Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of May 2012 Releases- Subsets, Individual Items and links *Cambodian Subsets Added*

Comments

• Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    Joolster--

7FnUx.jpg

You mean the circled chair?

I don't think that's a re-color of anything already available to simmers. This should be included in the set IMO.

the chair is included in the Combo. I'm guessing they forgot to add it in the pics of the set. They did that with the previous combo and forgot to add some pics of items in the page but they were still included if you got it
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    And BOO!!!!!!!!! The vase is broken and can't be recoloured. You just end up with the "style is invalid, please select a new style before continuing".

BOO!!!!

Thanks for all the checking. I definitely will buy the set, but since I have to wait to get simpoint cards, I will just wait for a daily deal. Maybe the vase will be fixed by then too. :)
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited May 2012
    Yes, TDC95 I love the female vampire's dress that is just the kind of dress that I have been looking for. My sims need Wedding dresses with fuller skirts that is beautiful. How did you come by it? i like the 18th century dress too.
  • Options
    teelanvteelanv Posts: 20
    edited May 2012
    it seems to me that the tall round back chair is only with the oh my goth compilation set but but not with the technophobe set?
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited May 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Hmmmmmm ok.

No new patterns.

Bad news? The rug patterns are static. By that I mean they have four colours in the pattern (two for the largest one). You can recolour each part but can't have a solid colour for any of the rugs. You'll still be left with the outline of the pattern :(

The wall sculpture is a black curtain on a rail. Nothing special and should have been put in the curtains section.

Overall I think this is a letdown, especially with the missing chair that's in the picture.

BOO!!!!

Thank you for the info on the rugs. I guess that settles it - I don't want the rugs anymore, so picking apart the set to get the things I do want and waiting two weeks for the tablet is better for me.
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited May 2012
    I like bits and pieces of this set :) Disappointed with the one high backed chair thats not available for whatever reason.
    *shrugs*
    Love the batcouch though :mrgreen:
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2012
    Can someone post pics of the various rug stencils. Would like to see better. Hard to tell from the angle They are posted at.
    Also EA. Rugs should be posted with dimension and stencils easily visible. Matter fact there should be screen shot of any and all stencils available for the buyer to peruse. such as you do the premium. How many squares does it take? Are mini items shelf-able( for "Storage"/ such as can you store the fryer in pantry when not in use.) God we could use more items that are shelf-able. Why are so many items not? Does not make sense. Voodoo dolls should be shelfable. Who would leave it on the floor. Especially in a voodoo shop, same with potions and trophies. :roll:
    The light bulb goes on!
    Cool if the cabinets had storage function. As in open cabinet/store fryer or coffee maker,ice-cream maker/blender. Still avail but not cluttering backpack or cabnet.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2012
    If anyone is interested, I am holding 3 lotteries today for the Technophobe No More set. Here is the link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/535557.page
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited May 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    Joolster--

7FnUx.jpg

I don't think that's a re-color of anything already available to simmers. This should be included in the set IMO.

The chair does come with the set. Look at the individdual items listed and its the last one. There is also a light color recolor of it - you can see the quuilting in the lighter colors.
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited May 2012
    edited for redundancy ^_~
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited May 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    Joolster--

7FnUx.jpg

The chair does come with the set. Look at the individdual items listed and its the last one. There is also a light color recolor of it - you can see the quuilting in the lighter colors.

Ok, that just changed on the store page because it was not like that a moment ago. Thanks for confirming it.
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2012
    Stormwench posted pictures on the tablet in action and features. Gosh, it looks awesome. Starting to drool.
    Bottom of post.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/535529.page

Please someone post in-game screen shot s of furniture. So hard to see in the ugly monotone they are posted in in the store. What are the possibilities?
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited May 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Well - I for one love this set and thank Roundheaded for gifting it to me. I love the Goth families - I have many Generations - so this is just what all my newest Goth generations need to get out of the "dark ages" of the old set. Plus I notice it goes reall nicely with Haute Hip bed set to round off my new Goth Generations household. For kitchen i just recolored my Steampunk kitchen stuff (black, white, and gold) and it fits nicely seeing I had not used my Steam punk Kitchen in a Goth household yet. Bathroom was no problem either - but I would like an errie kind of nursery and kids room. Think Adams family EA!!!!

