Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TROPICA-Test Version Uploaded-Pg. 1

Comments

• Options
    AHENRICHsAHENRICHs Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited May 2013
    mamiri wrote:
    I'm anxious to see your world Tropica. I know little lacking, but I wish it was ready soon. I really want to play with it.

*Crosses fingers* Shooting for first version this weekend! (If I skip beta testing, I have been playing like two or three versions of it myself, and I think I worked most of the kinks out, just want to try it with the spawners to see how that all turns out.)
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited May 2013
    it is looking awesome! Hope you get to finish it this weekend!
  • Options
    mamirimamiri Posts: 75 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm crossing my fingers! I hope everything goes right for us to play at Tropica. Good Luck!

Ps. It has new pictures?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mamiri wrote:
    I'm crossing my fingers! I hope everything goes right for us to play at Tropica. Good Luck!

Ps. It has new pictures?

Yes. :mrgreen: I'll get some up tonight!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tammyjo329 wrote:
    it is looking awesome! Hope you get to finish it this weekend!

Hi Tammy, it's been awhile! :mrgreen: Thanks, and I hope so too!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can't believe this thread has 9 pages :shock:
  • Options
    MonochromeCowMonochromeCow Posts: 13
    edited May 2013
    This looks amazing. I've longed for a world like this and I can't wait to see it when it's done. Keep it up!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This looks amazing. I've longed for a world like this and I can't wait to see it when it's done. Keep it up!

Well, I'm glad it appeals to you! The reason I created this world was because I wanted a tropical island with everything on it. It was just a world that I had not found in the exchange (But that was two years ago.... :lol: ), so Tropica was born.

Small Update

I had realized that there was only three empty lots to build on, so I added a few more. They are in the mountain area, but I did flatten them and hid the ugly terrain with a foundation, or *ahem*, let's call it a retaining wall. :lol:

I have some new pictures that I still need to get uploaded. I must have experienced some error awhile back because two of the previous homes I had furnished are now unfurnished. :(
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2013
    Can not wait!! So excited!!
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Small little problem occured this week......my laptop screen broke. :shock:

Currently typing on it through a monitor, but it is not the greatest with seeing. Programs such as the Sims look horrible on it.....my technological genius of a brother ordered a new screen for it, and it should be here in a few days, and then he will install it, and I will finish the world 98% done! :D
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2013
    So sorry to hear about your laptop.. but I see you're online.. so YAY!! Hope that 2% is coming along nicely!! :lol:;)
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    vermesmikevermesmike Posts: 106 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Which stuff packs will be used and how involved will they be? I only have a few SPs. In my opinion, they didn't seem to add much to my game. Just changed the style of existing items.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hi guys, still here. :mrgreen:
    webdznr wrote:
    So sorry to hear about your laptop.. but I see you're online.. so YAY!! Hope that 2% is coming along nicely!! :lol:;)

Laptop is fixed now!

And well........it is slowly. I'm burnt out on furnishing homes. I may end up taking one out and making it a lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vermesmike wrote:
    Which stuff packs will be used and how involved will they be? I only have a few SPs. In my opinion, they didn't seem to add much to my game. Just changed the style of existing items.

You know, I didn't hold back when I made this world. I used all that I had. I don't have the Katy Perry, 90s stuff, Diesel stuff SPs. I used the rest, but they are really just objects, so they should get replaced with base game objects. Except for a couple of rabbitholes. Not sure how they treat that.

You are correct when you say that. I sort of feel the same way now which is why I quit buying the stuff packs.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited June 2013
    Can't wait to see it finished.. Will it have Custom Content in it???
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    BreeMiles wrote:
    Can't wait to see it finished.. Will it have Custom Content in it???

No CC at all!!

