Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanzenberg - Beta Uploaded to Exchange

Comments

• Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited June 2014
    Keep salting my wounds Reg. Just keep going. :lol:

Here are some pics!

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh that is real pretty Zach. Looks like we could just go run through those areas for sure.

Zach don't feel jealous - all I can do is look at all this nature through my windows now a days. I am jealous of the person I used to be. I live in one of the most beautiful spots and I'd see more if I was looking at the tv.

So it is real torture as I was a very outdoorsy kind of person - hiking, camping - all kinds of things - lots of gardening once - and now a days I feel very sad as all I can do is watch it all vanish. I was just lucky I had enough smarts to plant a good number of seasonal perenials - like roses, tea roses, rambling roses. peonies, two types of heirloom irises and several old fashioned lilac bushes - honeysuckle. So I can still smell all the lovely scents - hubby often brings me in cuttings of the different scented plants. I was one of those that could be dressed in all white shirt and knee pants and go rolling in the sweet Williams just to get them to cover me in their scent.

Now a days the beauty of it all just tortures me - it's right there and I can't go out there and enjoy it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2014
    That's so sad to hear! With that being the case the mouse being broken must be a nightmare!
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited June 2014
    This looks amazing and so very unique! I can tell this will be a very fun world to play in. The race track is brilliant and such a great contrast to the beautiful natural and historic elements.
    Good job!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    [quote=Zach_********** salting my wounds Reg. Just keep going. :lol:

Here are some pics!

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    That looks just lovely! May I ask what plant that is, the long bushy grass? I don't recognize it.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg[/quote]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The grassy stuff with flowers is heather from the base game. The lighter colored stuff is ranch weeds from Pets.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you :) May I continue to pick your brain? Is that path a sidewalk or is it terrain paint? I love it!

I am really going to have to download your world when I start "playing" again. I am so busy building right now...no end is sight.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    No problem! That's a sidewalk with a fading opacity on both sides, and using nilxis's "Old Floor" texture.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well at least I still have the pc and keyboard. It took me a while how to remember to use the keyboard for more than just writing. I did have to tell windows to activate the key pad - that was why my arrows and other stuff didn't work - I never turned them on. I now just click Number on and I have a kind of slower game pad. So it works for like silly fb games or desk top aps but sims - forget it. I really need my mouse. It will work - just everything seems harder and no scroll wheel and other stuff. Might be fine if I was just fooling around - but not testing. I need more control.

Pete did call tiger on line and has a new mouse ordered . Overnight was like 15 dollars on top of everything else - so he went two day delivery and got that free. As I said there is no UPS here anyway on Sat or Sun, but they assure me I will have it by Monday Morning. This way no gas wasted hunting for a decent mouse, as even the nearest mall is not a great place to buy electronics. It's a good 3 hour travel to a mall good for electronics. We don't even have a super walmart or target or anything like that is the nearest mall. It has things like the old Walmart. JC Pennies. Petco. A couple groceries and eateries. Gift shops and Walgreens. A sewing shop and an automotive shop. I think there is a furniture store and Sears automotive and appliance. But that sears is only a place where they have a car garage for tires and such and a catalogue ordering and pick up counter. Pete generally shops for electronics online anyway as he gets a discount as he's a licensed and certified PC technician and has an account with Tiger, New Egg, and a couple other places. Pete can even fix a broken mouse but not one with a cracked circuit board. The down side of the wireless mouse.

So will be back in business by Monday anyway unless by some miracle it gets her on the evening delivery tomorrow. That sometimes happens - depending on which warehouse Tiger is sending it from. Pete already has a tracking number - so it has left the building anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    That's okay reg! Heck I might even have a new Beta by then!
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I feel like this landscaping theme I've developed has really taken this world to a new level.
    ^^This.

It's amazing Zach, it reminds me a lot of when I went to Switzerland. You are doing a fantastic job, keep it up! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Nilxis! Compliments from you are so great because I hold you in such high esteem!

And let me thank you again for those wonderful cobblestone textures! I'm gonna go into a paint program and size one of them down a bit, so it'll fit more with the road. I'm so lazy with paint programs though so it's a "one of these days" kinda thing.
  • Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited June 2014
    You're welcome, I'm happy to see people using and modifying my textures :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I actually got to it today, and then I got the brown muck. :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

Small picture update showing resized cobblestone terrain paint.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    I actually got to it today, and then I got the brown muck. :roll:

Ugh! I hate the brown muck. It's literally like CAW 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on your world. :XD: God I hate that program.

