The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huntsborough, A Ceremonial Town in the Foothills (Final Version Out)

Comments

• LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited December 2012
    I almost forgot about this, but I won't be forgetting anymore. Going to book mark and keep my eye on it every now and then till it's ready for release :D
  • QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2012
    I did do a bit of work on it before I left, but not much. I decided that this isn't going to be a base-game only world anymore, too restrictive. I'll try to avoid using stuff packs, however.
  • SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited December 2012
    AWESOME! §★♡♣♟♛♝ I like the layout!
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited December 2012
    It's strange, but i actually really like this.
    edited December 2012
    To SimExpertJared: I'm happy you enjoy it. I may fiddle with the layout a bit for more solidarity, but it does leave a lot of room for things.

To MATZ: Thank you. Don't know why it's strange, but I am happy you like it.
  • siyuuusiyuuu Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    Wow, that's a layout I've never seen before. Those near identical starter homes look so tacky and adorable :D You've such a great sense of design, I can't wait to see where you go with this.
    edited January 2013
    These pictures are very old, but apparently they still exist on my laptop.
    Screenshot-31-1.jpg
    Screenshot-30-1.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited January 2013
    Love your pictures Quail! I'm not getting my hopes up for base game only now and I understand the need to expand. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if I can dl this great looking world.

I'll continue to check back as I love your talent and humor at building worlds but won't hold my breath on getting this lovely world.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited January 2013
    Wow! I love it. The lots and the landscapes are both very well done :thumbup:
  • BrogueBrogue Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2013
    Just thought I'd pop in and say that I'm still loving this world!

Love the new (old) pictures too.
    edited January 2013
    Thanks guys. When I head back upstate, I will be working on this and the update for Grey Meadow. Unlike with my previous worlds, I am not going to add every type of lot to Huntsborough. All rabbit holes will be there, but I am going to cut out most of the showtime lots and reduce the late night venues to one bar (probably the local watering hole), one lounge (either fusion or exclusive), and one club (more than likely a dance club). So this world will be a lot less commercially oriented than the others.
  • Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited March 2013
    That works well for my style of play (and my computer) I find having a lot of commercial lots slows down my game. I love your other worlds though, so having something a little easier for my game to run is going to be awesome :)
    edited April 2013
    Here, have some picture spam.

Art Museum (Back Entrance)
    Screenshot-399-1_zps2669bf3e.jpg
    Screenshot-394_zpsc656fd02.jpg

Library
    Screenshot-398_zps6e85d5fa.jpg

French Revival House
    Screenshot-397_zps30a0d972.jpg

Tavern
    Screenshot-401-1_zpsbf3baf89.jpg
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited April 2013
    :D Love the buildings, I am so glad you are still working on this world. I love the layout and I am looking forward to seeing it done.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • heat33330heat33330 Posts: 255 Member
    edited April 2013
    I can't wait to see more pics of this world! It seems to be geared towards a different "atmosphere" - for lack of a better word - than your other worlds. :-)
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2013
    The library is stunning, great builds!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2013
    Absolutely gorgeous builds!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited April 2013
    Thank you your your comments, guys. Still not too certain as to what the actual theme of this world is supposed to be.

Screenshot-412_zps917de488.jpg

The path here was particularly annoying to build.
    Screenshot-411_zps0f40491b.jpg

Screenshot-410_zps66888266.jpg

Screenshot-408_zps93f87993.jpg

Screenshot-404_zpsb46f020d.jpg

Screenshot-403-1_zpsdb03d6e4.jpg

Screenshot-402-1_zps38cdcd43.jpg
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 286 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I really like the terrain painting in your world, what textures are you using?
    edited April 2013
    Thank you. I took some of the default textures (do not remember which ones) and recolored them in a paint program to my liking.
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited April 2013
    Another great world, looking fantastic! :mrgreen:
  • BrogueBrogue Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2013
    Loving it! The buildings are looking awesome! Looking forward to seeing more!
    edited May 2013
    I moved around the small townhouses a couple of times. They looked really stupid standing alone. The only reason I had them that way was because this was going to be a world requiring no expansion packs, and I didn't want to take a chance making apartment type lots in a world like this. Of course I abandoned that idea, and the townhouses look a lot less strange now. Some of the townhouses will remain as regular residential lots, since they are still affordable even without constituting as apartments.

Screenshot-463_zpsc280dd89.jpg
    Screenshot-462_zpse32b2b3c.jpg
    Screenshot-461_zpseb1af755.jpg

And here is another house.
    Screenshot-419_zps2a0a15ae.jpg
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    The builds look beautiful.
    edited May 2013
    Here are some more pictures.

Screenshot-468_zpsb753fbb9.jpg
    Not my greatest cathedral, but perhaps when I finish the landscaping, it will not look as plain.

Screenshot-467_zpse14b31b8.jpg
    Screenshot-464_zps1780781a.jpg

I'm really getting along slowly with the interiors of the buildings. All of the pictures I just posted are of building shells. I furnished the consignment store today, and then my computer crashed... woe is me.

I really dislike how this forum shows how many times I edit my posts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top