Uploading test version hopefully in the next few days! :D
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yay! It's a good feeling ain't it? Nearing the finish line....:D I can't believe how far this world, and you, have come! It really does look very good. Course I'll have to give it a good looksy when you get a test version up. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Elmawa wrote:
    Yay! It's a good feeling ain't it? Nearing the finish line....:D I can't believe how far this world, and you, have come! It really does look very good. Course I'll have to give it a good looksy when you get a test version up. :)

Thanks Elmawa. :D It feels really good! Never been more proud of a world that I made. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay, so tonight I actually worked on the world. (Shocker. I know. :lol: ) But anyway, I have three more lots to complete, then I will scour the world for any flaws that I can see and make a list and fix it. I will then release a test version for anyone to try out and see if they discover any issues. I plan on having the test version for the public out by Friday, so people can test it over the weekend. If you are interested please let me know. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hoping for the final release sometime next week as well. :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    AHENRICHs-

I am testing Rflongs, but she has a lot of testers - so I am more or less just another pair of eyes, but yeah, I will be glad to help test it if you need more testers. You were kind enough to help Elmawa and me test hers. I have no problem doing two at once - as long as you don't care I divide the time with Rflongs too. I was doing 2 when I was doing Elmawa's and still managed to catch things with no problems. I just like to clarify that. I had one creator get a bit offended I did not give them attention 24/7. So those I haven't tested before for or don't know all that well I like to clarify. It is usual for me - I have tested as many as 4 at once - but - generally that is only if there are a lot of other testers. So if you'd like me to let me know -

ETA - I have all eps and sps - and own the store - so I will have any items you use.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    AHENRICHs-

I am testing Rflongs, but she has a lot of testers - so I am more or less just another pair of eyes, but yeah, I will be glad to help test it if you need more testers. You were kind enough to help Elmawa and me test hers. I have no problem doing two at once - as long as you don't care I divide the time with Rflongs too. I was doing 2 when I was doing Elmawa's and still managed to catch things with no problems. I just like to clarify that. I had one creator get a bit offended I did not give them attention 24/7. So those I haven't tested before for or don't know all that well I like to clarify. It is usual for me - I have tested as many as 4 at once - but - generally that is only if there are a lot of other testers. So if you'd like me to let me know -

ETA - I have all eps and sps - and own the store - so I will have any items you use.

That would be a huge help Reg! You can take all the time you want and need. I am in absolutely no hurry to release this world if it means getting all the kinks worked out. Thanks Reg! :D

And great! That will be helpful as I have a few registers that I want to be sure are working due to the fact that I have never included them before. I also made a few custom special places, like a cemetary, that I want to be sure that works correctly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And Reg, I actually wanted to ask you for your opinion. I was looking at all of the stilted lots and with the soon release of IP the possibility of adding houseboats and resorts.....well I was wondering if it would be worth it to wait out the update until it is more stable and add them to my world, since it is a tropical getaway to speak.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I also was going through buy debug and saw all the new cars spots that came with University. I think it would give the town a much more lively and populated feel since it is not zoned as a city but a surburban town, so I could still have animals spawn.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well I have been checking around and they are saying the new stilt house building and blue print stuff is good and stable so far - this is from a few experienced builders trying them out - but of course in a world and not in CAW. I would definitely wait though until you have IP it self before I would attempt messing with it in your world. Previous history has taught me that the patched in stuff may sometimes have kinks that get rectified with the install of the ep. I am sure after all this work you most definitely do not want to get kinks in this world - but it does sound like a wonderful idea to add the new stuff to your world. I know Rflong plans on doing that - but she will be going on Vacation for 2 weeks before we hear how stable it really is. I might suggest you checking with Auntie Lynds as well as go to modthesims and look for CAW posts from Simsample and Kiwi Tea as they know more about CAW and keeping things up to date than anyone. You can trust what they say for sure.

I do not think you would really hurt anything to wait on any final release of this world - in fact it might be even better in a few weeks after people start getting a little used to the new IP and get tired of the 100 percent Island all the time thing - will be looking for new worlds featuring the new stuff. So it might be a great idea to wait.

Yes, the Uni parking is a godsend from what I have heard. It brings the town to life without the negative of over flow of abandoned cars. Rflong says it has made a big difference and works well.

Sure I can check out anything. I don't use mods or CC - so you get to know how things work without helpmates. Right this minute the only things I am missing from the store is the brand new dance studio that came out today and about 28 pieces of clothing way back in the beginning of sims 3 that I just never cared much for. I have all sets though from early - it was single purchase items mostly. Clothing is never an issue anyway. But I even have all the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile stuff - all EA's free stuff and pre-order gifts but one race car. I even have sweet treats. hehehe

ETA -Well I take that back - I do seem to have the brand new Dance studio - I was just gifted it by my dear friend Cathy. So I again can say I have everything which means nothing made by EA is out of my reach to test in your world.

Well off to go make a short report to Rflong - will check with you later.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....