Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huntsborough, A Ceremonial Town in the Foothills (Final Version Out)

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow. Just... wow. :D
  • Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited May 2013
    Screenshot-481_zps871bfad2.jpgScreenshot-494_zps07e9df83.jpg
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited May 2013
    Looking great :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    CoreyCanadian- I'm glad you like it so far.

My progress on this world has gotten a bit slow, but I should have some more updates this weekend. I finally made a cover logo for this thread so that it is somewhat more presentable, but the front page is still quite a mess. I really should get back to building the actual world and not creating dumb pictures to decorate this thread with.
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited May 2013
    The houses and pictures both look great.Looking forward to this one and slow is just fine.
    Your worlds are always unique.
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am really enjoying the updates. You're worlds are always so amazing. I wish I had the kind of talent you have - I'm not a great builder and as I've been discovering the past few days - I can not do much in CAW either. :lol: So instead I shall wait for yours :D
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited May 2013
    Me too. I am loving the updates, and the uniqueness of this world. I've been watching your progress on it and it looks wonderful!
  • Options
    Megs1116Megs1116 Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I love all of your worlds! I am in the midst of an underclass living playing style at the moment so I'm more enjoying your cities, but once I get through that, I hope to play this world as well! It looks lovely :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Either way it is coming along great :mrgreen: keep up the awesome work :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Little bump so others can see this :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for that courtesy. Here are some pictures on a broader scale, and some not so much.
    Kings Park (subconsciously stole the name from a hamlet on Long Island)
    Screenshot-520_zpsf14124b2.jpg
    Screenshot-528_zps4b0324cb.jpg

Screenshot-533_zpsc3775a51.jpg

I modified the streetscape. The plants were a bit too much. I want this to look like a town, not a jungle.
    Screenshot-544_zps1c7f1ac1.jpg

To compensate, there is still plenty of garden space throughout the town.
    Screenshot-546_zps372d0ef4.jpg
    Screenshot-547_zps79baa9cf.jpg
    Screenshot-548_zpsf236fb66.jpg

Screenshot-534_zpsa25a3094.jpg
    Screenshot-541_zpsd586b8c9.jpg

And to remind you as to who is building this world.
    Screenshot-543_zps2a8ee2f9.jpg
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2013
    That looks awesome!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you.
    The soccer field is the stadium. I built a new one since the old one didn't quite fit in. I was going to build soccer goals, but I think that soccer nets come with Seasons, so anyone who owns that expansion can just add them to the lot. I didn't add any hidden room markers to this lot, so adding the nets shouldn't be a problem unless they take up an unreasonable amount of space for some reason.
  • Options
    jlwatkins1848jlwatkins1848 Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2013
    Quailhogs,

If you're still in the market for obscure historical figures, I'd like to nominate James Brudenell, 7th Earl of Cardigan, most often referred to as Lord Cardigan. He was the leader of the disastrous Charge of the Light Brigade and inventor of the cardigan. He may not be obscure enough, though.

Antoine-Augustin Parmentier was the man who convinced the people of France that potatoes were edible. You could say that thanks to him, we have the French Fry, except that french fries are from Belgium.

Queen Boudica is not very obscure, but quite awesome-sauce nonetheless. Plus, she's a Celt, which would slightly fit the Irish theme, although she was a Briton.

Janet Dalrymple, of whom Sir Water Scott's novel The Bride of Lammermoor is based on, was a Scottish noblewoman famous for stabbing her husband to death on their wedding night, supposedly because she wanted to marry someone else.

