Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TROPICA-Test Version Uploaded-Pg. 1

Comments

• Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited January 2013
    Prahkeet wrote:
    The kiddy park is so cute! I've never really been into downloading user created worlds but I happened across this thread and I'm SO EXCITED! I'm downloading it for sure whenever its available!

Well thank you! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thank you Simrealtor! Got the world to show up in game! Off to test now, then all that is left is a little touch ups, a few more rabbitholes, and spawners, then done! So close, may have it released within the next two weeks! I have a ton of new pictures, but I'm to excited to test that they will have to wait! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Okay...one pic. :D It is the countryside! (still a somewhat work in progress...It'll have the cemetery, has the library, and it'll have some orchard farms and some garden ones too!
    Screenshot-276_zpsa3abb787.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Just a small update:

Added a salon, tattoo parlor, and junkyard. Just a few more lots to place then spawners, and then I'm done. :mrgreen:

Just a personal note, this world runs great and is really fun to play with. :D
  • Options
    InfiniteHarborInfiniteHarbor Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    This world looks great! I can't wait to play in it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ZoanZoan Posts: 54 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Im checking back everyday until you upload the Final version. This world looks like exactly what Im looking for and I cant start playing until I have settled in lol. Soo im excited and eagerly waiting.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    This world looks great! I can't wait to play in it! :mrgreen:

Thanks, I am excited to get it out there!
    Zoan wrote:
    Im checking back everyday until you upload the Final version. This world looks like exactly what Im looking for and I cant start playing until I have settled in lol. Soo im excited and eagerly waiting.

I have a number one fan! :lol: If I can make a world that one person is excited for then that makes me a happy person. :mrgreen:

Currently placing spaweners...... won't be long now!
  • Options
    babynyx57babynyx57 Posts: 270 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm quite excited for this!

I do have one concern, though... Did you use any custom content?

If not, I'm even more super excited for it to be finished!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    I'm quite excited for this!

I do have one concern, though... Did you use any custom content?

If not, I'm even more super excited for it to be finished!

I DON'T EVER USE CUSTOM CONTENT. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

And glad you are, won't be too much longer now! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I am SO glad to hear that! *So* many people do, and not many people mention it when creating worlds, but it's a major concern for me D:

Either way, I'm super excited! :D

This world looks AWESOME~!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    I am SO glad to hear that! *So* many people do, and not many people mention it when creating worlds, but it's a major concern for me D:

Either way, I'm super excited! :D

This world looks AWESOME~!

I know what you mean. I downloaded a lot one time, and it was labeled CC Free, but it wasn't. My favorite game save went corrupt. I lost so many cool builds and families. :( But that won't happen with this because all lots are custom made by me and Electronic Arts. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Nice. I'm glad to hear it! I'd offer up a couple of mine for use, but I'd think you'd like to stick with your own anyways :P

So, uh... how's it coming along? xD

(I might be a little impatient!)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    Nice. I'm glad to hear it! I'd offer up a couple of mine for use, but I'd think you'd like to stick with your own anyways :P

So, uh... how's it coming along? xD

(I might be a little impatient!)

Well I'll need some Sims, so I may take some from your studio since you offered. :D

And.....well, still doing spawners and trying to fix a couple terrain parts of the world which is rather difficult for me. :x
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Feel free! Most of my female sims tend to look a bit similar.

Are the terrain changes from issues with routing, or just with the look of it?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    Feel free! Most of my female sims tend to look a bit similar.

Are the terrain changes from issues with routing, or just with the look of it?

Just with appearance, I mainly have to tackle the ramps that go up into the city along with a little sculpting to make the beaches descent into the ocean more gradual, but that is am easy fix.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ah, makes sense. I just uploaded a copy of my current sim - Elena Hargrove. If you're wanting a townie that is pretty heavily skilled up (I used tabcasts like crazy), she's a good option.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    Ah, makes sense. I just uploaded a copy of my current sim - Elena Hargrove. If you're wanting a townie that is pretty heavily skilled up (I used tabcasts like crazy), she's a good option.

I will for sure do that! I am not decided one thing yet, maybe I could get your opinion? Should I upload a populated version, and an unpopulated one...or just populated?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    With how many posts I've seen from people thanking creators for leaving worlds unpopulated, I would think it might be best to have one of each.

I think you'll end up increasing your potential audience that way.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    With how many posts I've seen from people thanking creators for leaving worlds unpopulated, I would think it might be best to have one of each.

I think you'll end up increasing your potential audience that way.

That is a very good point! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If you need additional sims, I'd be happy to help make some more(I make sims I'm planning to play generally look the same, but I can be creative when needed!).
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    babynyx57 wrote:
    If you need additional sims, I'd be happy to help make some more(I make sims I'm planning to play generally look the same, but I can be creative when needed!).

I need some simple starter families and a couple of rich snobby families! That would be so awesome if you could do that!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Do you want any skills associated with the families, or just basic?

Any progress with careers? (They'd clear when placed, I think, but it might show it in their history?)

Race preferences?

Preferred traits?

Number of children?

How many families total?

Celebrity status?

(I'll start making some random ones in the meantime.)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    OH, and should I stay away from any particular expansion / stuff pack / store content?

(I don't intend to use the Katy Perry stuff - I don't care for it.)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Do you want any of the families to have pets?

I guess maybe I'll make some of all of the above, and some standard ones without, and just put the expansion content in the description, or something. My game is completely free of CC, so no worries there.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Here's the first family - rich, snobby, and with a new toddler. They don't have careers, but their LTWs are career-oriented.

The husband is Ambitious, Charismatic, Dramatic, a Snob and a Vehicle Enthusiast.

The wife is Dramatic, Over-emotional, a Snob, a Social Butterfly, and Star Quality.

The child (so far) is Friendly and Artistic.

I have to get to sleep for now, but more tomorrow, most likely.