Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TROPICA-Test Version Uploaded-Pg. 1

Comments

• Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Well I have been checking around and they are saying the new stilt house building and blue print stuff is good and stable so far - this is from a few experienced builders trying them out - but of course in a world and not in CAW. I would definitely wait though until you have IP it self before I would attempt messing with it in your world. Previous history has taught me that the patched in stuff may sometimes have kinks that get rectified with the install of the ep. I am sure after all this work you most definitely do not want to get kinks in this world - but it does sound like a wonderful idea to add the new stuff to your world. I know Rflong plans on doing that - but she will be going on Vacation for 2 weeks before we hear how stable it really is. I might suggest you checking with Auntie Lynds as well as go to modthesims and look for CAW posts from Simsample and Kiwi Tea as they know more about CAW and keeping things up to date than anyone. You can trust what they say for sure.

I do not think you would really hurt anything to wait on any final release of this world - in fact it might be even better in a few weeks after people start getting a little used to the new IP and get tired of the 100 percent Island all the time thing - will be looking for new worlds featuring the new stuff. So it might be a great idea to wait.

Yes, the Uni parking is a godsend from what I have heard. It brings the town to life without the negative of over flow of abandoned cars. Rflong says it has made a big difference and works well.

Sure I can check out anything. I don't use mods or CC - so you get to know how things work without helpmates. Right this minute the only things I am missing from the store is the brand new dance studio that came out today and about 28 pieces of clothing way back in the beginning of sims 3 that I just never cared much for. I have all sets though from early - it was single purchase items mostly. Clothing is never an issue anyway. But I even have all the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile stuff - all EA's free stuff and pre-order gifts but one race car. I even have sweet treats. hehehe

ETA -Well I take that back - I do seem to have the brand new Dance studio - I was just gifted it by my dear friend Cathy. So I again can say I have everything which means nothing made by EA is out of my reach to test in your world.

Well off to go make a short report to Rflong - will check with you later.

I was thinking maybe just releasing an IP edition and go ahead with the release as planned. IP will add a lot of gameplay, and a lot of simmers hear might not have access to it right away which might make the world a little confusing with the resort like buildings.

I will check out what they have to say. Thank you for suggesting them to me.

And if Rflong says it is good, then it must be good. :D

I guess maybe a big thing that I am always worried about with my worlds is having too many or too little spawners. Maybe you could let me know if it seems to lag a lot due to that fact. Maybe purchase the collection finder as well and see if it seems to be too many. If there is, that should be an easy fix. Just deleting them from the panel.

And I haven't heard anything about a dance studio, I will have to go check that out.

Heading to CAW now, thanks again for the help Reg. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    What I do when I am testing is put on testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug on and test lots when I start seeing spawners spawning to see how many are on a lot and to make sure there are not any layers of spawners which can sometimes happen.

Believe me there is very little I can't check that creators can do anyway. Sometimes EA buildings are a pain with all their 'must use cheat codes" business to check them out but I know how to check most things and have a good idea what to look for with different forms of lag as well. Believe it or not different things create different kinds and degrees of lag so sometimes I already know what kind of trouble I am looking for.

Anyway if you are ready to test now - that is fine too. We can test this, and then test the IP version too later if that is the way you want to do it. Just say the word and I will do my level best to be there.

Yep when Rflong says something is good, she is always right about it in my view.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    What I do when I am testing is put on testingcheatsenabled true and buydebug on and test lots when I start seeing spawners spawning to see how many are on a lot and to make sure there are not any layers of spawners which can sometimes happen.

Believe me there is very little I can't check that creators can do anyway. Sometimes EA buildings are a pain with all their 'must use cheat codes" business to check them out but I know how to check most things and have a good idea what to look for with different forms of lag as well. Believe it or not different things create different kinds and degrees of lag so sometimes I already know what kind of trouble I am looking for.

Anyway if you are ready to test now - that is fine too. We can test this, and then test the IP version too later if that is the way you want to do it. Just say the word and I will do my level best to be there.

Yep when Rflong says something is good, she is always right about it in my view.

