Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of May 2012 Releases- Subsets, Individual Items and links *Cambodian Subsets Added*

Comments

• Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited May 2012
    wait a minute here, the tablet is listed in the technophobe set! my friend just gifted it to me i would hate to think it wasnt in there when thats fully what we expected.
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited May 2012
    i just went into my game and the tablet is in the set :) whew what a relief
  • Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2012
    I tried the tablet thing. Unfortunately, I tested this object out in my test world that is completely empty. My Sim kept trying to use the tablet autonomously, over and over and over again until forced her to stop. But, if I directed her to read a book, she did. If I directed her to listen to a Tabcast, she just tuned the tablet off...?

I'm going for some dinner so I can't test more. Anyone else having problems?!
  • Options
    dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2012
    I find myself mildly annoyed that the only thing out of this set I really want is the tablet, and I'd have to buy the whole thing to get it. :(

If you wait about a week or so, you'll be able to buy it individually. I know, kinda stinks.

EDIT: The Technophobe No More set, DOES include the tablet.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited May 2012
    blewis823 wrote:
    I am thinking the same thing here about making an Addams family home with the set. I loved that show when I was a little girl, Morticia was my favorite.

High fives! :D
    I am addicted to Angelica Houston's rendition, though, honestly. :oops: She was creepier. :lol:
  • Options
    HippieChic82HippieChic82 Posts: 41
    edited May 2012
    I bought this set and the technophobe sims are still getting the technophobe moodlet. I'm confused....
  • Options
    MBernishMBernish Posts: 2,122 New Member
    edited May 2012
    The moment when you're playing Sims on a tablet PC, and your Sims are playing The Sims on their tablet PCs.

Simception.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2012
    krimsonnox wrote:
    wait a minute here, the tablet is listed in the technophobe set! my friend just gifted it to me i would hate to think it wasnt in there when thats fully what we expected.

Oh My Goth! Compilation does not include the Tablet

The Technophobe No More Set includes the Tablet

Hope that clarifies anything.

Also, you HAVE to have the Bookstore Rabbithole in order to purchase books online and use it. Otherwise, it does not work.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited May 2012
    I really like the Technophobe Set, I remember voting for that tablet in the survey, but unfortunately it's way out of my price range right now (even with the sale).

I'll wait till the tablet is available along and hopefully can pick that up, it looks like it'll fun for our simmies. :)
  • Options
    markydeemarkydee Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I have a Q. regarding the Hyelophobia Horror Chair.. Is it recolorable? Especially the transparent part of it?

It'd be sad if not. I can't always use a black chair for everything. :cry:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'll check for you in a bit Markydee

Edit:

BOTH the transparent color and the seat is recolorable ^_^

Screenshot-93.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    BOTH the transparent color and the seat is recolorable ^_^

Yes!!! *phew* :lol:
    Thanks so much AznSensei! ^-^

And thanks for putting these threads up whenever new stuff come out. Such great, great help for all of us. :mrgreen:
    EA should be seriously paying you. :lol:

• Options
    edited May 2012
    WOW! :shock: Just did a little math and the whole set (by that I mean the prices of each individual item summed up including the PC item) actually comes up for 2450! :shock:

:shock: That's $9.50 savings rather buying each thing individually (with the current discount)! Thank you EA! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2012
    murfeel wrote:
    blewis823 wrote:
    I am thinking the same thing here about making an Addams family home with the set. I loved that show when I was a little girl, Morticia was my favorite.

High fives! :D
    I am addicted to Angelica Houston's rendition, though, honestly. :oops: She was creepier. :lol:

Yes, Angelica's was very creepy, but I am a big fan so I appreciated that version too. I really loved the original show so much that my mom said that I would mimic Morticia around the house and wouldn't put the costume I got for Halloween away. Wore it everyday. :-)

High five's back at you!
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Photos of my Goth Manor Remake so far, tell me what you think of the exterior too! I'm still working on it

I just can't seem to find a good spot for those skinny windows >.<

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot-4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    This is my Series of Recolors of the "Batman" Couch, they are also in my studio.

Screenshot-1.jpg

Also, here are the three rugs and their sizes.

The Red one has a nice 3-d ish stencil look to it, the black one is very glass-like feel when adding it to a home. As for the white one, I'm iffy about

Screenshot-2-1.jpg
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    This is my Series of Recolors of the "Batman" Couch, they are also in my studio.

Screenshot-1.jpg

Also, here are the three rugs and their sizes.

The Red one has a nice 3-d ish stencil look to it, the black one is very glass-like feel when adding it to a home. As for the white one, I'm iffy about

Screenshot-2-1.jpg
    Thankyou for better pictures of the rug. Are those the three colors stencils they only come in? Love seeing the couch in varied colors. The house is coming along nice. Maybe the slim windows for the bath for privacy?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Unfortunately, they are much like all of the items in the set as there's only "one" color/stencil of each of them.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited May 2012
    Lately there have been quite a few really good sets.I especially love the tablet.
  • Options
    ZoePCZoePC Posts: 43
    edited May 2012
    Hey everyone!

Well, I would love to have your opinions to whether I should buy the Fabulous Fiesta Set or the Technophobe No More Set?

Oh and AznSensei, Are you going to put your Goth Manor Remake on the exchange? It looks amazing, well done :)
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited May 2012
    blewis823 wrote:
    Yes, Angelica's was very creepy, but I am a big fan so I appreciated that version too. I really loved the original show so much that my mom said that I would mimic Morticia around the house and wouldn't put the costume I got for Halloween away. Wore it everyday. :-) High five's back at you!

:shock: Oh man, I'm so jealous that you had a Morticia costume! I could never find one, so I always dressed up like a vampire or a widow in all black instead. :roll:

EA--there's another outfit you could do; Morticia's dress is sickening! :thumbup:
  • Options
    HippieChic82HippieChic82 Posts: 41
    edited May 2012
    I tried the tablet thing. Unfortunately, I tested this object out in my test world that is completely empty. My Sim kept trying to use the tablet autonomously, over and over and over again until forced her to stop. But, if I directed her to read a book, she did. If I directed her to listen to a Tabcast, she just tuned the tablet off...?

I am. I bought this set because I hate technophobe sims and it doesn't do crap, the technophobe sims still get a negative moodlet using the stuff from this set.
  • Options
    ohhjulietohhjuliet Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited May 2012
    LOVE your Goth Manor... keep us posted if you decide to upload it!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ZoePC wrote:
    Hey everyone!

Well, I would love to have your opinions to whether I should buy the Fabulous Fiesta Set or the Technophobe No More Set?

Oh and AznSensei, Are you going to put your Goth Manor Remake on the exchange? It looks amazing, well done :)

Unfortunately, since the individual items are not "officially" announced, the exchange will not recognize my uploads, making them unuploadable until 2 weeks from now.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

I am. I bought this set because I hate technophobe sims and it doesn't do crap, the technophobe sims still get a negative moodlet using the stuff from this set.

Because it still is a technological item, meaning you will have that negative moodlet if you have it on a technophobe sim.....

Please read the manual, especially the moodlets provided from the item found here:

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:50554&categoryId=13062