Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'll show you Mine, if you show me Yours: An inspiration thread!

Comments

• Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh, looks like I have come updates to do tonight!

Be back in a few hours. =)

Here is something pretty to look at:

4520291495.jpg
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited February 2013
    k2, I think what you mean is that the fogemitter was being from from filed under ambitions to the basegame. That effects excisting use of the fogemitter, but you can use it in new projects.
    Thank you for the compliments on the pirate ship!! {hugs}
    Okay, k2 it is then :D I have many nicknames here on the forum, so you can call me illusie, lusi, lusie, lucy. Take your pick ;)
    I like the poses you use! Very cute.

Rattbait, your lighthouse really blends in in the landscape. Looks beautiful. I love the pond you have added!
    It is a very great idea that it used to be a lighthouse, but is converted now. Very original!
    Yes it is a pity many links/pictures on that thread don´t work anymore. That is because it is an old one.
    Aw thanks for the rec! I´m glad you like it enough to download! How exciting :D I hope you enjoy it!
    How odd that the other version won´t upload...rec´d the one that did upload!

Bryony, nice to see you here. Looking forward to see what you will add to this thread :D

Yanti, I don´t think I´ll have time soon for a lighthouse, but it will certainly stay on my to do list :D
    Aww thanks! I am glad people are so enthousiastic about the pirate bar :D Thanks! It would be fun to see how you would make a residental lighthouse!

snowplow, wow I never made such an expensive build!
    I love the inspiration pictures you posted! I wish my computer would be able to handle large projects liken that.

Evie, I think I recently saw a movie with that guy...the transporter...I never knew his name until now lol
    I bet he will be fun to make as a sim!
  • Options
    rattbaitrattbait Posts: 83 Member
    edited February 2013
    Since the furnished version of the Sparrow's Nest won't upload I made a slideshow of the interior, plus a few shots of the lot at night. Once you click the center button the slides will change every 5 seconds. Or just use the forward and back buttons to go through at your own speed.

I started from the top down, doing each room separately.
    The observatory is painted dark colors and only has the one candle for lighting. When using telescopes you don't want unnecessary light filtering in!
    The den is the place for hatching new plots of daring-do. And enjoying the nectar, of course.
    The gym is small but contains everything you would need - including a shower.
    On this floor I tucked the laundry in a corner since most of the laundry is created on this floor.
    The bedroom here just had to have the boat beds! I've been waiting for a chance to use them.
    The bathrooms are a bit difficult so the images were taken from a top angle. The sauna room can be used as a third bedroom if necessary.
    The main floor is like I said, a cross between a museum and a bordello. It seems if a pirate likes something, he puts it in his home. Frilly has nothing to do with it, the illusion of wealth does. The floor in the bedroom is done to resemble an Aubusson rug.
    The first subfloor is a recreation area. Even pirates must play, and I may make another section for a gambling room. Jack would like that. Oh, the motorcycle behind the garage is his - he asked for one.
    The second subfloor is where all the extra swag is stored until its future is decided.
    I had a great time creating this lot, and I hope you enjoy it at least a little bit as much as I do.

http://903j.net/Sims3Sparrow/index.html
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,646 Member
    edited February 2013
    Your build is really great @ rattbait :) I enjoyed watching your slideshow tour of ir. Good furnishing of it, and i too like your use of the boat beds. Great designing of the build as a whole, the different floors and rooms and exterior. Great build!
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    edited February 2013
    Hi there as I promised Snowmoon I do have a couple pics from my current WIP. It only has a couple spots left that need attention and then I can "clutter" to make it look like a real home. First though I would like to show pics of my finished Mid Century living room. I really like it A LOT!

Entrance from Kitchen
    Screenshot-13_zpsbe844e66.jpg

Screenshot-12_zps72a497ed.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpsbd152f0d.jpg

Screenshot-10_zps86d56815.jpg

Ok Now to the WIP part. The landing at the top of the stairs is giving me fits. The space is irregular and small, I don't know what to do with it...
    Screenshot-14_zpsac05c282.jpg

Any suggestions would be very welcome, thank you.

