Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanzenberg - Beta Uploaded to Exchange

Comments

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited August 2014
    There are two lots near the hospital, one of them will be left open.

Also another two 25x25 empty lots by the theatre

And two 20x20 empty lots in the city

Yes there's a festival lot
  • Options
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Nilxis27Nilxis27 Posts: 20 Member
    Lovely! The architecture in this world is exquisite :)
  • Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    It's so lovely! I sigh with happiness every time I see your screenshots!
  • Options
    RLP4444wildblueRLP4444wildblue Posts: 28 Member
    Wow, Zach . Every time I look at the new pictures I am blown away . The world and structures are so beautiful . I am hanging on the edge of my seat waiting patiently for you to finish . I will play this world more than any other .My favorite sims and simself will move there .
  • Options
    ninnersninners Posts: 221 Member
    I'll help furnish lots if you're still looking for help.
  • Options
    Absolutely ninners! I'll get you a new Beta as soon as I have time. Right now I'm starting to get a bit of college homework so I need to see how much time it'll take me before I can start to really build again. I will make sure that sometime this weekend, there'll be a Beta download for you.

Thank you so much for helping me!
  • Options
    RLP4444wildblueRLP4444wildblue Posts: 28 Member
    Would love to help also , I just have to remove my cc from my game as not to use it . Take your time , the world is absolutely beautiful . Remember college comes first . We will wait as long as it takes . We appreciate your hard work . Have a good weekend Zach .
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hey everyone! Sorry I've been absent for a week or so. With college homework and classes, I have literally been studying from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep (and there's been quite a few nights with little or no sleep).

First I have three different design courses which are prerequisites for my architecture classes. I've been spending a lot of time using a craft knife, measuring, carefully placing, gluing, etc. It's like being in a scrapbooking boot camp, haha.

Then I have my English class, which is surprisingly not much work.

I also have a History of Western Civilization class, which isn't a ton of work right now, but there are lots of essays due in the future. I really look forward to this class because it's designed to let us be critical and argue. I love arguing facts. I was the president of the Speech and Debate team in high school, after all. So far I've been able to cite Louis XIV and say the word "Episteme" when comparing our working class with the equivalent class of the middle ages. It's making me consider an architecture/history double major.

Also I have a math class, which seems to have a steady amount of work. Even that has been up to about 1.5 hrs a night though.

Pretty soon, I'll have a course done by people outside ASU which studies my brain, (and hopefully doesn't turn out to be a cult).

And on top of all this, I'm considering a trip to Ankara, Turkey for next summer, which depends on me getting a Fulbright scholarship and certification in basic Turkish at the university.

For one of my design courses, my project is to make a video of something that I am a master of, and I'm planning on doing a video of making a small landscape using create a world. In one of our galleries, there is a plan for changing part of Tempe Town Lake into how it was before humans. I noticed that there are so many similarities just between that project and CAW. For example, there's a "palette" of plants. There's also so much landscaping involved.

P.S. When I say I'm a master at CAW I don't mean to say that I'm the absolute best, which would be obnoxiously arrogant. What I mean to say is that I'm on the path to mastery, as is anyone who uses CAW. We're also supposed to show a person who has helped you learn, and I think I'm going to use you, Nilxis, if you don't mind!

• Options
    ninnersninners Posts: 221 Member
    Zach, I understand, I'm a full time student with two part time jobs. I don't have all of the store items you have, but I have a good amount. If you would prefer just giving me a couple of empty houses to furnish, I can do it that way too. Whichever is easier for you.
  • Options
    Of course I don't mind, I'm so honored and glad to know I've helped you learn. Thta project you have to do sounds very interesing. If you need anything just tell me!
    And don't worry about the world, real life comes first. I hope everything goes well :)
  • Options
    How exciting! Good luck on the Fulbright!
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Here's the link to the new Beta. Basically any hollow house is free range for you to start building in. Just tell me which one you're working on so that two people aren't doing the same house.