But love this set for sure.

Great minds think a like! I'm going to use the set to furnish a penthouse apartment coupled with the Haute Hip set because I think they will fit together really nicely. I was going to use the Late Night kitchen set but now that you've mentioned the Steampunk Kitchen I might have to try that out because I have been looking for somewhere to use that set :-) :wink:

A Gothic Nursery set would be great, I used to love the Adams Family :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2012
    *sneaks into the computer lab*

Hey guys, just added the claustrophobia chair as the individual link for that is now up now too ^_^

If you are missing the chair in-game, I'd recommend redownloading the set and see if it does anything.

I can't wait for pictures too, so share them as much as you can please!

Thanks ^_^

AznSensei
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2012
    I am thinking the same thing here about making an Addams family home with the set. I loved that show when I was a little girl, Morticia was my favorite.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    blewis823 wrote:
    I am thinking the same thing here about making an Addams family home with the set. I loved that show when I was a little girl, Morticia was my favorite.

If they create a superhero themed SP or Store Set...Batman comes to mind for me... :lol::lol: 8)
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    blewis823 wrote:

If they create a superhero themed SP or Store Set...Batman comes to mind for me... :lol::lol: 8)

I thought that as well, can just see Batman and Robin living there lol
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited May 2012
    KLorelei wrote:

Its listed as being in the set:

Image15.png

But I have the set and cannot find it in the game
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    stormwench wrote:
    KLorelei wrote:

Its listed as being in the set:

Image15.png

But I have the set and cannot find it in the game

They just updated it. It wasn't there before I left for class, and now it's back on. I'd recommend redownloading it and see if you can find it ^_^
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited May 2012
    I wish we would have gotten maybe a separate set with clothes that matched it. We have a decent amount of normal clothing, we need some more darker edgyer clothing, more modern. Because the place will look pretty modern and nifty but wearing sweats and a t-shirt isn't exactly matching the sims personality with the home. It's more like a sim in someone elses house watching the plants while there friend is out partying and being cool :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thank you so much for the set Msrednotdead!

I can't wait to go home later tonight and refurbished the Goth Home ^_^

• Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited May 2012
    Is my math off?

Goth LR + sleeping room = 950 points

Steampunk clothes = 1000 points

Technophobe no more = 1500 points (sale price- 200 points off)

Total = 3450 points for 70 items

Oh my Goth compilation total = 3400 points for 69 items.

So, I absolutely love the compilation, and would get it immediately, if I had a small incentive (discount). Hopefully this is like Lunar Lakes, and the discount won't show up for a little while.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    SmithMarsh wrote:
    Is my math off?

Goth LR + sleeping room = 950 points

Steampunk clothes = 1000 points

Technophobe no more = 1500 points (sale price- 200 points off)

Total = 3450 points for 70 items

Oh my Goth compilation total = 3400 points for 69 items.

So, I absolutely love the compilation, and would get it immediately, if I had a small incentive (discount). Hopefully this is like Lunar Lakes, and the discount won't show up for a little while.

From what I know the Technophobe No More does not include the tablet, meaning I wouldn't recommend calculating using that price of the set.

Gothique Living + Sleeping = 950 Simpoints
    - Gothique Living = 750 Simpoints
    - Gothique Sleeping = 400 Simpoints

Steampunk Savvy = 1000 Simpoints

Adding all individual items (without multitab) from Gothique Glamour Living and Home Office (at the moment as there is no full idea how much the set will cost): 1950 Simpoints

So basically based on your logic, it is not worth getting the compilation since the set is on sale for 1500 Simpoints WITH the Multitab included.

They probably based their prices of:

750 Simpoints Gothique Living
    400 Simpoints Gothique Sleeping
    1000 Simpoints Steampunk Savvy
    1800 Simpoints Set Estimated Cost of the Gothique Glamour Set

= 3950

But still with the Combination Set, that would be

950 + 1000 + 1800 = 3750

At the moment, you are better off getting the sets on sale especially the Technophobe Set on discount.
  • Options
    FrancesWeryFrancesWery Posts: 56 Member
    edited May 2012
    I find myself mildly annoyed that the only thing out of this set I really want is the tablet, and I'd have to buy the whole thing to get it. :(
  • Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for explaining, and also for the great pics in your 1st post Azn!