Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'll show you Mine, if you show me Yours: An inspiration thread!

Comments

• Options
    snowplow19snowplow19 Posts: 158 Member
    edited February 2013
    KylieS,

Thank you for the comment :) The Alt key is so fantastic for getting that "built-in" look with walls and objects, I just wish it didn't take me so long to discover it haha :P
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2013
    Snowplan - Very regal dining and living room. I love all the MOO work you have done. Looks amazing! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited February 2013
    Snowplow >> Oh gosh, I didn't discover Alt until about a year ago, lol. I was like, Oh my Gosh!! This is the most amazing thing EVER!"

Yanti >> *sips tea with you...* Oh, btw, I spiked it with some "herbs". Gosh, I can't wait for Uni. I need to ore-order still, zoinks!

Gosh, I love this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is6AFxPkTAA

I got some "inspiration" for my Avi from it. Hehe.
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited February 2013
    It´s been a few days since I have been here, so let´s see what I have missed...

Evie, I agree it would be fun to build a loghome and the inspiration picture I posted earlier would be easy to try.
    I love your new avatar. She is pretty!

Yanti, Thanks! I´m glad you like it :)

Snowplow, your mountain house is huge and beautiful! Great job so far!
    I love your French style mansion. It is gorgious!
    I really love the kitchen :D
    I think the dining room and lounch area could use some curtains, but it does look great. It´s a bit dark, but it fits the style of the house.

chaoskishin, the house is starting to look more like a home now you have put up curtains and paintings.
    I like the colours you use. I have a suggestion, but it already looks good as it is now but it is something you can try. Maybe in the living room you could use a different wallpaper, onewhere there is something on the top (maybe wood or a pattern). Maybe you could make one where you use a pattern using the same colours as the curtains. I think that would look lovely.
    For the garden, you could add terrain paint to make it more realistic...like dirt under the bushes and trees.

rattbait, must have been hard to build something so small!
    I love your deserted house. So beautiful!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Inspiration picture for today, this time I found a boathouse. I think it will be interesting to build a house on the water like that someday.

the-boathouse.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Snow - Ah lovely tea! The herbs works good! I like spices. How did you guess? :D Don't forget to pre-order the limited edition. You do not want to miss out on the extra things. :D

Illusie - What a beautiful boat house! Thanks for sharing that! *Hugs* I am so looking forward to Island Paradise ep. I can't wait to build boat houses. :D:D
  • Options
    chaoskishinchaoskishin Posts: 15 New Member
    edited February 2013
    more work, more pictures.

Detail shots this time.

Living room-
    Screenshot-170-copy_zps1ae6f6ae.jpg
    Screenshot-171-copy_zps4c5690b0.jpg
    Screenshot-169-copy_zps7e3cc799.jpg

Dining room and kitchen-
    Screenshot-166-copy_zpsfa85abda.jpg
    Screenshot-167-copy_zpsafcb4ac5.jpg
    Screenshot-168-copy_zps234babb1.jpg

Backyard-
    Screenshot-173-copy_zps466bac66.jpg
    Screenshot-174-copy_zpsa682a6f2.jpg

I apologize for the lack of 'color' on the ceiling, I really don't like Maxis' idea of ceiling tiles and I'm almost never at that angle so I don't generally bother with it. I may just use the same material as the floor.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,647 Member
    edited February 2013
    Your WIP is going good @ chaoskishin . I like the shade of violet that you have used for the walls of the living room. The backyard is dturning into a great outdoor living/dining pool area. It's going good! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    chaoskishin >> I like your placement of the pictures on the wall. Only two suggestions for them: Make sure they do not go up on the mounting. In a RL home, that would ruin it. Just slide them down, using the alt key, so they are in the same arrangement, just "framed" between the two white borders. Second suggestion, maybe match the woods on the frames? For your pool, remember you can change the wall paper to anything your heart desires, you do not need to stick with the standard blue. =P
  • Options
    chaoskishinchaoskishin Posts: 15 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Snowmoon wrote:
    chaoskishin >> I like your placement of the pictures on the wall. Only two suggestions for them: Make sure they do not go up on the mounting. In a RL home, that would ruin it. Just slide them down, using the alt key, so they are in the same arrangement, just "framed" between the two white borders. Second suggestion, maybe match the woods on the frames? For your pool, remember you can change the wall paper to anything your heart desires, you do not need to stick with the standard blue. =P