Tell me if it doesn't work, because I've messed around with the ini files a bit more than usual this time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByU5kIrWeU49elVjd3IzYWxtYTg/edit?usp=sharing

P.S. Thank you Nilxis!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Here's a link to the video if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ0gkLxfhNk

Sorry about me talking myself up by calling S3PE "hacking", but I would definitely like to have an A in this class. In fact, only the top 50 percent of students in Architecture are allowed to continue on to actually getting the major.

P.S.

Pardon the lack of a haircut...
  • Options
    Awesome video, and what a nice little island you created :) Too bad you could only make it last one minute, but I think it's very original compared to other videos I've seen like yours ;)

PS: Nice to meet you!
  • Options
    Nilxis27 wrote: »
    Awesome video, and what a nice little island you created :) Too bad you could only make it last one minute, but I think it's very original compared to other videos I've seen like yours ;)

PS: Nice to meet you!

Thank you! You probably already noticed, but the coral reef is based off what you had in your Maldives world. I remember you said something about "flowing shapes" so I went with it!
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Hi Zach! great work you did in this video! I could see the loose likeness with Suvadiva world as it is one of my favourites (and I mean this as a praise for your island, don´t missunderstand me please!) hope you are given the calification you deserve, Architecture is a difficult career and I wish you very much luck in your way up, my doughter is about to finish it in the next six months (she only has to do what here in Spain is called "Proyecto de Fin de Carrera = End of Career Proyect) and she is almost buried under her books and her blueprints, always fighting with materials and structures, so I can feel your pains!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    SakasiruSakasiru Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi! I just discovered your world here and as a German I have to say you captured the Bavarian feeling quite well :) I wondered what made you choose the name, since Tanzenberg is an Austrian village, not a German one.
  • Options
    DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Great built a climate of this part of Europe.I really like the architecture and monumental mountains.
  • Options
    junceda wrote: »
    Hi Zach! great work you did in this video! I could see the loose likeness with Suvadiva world as it is one of my favourites (and I mean this as a praise for your island, don´t missunderstand me please!) hope you are given the calification you deserve, Architecture is a difficult career and I wish you very much luck in your way up, my doughter is about to finish it in the next six months (she only has to do what here in Spain is called "Proyecto de Fin de Carrera = End of Career Proyect) and she is almost buried under her books and her blueprints, always fighting with materials and structures, so I can feel your pains!

Thank you! I've been so busy. I've already pulled 6 all-nighters on weekdays and on some of those days it just hasn't been enough. Now that I'm learning Uzbek (not Turkish, separate story), I have even more work. Today was nice though because I made an arabesque pattern and people kept crowding around it, taking pictures, and drooling over it. So I'm flattered!

Sakasiru wrote: »
    Hi! I just discovered your world here and as a German I have to say you captured the Bavarian feeling quite well :) I wondered what made you choose the name, since Tanzenberg is an Austrian village, not a German one.

Thank you! The reason I chose "Tanzenberg" is because it's pronounceable for most people who don't speak German. Also, it has a kind of romantic natural sound if you translate it: "Dancing mountain". From what I know, Tanzenberg isn't an Austrian village. I think it's a high school. Just a coincidence.

Dels wrote: »
    Great built a climate of this part of Europe.I really like the architecture and monumental mountains.

Thank you!

• Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I've been absent for over a month! During this past weekend, I was able to finish almost all my architecture homework early. That means that this week, I think I'll have time to get into the game and build!
  • Options
    I've been worldbuilding a little bit today. Here's some pictures:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

And the newest addition... the Opera House! It's an old building that's been retrofitted with some modern architectural styling. I made the flanking utility rooms be completely red with red-tinted windows as an exercise in color.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    Wow, the opera house is amazing!
  • Options
    Simply stunning!! Love it!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Wow! Beautiful pictures! I love the way you've incorporated the Amore architectural items: the window at the back of the performance area is stunning!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top