Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TROPICA-Test Version Uploaded-Pg. 1

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited June 2013
    Elmawa wrote:
    I will give it a shot either tomorrow or tuesday, provided IP doesn't bork my game. RGM stands for Random Gem and Metal I believe. When you use Buydebug in game you can find that spawner and I think it has a description that says it spawns random gems and metals.

How long are you testing this version?

Thanks for clarifying. :D I plan on testing however long it takes. No rush. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Elmawa wrote:
    Also, a custard scan revealed two patterns and a house. Do you know if the patterns are simply CAP patterns? And what of the house? The description says that it's "a modern house built for the mysterious vampire like celebrity. He moved into this 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom home and mysteriously died. He is known to haunt this home. This home is 3 stories lots of decks and outdoor living. fishing"

Just wondering so I don't get any unwanted CC before I install this :)

Hmmmmm....interesting. I know I made some patterns, and I know that would be all I used. Also, all of the lots in this world were made by me. I have one library made by lucyena from a build request team. I remember I made a vampire house awhile back, but I never use CC, so I don't know how it got in there, besides that house isn't even in the world! That is so weird though because that is the exact description of that said home. I will do some investigating into that, as well as scan it myself with custard. Thanks for pointing that out Elmawa. I failed to tell Reg to maybe scan it just to be sure. Still bothers me though. :? :?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I did not end up getting it installed we got hit by some fierce storms and I hgad to get off the pc all night - but Elmawa if it is showing a house I have a feeling it is corrupt - I have not yet checked the file or did anything with it yet so I haven't seen it myself but from the description I would guess there is a ghost in that house and ghosts cannot be put in CAW or it will corrupt the whole game - from what I have always been taught anyway. So if that is the case AHenrich need to remove that house and perhaps offer it as a separate download for users to download and install their selves.

But we need him to respond as we really have nothing to go by but that description and the fact Custard is showing it. I'd wait and see what he says.

I just stop by myself to let him know I never got the chance to do anything but download it to my desktop when we lost power. Unbelieveable storm as bad as a hurricane with mega lightening and thunder and water falling so hard you could even see out the window. Our power is back but very blinky. So I can't even stay on here until they get it back up to full power anyway. But I would wait for an answer if I was you as custard would not pinpoint that house for nothing.

Okay I just ran the download through custard too and see the two pattern and the house - if you click on each pattern you can see they are really simple patters - they show in custard. The house is not showing as corrupted - so I have no clue why it show one house in a world fun of them. That is freaky - but it is definitely not indicating anything is wrong with it - as it is a white file - if it was a red file then it would have an issue - but because I have never seen custard do this in a world - to be safe I would maybe wait until Ahenrich responds maybe - but it is up to you. It would be my guess though perhaps those two patterns are in that house and that is why custard showed the house. I just have never known it to do that - but who knows. But where they are white and say nothing else it does not appear to be trouble - I just don't know.

Storming here right now. Nothing beats a morning thunderstorm. Oh, okay. That does clarify it. There is in fact a ghost in that house. But I almost 100% positve that this house is not in the world. Would CAP show up as CC? That is what I used to make the few that I have. But I will go look for that house and try to fix it and upload a new verison. Thanks guys. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    simmy12 wrote:
    Which expansion packs have you used?

This is an everything world. So all eps. It may be functional without some eps, but the lots may disappear. The world still might function though, unless you do not have very many eps.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The house is no where to be found in the world. Could it somehow attach itself? This is really very perplexing. I'll go through all the lots and see if maybe it just is invisible but there.

Edit: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4062334 This is the house that is showing up in custard. The thing with this house is that I made it prior to getting this computer, so if I uninstall it from my launcher, would it disappear from the world?
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2013
    It should, if you remove it from the game it should not attach itself to the world file. That is really weird though that the house is showing up w/o being in the world.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    That is definitely a sign of an attachment - so you will need to uninstall it from your game period - you can make sure it is in your studio, just not in your game anywhere - the only way to make sure it is not in your game might be to reset your sims 3 folder and have the game regenerate a brand new folder - then reinstall your store content (just to be safe I would also back up you CAW folder while you are doing this by making a copy of that whole folder and saving that either to your desktop or where ever you save back ups - just in case anyway - better to be safe than sorry. But once your game regenerates a new sims 3 folder and you have your store content back in the game - then it should be safe to make a new save for your world to mediafire that should be totally clean of all stuff but the store content. It won't even have any patterns in there or attachments or shouldn't. It is a pain but the only way you can be sure your files are clean as a whistle. Do not re-add any save games, or anything but your store content. Once the world is back up it should be clean. Then let us know the new link. I will delete this one.