A few for your consideration. My personal favorite is the potato guy. I'm sorry that I couldn't think of any obscure Irish persons. There's Rory O'Connor, the last High-King of Ireland, and the Duke of Wellington, who was part Irish. But they're not obscure.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    O my this is just coming along wonderfully! I cannot wait to see what other wonderous things you do, I love your worlds so much. Sadly though they make me feel bad about my building skills :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This is kind of jumping the gun since I am not even close to adding Sims yet, but if anyone wants to contribute individual Sims for townies, I will be happy to accept them, if you follow these annoying guidelines:
    -Upload them as Sims and not families. I want to ensure that these Sims have not been played so that they have a smaller file size.
    -No third-party or store items. I only have expansions up to Supernatural and would prefer if you do not use Stuff Packs. I have two stuff packs myself (Fast Lane and Outdoor Living), but a lot of the people that download my worlds don’t have any, so I am trying to avoid using stuff pack items from now on.
    - Do NOT use ghosts or mummies; I think they still destroy CAW.

Suggestions:
    -This world takes place in Ireland, but you do not have to go overboard with the names like EA did with Dragon Valley (and no, I was not inspired by their world for my choice of location).
    -If you submit a vampire who is at oldest, a young adult, I will probably change their last name to “Balor” to indicate that their parents belonged to the cult. Otherwise, go light or be subtle on the supernatural Sims.
    -If you are making a Sim specifically for this world, I would not bother including a bio. These will be NPC Sims, and the chances of anyone getting to read these bios are slim. I myself do not include descriptions for the townies.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'd be interested to help out :mrgreen:

I love making sims and seeing a sim of mine in one of your worlds would be just so cool :mrgreen: any particulars for families? Size and what not? Or is it just a free for all with the guidelines?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am not seeking families, as I am making those myself. I need Sims to use to fulfill NPC roles. You can upload a Sim for me to use as a townie, or you can request that I make them a specific type of Service NPC.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I can make random sims just to fill up places, that way you can decide and they won't be too specific for the town :)
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well hello there Quailhogs!
    I didn't even notice you were busy working hard on another town! Loving it! Can't wait to see the finished product! ^.^
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    CoreyCanadian: As long as you put effort into what you make. I am requesting user-made Sims because the game generates random and often morbidly obese NPC Sims when there are no pre-made homeless Sims to select from. If what you mean is that you will make the Sims plain looking, as if they could satisfy any role, then that would definitely help.

purple_roses2110: Thank you. I've been away from this world between last Summer and late April. It's not exactly a new project, it has just been dormant for quite a while. While there is still a lot of things to do here, what I have right now shows what the world will generally look like in the end.
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited June 2013
    :mrgreen: Oh I love what you are doing with this world. I think it may become my favorite world from you. I love the buildings and the entire concept.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Give this thread a little bump here :D

Also making more sims for the world that can fill any role :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay, keep at it. I have some pictures. I did some modifications to the island where the old stadium was. Its appearance did not look continuous with the rest of the world, so I trimmed it down and added some hills.
    Screenshot-589_zpsa2642179.jpg

Added some cottages and Finally built the horse training grounds. I always procrastinate to build the race tracks, but they usually come out looking decent. The equestrian center, on the other hand, I absolutely loathe putting in.
    Screenshot-593_zps7a83d8a2.jpg

These first two cottages I already furnished. They will constitute as starter-homes for small families. The third is unfurnished as of now.
    Screenshot-569_zps0738d57d.jpg

Screenshot-585_zps7fb23716.jpg

Screenshot-587_zps6bc47775.jpg

And this castle I did not furnish either.
    Screenshot-572_zps6236c5c9.jpg

Pictures of people doing stuff inside.
    Screenshot-567_zps124c2860.jpg

Screenshot-584_zpsd0a75028.jpg

Screenshot-573_zps7a050b64.jpg
    That's his mother.

Screenshot-575_zps4799eed8.jpg

Screenshot-577_zps2e6cc9b6.jpg

Screenshot-595_zps70a4c09b.jpg
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited June 2013
    Alright. I see that now looking at the dates and what not.

I went back through and looked the pictures over more carefully. I don't know how I missed the one with all the stairs, but I have to say that looks awesome. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that done before.

I'm also liking the new update! Those cottages are so neat! And that castle! You really do have some patience to built half the things you build.

:thumbup:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top