Huggles
    Amby
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    @ Amby316 Your mid century living room looks great! :) Nice choice of furnishings for it.
    With your WIP perhaps you could make the landing a mini art gallery of photos/paintings that your Sims have done ? Just a little thought that i had,but other people would have much better suggestions !
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    amby
    The living room is very nice! The color is very correct for the era, and the paneling is perfect, it was used quite often in the '50s. The TV is a bit updated though, what we had was a box on four little legs with rabbit ears. :lol: Yes, I'm that old.
    I agree with rosemow to use the landing area as an artwork showcase. You could probably work in a few small plants and statuary too with all the short walls. They wouldn't interfere with the wall hangings as long as you kept them low.

rosemow
    Thank you for the kind words. I'm still tinkering a bit with the house (does anyone ever stop?) but it's basically finished. I did add the gambling room - boy was that a mistake. Neither one of them has any luck with the cards. I can't even lock them out since the ghost goes through walls!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Sorry guys, been a busy work week. Tomorrow is my "Friday" so I'll be able to catch up later.

Amby316 >> Hi there! Very nice idea and you are doing great with the running theme. Maybe some throw rugs in the living room? I like the idea that rose offered, some black/white pics would be cool.

rattbait >> Haga, your story about the Sparrows crack me up. I love the theme of the home, through and through.

Alright, off to bed. But, maybe some inspiration:

NavTheFuel.jpg

central-perk.jpg

So many of the Sim Traits come from Friends, I think.

And I can't wait for Comic Book Stores:

art6493widea.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2013
    Great pictures Snow. I am looking forward to seeing some comic book stores once University comes out! :D:D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I too am looking forward to seeing the new creative builds that both of the new expansion packs encourage people to create! :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    k2m1took2m1too Posts: 3,128 Member
    edited February 2013
    aricarai -- Thanks! I have a number of pose packs out there aleady. Just click on my siggie to go to my blog.

Also, check out the following link-farm:

http://mysims3poses.blogspot.com/

yanti68 -- Hey lady! Good to see you here too!

rattbait -- Nice work on the lighthouse. I like the eclectic collection of stuff throughout. Seems very pirate-esque to me!

Amby316 -- Nice use of the MCM set (one of my favs!). My only suggestion would be to unify the wood tones on all the furniture. The desk and coat rack seem to stand out a little being different wood than the rest of the room. As for you landing area, I'd just make it a decorative area, maybe put some plants and other decorative items, maybe a table. If you have pets, perhaps a terrarium?

Evie -- LOVE those inspiration pics! One of these days I'll get out of my building slump and I'll scarf up some of these goodies to use! =) Hope you get a breather from work.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    snowmoon
    These guys have been more fun than I expected. Jack keeps stalking Jake and scaring the daylights out of him - several times a day! They fail at blackjack but aren't too shabby at pool.

k2m1too
    Thanks for the compliment. My pirates (ok, so they are really thieves) tend to furnish their homes with the best of the take, so nothing much is ever going to match. I just couldn't resist giving Jake the frilly bedroom, no more than I could resist the boat beds.

My newest inspiration:

I subscribe to an LiveJournal community, Abandoned Places http://abandonedplaces.livejournal.com/
    Some of the buildings they photograph are fantastic, just sitting and rotting away, all their former glory forgotten.
    A recent post has one very interesting house.

house01.jpg

house02.jpg

house03.jpg

It's small, cozy, just right for a couple, probably loved as much by it former owners as any other home you can find. It looks hand built by the staircase. I think I'll try to replicate this as best I can. Somehow it's caught my fancy and deserves to live on, at least digitally.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yanti >> *nod nod nod* And the sneak peek they gave us for Island Adventures, boy oh boy...

rosie >> They are really generous with items for builders and It makes me so happy. I plan to rebuild the entire Uni for my sims, but we'll see how much I like the premades.

K2 >> Doll, take your time. I am enjoying my game too, but just need to express myself. Also, I'm addicted to competitions, hehe. Fun way to meet folks!

Rattbait >> Renovations are so fun. That home would be interesting, small and compact. I see an older hippy couple keeping it "simple".

So, I have a project I am working on and looking for Grecian Vineyards, so this is my inspiration for the day.

vineyard-greece.jpg

Have a good night, folks! (Sorry for being slow un updating the links)

-Evie

(I posted too late, this morning, and my spelling was horrid. Sorry guys!)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I know. :mrgreen: I am so excited about Island Adventures! So looking forward to building houseboats, yachts, ships and resorts! I think this is going to be my favourite ep ever. :D

Love that vineyard inspiration pic. Looking forward to seeing your build Snow. GO for it! :D:D
  • Options
    snowplow19snowplow19 Posts: 158 Member
    edited February 2013
    Ahhhh beautiful! Love Tuscan style architecture
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I like your Grecian inspiration picture Snow!
    @ Yanti, i can only imagine what builds you will come up with for Island Paradise!! You and all builders are really going to enjoy this Expansion pack! It's exciting to look forward to seeing the creations!
  • Options
    k2m1took2m1too Posts: 3,128 Member
    edited February 2013
    Yanti -- Did you say houseboats?? Yachts?? RESORTS?? Clearly I've been under a rock lately... Can't wait for that!

