Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of May 2012 Releases- Subsets, Individual Items and links *Cambodian Subsets Added*

Comments

• Options
    TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited May 2012
    @AznSensei

Your right, there really is so many styles of gothic, it originally was architecture like this 800px-Statue_of_Oliver_Cromwell_outside_Palace_of_Westminster.jpgRoyal_Gallery%2C_Palace_of_Westminster.jpg800px-London_-_The_Parliament_-_2779.jpg and there came so many revivals of it, in buildings and dress. But the antique classic gothic is my favorite over the new stuff. :)
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    The subsets make no sense. Why is the desk in the living room one and the dining table in the office one ?

Thanks for posting Azn.

Actually this entire set makes no sense, IMO.

It looks great and is really impressive but it's only "Gothic" because it's black.

And what's with the rugs? What makes these special that we needed new rugs for them?

This seems just slapped together. Lucky it looks good because I'm in a filthy mood today. :lol:

They should have just called it Living and Dining as we pretty much have dining tables >.> and like 2 dining chairs. The atmosphere feels like Living and Dining
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2012
    It's the Gothic Americana one from Pets.

Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out once I reinstall pets. ( Bad pressing of the disk. The game wouldn't install properly. Thankfully EA finally set a replacement. )
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    A-DSC04480.jpg
    Now that is really nice, even I would buy something like that :D

I'm getting so impatient for all these premium items though. First the fryer and ice-cream maker and now this tablet thingy. I want to buy them NOW!!
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited May 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:
    crinrict wrote:
    The subsets make no sense. Why is the desk in the living room one and the dining table in the office one ?

Thanks for posting Azn.

It looks great and is really impressive but it's only "Gothic" because it's black.

And what's with the rugs? What makes these special that we needed new rugs for them?

This seems just slapped together. Lucky it looks good because I'm in a filthy mood today. :lol:

They should have just called it Living and Dining as we pretty much have dining tables >.> and like 2 dining chairs. The atmosphere feels like Living and Dining

:lol:

Yeah, Sleek Living and Dining and Rugs!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I just googled all this and was amazed that some of this is not in the store yet >.<

I actually like this sleek goth look, especially the outfit of the girl with glasses and the first picture of the male.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

Thanks for posting Azn.

:lol:

Yeah, Sleek Living and Dining and Rugs!

:lol::lol:

I do wonder if the rugs are a different size though, which may be why they are sold?
  • Options
    theQueenBtheQueenB Posts: 43 New Member
    edited May 2012
    thanx azn,i always enjoy your post,although i hardly comment,i do enjoy your post!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I just really really love this traditional gothic room 800px-London_-_The_Parliament_-_2779.jpg But i know ill have to make it because EA never will........ To my 3D design tools i go! :lol:
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for this thread, AznSensei. I'm trying to decide if I want to pick apart this set (the bat couches just aren't appealing and there's some other take-it-or-leave-it stuff for me) or if it's worth it to buy it together to save money. Can anyone post recolors of the rugs? I'm not sure if I want to get those if the only difference from base game rugs is the lack of a border. It would be very much appreciated!

Oh, and I'd definitely snap up both the modern and classic gothic clothing people posted. That first outfit with the vest that Azn posted is awesome.
  • Options
    JoolsterJoolster Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited May 2012
    Has anyone noticed that most of the set screenshots show a high round backed chair as long as the square one even though it's not listed in the set? It's got a white quilted pattern on it in the screenshot with the Goths in the living room and it's in full black in one of the other screenies.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I will be gone as of now as I have a performance, so have a good simming day everyone, I hope to see pictures when I come back ^_^
    Has anyone noticed that most of the set screenshots show a high round backed chair as long as the square one even though it's not listed in the set? It's got a white quilted pattern on it in the screenshot with the Goths in the living room and it's in full black in one of the other screenies.

I'm curious too as I want to know if that is a "stencil" or alternative to the chair.
  • Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited May 2012
    AznSensei wrote:

I do wonder if the rugs are a different size though, which may be why they are sold?

I think they are differen't sizes, like 3x3 and the small one ... I dunno.

But it looks like instead of 2 re-colorable options, this one will have one. Like the base-game 2x3 striped rug...

I for one, am happy there's new rugs. It's about bloody time.

Edit: Also, upon looking at pictures, are there new patterns with this set? Or did they just to really good recoloring jobs of existing ones?
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mattnjenn05mattnjenn05 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for posting hun. :) I'm going to collect this one individually since I'm so far behind on getting store sets I want :roll: getting points is taking longer than I hoped. Lol. Can't wait to give my simmies the "iPad" when it's up for individual sale. Wish there were new clothes I'm obsessed with dressing my sims :lol:
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited May 2012
    Joolster wrote:

You are so right! Good eye and good catch!

Azn, awesome post, once again. Thank-you!

~happy simming~
  • Options
    starnexstarnex Posts: 329 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the links :-)

I love the tablet (though not sure if its a bit too cheaty for my liking, sure there will be a mod to change that though). If it were for individual sale I'd buy it right now but in a few weeks I'll probably decide not to. =/ silly system, I don't want the rest of the set no matter how awesome it is.
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited May 2012
    starnex wrote:
    Thanks for the links :-)

I love the tablet (though not sure if its a bit too cheaty for my liking, sure there will be a mod to change that though). If it were for individual sale I'd buy it right now but in a few weeks I'll probably decide not to. =/ silly system, I don't want the rest of the set no matter how awesome it is.

The system is ridiculous. I like the entire set but I can't afford it, so I was planning on getting a couple of items and the PC... but now I'm not sure about it :?
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    probably the only item I wont use all the time from this set is the PC item, but that aside I just love the set.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Joolster--

7FnUx.jpg

You mean the circled chair?

I don't think that's a re-color of anything already available to simmers. This should be included in the set IMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Tojax wrote:

The system is ridiculous. I like the entire set but I can't afford it
    You and me both, Tojax.

I dunno about buying individually or not.
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited May 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

I think they are differen't sizes, like 3x3 and the small one ... I dunno.

But it looks like instead of 2 re-colorable options, this one will have one. Like the base-game 2x3 striped rug...

I for one, am happy there's new rugs. It's about bloody time.

Edit: Also, upon looking at pictures, are there new patterns with this set? Or did they just to really good recoloring jobs of existing ones?

SimGuruTatertot mentioned something about there being new wall paper in this set, so my guess is that the patterns are new (the ones he was talking about)
    sigg.gif

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I know this is really random but...... I found this online and died :shock: tumblr_l4yapkmjek1qcyzqio1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Darksim8Darksim8 Posts: 784 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I really like this set, it's really sleek and modern. Just not sure if it's worth 1,500 simpoints...... :?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Darksim8 wrote:
    I really like this set, it's really sleek and modern. Just not sure if it's worth 1,500 simpoints...... :?

I sort of agree, sort of.... I think I'm 50/50.

There's 1 item of PC and this set is only 300 sim points cheaper than the Fiesta set that had 2 PCs.

On the other hand, you're getting (I believe) 2 completely new meshes in this with the rugs and at least 2 new patterns.

Does it make it worth the 1,500 pts? I sure hope so, I want to believe so. But I don't own it so I couldn't say since I haven't seen it in-game.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited May 2012
    petalbot wrote:

SimGuruTatertot mentioned something about there being new wall paper in this set, so my guess is that the patterns are new (the ones he was talking about)

I just busted open the files and there are no new pattern files included. Lemme have a poke around to see if there are that were installed another way. Back in a sec.