Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanzenberg - Beta Uploaded to Exchange

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    Well Will Wright only lent his name to the Sims 2 - he was off working on Sims Online most of the time during Sims 2's production. So he did not have anything to do with actually working on Sims 2 - but he was there to bounce ideas off of and the team I guess checked with him on a lot of the base game. But he has said himself that he was never intending to have any Sims but the Original sims game - the series were all EA's idea - not his. He was pretty happy with how the game came out - but it was not his doing. He said once they finished up all the paper work and he and his partners had signed over Maxis to EA, he was an EA partner by then - the problem was transfering all of Maxis to EA's ownership. Lots of paper work, laws etc to make sure it was all right. So as long as Maxis still bore his name - any work done under Maxis had to have his name on it. The deal was sealed lock stock and barrel the minute WW was no longer listed on the EPs. But Will Wright is still a EA partner - technically - in everything WW does. Their name is on his boards for everything he does.

Actually Sims 2 is known as the best selling game of all time. Sims 3 ending up making 10 mil over all while Sims 2 made 20 mill. I am assuming that is just the base games though seeing over all I heard there was something like 225 million made out of all the sims games and I saw that while Sims 3 eps were still in production.

But the base game of Sims 2 sold like 2 million right out of the gate, while Sims 3 had 1.4 mil the first week. I just saw a chart listing for just the retail version of Sims 4 is a 1 mil as of November 8th world wide. As EA is not telling any figures on the digital sales we won't know the final sales - but just the disk version in 10 weeks is 1 mil 9 thousand at week 10. Not too shabby if you consider all the bad press and the things you see on the forums. I am sure that number will climb once Christmas comes. So I wouldn't worry. EA's main concern is get the people what they are screaming for the most if they want the eps to sell. Just because people have the base game does not mean they will buy the EPs if they are still not happy or at least happier.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hi! as Reggie says the supposed flop of TS4 is not as it could be thought reading the forums, nor the game is such an unworthy mess some people is trying to make believe, the game is funny and entertaining, the graphics are well enough though those who were expecting a great ammount of realism may be disapointed because the graphic style is cartoonish, I for me like very much this style and think it suits the sims very much as you manage them in a way where too much realism could be annoying (IMO).

There are some features I really miss, I leave alone Open World, Terrain Tools and CASt because those were not meant to be in the game design, but it is hard to understand why things as a family tree or dishwashers or some beloved NPCs as burglars or firefighters have not been implemented in the game, but I hope that with a little more time we will have all them or at least some of them.

About toddlers I can´t say if the lack of them is due to a design decision or because the devs run short of time to implement them propperly, in any case I think EA is now aware that simmers want them (at least a great majority) and I´m hopefull that they will introduce the life stage with a patch tied to a kind of Generations EP.

Other glitches or design choices (I should say because it is the case most of the times) that are not very popular are being worked by the Modders, the game is highly mods friendly designed and as every body knows I use modds immoderately (Ishould say it) so simmers can make the game to their liking and this will grow more and more as time passes, and with EPs and other stuff I see TS4 becoming another favourite in the spectrum of PC games.

For me, now that I have installed TS2 UC (after being for 5 years far from TS2) and all the TS3 stuff I have, TS4 is the perfect third point of the triangle
    Post edited by junceda on
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    I bought Sims 4 but have uninstalled it for the time being. It just doesn't grab me yet. I'd rather eagerly wait for Zach's lovely world and play Sims 3 in all its glory!
  • Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    I guess I was a weird exception because, the only sims game I had played before the sims 3 was the Sims 1 (base game only) and SimCity 3 and 4! That made me kinda grateful just to have the sims by themselves. However, I never would have played the sims 3 this long if there was no CAW.

I really consider myself a CAWer first and a simmer second. That is the only reason I will not buy the sims 4 right now.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Hey everyone! I have a question for you:

What music should be played at the buildings in the city area? Should it be a smooth and quirky indie music, or a postmodern Dark Wave sound?

I'm playing classical in the rural area.

Also, should I hide music in the nature areas? Or should I leave them quiet?
  • Changeling3Changeling3 Posts: 195 Member
    I'd go with as close to Gothic, or perhaps Renaissance as possible.
    Maybe even Bavarian folk music or Polka?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    Yes, I was going to say probably something you would be likely to hear in Germany. I would leave the nature areas quiet - so the music is just in the buildings if it was me - with the exception of maybe a festivale park area or something of the sort.

I bars though I would have something lively as those Germans are good hearty party types and love robust type music. I know German friends of my hubby are like that. But then they also like Southern Rock bands and such as well. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

True true. I wish I could get genuine Bavarian music to export with the game, but I'm stuck with the stuff that EA provides.
  • Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    It's looking fantastic! I'm looking forward to immersing myself in this world :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

I've been trying to work a little bit on the park area outside the city but I just lack the inspiration to do it right now. Maybe another day.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Zach_Bundy wrote: »
    screenshot_original.jpg

I've been trying to work a little bit on the park area outside the city but I just lack the inspiration to do it right now. Maybe another day.

That's a really nice shot! Looks like a fantasy movie/tv show still.
  • Kerim99Kerim99 Posts: 289 Member
    It looks nice. :)
  • SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    Your world looks Awesome! :)
  • JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member

Can I just say that the water in the park area outside the city looks fantastic? It's so unbelievably gorgeous. The whole atmosphere is kinda mysterious and mystical. Great work, Zach! :)
  • choyce7choyce7 Posts: 3 New Member
    I am building a world in CAW. I have layed everything out but I want to add buildings now. The "edit in game" does not work for me so I have to export the game into Sims 3. The only problem is once I do this I can't add the buildings and edit again in CAW. Is there a way to do this?
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Zach_Bundy wrote: »
    screenshot_original.jpg

I'm sure you are busy with your classes right now, but gosh, every time you post a picture I just find myself drooling. LOL

I really hope you will post an updated beta when you have the time to get back to this world; I can't wait to see the additions you've made. Hope you are enjoying your classes and doing well in school. :hugs:
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • queueingqueueing Posts: 46 Member
    This world looks so beautiful and amazing!! *^*
    5ufzfo_zps43da0054.png
    visit my blog @ tencentsims.tumblr.com !
    Hope you're still planning to work on this project when you have time. I was enjoying the Beta version today!
    You're still working on this, right?
  • RLP4444wildblueRLP4444wildblue Posts: 28 Member
    Hello Zach, I am still watching your progress and waiting patiently for this beautiful world to be finished . I am amazed at the passion you have put into this world. I play in the beta and will love to move to the finished world when it is done . Thank you again for all of your hard work .
  • MissIssy96MissIssy96 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited May 2015
    I also eagerly await completion of this world! It's strikingly beautiful and very immersive, I love playing in the beta version. Absolutely amazing job so far, I hope you can finish it some day!
    I'll second that!
  • webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    I hope this is still being worked on.
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    Since the creator hasn't been around since December, I have my doubts, but I'm really really hoping that he comes back and finishes this world! It looks so beautiful and I've been dying for a German world to play in. *sends positive thoughts towards @Zach_Bundy*
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top