Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of May 2012 Releases- Subsets, Individual Items and links *Cambodian Subsets Added*

Comments

• Options
    ladyCryptntladyCryptnt Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2012
    petalbot wrote:
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:
    SimGuruTatertot mentioned something about there being new wall paper in this set, so my guess is that the patterns are new (the ones he was talking about)

I wonder if he meant the wall sculpture that looks like new wallpaper
  • Options
    PEACHES327PEACHES327 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited May 2012

Look at the rugs in the original picture that was leaked. The patterns on those rugs are new. I don't see how they'd regard the wall sculpture as a new pattern. :?

Mr. Hawk, try "Abstract" and "Fabrics" or even "themes" those would be my first thought to where to locate the new patterns.
    Please Visit My Sims 3 & 4 Blog! studiopeaches.blogspot.com
  • Options
    petalbotpetalbot Posts: 1,423 Member
    edited May 2012
    Well, I hope they are new, or at least the rugs are of a different size than the ones we already have, otherwise there is no reason to buy them.
    sigg.gif

• Options
    edited May 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:

Look at the rugs in the original picture that was leaked. The patterns on those rugs are new. I don't see how they'd regard the wall sculpture as a new pattern. :?

Mr. Hawk, try "Abstract" and "Fabrics" or even "themes" those would be my first thought to where to locate the new patterns.

I didn't mean that the pattern came from the wall sculpture just that I thought when tatertot mentioned in his blog about a new wallpaper he meant the sculpture I wondered if maybe the rugs had a new pattern not a wall :(
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2012
    seadramon wrote:
    Now we need Gothic kitchen and bath (I hope Store team will make it for as).
    I'm so happy for this set. As long as there is dominated by female clothes can be. Waiting for more men's clothes.

Hell YEA!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    petalbot wrote:
    Well, I hope they are new, or at least the rugs are of a different size than the ones we already have, otherwise there is no reason to buy them.

I agree. Although, to me the bigger rug looks to be a 3x3... I have no clue about the second rug. :?:
  • Options
    edited May 2012

I didn't mean that the pattern came from the wall sculpture just that I thought when tatertot mentioned in his blog about a new wallpaper he meant the sculpture I wondered if maybe the rugs had a new pattern not a wall :(

I gotcha. Sorry, I must have read wrong on your other post.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited May 2012
    TDC95 wrote:
    I was wishing for clothes like this MTS2_sherahbim_713812_front_page.jpg oh-well, have you noticed EA doesn't really make any dresses with fuller skirts? :?

I know--I hope EA starts making some istorical clothing, too. :cry:
    In the mean time, a conversion of that dress was done by Kiara24 at MTS in 2 versions:
    V1: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=429015
    V2: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424952
    If you're interested.... :oops:
    AznSensei wrote:
    @TDC95, that looks more like a traditional classic style of goth. When it comes to a sleek goth style, I was feeling this:

tumblr_lao7m7fn6p1qam7dk.jpg

tumblr_lao7r2gztv1qam7dk.jpg

A-DSC04480.jpg

kim-kardashian-2-300x400.jpg

0126GarethPugh.jpg

101219_cnn_sebastiano_1.jpg
    AnzSensei--you just defined my personal kind of fashion with 5 simple pictures--thank you so much! :thumbup: I would die is we got those clothes! 8) EA--art thou listeningeth!?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:

You're right. He may very well have been referring to the wall sculpture (the one that looks kind of like curtains)
    sigg.gif

• Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hmmmmmm ok.

No new patterns.

Bad news? The rug patterns are static. By that I mean they have four colours in the pattern (two for the largest one). You can recolour each part but can't have a solid colour for any of the rugs. You'll still be left with the outline of the pattern :(

The wall sculpture is a black curtain on a rail. Nothing special and should have been put in the curtains section.

Overall I think this is a letdown, especially with the missing chair that's in the picture.

BOO!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:

I gotcha. Sorry, I must have read wrong on your other post.

no worries :) I should have explained what I meant the first time hehe just typical me no matter if it's in person or on line I always say things backwards >^.^<
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Hmmmmmm ok.

No new patterns.

Bad news? The rug patterns are static. By that I mean they have four colours in the pattern (two for the largest one). You can recolour each part but can't have a solid colour for any of the rugs. You'll still be left with the outline of the pattern :(

The wall sculpture is a black curtain on a rail. Nothing special and should have been put in the curtains section.

Overall I think this is a letdown, especially with the missing chair that's in the picture.

BOO!!!!

That is some seriously sad news.

I was worried about that missing chair. Definitely want to know why EA left that out. :?

And then, I'm disappointed in those rugs. I was hoping they were fully CAS-able.

What are their dimensions, out of curiosity? Are they any different than what we already have in-game?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    And BOO!!!!!!!!! The vase is broken and can't be recoloured. You just end up with the "style is invalid, please select a new style before continuing".

BOO!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Awe well that is dissapointing about the recolors on the rugs and vase :( Thank you for checking that out MrHawk :)
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Hmmmmmm ok.

No new patterns.

BOO!!!!
    Are the rugs, at least new size? Or existing rugs with stencils? By the way thanks for adding to the "Be less stupid." hadn't checked for awhile and was pleasantly surprised. Also nabbed the 4 new collections additions. Yeah! keep up the good work.
    Me
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited May 2012
    I want that tablet D: But I'm not that interested in the whole set. Why can't it be individual sale.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Quizeburio wrote:
    I want that tablet D: But I'm not that interested in the whole set. Why can't it be individual sale.

it's a [poor] sales tactic. They want you to impulse-buy the set in it's entirety for more money.

You have to wait 2 or more weeks for the set to be broken up into individual purchases.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    No prob gngrsnp. Will try to add this "Goth" set too but may wait until they fix the vase.

The rugs are:
    Frigophobia 4x4 (only new size) w/ 4 colour channels
    Baraphobia 6x2 (best stencil) w/ 4 colour channels
    Illyngophobia 5x3 w/ 2 colour channels
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited May 2012
    PEACHES327 wrote:
    Quizeburio wrote:

it's a [poor] sales tactic. They want you to impulse-buy the set in it's entirety for more money.

You have to wait 2 or more weeks for the set to be broken up into individual purchases.
    Oh well I'll be waiting then. :lol:
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for posting the pictures and info. I am not very good at waiting on new sets, so I'll probably be purchasing them later.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hmmm...that is bad news. I might just pick up the items I really want individually then.
    sigg.gif

• Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited May 2012
    Once again, thank you Sensei. I love your 'heads ups' hugs
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2012
    Question. If we download a toddler book on the tablet can we read it to our toddler? You can do it in real life with a kindle and an Ipad. Say it works like the books. Anyone tried?
    Also, like every one else the tablet is the main hurrah. Like the frame on the tv. Will wait for it. As compared to the fiesta set and the Indian which had many new, different and exciting items to add to game.
    Next month, I guess.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    petalbot wrote:
    Hmmm...that is bad news. I might just pick up the items I really want individually then.
    Me, too.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2012
    Well - I for one love this set and thank Roundheaded for gifting it to me. I love the Goth families - I have many Generations - so this is just what all my newest Goth generations need to get out of the "dark ages" of the old set. Plus I notice it goes reall nicely with Haute Hip bed set to round off my new Goth Generations household. For kitchen i just recolored my Steampunk kitchen stuff (black, white, and gold) and it fits nicely seeing I had not used my Steam punk Kitchen in a Goth household yet. Bathroom was no problem either - but I would like an errie kind of nursery and kids room. Think Adams family EA!!!!

But love this set for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....