Hi Reg,
    Sorry it took so long to get back. I didn't get on forums last night. I was in game for a few hours and got all of the lots done and named. I had a question though and maybe you can answer it. In CAW you have the option of making a lot designated as a theatre, but in edit game of CAW, you don't have as near as many options. Most of my lots are just visitors allowed besides a few special ones. Do I need to go back and change them in order for the world to function properly.

And it sounds like you'll be doing a very thorough job. Really glad you are doing this for me.

I have to add a few last spawners, and if I don't need to change the lots, it should be up tonight. I'll post it here. Just whenever you have some time feel free to go and test it. No rush. :mrgreen:

Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Maybe not tonight now. CAW is open and keeps crashing and freezing. I will try one more time, if not I will see tomorrow morning if it works. If not I may have to update.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well the way I would list it if it is a rabbithole, just make it no visitors allowed - all the other community lots make visitors allowed and the game will specify most of the time for you anyway if you at least do that. All the store Venues including the Theater Venue need Visitors allowed - in case that is the theater you are speaking of.

I think there is crashing in the air tonight as all I keep doing over in Rflongs world tonight is having a hard freeze - only in my case it will neither crash or unfreeze. It is hard to crash my pc - but this freeze is being a real pain. I don't know what to make of it. I think I am going to have to restart a new save and clean my caches.

So no problem I'll get yours when you have it ready - in the meantime I can try and see if I can't figure out what on heavens name is going on here with this one. Rflong is on her trip so no way to see what she sees. Well at least I have plenty of time to figure it out. hehehe
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Well the way I would list it if it is a rabbithole, just make it no visitors allowed - all the other community lots make visitors allowed and the game will specify most of the time for you anyway if you at least do that. All the store Venues including the Theater Venue need Visitors allowed - in case that is the theater you are speaking of.

I think there is crashing in the air tonight as all I keep doing over in Rflongs world tonight is having a hard freeze - only in my case it will neither crash or unfreeze. It is hard to crash my pc - but this freeze is being a real pain. I don't know what to make of it. I think I am going to have to restart a new save and clean my caches.

So no problem I'll get yours when you have it ready - in the meantime I can try and see if I can't figure out what on heavens name is going on here with this one. Rflong is on her trip so no way to see what she sees. Well at least I have plenty of time to figure it out. hehehe

Alright, well I will redouble check to be sure that the lots are all specified. Thanks for the tip, Reg. I got it today to finally work. I think it was my laptop as it went crazy with updates this morning. Hope your computer is working better as well. Lol Yes, it sounds like you have plenty of time. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    OpelSpeedsterOpelSpeedster Posts: 72 New Member
    edited June 2013
    That city looks neat! Unfortunaly I won't be able to get it as it might feature some contents from EPs I don't have, as I only have Late Night and High-End Loft.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yeah the problem with my pc is the new IP patch - I am hearing once I install IP that many of my issues will go away. So take your time - I really need this not to freeze up on me like it is doing to test right. We have a tracking number and it said my game was shipped Friday night - so I will get it by 10 am here on Tuesday at the latest - that's here in the East coast of the USA in New Hampshire. I am hoping it is early and I can get it Monday - but I am never that lucky. hehehe

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    That city looks neat! Unfortunaly I won't be able to get it as it might feature some contents from EPs I don't have, as I only have Late Night and High-End Loft.

Actually, it just might work. I am uploading a test version tonight or tomorrow. You can sure download it and give it a try. All of the "high rises" are from late night. The rest might be replaced by object from the base game. You'll lose some gameplay, but I think the world should still work great for you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Yeah the problem with my pc is the new IP patch - I am hearing once I install IP that many of my issues will go away. So take your time - I really need this not to freeze up on me like it is doing to test right. We have a tracking number and it said my game was shipped Friday night - so I will get it by 10 am here on Tuesday at the latest - that's here in the East coast of the USA in New Hampshire. I am hoping it is early and I can get it Monday - but I am never that lucky. hehehe

