Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huntsborough, A Ceremonial Town in the Foothills (Final Version Out)

Comments

• Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited September 2013
    No, I am very busy at the time being, so there will probably not be too many updates.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited September 2013
    First time to see the thread. I made an NPC for you.

He is human. I hope he is sufficiently dark. Theo Undertaker. Brooding, Nightowl, No Sense of Humor, Grumpy, Light Sleeper. I gave him an LTW of Zombie Master just for fun. Never played as requested.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7661372
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I will probably get back to working on this world in a little while. I have a lot of small tedious things that I need to take care of for school, and the first half of October is relatively annoying regarding that.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to start picking up on this world again. I'm having some difficulty coming up with descriptions for families and houses, but that is one of the remaining steps. I am also going to make some diving areas, which I absolutely hate doing, but I feel a need to. But don't worry. I will eventually give you all a nice world that will probably crash your game upon startup. I will no longer be putting pictures directly onto this website, as I am getting annoyed with Photobucket.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hey Quail! No problem with the wait and I can understand frustration with photobucket.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    heat33330heat33330 Posts: 255 Member
    edited February 2014
    Such a gorgeous world! Can't wait to see it finished. Leinster is also the best province in Ireland. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Right now, what I have to do with this neighborhood is add some spawners, modify the routing, and finish writing descriptions for things... that last task is taking me an exceptionally long time. I'm thinking that I may release a beta version with some of the descriptions left blank, and perhaps people can help me fill them in (with credit, obviously). Could be a stupid idea, but I will never be able to release the world if I keep trying to write creative stories or even witty descriptions for everything.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited March 2014
    Quailhogs wrote:
    Right now, what I have to do with this neighborhood is add some spawners, modify the routing, and finish writing descriptions for things... that last task is taking me an exceptionally long time. I'm thinking that I may release a beta version with some of the descriptions left blank, and perhaps people can help me fill them in (with credit, obviously). Could be a stupid idea, but I will never be able to release the world if I keep trying to write creative stories or even witty descriptions for everything.

Meh. I'd suggest releasing a closed beta, and while you're fixing the bugs, finish the descriptions.
  • Options
    gamemagggamemagg Posts: 2,485 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello,

Some news ?? :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes, news. I am still progressing along. I came up with some interesting, clever, and also extremely stupid/lazy descriptions for the families. I am trying to just clean up the character files and I need to fix the routing in the world. The building part is pretty much finished.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2014
    YAY ! Quailhogs back!!!! Nice to see you back. Looking forward to it for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    edited May 2014
    :shock: what ep was used to make such beauty?Looks Amazing.
  • Options
    gamemagggamemagg Posts: 2,485 Member
    edited May 2014
    Great !! .. :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Okay, in the process of me creating this world, the game generated some families for the homeless pool, which suck of course. I am finishing up, but if you want to help me, please give me some Sim families to replace the existing randomly generated ones.

Family Request
    -I only want families that have not been played with. Just make them in CAS and upload them immediately after.
    -No third-party or store items. I only have expansions up to Supernatural and would prefer if you do not use Stuff Packs. I have two stuff packs myself (Fast Lane and Outdoor Living), but a lot of the people that download my worlds don’t have any, so I am trying to avoid using stuff pack items from now on.
    - Do NOT use ghosts or mummies; I think they still destroy CAW.
    -I do not have University Life, Seasons, or into the future (whatever they named it)

Suggestions:
    -This world takes place in Ireland, but you do not have to go overboard with the names like EA did with Dragon Valley (and no, I was not inspired by their world for my choice of location).
    -At this point, I'd prefer no more supernatural Sims.
    -I am racist towards Sims with colorful skin tones (blue, green, red). Do not use them.
    -Make sure that you only use personality traits and favorites from the games I have. I do not care about what personalities you give your Sims.
    -If you want any of your adult Sims to be a deranged cultist, please inform me.

