Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tanzenberg - Beta Uploaded to Exchange

Comments

• Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you! I'll try and leave space although with my building style it's a bit difficult. Some of these lots might just be on the empty areas around the racetrack. I'll try and leave one or two on the outskirts of Munich.

Right now I'm starting to arrive at the decision of dropping the Bauhaus district idea. Not fully sure yet, but I'm having trouble deciding where it'll go, and how it'll blend in. Maybe with a forest surrounding?

Here's pictures of Bauhaus style:http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauhaus

Ps: it just came to me! On a helix shaped mountain ridge descending into a small stony inlet from the lake.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach I might be wrong but I'd be guessing this world will be far more popular than Al Medina because I don't think simmers have stopped asking for a Alpine type worlds since sims one Vacation world that barely touched being Alpine (IT HAD AN aLPINE lODGE IF I RECALL CORRECTLY)came out and seems to be highly requested. Of course it was very requested to the store world - along with snow skiing and such - but as we know never manifested so I would see it as being a far more popular place - never mind the fact it is Germany. By and large German seems to have a much higher favorability over the Middle East. Besides German combines everything beautiful from old Europe, to Alpine, to Bavarian Forrest - I mean for heaven sake chocolate and beer alone make German inspiring - and boy can those people party. I swear Christmas lives in Munich, as well as fairy tales and their watch works are amazing. The greatest invention we still use to day even many come from Germany. I mean it is Germany versus people still living in a dessert like it was the dark ages. Germany has everything- and my Goodness everything there is a work of art - from even the food they serve you in restaurants - to churches and museums - and history, way before the so called "bad period" Germany has an amazing history. Toy makers - are amazing from Germany - artists - clothiers - just so many things. A very positive country. Everyone that went to Germany during Gamescom could not say enough wonderful things about it and it's people.

My hubby spent 3 years stationed at the American military base in German and to this day has wonderful stories he tells, and so many pictures it was amazing. He used to spend leave times just bicycling all over the country so he has some wonderful late 70's pictures of Germany and all the wonderful people and places there.

The only way I can't see it doing super is if everybody moves over to Sims 4 before you get it done - if it takes that long. I know I am moving over to Sims 4, but I am sure I will still play Sims 3 for a while anyway as well and I am definitely downloading this - no doubt about it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Yeah I won't worry about it too much. I'll just focus on making the best world I can :)

Did you say you wanted to help out on this world, niac? I didn't notice your post on the thread until last night actually.

Right now I'm filling in the Munich area with empty row houses which I'll fill in later. Also I'm making a mashup of the Englischer garten.

I could send you a link to the world in a day or two. Then you could help me on some of that.

I could REALLY use help on recoloring a few items as well

Recoloring items? What do you mean by that?

I mean as far as going into S3PE and creating a color override for certain uncustomizable objects like rabbitholes.

Oh, I definitely could not help you out there. :XD: Sorry.
    edited June 2014
    I have an update:

screenshot_original.jpg

WritinReg's last comment inspired me to add some more "Alpinyness" to the world, and so I've made a little detour area on the highway which features the hospital from MH. It'll be flanked by a few log cabins. I'm really excited to see what this looks like in winter!

screenshot_original.jpg

I connected the track between Munich and the Village. Some people might wonder why I like making the roads so long. The reason is that cars go way to fast in this game for one to enjoy scenery.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

I've done some more work on the hollow buildings in Munich, which has been absolutely EXHAUSTING to be frank. Right now I'm taking a break in a nice cold room and listening to Debussy.
  • 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited June 2014
    A well deserved break! It's exquisite!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    I second that! Gorgeous.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2014
    Omg! I'm loving this world so much!!! :D Keep up the great work.

p.s. as I'm typing this, I'm listening to La fille avec cheveux de lin!
    edited June 2014
    Thanks all!

More pictures I forgot to add:

screenshot_original.jpg

My Sim sleeping in the sauna

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

This is old news, but I've put a river beach and the Englischer Garten across the river in the Munich area.

*Side note* The real life Englischer garten and Isar River beaches are rampant with nudists. I know a lot of people use a mod to get rid of blurring... and add other "things" as well. I won't do it myself, but IF YOU WANT THIS WORLD TO BE REALLY AUTHENTIC... go for it. I won't judge.

As for the Englischer garten, I might delete this lot and make the terrain flatter in that area. The garden I have so far is really ugly and I won't settle.

screenshot_original.jpg

A picture of the Viktualienmarkt. I've added buydebug items to the shelves and put the registers under roofs so that the salesmen don't die during storms. QUESTION: Is there any way to have this market turn into a christmas market during the winter festival and then stay the same at other times of year?

edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    Thanks all!

More pictures I forgot to add:

My Sim sleeping in the sauna

This is old news, but I've put a river beach and the Englischer Garten across the river in the Munich area.

*Side note* The real life Englischer garten and Isar River beaches are rampant with nudists. I know a lot of people use a mod to get rid of blurring... and add other "things" as well. I won't do it myself, but IF YOU WANT THIS WORLD TO BE REALLY AUTHENTIC... go for it. I won't judge.

