Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TROPICA-Test Version Uploaded-Pg. 1

AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
Tropica Test Version Now Available!

THis is a CC free world.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bxk9qot6xrxpoe1/Tropica_Test_1.0.Sims3Pack

Interested in testing? Let me know. :mrgreen: See page 10 for more info.

Alright! Here we go...this might be the last big update before release!! (YES!!! :mrgreen: )

EDIT: Hoo-rah! A seventh page :D

February 10, 2013

-I got quite a bit of work done this weekend! I placed almost all of the fish spawners, I got a a few new final houses started, I got a couple parks done, I got the stadium lot done, I placed some more trees, did a little routing painting, fixed some sculpting, added some sidewalks, fixed some errors on some lots, finished the town hall buildings, and placed some more lots for building! Getting close to the end...feels great!

Now on to some pictures! :mrgreen:

Screenshot-531-1_zpsb40b5601.jpg

Screenshot-547-1_zps4af428e2.jpg

Screenshot-532-1_zpsd5a112b0.jpg

Screenshot-533-1_zpsdbd1cf84.jpg

Screenshot-534-1_zps00cc5fbc.jpg

Screenshot-535-1_zps03324d41.jpg

Screenshot-536-1_zpsf2e8657e.jpg

Screenshot-537-1_zps149f1ed3.jpg

Screenshot-538-1_zpsae95e374.jpg

Screenshot-539-1_zps496e2f73.jpg

Screenshot-540-1_zpsf8d9833c.jpg

Screenshot-541-1_zpsa6a8c198.jpg

Screenshot-543-2_zps19ac68d4.jpg

Screenshot-545-1_zpsc4cad5b7.jpg

...That's all! Let me know what you guys think! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Verbal update (Will have a ton of new pictures tomorrow night!):

I have begun to place spawners finally!! (Ocean fish almost all done...just need to make a lot or two in the countryside that holds lake fish.) Then the rest of the spawners. I have also begun to paint the terrain with routing paint. (Which is a long booooring process. :roll: ) I also built a few new lots, as well as continued on the strip mall. The lots are a huge new Asian modern American style mansion... lol :mrgreen::mrgreen: Also a look out point. And a few more community lots and a couple orchard farms. And some other unimportant stuff, but this world is getting so close to being done! I am pretty excited! Also I have been working with an awesome simmer who is making me a bunch of families for when I release the populated version of the world! I will have to get some links up, so you guys can check them out. This is all for now, tomorrow I hope to get a bunch of more progress done and some pictures to show what's been going on! :mrgreen:

January 19, 2013:

World is all done except for only about three more cosmetic issues on my list and placing all spawners. Then I will test one more time and upload. :mrgreen:

December 30, 2012:

The city is really coming together! I placed more houses in the rich district, and it is complete besides the unfurnished homes. I began work on the new stadium area. I placed three tropical beach houses in front of the city. The city is getting landscaped finally, and I have placed all the parks in the city except for one, and I only need one more house in the city. The only thing left after all that is a little more terrain paintings, spawners, and the countryside.

Screenshot-164.jpgScreenshot-149-1.jpgScreenshot-163.jpgScreenshot-150-1.jpgScreenshot-162.jpgScreenshot-161.jpgScreenshot-160.jpgScreenshot-158-1.jpgScreenshot-153-1.jpgScreenshot-152.jpgScreenshot-151-1.jpgScreenshot-144.jpgScreenshot-147-1.jpgScreenshot-146-1.jpgScreenshot-142.jpgScreenshot-134.jpgScreenshot-125.jpgScreenshot-121.jpg
______December 28, 2012 UPDATE: Redid one area and made it made for seasons and really ritzy houses! Also placing some trees and plants around the world to make it complete. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-110.jpgScreenshot-109.jpgScreenshot-107.jpgScreenshot-105.jpgScreenshot-100.jpgScreenshot-95.jpgScreenshot-94.jpgScreenshot-93.jpgScreenshot-92.jpgScreenshot-91.jpgScreenshot-90.jpgScreenshot-89.jpgScreenshot-88-1.jpg

Screenshot-27.jpg

Finally began work on countryside, got Elle's awesome house places, one of mine started to build, and redid the exterior of a game one. It's not turning out too bad, I'll be eager to work on it again soon.

Huge thanks to Chrisw9 for the detailed testing and great help

Testing version 1-August 8, 2012. Tropica Test Version 1 http://www.mediafire.com/?gci8vok7vq6a6l1

MORE INFO COMING SOON!

