finally, you may notice that sculpted the little island to match the new coastline terrain. More importantly, on that Island you'll notice this:

screenshot_original.jpg

A Romantic-Era Palace commissioned by King Ludwig II of Bavaria. This miniaturized "Herrenchiemsee" will serve as a much less modern, but also much more regal alternative to the Hotel Sofitel.

(Thank you for the Chiemsee suggestion! I'm also going to add a dive spot and two ports on this coastline.)

• Options
    BlizzardianBlizzardian Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2014
    Awww, it's fantastic. :) I'm in awe, I showed your thread to a friend who is originally from Bavaria - his comment was "If Sims wasn't such a ****** girl game I'd love that world. Nürburgring is the best thing on the pics!". Oh well, he simply loves Formula 1.
  • Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited July 2014
    It really is spectacular, Zach! I love the new additions!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you both! I'm considering changing the name of the world to simply be "Bavaria" rather than Tanzenberg.

I was also thinking of using Monte Vista stuff in the world, but I don't want to shrink the pool of people that can download it, so I resisted the urge. It's too bad too, because the arch and those window boxes are wonderful.

I also feel like a cheater because technically the Nurburgring racetrack isn't in Bavaria, but in the Schwarzwald, but oh well ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top