Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huntsborough, A Ceremonial Town in the Foothills (Final Version Out)

QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
Huntstitle_zps5394481f.jpg

Huntsborough is an old town located along the eastern coast of Ireland, “somewhere in Leinster" most people would say. The history of the town is rather strange, for it was built from the outside inward. Crumbling castles and the town’s oldest church sit on the outskirts of town while four neoclassical buildings are located in the center.

At the base of oddly-shaped hills in the Province of Leinster, “Huntsborough” was taken from the Normans under the lordship of Sir William Huntington (who was neither a lord nor a knight). Huntington’s settlement lasted for about a year before invaders set it on fire and bludgeoned Huntington’s priest, Doran Balor, to death. Immediately after Balor’s death, William Huntington wanted to rebuild what the Normans destroyed. He failed abysmally, and it was not until the 19th Century that Huntsborough was resurrected as a legitimate town (with roads, functional houses, and a mayor who was not a homicidally-insane xenophobe like Huntington). The new town was influenced by Ebenezer Howard’s “Garden City,” turning out to be a rather peaceful place to live. Yet, the utopia would eventually fall back into dark chaos, when a cult would emerge with the rebirth of Huntington’s priest. The new cult’s practices are considered atrocious by both those godly and secular.

Versions:
Final Version Requires World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Fast Lane Stuff, and Outdoor Living Stuff, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, and Island Paradise
Mediafire Requires World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Fast Lane Stuff, and Outdoor Living Stuff, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, and Island Paradise

Related Downloads:
Dermody Manor An old mansion with French architectural influence.
Huntington Hold A rather gaudy rendition of a Norman Castle. Originally the hold of Sir William Huntington, whom Huntsborough is named after despite his treachery.

Leading Roles:
Bio1_zps2973620a.jpg
Rev. Doran Balor
Reverend Doran Balor traveled with Sir William Huntington to claim a seemingly unsettled area for England and concurrently establish a Roman Catholic Church in a prominent geographic area. Literature portrays Doran as a patient and kindly man in contrast to the pompous and violent Huntington. Unfortunately, Doran's term came to an end after his church was ransacked by a group of Norman invaders who collectively beat him to a pulp. Today the church sits on a hill, abandoned and overgrown with weeds, but there are tales of people entering the church, only to be accused of theft before being eviscerated by the ghost of Balor. The only people who may enter the church are the loyal servants of Balor who wish to sacrifice their children unto him.

Bio6_zpse78e4b91.jpg
Alistair Connelly
While many of Huntsborough believe in what Balor originally preached, others worship Balor himself, or what he has become. Alistair Connelly is recognized as the prophet of Balor. The Church of Balor is typically viewed by common folk as nothing more than a cult full of crackpots. Alistair himself radiates kindness; however, his religion is highly controversial. Apparently people are uncomfortable with sacrificing their first born child to the vampire lord for the greater good. Most members of this church are Alistair's deranged children and people with little recollection of their own nightlife.

Bio2_zps6397626c.jpg
Gareth McGuinness
A humble widower living with his five children, Gareth is the owner of the McGuinness Family Tavern… which has been closed for about 120 years now. With the bad luck of the McGuinness family in his veins, Gareth has been struggling to reopen the tavern. Unfortunately, he requires this thing called "money" in order to run it, which his older brother, Kenneth, has no interest in lending him.

Bio3_zps228823cb.jpg
Kenny McGee (Kenneth McGuinness)
Unlike his younger brother who is obsessed with trying to bring life back into the McGuinness family name, Kenny wanted to distance himself from his family’s failure, much to the point of shortening his own last name to "McGee." While he has seen success in journalism, Kenny is seen as nothing more than a selfish and arrogant man to almost all of his relatives. Is he really a bad person, or are his less successful family members just jealous of him?