Evie -- Ooh! I like that vineyard/villa. I bet you are doing that for Monte Vista (Is that the right name?).

I thought I would share a couple of things I ran across today:

Joolster's Sim-created Photography thread -- Lots of awesomeness here!

Virtual Artisan's "Decorator's Best Friend" mod/cc : Ever wished you could move/rotate/tilt/raise/lower an object while you were decorating a house? A lot of people use "One More Slot Please" to do it, though it can't tilt objects. This mod can! And (according to Misukisu the creator, they stay in place even after you remove the cc object! It's worth a lookie-lou if you are in to using mods/cc. (I realize not everyone is. I don't use it in my builds, but I do like to share cool finds.)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Rosemow - Thanks! :D *Hugs* I am looking forward to seeing everybody's houseboats and resorts too. Can't wait! :D

K2 - Oh yes! You heard that right. *Does a happy dance*! :mrgreen: Check out the live broadcast video in the first page. One of the Simgurus has shown us a small demo of the game. It is looking good. I also checked out some nice pics from the fansites. I have always wanted my sims to snorkel and discover hidden treasures under the sea/ocean. Also, it has been confirmed that mermaids are going to be there in Islands Paradise. :D

Thanks for sharing the link to Joolster's thread. I have cheked it out already. It is very helpful! The Virtual Artisan's mod almost makes me wish that I used mods in my game. :D
  • Options
    chaoskishinchaoskishin Posts: 15 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I've been working on a 'small' cottage on a 20x30 lot. It's mostly done but I'm not really sure what to do with it next. So I thought I'd share it here and see if anybody had some suggestions.

Front of house:
    ea0222f6-90ea-4660-a30c-babf1b2a108c_zps3c53e245.jpg

First floor - walls up:
    1574aa06-eb50-443d-af5e-921a721c1b48_zpsca868e0f.jpg

First floor - walls down:
    dbae8aa7-f8ea-46d8-8d95-35a70f19bde2_zps573d33ba.jpg

Second floor - walls up:
    3aea2821-1eae-4062-bb3c-06c6ae10ed55_zpsd66b627c.jpg

Second floor - walls down:
    d97d4fec-0980-4a12-8f40-d76522e78ae2_zpscb0e3603.jpg

more pictures (though they're mostly night versions of the same shots) here

I appreciate any help you can give me.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    chaoskishin >> I'll give some suggestions when I'm home a bit later, do not fear we have not replied yet. =) You have a very good base going. Just so we know what direction you want to go, which areas do you want advice on? Inside, outside, landscaping, all... hehe? Also, are you working within a budge?

-Evie
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Snowmoon wrote:
    chaoskishin >> I'll give some suggestions when I'm home a bit later, do not fear we have not replied yet. =) You have a very good base going. Just so we know what direction you want to go, which areas do you want advice on? Inside, outside, landscaping, all... hehe? Also, are you working within a budge?

-Evie

No budget. Mainly I'm wondering about landscaping, but any comments at all are welcome.

One specific: in your opinion are the half-bath and laundry room by the entrance too cramped? Would it be better to expand the bathroom and put a washer and clothes line on the deck?
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited February 2013
    Chaoskin, I like what you have so far! It looks good :) I like the open floor living that you have in that house.
    I don´t think the bathrooms are too small, but I like your idea of putting a clothes line. Maybe you could make a door leading from the laundry room to outside? Just a suggestions ;)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    illusie wrote:
    Chaoskin, I like what you have so far! It looks good :) I like the open floor living that you have in that house.
    Thanks, I think it's coming along nicely. This actually the first house I've felt comfortable sharing. I think the open plan works well, too. The kitchen/dining and living areas are distinct plus there's still room for other things.
    illusie wrote:
    Maybe you could make a door leading from the laundry room to outside? Just a suggestions ;)

That gives me an idea. I could turn the area where the back door is currently into a 'mud room' with a washer and sink and put a small stoop for the stairs down to the back yard or maybe a small deck for the clothes line.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Chaoskin - Nice start. Personally I would either change the exterior wall or the roof colour. I think they clash together. Inside, I would divide the space into seperate rooms with arches or doors. Otherwise the space looks too big and empty. I mean the downstairs area. Looking forward to see more pics. :-) Good luck.