So you did update, or no? And I agree completely. I recall back in September there was problem like this. It would always freeze or never save, so the game was pretty much unplayable. I hope you do get it tomorrow. :) If so, you'll have to let me know how it is. I decided to preorder as well since you get Barnacle Bay with it. I've always wanted that pirate ship bistro. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just read that Target released it early. How evil. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yes I did patch once I finished the two other worlds I was testing. It is having a lot of issues from freezing to all the bartender bars causing a jump bug if the sims order food or a drink - to issues if a lot and fence is not 2-3 spaces away from a road or sidewalk. Big headache. The freeze actually looks like a pause as the plumbob just keeps spinning only it never unfreezes eventually. It started out unfreezing after a minute or two but the longer you played the longer the freezes get until they won't unfreeze at all. There are other issues to and where you have a number of LN buildings I definitely need the problems with the patch to stop as a lot of problems I was seeing involved LN building from elevators to their front doors. Which we did have an issue with before - then it was fixed - then it happened again - then fixed again - well it's worse than ever. I had sims stuck in the Vampire Highrise in the Level B! bar - could not even check the Penthouse bar, and sims who had managed to get out of the bar couldn't all get out the front door - some were stuck in the walls on either side of the front door - so they walked right through the walls. Those buildings have always been a bit cranky but never this bad. Never mind any kind of fences or anything else having issue - and some simmers are also report sims including zombies walking on water when they have tried the new pole on builds. I have not tried those but I have seen pictures of what is happeneing over in the IP bug thread with the new patch. My problem is the bars and the freezes that won't even now allow my sim to leave the house. The longer you play the worse the freeze is getting.

ETA I do know we had a number of problems with Showtime and Supernaturals patches and a lot of issue dissolved after we installed the eps. So I am actually afraid to do anything about the issue if there is a chance installing the ep will fix it. I just know I cannot get into any game I have started and have to keep starting new and within a few sims days then that save gets borked also.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I saw that - but seems the early realease was in South America from what another simmer said - Brazil I think they said. Others her claimed to have tried Target as some did have the game out, but they refused to sell it yet. So I guess it depends on where you live.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Yes I did patch once I finished the two other worlds I was testing. It is having a lot of issues from freezing to all the bartender bars causing a jump bug if the sims order food or a drink - to issues if a lot and fence is not 2-3 spaces away from a road or sidewalk. Big headache. The freeze actually looks like a pause as the plumbob just keeps spinning only it never unfreezes eventually. It started out unfreezing after a minute or two but the longer you played the longer the freezes get until they won't unfreeze at all. There are other issues to and where you have a number of LN buildings I definitely need the problems with the patch to stop as a lot of problems I was seeing involved LN building from elevators to their front doors. Which we did have an issue with before - then it was fixed - then it happened again - then fixed again - well it's worse than ever. I had sims stuck in the Vampire Highrise in the Level B! bar - could not even check the Penthouse bar, and sims who had managed to get out of the bar couldn't all get out the front door - some were stuck in the walls on either side of the front door - so they walked right through the walls. Those buildings have always been a bit cranky but never this bad. Never mind any kind of fences or anything else having issue - and some simmers are also report sims including zombies walking on water when they have tried the new pole on builds. I have not tried those but I have seen pictures of what is happeneing over in the IP bug thread with the new patch. My problem is the bars and the freezes that won't even now allow my sim to leave the house. The longer you play the worse the freeze is getting.

ETA I do know we had a number of problems with Showtime and Supernaturals patches and a lot of issue dissolved after we installed the eps. So I am actually afraid to do anything about the issue if there is a chance installing the ep will fix it. I just know I cannot get into any game I have started and have to keep starting new and within a few sims days then that save gets borked also.

Sounds like a mess to me. :lol: That pesky error with those high rises is enough to drive a person crazy. Serious lag. Not to mention the freezing and unfreezing. I have experienced that before as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I saw that - but seems the early realease was in South America from what another simmer said - Brazil I think they said. Others her claimed to have tried Target as some did have the game out, but they refused to sell it yet. So I guess it depends on where you live.

Well, I guess if they get it, lucky them. I'll be glad when Tuesday gets here. :D

Also, I am trying to upload the test version now to mediafire. The world should be all good to go. I think I'll be adding the guard rails after we confirm that all errors are fix. I'm to eager to see this in game than to add those right now. :lol: Will post the link here when completed. Test it whenver. Thanks again. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Also, two quick questions that I will worry about later as well.