I am still not sure if I will get to install this as hubby says there is still a chance for more storms to rumble through in a few hours - but for now we are good. I will just check back here periodically. In the meantime I am going to go reset my own Sims 3 folder as I was told that if I do that I will stop having so many issues with the new patch. Seeing I own the whole store - this might take me a while - I don't see how this can help, but hey I will try anything not to get a freeze. I am not used to the Sims 3 acting up on me - so I hope it works.

Catch you all later.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2013
    good luck Reg. I seen a weather report earlier this evening that showed a huge store system heading through IL and that area, wonder if that's the same system you had pass through...it looked just wicked! Up here in MN we didn't get much, just some rain, blazing hot today though :)

I get IP in 45 mins...can't wait! c'mon midnight! Once again I bet I will be the only person in my lil town in Walmart at midnight for a sims release lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Elmawa wrote:
    It should, if you remove it from the game it should not attach itself to the world file. That is really weird though that the house is showing up w/o being in the world.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will have to try Reg's way as it will not uninstall due to "dependents?"
    Elmawa wrote:
    good luck Reg. I seen a weather report earlier this evening that showed a huge store system heading through IL and that area, wonder if that's the same system you had pass through...it looked just wicked! Up here in MN we didn't get much, just some rain, blazing hot today though :)

I get IP in 45 mins...can't wait! c'mon midnight! Once again I bet I will be the only person in my lil town in Walmart at midnight for a sims release lol

Stormed and rained all day here in Nebraska. We needed it bad though. And the rest of the weeks looks to be 98, 97, 100.... and so on.... :mrgreen:

And that is pretty exciting :lol::lol: Walmart at midnight is always fun. ;) I ordered mine through orgin and is downloading now. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    That is definitely a sign of an attachment - so you will need to uninstall it from your game period - you can make sure it is in your studio, just not in your game anywhere - the only way to make sure it is not in your game might be to reset your sims 3 folder and have the game regenerate a brand new folder - then reinstall your store content (just to be safe I would also back up you CAW folder while you are doing this by making a copy of that whole folder and saving that either to your desktop or where ever you save back ups - just in case anyway - better to be safe than sorry. But once your game regenerates a new sims 3 folder and you have your store content back in the game - then it should be safe to make a new save for your world to mediafire that should be totally clean of all stuff but the store content. It won't even have any patterns in there or attachments or shouldn't. It is a pain but the only way you can be sure your files are clean as a whistle. Do not re-add any save games, or anything but your store content. Once the world is back up it should be clean. Then let us know the new link. I will delete this one.

I am still not sure if I will get to install this as hubby says there is still a chance for more storms to rumble through in a few hours - but for now we are good. I will just check back here periodically. In the meantime I am going to go reset my own Sims 3 folder as I was told that if I do that I will stop having so many issues with the new patch. Seeing I own the whole store - this might take me a while - I don't see how this can help, but hey I will try anything not to get a freeze. I am not used to the Sims 3 acting up on me - so I hope it works.

Catch you all later.

Thanks for the detailed instructions Reg. :D I will get to work on that....maybe after I try out IP tomorrow. :lol: Really want to build a resort. Heck, that is the only reason I play the game is to build. :mrgreen: Anyways, hope you are staying safe. Storms have been nasty this year.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited July 2013
    Sorry I got behind on checking threads do you still need a tester????
  • Options
    vermesbryvermesbry Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    Any update on this world?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    .................hi guys. Still here, the world doesn't seem to want to upload though. It is a 100% done, I just can't get it to upload. I am considering just uploading it on a file sharing website, but I would really like to upload it to the exchange. I have a break in a few weeks, so hopefully I can work out the kinks and get it uploaded then.
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2014
    Just checking in on the world status. Love this world! You did an amazing job on it!! This is the size and layout that Roaring Heights should have been! The test version I downloaded didn't have any surf in the water at the beaches. I'm guessing that is something you have added since. :) LOVE it.. can't wait to play it! Please upload a mediafire link. <3
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    webdznr wrote:
    Just checking in on the world status. Love this world! You did an amazing job on it!! This is the size and layout that Roaring Heights should have been! The test version I downloaded didn't have any surf in the water at the beaches. I'm guessing that is something you have added since. :) LOVE it.. can't wait to play it! Please upload a mediafire link. <3

hi :mrgreen:

Thank you for testing it! I will be adding the surf now that you reminded me. :lol::lol: I am still working a little on it. It seems to have a kink as it will not upload to the launcher. I will definitely add a mediafire link if I cannot get it up to the exchange.