August 8
Oh and this seems like maybe it would look better if I tweaked the weather to more cloudy and foggy seems like a vampire/wolf place with all the for trees :lol:
I got the big hills painted and trees places still have plants and rocks to place on them yet. Started work on a few builds. Got the old part of town almost laid out completely (it is going to be getting revitalized, so you'll have some fixer uppers when you download this)
-this is mainly just a few pictures to show how much the landscape as changed now.
-Also I took the suspension bridge out for good, I felt it made the area seem to crowded and was not necessary for the island since it is all connected.

Screenshot-566.jpgScreenshot-564.jpg
Screenshot-560-1.jpgScreenshot-564.jpgScreenshot-569.jpg
Screenshot-562-1.jpgScreenshot-565.jpg

August 7, 2012 (4:05 in the morning... *yawns*)
Screenshot-522.jpgScreenshot-527.jpg
Okay guys, this is a huge update. I completely ddeleted the city and started fresh. I built it up, and there will be a story why later besides looking cool. I'll post more tomorrow but I just wanted to get some of the main pictures up to show it off.

Here is a before picture: Screenshot-465.jpg

And AFTER!!
Screenshot-504.jpg
Screenshot-503.jpgScreenshot-508.jpgScreenshot-512.jpg

edit: It is not done yet, as there will be a few more high rises, parks, etc.
also the suspension bridge will return soon! :D
Okay, it's August 5 (but will be 6 in an hour so let's call it the 6th :D )

August 6, 2012--Salty Shores Distrct update.

Here are some pics of the diner/coffee shop/whatever it is called:

Screenshot-446.jpg
--edit: need to conform this lot ^
Screenshot-447.jpgScreenshot-449.jpgScreenshot-450.jpg

And just some other random pictures of Salty Shores (got some landscaping done):

Screenshot-451.jpgScreenshot-452.jpgScreenshot-453.jpgScreenshot-454.jpgScreenshot-455.jpgScreenshot-457.jpgScreenshot-459.jpg

Another large update.
August 4, 2012

Got a small park, spa and bookstore, house placed, and a movie theatre and grocery store all where they will be, it will be known as the small Beach District of Salty Shores. Thinking about getting barnacle bay just because I think that boat restaurant would look really cool down by the shore. Also with the whole swimming in the ocean I am getting pretty excited as this town will be perfect for that! I am thinking about placing a mysterious island that your sims will swim to to explore. ;) Also I am needing some community lots and parks so if you are interested let me know. And if anyone who has a lot of experience with CAW could assist me on planning out the city (which needs to be completely redone) let me know.

Here are some Salty Shores pictures (I also added a mountain type thing in the back, it was getting to flat and I needed to add it back, since it is a rather rocky world.):
Screenshot-427.jpg
Screenshot-430.jpg
Screenshot-431.jpgScreenshot-434.jpgScreenshot-438.jpgScreenshot-439.jpgScreenshot-403.jpgScreenshot-404.jpgScreenshot-437.jpgScreenshot-405.jpgScreenshot-408.jpgScreenshot-409.jpgScreenshot-416.jpgScreenshot-419.jpg

Some other pictures of progress:

Screenshot-418.jpgScreenshot-417.jpg

This will be the old countryside with orchards and old homes that will be getting fixed up, fixed up, or need fixed up...plus cemetary, junkyard, criminal place, and all that.

Screenshot-425.jpg

Alright, here we go!! August 3rd 2012--TROPICA Update
--I will also post this below in case others zoom past this first post. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Just a random billboard in the poorer part of town. (still have a lot of terrain painting work to do yet too..)

Screenshot-373-1.jpg
Screenshot-375-1.jpgScreenshot-376-1.jpg

Here are the starters! Let me know what you guys think, I never build them.

Starter 1 (we'll call it)

Screenshot-379-1.jpg
Screenshot-380-1.jpg
Screenshot-381-1.jpg

Starter 2

Screenshot-382-1.jpgScreenshot-383-1.jpgScreenshot-384-1.jpg

Starter 3

Screenshot-360.jpgScreenshot-361.jpgScreenshot-359.jpg

Starter 4

Screenshot-364.jpg

Some zoomed out views (the other lots are no longer there, just the starters!

Screenshot-385-1.jpg
Screenshot-386-1.jpg
tropicaaaa.png

Here is a mansion in the rich district I am working on, I really like how it is turning out.

Screenshot-392.jpg

That is all for right now, let me know what you guys think. Hopefully another update will be out soon.