Sorry if this sounds obnoxiously demanding.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited May 2014
    When I see Ming worlds I instantly think of the Scumthorpes on MTS... It just seems like that story should be placed in one of these worlds!!!!
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited May 2014
    Diancarock wrote:
    When I see Ming worlds I instantly think of the Scumthorpes on MTS... It just seems like that story should be placed in one of these worlds!!!!

I totally agree! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8232371

There are probably some problems with the ocean routing. If anyone has some insight for that, it would be great.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I was able to download it. It may have something to do with the website or your internet connection. If anyone else has that problem, please inform me.
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2014
    Am downloading now. Your worlds are always interesting and run well, though this one is your largest one, I believe. At any rate, thank you for another otherworldly experience.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Apachi web error is a java script error so it is either the site - the web or the user may have missed a java update or have the wrong bit version - if it happens a lot - but just once it is generally the site or the webs script and nothing we can do on our end and definitely not something a world creator did.

Quailhogs - sorry i couldn't send you any sims this time but i have all my games loaded and lately we cannot just omit using content from those eps as the exchange now gives errors or can create issues for your upload. So I thought it best not to offer this time.

I will have to see the error to see what you mean - but to most frequent ocean errors are they are either not deep enough or boats get caught in infinite loops due to the regular fish pools or rock/ grass decor that creators have always used in the water - well the IP programming doesn't like it and sees things like that as solid object that go from the ocean surface to the ocean bed like a column - but I will look and see what you are talking about. Perhaps it's something new even.

Later

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    hehehe I think he does. He is indeed a creation wizard.

By the way Quailhogs - so far - so good. Not seeing any infinite boat loops anyway. Did not get much time in the game last night - we got unexpected company - which put a halt to any more gaming for last night. Hope to get a full run in tonight - as I only ended up with a few moments in the water - but only saw one sim using a boat and I didn't see him having issues. I definitely need to take my own sim out in a boat though.

Actually I must blame part of my not checking it sooner on you as I got so caught up in checking out the town, the lots and such - including some of the sims - instead of looking for issues - I probably might have had answers. Lets hope tonights foray into here gets some usable results. But let me say your work is always so impressive - it's worth just having the worlds just to stare and look at everything. Gorgeous job.

Now if I can just inflict the discipline to test - hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    sharonxyz: The actual world size is largest, but I think that the amount of playable space should be similar to that of my other worlds. Have fun while playing it.

Writin_Reg: I did use a lot of regular objects underwater, so that may have a negative impact on the routing. Anyway, thank you for testing, and keep me updated.

EswenRaedself: I like it when people post pictures. I added yours to the front page. If anyone else has any, I will post those to the front page as well (with exception to those pointing out errors to me).
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited May 2014
    It's a really lovely world, but I have noticed a routing error on land.

I have some Sims in the film career and for some reason they couldn't enter the film rabbithole. Their carpool drives them to the film place and then they just stop and cancel out of going to the film rabbithole. I checked and they don't have any absent minded traits. So I fixed the issue by deleting the film career lot and placing down the film rabbithole on a premade empty 64x64 lot. My Sims were ale to rout there correctly.

Otherwise, it's an awesome world so far! My Sim named Rantidev is gonna fall in love with one of the vampires. I forget her name. :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for pointing that out. Fortunately, that problem is actually easy to fix. Apparently, the Sims needed more than three squares of floor space in front of the door in order to get inside.
  • Options
    NoirranNoirran Posts: 393 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Quailhogs,
    I've been playing in Huntsborough a couple days and so far have had only one routing problem. The NPC Elixir Consignment Clerk spawned in Uphill and could not get out. Ever. Overwatch kept spamming me with stuff messages. I ended up having to force kill her and unmaking the NPC doors. After that the new elixir consignment clerk went to work no problem.

Also the proprietor of The Wailing Teapot could not seem to find the stage even though you left him extra spaces on both sides. I really don't think there is anything you can do about this, it's an EA bug.

The library doesn't have any skill book cases in it.

I love the world, right now my primary play world is Grey Meadow, I see this one moving in. I love the bridge gate homes, very creative. The parks are beautiful and the builds are cozy and fun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top