Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanzenberg - Beta Uploaded to Exchange

Comments

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    Thank you! I'm trying to incorporate what I'm learning in my architecture classes into the new buildings. You can't see it in the pictures, but the rooms connecting to the balcony seats in the opera house are completely red, which is something that Louis Barragan did in one of his houses as a play on color. The large window is really beautiful I think, because of its several lines of symmetry and also its size. Therefore I wanted to emphasize it by giving it a black backdrop. That's why the opera house is a mix of classical and modern. The detail and shape of the stuff from the Amore set is really wonderful, but I think that it gets much better once it is paired with some more contemporary styling.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I've been making some glacial progress towards completion of this world. I have finished a few houses recently. Here's a few nice pictures. Not of the houses, but just pleasant scenery.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    Very beautiful! Can't wait!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Gorgeous pics Zach.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member

Looking forward to this world, Zach. :)
  • Options
    I finished a restaurant/wedding venue that has room for conversion if you like to use the restaurant content from the Store. Here are some pictures:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Another new addition! I created an architectural studio today. Also I took some pictures of my test sim walking around the area:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

At long last, every lot that I wanted to be filled in has something on it.

Maybe this world would've been featured if it came out before the sims 4.

But that was in the "before-time"... (wistful sigh)

• Options
    It will be "featured" on many Sims 3 forums and blogs though!
  • Options
    Beautiful!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    I'm so glad you're all here! Thank you for your comment on my world Reg. To me, the people on this forum are kindof like a family:

WritinReg-the mother
    Tangie-the big sister
    Auntielynds-the oldest sister
    Nilxis-the supercool cousin that is the first to learn how to drive
    etc.
  • Options
    Awwww. Thank you. Of course i stop in to see how it's going. When I do return to playing some Sims 3 in the future - I will definitely be playing in this world. I love to see all the loveliness.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Hi Zach! you are doing a wonderfull work, I´ll be playing your world it´s gorgeouse
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    More pics!

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2014

It is too gorgeous for words. Once again, you have demonstrated why you are one of the best and most talented builders. I love Al Medina and Las Palomas, even unfinished, when I was building lots there, I was blown away. It's just so great and the atmosphere. I would love to live there and my Sims will too. ;)

Al Medina is sort of featured on my Sims 3 blog on the site and will be on the Blogger one too when I get down to it. I have used Al Medina for my showcase thread too. :blush:
  • Options
    Thank you Jodi! I think you might be like, Al Medina's biggest fan! I've really been wanting to have my test sim take a vacation there, but that defeats the purpose of him being a test-sim...

I think I finished my most German house today... or at least the exterior. It only costs like 16k so I'd like for it to be a house that a player can move into at the start.

Pics!

screenshot_original.jpg

The pathway to the front stairs will be placed when I import the lot into the world.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Looks really nice so far! Especially those mountains!
    I also really liked Al Medina, but at the same time found it too big. This world looks to be a good size.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Looks really nice so far! Especially those mountains!
    I also really liked Al Medina, but at the same time found it too big. This world looks to be a good size.

Thank you! Technically it's going to be the same size as Al Medina, however this one almost fully connected by road, so it might seem a bit smaller. I like to make things seem expansive.

With that said, anything that is absolutely needed for a sim in this world is going to be within a reasonable reach. However, I've made it so that there are plenty of areas to explore as well.
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Will any rabbithole rugs be required?
  • Options
    Nope! No rugs. In fact, I think that all but two of the rabbitholes are above ground.
  • Options
    Eager to see it completed though I'm still enjoying the Beta!
  • Options
    New work is amazing for sure. I do plan on going back into Sims 3 in January - so perhaps this will be done by then and I can check it out.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Hey, Zachary! Big sis Tangie here. Lol! Sorry I haven't been around much but I've had no internet since Sept. except on my iPad (and I keep going over my monthly data plan as it is!) but it looks like I should be back to semi-normal soon. :D

I just had to comment though because this world looks absolutely gorgeous and I cannot wait to be able to download and play it soon. Beautiful work as always! I love your build style and how accurately you try to reflect the culture of your theme. And your sculpting and painting is stunning as usual. Love it!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm happy that you like the sculpting because I think sculpting and painting skills are what define a worldbuilder. I really wish that we weren't going extict!

I've heard that if the Sims 4 doesn't sell well, then it may be the end of the franchise. For the future of worldbuilding, that might be better.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Oh I don't think it is as bad as some people say it is. The ones that complain the most seems to be the ones who were mad Sims 4 is not an updated version of sims 3 - and they are the same people posting over and over the same things. According to actual company reports EA was satisfied with how Sims 4 has done so far - even though the actual numbers are not listed anywhere - they are not disappointed thus far from the reports I have read. The Maxis team aren't very happy, so they are going heavy into trying to make simmers happier.

A new series is always a time of discourse and always a time when some won't like the new. Take for instance when sims 3 came out - many of us hated it. It was everything Sims 2 wasn't. Believe me - I probably would not have even tried Sims 3 if it hadn't been for my Securom problems with Sims 2 and the fact I gave away all my Sims 2. I bought Sims 3 just to play sims period as i no longer had Sims 1 or Sims 2 when Sims 3 came out. But i know tons of simmers that did not move on to Sims 3 or waited a few years to move on. Lets face facts - there is no such thing as an exciting base game. They are boring after you have done all there is to do - which is never much in a base game - after a while. I cannot speak for others, I just know for me it takes at least two eps, a stuff pack or 2, and some DLC to even think about enticing me to play a new Sims game once I reach the place where I find a base game has started boring me. I am actually surprised I am not yet bored with Sims 3 - but then we've had two big dlc patches and another one is coming next month - so it keeps me entertained.

But some people just do not do going from having everything to have zilch very well. What is funny is many of the complainers who post over and over don't even own the Sims 4 - so to me they are just complaining about the fact Sims 4 does not have sims 3 CASt and open world etc, and lots of stuff. Well that is a new series base game.

Time will tell if it is a success or not. Even Sims 3 only sold half as many base games as Sims 2 did, and I do know Sims 4 was actually not that far below Sims 3 numbers - so i wouldn't worry about it - at least not at this point. I suspect it will stay a bit lower up until either the 3rd or so ep - like Sims 3 started doing much better when the 4th ep came out.

My only complaint is the lack of toddlers. I really, really miss them. Other wise the sims 4 is - so far still fun, and in my case no bugs or glitches but 1 - the sims get their eating fork stuck in their hand often. Reset sims fixes it, It's just annoying. Not all the sims, actually just one of mine do it - but she does it over and over. Makes me wish i could hit her upside the head or something to make her stop doing that. But they did sims right this time if you ask me for the most part. I have zero routing problems - the load screens are super fast - like 10 seconds and additions of two patches has not altered this time even one second. So I cannot figure out all the bugs and glitches people keep talking about or longer load times unless they are using CC and mods. I just know it's not a problem in my own game - so all I can really speak for is my own game.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Interesting! I had no idea that the sims 3 was less successful financially than sims 2. Was this because Will Wright wasn't involved in making Sims 3?

Anyways I'm sure that even an unsuccessful Sims game is very successful compared to most other games on a PC.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top