8/3/12 See last post for info on update.

One more update for today guys!
Got the residential/townshoppes area mapped out with lots-the world now just has one empty section left after this!sdfghjk.png

Terrain Painting Pics-March 24th, 2012
Screenshot-153.jpgScreenshot-154.jpgScreenshot-155.jpg

opinions? :D

and I need help with this area..

Screenshot-156.jpgScreenshot-159.jpg

Con't-March 24, 2012--More pics of Concert VenueScreenshot-149.jpg
^^this is my favorite :mrgreen:
Screenshot-151.jpgScreenshot-150.jpgScreenshot-148.jpg
Screenshot-146.jpg
Screenshot-147.jpg

March 24, 2012--Small Update
Got showtime and added an performing center, as well, I actually started to terrain paint. :mrgreen:
tropicanew.png
Screenshot-145.jpg

Screenshot-49.pngScreenshot-83.jpg

HUGE PHOTO UPDATE: January 27, 2012Screenshot-82.jpgScreenshot-81.jpgScreenshot-80.jpgScreenshot-78.jpgScreenshot-75.jpgScreenshot-74.jpgScreenshot-69.jpg
Screenshot-67.jpgScreenshot-68.jpgScreenshot-70.jpg
Screenshot-71.jpgScreenshot-72.jpg
Screenshot-73.jpg

UPDATE: 1/14/2012

Quite the big picture update. Got more of the city laid out along with a few more houses and lots.
Screenshot-43.jpgScreenshot-54.jpgScreenshot-44.jpgScreenshot-55.jpgScreenshot-53.jpgScreenshot-52.jpgScreenshot-45.jpgScreenshot-47.jpgScreenshot-50.jpgScreenshot-48.jpgScreenshot-46.jpg

UPDATE: 1/11/12

I started building a beach house in the rich part of the city (it's just an alien city house in my studio that i redid :D)

here is the link to the house before the renovation
Screenshot-41.jpgScreenshot-38.jpgScreenshot-39.jpg
and here is some other picture spam

Screenshot-37.jpg
UPDATE: 1/7/2012
Screenshot-40.jpg

got part of the city done, its the rich spacious part, i plan on it getting less nice as I progress across, or at least turn into a smaller town
53.pngScreenshot-34.jpg
Screenshot-35.jpg
Screenshot-36.jpg
Tropica-a world in the making by AHENRICHs

its a custom height map that i made (i know it looks bad but im gonna work with it :mrgreen: )

of4lz4.png

Comments

• Options
    Angella_RosettaAngella_Rosetta Posts: 185 Member
    edited April 2012
    Love your builds, and have downloaded some plus rec'd all that I looked at, cos you deserve them! honest. So, I downloaded your Aspen World (sorry if i got the name wrong) hope it will run on my pc, cos it doesn't like big worlds much. (poor pc!) lol I thought you had left sims, so I hadn't been coming to visit your studio, but now I know you are here, you will get lots more visits from me, that's for sure! keep creating! : D Angella (Linsiminaus07) : D
  • Options
    VirvatuliVirvatuli Posts: 168 Member
    edited April 2012
    Looking good so far! There's a few things you might want to polish up, though. Some of the roads are very bumpy, maybe you could make them a bit smoother? That would look more realistic. Also, at least one road (the main road by the skyscrapers) seems like it should be straight, but is slightly wiggly. The grid can actually be rotated, and roads can be snapped to the grid - making them perfectly straight!

It's going to be nice to see pictures when you've started to add the vegetation, I really like the modern architecture and (probably?) tropical nature combination you've got there.

EDIT: You also might want to shorten the title of your thread. Sometimes that "breaks" the thread - stops people from posting. I got the 404 error when trying to leave this reply, until I shortened the title of my own post :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    still going (slowly) :D
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited July 2012
    AHENRICHs wrote:

glad your back :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Got another home done today!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    new home started!
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited July 2012
    Seems to be coming along nicely! Long time no write! :) I haven't even touched my most recent world in months! Though I still plan to. So...how's this one going for you?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Elmawa wrote:
    Seems to be coming along nicely! Long time no write! :) I haven't even touched my most recent world in months! Though I still plan to. So...how's this one going for you?
    It's going great definitely best one yet! I still have a ton of work to do, like redo the city once again, some more terrain painting, placing down lots, fixing some roads, and then placing spawners, and I should have it ready for testing..... I may wait until after Supernatural to release a test version because something about a zombie apocalypse and this world sounds.. well interesting :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    For some reason the pictures aren't showing up on this computer, so I will add all the update later. This one did show up, however. Basically I began putting the world together finally! These are some starter homes for the not so elegant part, which is down by the water, the higher up you are the less nice it'll be.