As for the Englischer garten, I might delete this lot and make the terrain flatter in that area. The garden I have so far is really ugly and I won't settle.

A picture of the Viktualienmarkt. I've added buydebug items to the shelves and put the registers under roofs so that the salesmen don't die during storms. QUESTION: Is there any way to have this market turn into a christmas market during the winter festival and then stay the same at other times of year?

If you just plop a seasonal lot marker and change it to Winter mode, any object you place will only be visible during the winter. Make sure not to pick up any of the 'ghost' objects though, as those will be made to be visible only in winter as well. It's a flawed system.
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited June 2014
    What a nice new project, Zach! :D
    Lots of great and original details as always, I'm looking forward to more updates!
  • 17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    edited June 2014
    Really impressive!
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2014
    Lovely, just lovely! And I'd be very happy with a couple of smallish lots tucked here or there (and on the outskirts is fine by me). Ninety percent of the time I start my sim out penniless on a small, empty lot. That way I am forced to scour the town for necessities, skill items, and entertainment. What a great world to set the seasons for a long winter and a brief summer. The clock would be ticking to get 4 walls and a roof up before the first snow.

Now if EA would just give us a few more outdoor clothing options, I'd be in heaven.

Looking forward to the next update!!!

Star
    edited June 2014
    Thanks everyone!

Nilxis let me thank you again for that cobblestone terrain paint that you uploaded on your site!

I spent last night finishing the market and the hotel which are both very labor intensive lots. Right now I'm play testing the hotel as I'm building it, which is unusual for me, but it gives me more ideas of things to add, such as fictional nectar racks in the VIP room, a game console, jacuzzi in the bathroom, and certain lighting effects.

In the market, I added an u-bahn station and a small car dealership. I 'll have pics up in a few hours!
    edited June 2014
    And thank you very much for the seasonal lot advice niac'
    edited June 2014
    I guess I didn't take too many pictures! Here's one of the lobby:

screenshot_original.jpg

The name of the resort is the "Hotel Grand Sofitel Munich"
    edited June 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Winter pics. I like the extravagator for this world because it looks kinda like a Mercedes SLR to me.
  • BlizzardianBlizzardian Posts: 106 Member
    edited June 2014
    It looks really great so far. :) The world already has a "Bavarian" feel - I hope to see more soon. I have lived in Munich during an internship and later in Nuremberg - but to be honest, I never felt Bavarian (nor did I ever sound Bavarian). Anyway, I'd kill for some yummy Weißwurst now.

PS: If there is enough space in the world you might consider some "Chiemsee" elements. It's a really beautiful area und you could use a lot of Island Paradise features for this one. Plus there is also a beautiful castle called Herrenchiemsee (it's a bit of a Chateau de Versailles copy):
    [google]Herrenchiemsee[/google]
    edited June 2014
    Chiemsee is very interesting! I'm just trying to think of a functional purpose for the island though, especially if I decide to take room for it. If i do make it then that's probably a lot that I'd want help on from a good builder.

I love detail in worlds so right now I'm focusing on Munich. I don't want all of the houses to feel generic.

After that I'll fit in the remaining rabbit holes and see what is left as far as room. The world will probably be like 75 percent explorable which will make it even bigger than Al Medina.
  • conoJasconoJas Posts: 41
    edited June 2014
    Looks really great!!! :D :thumbup:
    edited June 2014
    Thank you!

Here's a small update:

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

I've gotten to use my favorite natural landscaping combo in the world! I make large patches of green ranch weeds from Pets and then combine it with small amounts of heather from the base game on top. It makes the world look a bit more natural and expansive, I think.
    edited June 2014
    In other news, I have a few lots that already have shells finished, as well as some empty ones.

I was wondering if there were any really good home and venue builders that would wanna help with working on these lots.

Tell me what you're interested in and I'll see what there is!
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    In other news, I have a few lots that already have shells finished, as well as some empty ones.

I was wondering if there were any really good home and venue builders that would wanna help with working on these lots.

Tell me what you're interested in and I'll see what there is!

Aw geez. I really do want to help, but I won't be able to do anything until next week. Is that o.k.?
    edited June 2014
    That's fine! Is there anything that you had in mind that you wanted to do?
    edited June 2014
    Zach_Bundy wrote:
    That's fine! Is there anything that you had in mind that you wanted to do?

I don't know. What do you need done? I'd love to work on a park if you had an opening for that. It'd be so cool to make an authentic beer garden (regardless of the lack of beer in this game :XD: )
    edited June 2014
    I don't know. What do you need done? I'd love to work on a park if you had an opening for that. It'd be so cool to make an authentic beer garden (regardless of the lack of beer in this game )

Not only do I have room for a garden/biergarten, but I need a recreation of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englischer_Garten

It's one of the largest parks in the world and so that's why I'm splitting it into 4 different lots. I don't need an exact copy by any means, but I would like the four lots to include:

The Chinesische Turm, Japanisches Teehaus, and the Monopteros.

As for the biergarten part, it'd be cool to have a sort of party area outdoors really close to the river. Like this:

image.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top