Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huntsborough, A Ceremonial Town in the Foothills (Final Version Out)

12345679...Next

Comments

• citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited July 2014
    :mrgreen: I love this world, I will be downloading it and playing. Thank you for finishing it.

I really look forward to your next world...Hell...sounds kind of like my place lately.
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hell sounds very appropriate, especially if you wish to somewhat conclude the stories of your most oft used families.

I'm sure they will have plenty to do and say in their new locale, ...and with local encouragement at that.
  • QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2014
    sharonxyz wrote:
    Hell sounds very appropriate, especially if you wish to somewhat conclude the stories of your most oft used families.

I'm sure they will have plenty to do and say in their new locale, ...and with local encouragement at that.
    Yes
    edited July 2014
    I'd imagine no Law Enforcement.. and any of the neighbors who felt they had a right to police their own town, giving judgement despite their own dysfunctions, would be surprised to find themselves in hell as well.

This could be very entertaining.
  • happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited July 2014
    another fantastic world Quailhogs. I had time to play a little bit and check out most of the lots. Your building style is so unique, as well as the sims you create. I just dont want to get to invested in the world before your final version is completed!
    edited July 2014
    I am off from work tomorrow, so I should get the last beta version up then. If you have any sims you would like me to use, please post them. This will not be the final version of the world, but so far I have tackled most of the glaring and game breaking problems.

Also, please do not get to excited with the hell world. Right now I am just toying with the idea.
    edited July 2014
    Down-loading now, looking forward to it.
    edited July 2014
    Small typo: description of dog park reads 'cates' instead of 'cats'.

(not a big fix of course, but if I don't mention it when I see it, I'll probably forget)
    edited July 2014
    That's not a typo, that's pure stupidity.
    edited July 2014
    I started working on my world in hell. Here is an ugly building that looks like it was rejected from Mordor.
    Screenshot-885_zpsd5d07cba.jpg

And this is what nighttime in hell looks like.
    Screenshot-886_zpsc5098ac6.jpg
    Screenshot-889_zpsdf15e4e0.jpg

This world is going to be a pretty weird mixture of distopian fantasy and southwestern architecture. Most of the rabbit holes are going to be drab recolors rather than the buildings stuck in the basement; the latter causes a lot of routing issues.
    Screenshot-890_zps708b0dc2.jpg

There's a little sneak peak at something that I may not even finish. Please continue to test Huntsborough, as it is far more important.
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hahahaha, that sky is freaking amazing. Going to test out the town some tonight.
    edited August 2014
    I just uploaded the "final" version. Unless there are any glaring or game-breaking problems with Huntsborough, I do not intend on editing it again. I noticed that I completely forgot to put signs and hydrants in the beta versions, so the streets should look .008% more realistic now. Enjoy, and do not forget to sacrifice your children to the vampire lord.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8372353
    edited August 2014
    The final version looks extremely good. Personally, I don't consider details like hydrants and signs necessary for immersion, but to each their own. Reality has different levels depending on one's focus.

Hell looks like a nice place to visit. I'll withhold the decision on whether to move in until I see more. It makes for a winning tourist destination. Much better than the world's largest ball of aluminum foil.
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Downloaded and played it most of the day yesterday.It played great.I really like the layout.
    I'm glad you enjoy it. I haven't gotten too much feedback on it since I uploaded it.

The new forum really messed with the layout of this thread.
  • ChemicalGreenChemicalGreen Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you for this world. Looks like it'll replace Grey Meadow as my main Sims 3 world. A question that will purely satisfy my own curiosity and slight OCD: Are the terrain paints of your own creation, or are they downloadable from somewhere? If they are your own, would you consider uploading them?
    edited August 2014
    The terrain paints are just my own recolors of the game's original terrain paints. I downloaded Paint.net and messed around with the hue until I had a result that fit my landscape.
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Several weeks in sim time into gameplay,all is well.My witch sim fits really well in her house built under the hill.
  • DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    I LOVE Huntsborough, it really fits the theme of the story of you made up. Since I love the story, I decided to just keep to that story and really add some custom content and other doo dads to really make it gruesome. I'm just creating new sims to add for the Occult to really get sadistic with. I love this city... Great Job!!!!
  • Michele1313MMichele1313M Posts: 93 New Member
    I absolutely love the look of this world! It seems to be playing mostly well as well, although I am having a problem with the fireman career. The firetrucks don't seem to be showing up, and when the emergency alarms go off and I click respond to emergency, they immediately go off and the action is cancelled, as there are no trucks to get into. I don't know if this is a problem on my end or with the world, but I've never experienced something like this before.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Posts: 41 Member
    I am pretty sure this threat is dead... but does anyone have a Mediafire download of this world.?
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    Is there a reason you specifically need Mediafire? The world is on the Exchange! (And like all Quailhogs worlds, is amazing!)

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8372353
    I added a Mediafire link to the front page. I'm not sure if the world uploaded properly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top