11vsiuw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    All these starters are under 16,500, except for the blurry one which is under 19,500 for sure.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just posting this for the people who miss the first post. :D

Alright, here we go!! August 3rd 2012--TROPICA Update

Just a random billboard in the poorer part of town. (still have a lot of terrain painting work to do yet too..)

Screenshot-373-1.jpg
    Screenshot-375-1.jpgScreenshot-376-1.jpg

Here are the starters! Let me know what you guys think, I never build them.

Starter 1 (we'll call it)

Screenshot-379-1.jpg
    Screenshot-380-1.jpg
    Screenshot-381-1.jpg

Starter 2

Screenshot-382-1.jpgScreenshot-383-1.jpgScreenshot-384-1.jpg

Starter 3

Screenshot-360.jpgScreenshot-361.jpgScreenshot-359.jpg

Starter 4

Screenshot-364.jpg

Some zoomed out views (the other lots are no longer there, just the starters!

Screenshot-385-1.jpg
    Screenshot-386-1.jpg
    tropicaaaa.png

Here is a mansion in the rich district I am working on, I really like how it is turning out.

Screenshot-392.jpg

That is all for right now, let me know what you guys think. Hopefully another update will be out soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I knew I had more pictures of the mansion.. lol

Screenshot-389.jpgScreenshot-390.jpg
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited August 2012
    New thread? Nice update! Have you tried using CAS on more of the textures to differentiate some of the homes, as in RL they wouldn't really be the same colour and have the same décor etc., would they?

--Wibble :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    New thread? Nice update! Have you tried using CAS on more of the textures to differentiate some of the homes, as in RL they wouldn't really be the same colour and have the same décor etc., would they?

--Wibble :)

Yeah, someone pointed out to me that the other one was broken so I just moved it all to here. That would be a good idea, I should go back and change that!

Also this is for anyone, I really need some help laying out the city and figuring out hwo to change road textures.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Another large update.
    August 4, 2012

Got a small park, spa and bookstore, house placed, and a movie theatre and grocery store all where they will be, it will be known as the small Beach District of Salty Shores. Thinking about getting barnacle bay just because I think that boat restaurant would look really cool down by the shore. Also with the whole swimming in the ocean I am getting pretty excited as this town will be perfect for that! I am thinking about placing a mysterious island that your sims will swim to to explore. ;) Also I am needing some community lots and parks so if you are interested let me know. And if anyone who has a lot of experience with CAW could assist me on planning out the city (which needs to be completely redone) let me know.

Here are some Salty Shores pictures:
    Screenshot-427.jpg
    Screenshot-430.jpg
    Screenshot-431.jpgScreenshot-434.jpgScreenshot-438.jpgScreenshot-439.jpgScreenshot-403.jpgScreenshot-404.jpgScreenshot-437.jpgScreenshot-405.jpgScreenshot-408.jpgScreenshot-409.jpgScreenshot-416.jpgScreenshot-419.jpg

Some other pictures of progress:

Screenshot-418.jpgScreenshot-417.jpg

This will be the old countryside with orchards and old homes that will be getting fixed up, fixed up, or need fixed up...plus cemetary, junkyard, criminal place, and all that.

Screenshot-425.jpg
    -Also I need to get started on the city, it needs to be all relayed and planned out :(
  • Options
    Lilmissshortee4Lilmissshortee4 Posts: 202 Member
    edited August 2012
    Woooow :o I wish I had the patience and vision to make a world like you have! Amazing :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Woooow :o I wish I had the patience and vision to make a world like you have! Amazing :)

Thanks! :D And well it takes a lot of patience been working on this off an on for about 14 months now... Getting into it a lot now so hopefully it'll be out in roughly two months!! Give or take a few days/weeks... haha

And a verbal update:

I got the coffeeshop rabbithole built, got some trees places, a little terrain painting (still needs work) and a couple random objects placed for salty shores, also I began work on a performance stage down on the beach.

I'll upload pics tonight but here is one to give you a general view of Salty Shores as of right now.

Screenshot-459.jpg

edit: that beach needs a lot of work on the slope downto the shire lol
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Okay, it's August 5 (but will be 6 in an hour so let's call it the 6th :D )

August 6, 2012--Salty Shores Distrct update.