What is the RGM spawner?

And is there an alien spawner?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No alien spawner - but you can make aliens more prone to appear in a area that has meteorite on a lot. I think you need 3 - a small, a medium and a large that have all been analyzed - but leave them in the yard and aliens are prone to visit during the night - they are attracted to the meteorites - and check the rocks out. I am not sure what the other spawner means. Try googling that name. I have never seen anyone use that term.

The only thing I can see on this site is an Egyptian RGM spawner but still have no clue what that is.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Well I downloaded it, but not sure if it will play on my pc with this patch issue - but will be able to try it in a couple hours. If I start getting issues because of the patch, I will stop and wait for the IP ep and see if that does not fix it.

Here is a thread, an older one anyway about these spawners, I even have a post in there but they talk about them - maybe you can figure it out from this.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/185894.page

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2013
    I will give it a shot either tomorrow or tuesday, provided IP doesn't bork my game. RGM stands for Random Gem and Metal I believe. When you use Buydebug in game you can find that spawner and I think it has a description that says it spawns random gems and metals.

How long are you testing this version?
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2013
    Also, a custard scan revealed two patterns and a house. Do you know if the patterns are simply CAP patterns? And what of the house? The description says that it's "a modern house built for the mysterious vampire like celebrity. He moved into this 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom home and mysteriously died. He is known to haunt this home. This home is 3 stories lots of decks and outdoor living. fishing"

Just wondering so I don't get any unwanted CC before I install this :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I did not end up getting it installed we got hit by some fierce storms and I hgad to get off the pc all night - but Elmawa if it is showing a house I have a feeling it is corrupt - I have not yet checked the file or did anything with it yet so I haven't seen it myself but from the description I would guess there is a ghost in that house and ghosts cannot be put in CAW or it will corrupt the whole game - from what I have always been taught anyway. So if that is the case AHenrich need to remove that house and perhaps offer it as a separate download for users to download and install their selves.

But we need him to respond as we really have nothing to go by but that description and the fact Custard is showing it. I'd wait and see what he says.

I just stop by myself to let him know I never got the chance to do anything but download it to my desktop when we lost power. Unbelieveable storm as bad as a hurricane with mega lightening and thunder and water falling so hard you could even see out the window. Our power is back but very blinky. So I can't even stay on here until they get it back up to full power anyway. But I would wait for an answer if I was you as custard would not pinpoint that house for nothing.

Okay I just ran the download through custard too and see the two pattern and the house - if you click on each pattern you can see they are really simple patters - they show in custard. The house is not showing as corrupted - so I have no clue why it show one house in a world fun of them. That is freaky - but it is definitely not indicating anything is wrong with it - as it is a white file - if it was a red file then it would have an issue - but because I have never seen custard do this in a world - to be safe I would maybe wait until Ahenrich responds maybe - but it is up to you. It would be my guess though perhaps those two patterns are in that house and that is why custard showed the house. I just have never known it to do that - but who knows. But where they are white and say nothing else it does not appear to be trouble - I just don't know.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    simmy12simmy12 Posts: 453 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Which expansion packs have you used?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    No alien spawner - but you can make aliens more prone to appear in a area that has meteorite on a lot. I think you need 3 - a small, a medium and a large that have all been analyzed - but leave them in the yard and aliens are prone to visit during the night - they are attracted to the meteorites - and check the rocks out. I am not sure what the other spawner means. Try googling that name. I have never seen anyone use that term.

The only thing I can see on this site is an Egyptian RGM spawner but still have no clue what that is.

I will have to make sure I do that. And I think Elmawa got the RGM figured out for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Well I downloaded it, but not sure if it will play on my pc with this patch issue - but will be able to try it in a couple hours. If I start getting issues because of the patch, I will stop and wait for the IP ep and see if that does not fix it.

Here is a thread, an older one anyway about these spawners, I even have a post in there but they talk about them - maybe you can figure it out from this.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/185894.page

It seemed to be working for me, although, it does save, but when I relaunch is acts as if I uninstalled some eps and becomes unplayable.