Bio4_zps4d44c3cd.jpg
Jakob and Elizabeth Quailhogs
Speaking of arrogance, some more members of the Quailhogs family show up in Huntsborough. Jakob IV and Elizabeth recently purchased a large estate in the hills of Huntsborough, probably their sixth house by now. While following in the footsteps of his ancestors as a ruthless businessman, Jakob has quite an inferiority complex. He tends to bully anyone who comes across the slightest bit arrogant to him. Elizabeth is usually reticent, except when her husband is acting out against the "unrefined peasants" of the foothills. (Replicated from a family that I made in The Sims 1)

Bio7_zpsa7527930.jpg
Chevonne Clancy
Chevonne is the current mayor of Huntsborough. She is both lazy and unfriendly; however, Chevonne manages to put on a pleasant façade when engaging in her politics. The lovely mayor is convinced that Huntsborough is perfect just the way it is, thus she isn’t really hurting the city by investing a little sum of taxpayer money on herself.

Bio8_zps06a19c6f.jpg
Balor's Children: Ríona, Feldelma, Garth, Barry, Elaine, and Quinn
While sacrificing a child to Balor often means that child will never be seen by his or her parents again, it does not necessarily mean that the child will perish entirely. Instead, the child is robbed of all memories related to family and friends prior to the sacrifice. Even if Balor’s spirit does not exist to feast upon one’s offspring, it’s still a really bad idea to leave a child in an abandoned church where there could be squatters and vandals lurking around. Either way, there are a lot of unfit parents in Huntsborough.

Bio5_zps539cfa2b.jpg
The Gainsboro Banshee
Not much is known about her. This banshee doesn't quite scream, but she makes others scream when they see her staring back at them through the window at the dead of night. As with Balor, there is a similar rumor about the Gainsboro Banshee disemboweling people. However, her only victims are the parents who sacrifice their children to Balor. Some may call it "justice," but the banshee's actions appear to be driven by nothing other than malice towards irresponsible people.

Downtown
Screenshot-924_zps17a79934.jpg
Screenshot-923_zps054b8305.jpg
Screenshot-932_zpscd9cff1b.jpg
Screenshot-931_zps30f2248f.jpg
Screenshot-929_zps5c47d212.jpg
Screenshot-926_zps34788a19.jpg
Screenshot-927_zpsd264a32d.jpg
Screenshot-949_zps0ffbb59b.jpg
Screenshot-948_zpsc2e5762f.jpg

The Northern Hills
Screenshot-945_zpsbc8ea98f.jpg
Screenshot-937_zps0f587f08.jpg
Screenshot-940_zpsb9384789.jpg
Screenshot-938_zps02b740fa.jpg
Screenshot-942_zps95e7e71b.jpg

Huntington Manor
Screenshot-934_zpse5841476.jpg
Screenshot-936_zps012769e0.jpg

Port Gainsboro
Screenshot-919_zps8e46c535.jpg

The Western Hills
Screenshot-917_zpsd330f288.jpg
Screenshot-918_zpsa6695067.jpg
Screenshot-914_zpsf976b6ef.jpg
Screenshot-915_zpsb7cbcdc3.jpg

Greene Island
Screenshot-950_zps34b21fcd.jpg
Screenshot-951_zps63d037fd.jpg

Worlds by Quailhogs:
Tribus (WIP)
Wraith
Huntsborough
Vargfjell
The Stoneshields and Fortress Rock
Grey Meadow

A Tale of Five Dystopias
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Saide7Saide7 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited May 2012
    great start! I like the criminal building!
  • VanillaTwilight93VanillaTwilight93 Posts: 349 Member
    edited May 2012
    It looks really good! I like the layout you've got so far :D
    And i love the back story behind the abandoned house lol :wink:
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited May 2012
    LOL @ Backstory.

I love your "gloomy" worlds, Quailhogs, but this is a wonderful change. I think it proves just how versatile you are ;) :thumbup:
  • QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks guys. This world is quite different from what I normally build in both mood and general layout. I often make the layout far more confusing than a deformed circle.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited May 2012
    He ate his family?? :shock: :lol: This ought to be good...I'll be looking forward to it. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited May 2012
    I was actually strongly considering making a garden city as my next world, but more based on Ottawa, Ontario. I may end up having to borrow a few ideas from your world when I get to work on the new project. :lol:
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited May 2012
    Yaaayyyy! I love your worlds, I can't wait for this one too!
  • xXPetraGirlXxxXPetraGirlXx Posts: 189 Member
    edited May 2012
    Wow, this world looks great. I like the layout. And the roads are pretty. And the buildings are so beautiful. :thumbup:
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited May 2012
    I really like your starter cottage. It looks really cute. My starters always look like starters and are ugly to boot. My better houses cost tons of sims dollars. I am looking forward to this world, I love the layout, and the bad guys association. being in that house...wow...cute and funny.