Here are some pics of the diner/coffee shop/whatever it is called:

Screenshot-446.jpg
    --edit: need to conform this lot ^
    Screenshot-447.jpgScreenshot-449.jpgScreenshot-450.jpg

And just some other random pictures of Salty Shores (got some landscaping done):

Screenshot-451.jpgScreenshot-452.jpgScreenshot-453.jpgScreenshot-454.jpgScreenshot-455.jpgScreenshot-457.jpgScreenshot-459.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Don't know why I didn't reply to these guys. Sorry! :oops: :oops:
    Love your builds, and have downloaded some plus rec'd all that I looked at, cos you deserve them! honest. So, I downloaded your Aspen World (sorry if i got the name wrong) hope it will run on my pc, cos it doesn't like big worlds much. (poor pc!) lol I thought you had left sims, so I hadn't been coming to visit your studio, but now I know you are here, you will get lots more visits from me, that's for sure! keep creating! : D Angella (Linsiminaus07) : D

Well thanks! :D I really appreciate the recs especially! I hoope you liked Aspen Valley, this world is waaaaaaay better than my previous worlds much more detailed and reealistic. I am back! Hopefully to stay, I got so busy in the spring and most of this summer up until now. Nice talking to you!
    Virvatuli wrote:
    Looking good so far! There's a few things you might want to polish up, though. Some of the roads are very bumpy, maybe you could make them a bit smoother? That would look more realistic. Also, at least one road (the main road by the skyscrapers) seems like it should be straight, but is slightly wiggly. The grid can actually be rotated, and roads can be snapped to the grid - making them perfectly straight!

It's going to be nice to see pictures when you've started to add the vegetation, I really like the modern architecture and (probably?) tropical nature combination you've got there.

EDIT: You also might want to shorten the title of your thread. Sometimes that "breaks" the thread - stops people from posting. I got the 404 error when trying to leave this reply, until I shortened the title of my own post :)

Hi :D
    The roads I do need to go back and fix, I've been working on the left wing of the world so the city and right wing have been untouched, and yes that dang city. haha I am planning on deleting it all and regridding it out and starting fresh! And I am trying to get the vegetation and terrain painting exceptional looking! It's hard but worth it. I love the modern architecture too, it really brings the world together because I just think tropical and modern go great together :D

and thanks for the tip, it will come in handy in the future!
    turistas9 wrote:
    AHENRICHs wrote:

glad your back :)

Great to be back! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    dxfgv.png

quick picture. Plan on having a trail to walk/bike/jog on
  • Options
    Chrisw9Chrisw9 Posts: 125
    edited August 2012
    You're salty shores district is coming along great! Nice job :-) But I have a question: Those signs/bill boards in some of the new pictures you posted, are they the new changing ones from Showtime? If so, could you tell me what they are called in the Metadata? I haven't explicitly gone looking for them yet, but it'd just be nice to know what they are labeled as to shorten my search when I go to use them!

Thanks! And keep up the good work, I frequently check your thread :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Chrisw9 wrote:
    You're salty shores district is coming along great! Nice job :-) But I have a question: Those signs/bill boards in some of the new pictures you posted, are they the new changing ones from Showtime? If so, could you tell me what they are called in the Metadata? I haven't explicitly gone looking for them yet, but it'd just be nice to know what they are labeled as to shorten my search when I go to use them!

Thanks! And keep up the good work, I frequently check your thread :mrgreen:

Thanks! :D And yes they are, the ones that would be considered the "entrance" to the district are called "LED Stadium Signs" if I recall, I will double check tonight though to make sure.

And means a lot to know I have people following along with the progress!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    bx.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    August 7, 2012 (4:05 in the morning... *yawns*)

Okay guys, this is a huge update. I completely ddeleted the city and started fresh. I built it up, and there will be a story why later besides looking cool. I'll post more tomorrow but I just wanted to get some of the main pictures up to show it off.

Here is a before picture: Screenshot-465.jpg

And AFTER!!
    Screenshot-504.jpg
    Screenshot-503.jpgScreenshot-508.jpgScreenshot-512.jpg

edit: It is not done yet, as there will be a few more high rises, parks, etc.
    also the suspension bridge will return soon! :D
  • Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited August 2012
    Great job replacing the city, I much prefer the enclosed layout of this one - it looks almost like some kind of spaceship or something...

Anyway... I can't wait for the next update :)

--Wibble :D