I'm actually really glad to see what you've been doing along the river front in the munich area because I want to know what I'm dealing with in terms of background. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank goodness for auntielynds guides! It's an easy thing to fix with s3Pe, but it is ridiculous that there are so many unsolved problems not just with CAW but with the game in general. I've lost three complete and detailed lots just because the game gave me that infinite loading wheel.

I could give you a new Beta version tonight if you'd like...

Really on my end the biggest additions are with landscaping, and just a few lots. I haven't been in a lot-building mood lately, so I don't want to force it out and then end up with lazy work.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Here's a NEW BETA!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByU5kIrWeU49QzgxZTZZSm8zVFU/edit?usp=sharing

This copy will include the forest, some more detailed landscaping, a few more buildings, and most exciting of all, the lighting mods! I'll add pictures to this post once I install the beta myself.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Grr looks like the lighting mod didn't export with the world. :roll:

Next time I'll make sure to have it in.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Grr looks like the lighting mod didn't export with the world. :roll:

Next time I'll make sure to have it in.

Yeah. The process that I go through with the lighting is, save and quit CAW, use s3pe to import lighting files and save, then reopen CAW and export the files, but DO NOT open the world before you do this.

Could you show a pic of what the lighting looks like though? It'd be nice to know.

Here's a preview of what I have so far. I hope you like it because I'm in love with it! :XD:

Screenshot-174_zpsf9d08fee.jpg

I have a couple of requests. First, could you delete the intersection leading up to the big lot and just have the road end when it reaches the lot?

Could you mess with the terrain so that the road leading up to the lot isn't so steep?

Lastly, I want to build paths that connect the sections of the park. Could you make them look connected in CAW. You can choose the texture.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

That looks very much like the monopteros! Good job niac!

I'm gonna try to shallow out the terrain there, but it probably won't look drastically different. I used to live next to camelback mountain in Arizona so I'm personally used to steep driveways.

I was actually planning on turning that road into the cobblestone pattern, but I'm not sure I can delete either of the intersections... Were you planning on adding a false road inside the lot?

I can definitely do the last thing. Just plop down the blue terrain paint from Egypt and then I'll paint over it with the CAW cobblestone paint.

Tell me if there's anything else at all that I can accommodate!

I really can't wait for the chinesischer türm. And the Japanese tea house will be cool too! And the Biergarten! Finally! A functional in the sims 3! This'll be way cooler than one in Sunset Valley that's for sure.

So let's see... Ideas for park activities...

1) making fortune cookies at the chinesischer türm
    2) picnic
    3) tanning
    4 )drinking and eating out at the Biergarten
    5) maybe Ice skating in the winter?
    6) swimming in the Isar river!
    7) grilling bratwurst

Maybe I could give one of the parks the festival lot designation? For some reason the names of the festivals don't seem to carry over from CAW though...
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    WOW! beautifull world Zach, I´m going to try this beta this evening, downloading right now. Thankyou for sharing
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks junceda! Have fun and tell me how it goes!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hey Zach - mouse is finally here. Not sure when it got here as never heard the truck - but hubby found the package between the side door and the storm door when he came in from work a little after 6. So will be downloading the new version now.

I am making dinner - at the same time so should be able to get in it shortly after dinner. Can't wait. Going to check out the mouse right now - first though.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Just letting you know that so far it is going nicely. Just beautiful Zach for sure. Have not had any stuck issues or sim complaining once the game started populating the community lots. Even saw 4 horses roaming all over the place and was surprised none were complaining - as I was not sure how they would be with all the mountains and such - but if they are complaining - I am not seeing it - well other than when they get separated. Like there is one young one and the other 3 is adults and a few times the young one got itself off away from the rest of the group and then he'd complain. I just ignored him as he was obviously not stuck even though he did throw up the warning he was - I just waited and he had no problem finally getting himself out of that area and finding his mom. I never put a lot of weight in the baby animals throwing route issues as they do it anytime they can't see mom.

Have not checked out the community lots with my sims yet - just tried to check to make sure workers were in place and I think they all are. So tomorrow when I come in here I will start hitting all the community lots - as I should have sufficient sims in here to check them out well.

I know everything looked lovely in the pictures - but they don't do this world the justice it deserves as it is just gorgeous in game - every direction I look I see some lovely sights for sure.

Several houses I really want to check out - but did not want to stop the flow of sims moving in - so hopefully I can check those out as well.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top