Hmmm...the censor got my bad guys association, only I used an abbreviation.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2012
    I already like the sound of it, but you haven't given up on Vargfjell have you? And is this the world you were planning to create without any expansion packs?
    edited May 2012
    Thank you guys. I'll probably be uploading some of the lots as I go along, so you can use them outside of the world before I finish it.
    Sam_Is_Great: Unless Vargfjell did not correctly transfer to my external hard drive along with my other crap, I am certainly going to continue that world. It would be foolish for me to simply trash something that I put so much effort into already. This is the world I had in mind for the base game only. Right now, I am using my laptop, which sucks, so I cannot work on anything as heavy as Vargfjell with it.
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Quailhogs - I love this :) I really like how you laid out the roads. I also really like your builds. You always have such neat ideas!

Would you mind terribly if I borrowed that road layout for a future project? It's a science fiction-y idea so the builds would be nothing like yours - but I like the crop circle feeling you have going :D

God Bless,
    mik
    edited May 2012
    @mikitta47: Thanks; I wanted a nice fluid street plan. You don't need permission to use my ideas... in fact, they aren't entirely mine anyway.

Screenshot-20-1.jpg
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-23-1.jpg
    The restored counterpart to the criminal hideout. This one your sims may actually live in.
    Screenshot-24-1.jpg
    The military base is under this memorial. If you have any historical figures of little significance, I would be happy to designate this memorial to them.
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    This is the stadium where the Huntsborough Hornets play.
    Screenshot-26.jpg
    I managed to make three-story starter homes. They have a very basic design, so if you decide to stick around instead of moving into a larger home, they are easy to customize (disregarding the lack of space on the lots).
    Screenshot-19-1.jpg
    I tried to embed structures into Vargfjell's landscape, but it didn't work as well because it was too mountainous and I didn't feel like compromising. It worked a lot better with this world, so along the seemingly vacant roadways, there will be some underground houses tucked away.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2012
    I like that last picture ( well, I like all of them, but the last is terrific ) it's interesting to see the building embedded in the terrain, it would make for excellent graveyards, or old tombs etc.
    I also absolutely love the circular road layout. Nice work ! :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Just...the colours of the landscape...SO MAGNIFICENT! :shock:
  • xXPetraGirlXxxXPetraGirlXx Posts: 189 Member
    edited May 2012
    The buildings are pretty. That building at the last picture looks awesome. :mrgreen:
    edited May 2012
    Thanks everyone. It seems as if this world is off to a good start then. So far I set up three more lots in the hills for underground houses. Due to game restrictions, the houses had to be built underground as basements and not actually into the hills themselves. Fortunately this actually makes for very cheap dwellings and saves lots of space for landscaping.
    Pary: On that note, I think I may build some mausoleums into the hills (I already did that with the memorial atop of the military base). It would work for tombs also, but since this world only uses the base game, I will have to cut that out until this world is updated for expansion packs.
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited May 2012
    It's a very good start. I like the look of your gloomy towns, but this one shows some nice promise. :)
  • BrogueBrogue Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm loving the look of this! :D
  • sadielover123sadielover123 Posts: 498 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I love the look of this world so far! I also bookmarked it :mrgreen:
  • BrogueBrogue Posts: 140 Member
    edited July 2012
    Just curiously, is this world still happening?
  • GivyGivy Posts: 75 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Brogue wrote:
    Just curiously, is this world still happening?
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited July 2012
    The street layout reminds me of a Pokeball. :-o
  • WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited August 2012
    you could use the rabbitholes coming with supernatural. I think they would look good in this world. :)
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
    edited August 2012
    This world is still going to get finished. I originally didn't plan on building it until after Vargfjell was finished, but I just got bored and started this world ahead of time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top