The paintings were there before I changed the walls, so I didn't notice until you pointed it out. I've never been able to get the Alt key to work for me, so I use the Colon and Quote keys, which provides the same functionality. I'm still prodding everything, though the ground floor (excluding backyard and patio) looks to be close to complete, so there's a good chance to pool walls will get changed a some point.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    chaoskishin >> No problems for the pics, that is why were are here!! You are really doing good with the design and adding little bits here and there. I'm so glad you are sharing.
  • Options
    k2m1took2m1too Posts: 3,128 Member
    edited February 2013
    :::waves::: Hi all! I know I'm sporadic in posting, but I drop in when I can and look at all the goodies!

chaoskishin - Your house is coming along really well! My only tiny suggestion... and this is just personal preference... is to hide the fire alarm behind the fridge. I know in a "real" house, you wouldn't do that, but in the sims you can tuck it (and the burglar alarm) behind things and they will still work.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Chaoskishin - Nice updates. The pool area looks nice. One suggestion about the paintings in the living room. The don't go well together. You have to find paintings with similar styles if you want to put them up together.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    chaoskishin, that looks really good!
    I think the wall behind the dining table still look a bit plain. Maybe add a miror or painting? Maybe put something on the dining table (plant/lamp/other decor item)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *waves to everyone* Howdy! I can't wait for uni, there is some much they showed in the video. Was cool.

Quick question: Do people react badly to SimBost still? Or did SN fix that?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Downloading Uni right now. I'm so excited! Ruth already posted pics, but if anyone wants to see anything, let me know.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2013

Modern starter home in white and orange :)

Link:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7064076

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    KylieS21KylieS21 Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2013
    Snowmoon wrote:
    Downloading Uni right now. I'm so excited! Ruth already posted pics, but if anyone wants to see anything, let me know.

So jealous, I have to wait till next week. :cry:

I'm so excited to get uni back. I hadn't realised before but it was probably the expansion pack I used most in Sims 2. So excited. Have fun with it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    kateoverend >> that is a cute lil home! Kind of like a creamsicle! Gave up a rec! Thanks for stopping buy. =)

KylieS21 >> Oh, I know! I used it so often, I loved the extra wishes you got. This pack will be fun as they get a new trait! I'm about to head in, just registering and what not. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,647 Member
    edited March 2013
    Enjoy exploring Uni Life Snow! :) It sounds like a great EP!

Great starter home for Aurora Kies @ kateoverend :) It looks very nice in Wintertime!
  • Options
    SashikuChanSashikuChan Posts: 50
    edited March 2013
    I like to build fantasy based unrealistic houses. I haven't built much, but I plan on making a house soon. I like a nature inspired home with lots of yard space and a unique structure. I also like pagodas. :D I find inspiration in just about everything, but I'm a very creative individual as well as an artist. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Snow - Have fun with Uni Snow! I have to wait till Thursday. Post some pics if you can.

Kateoverend - Pretty starter. : I see you have used the new roof from Aurora Skies. Left you a recommendation.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    SashikuChan >> Can't wait to see what you show us! I tend to go along those lines too. I have a harder time making a realistic house or sim! Hehe. Welcome aboard.

Yanti >> Ouch, that is a long wait! I was able to get into it right before bed, last night. I will post some pics tonigh!!!
  • Options
    k2m1took2m1too Posts: 3,128 Member
    edited March 2013
    hiya!

I'm in the same boat with Yanti. Thursday or Friday before I get Uni. :cry: All the shiny will be worn off the rest of your copies by the time we get ours.

Evie - Whenever this song comes up on Pandora, it reminds me of you. I don't know why. Probably the name of the Band -- Spunkshine. The song is "Hemlock Switch-One". It's kind of a "groove" song. Don't know if it is your taste, but I thought I'd share.

(I'm not wild about the video, but then I never really watch videos anyway...)

http://youtu.be/I_Q33ri2vKI

SashikuChan -- I'm certainly up for seeing some fantasy houses!

kateoverend -- Evie stole the word right out of my mouth (keyboard??) - Dreamsicle. Very cute.
  • Options
    cbrock7cbrock7 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey all,

Snow, wow...a nice thread for me to lurk...Got it bookmarked.

Off to try out University Life, can't wait to go streakin', I so missed that from sims 2.