Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA -It's Rant Time-

Comments

• Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited January 2012
    Well guys, this has been great. The hubby and I are going to watch Alcatraz now. See you tomorrow. :)

And AE-thanks! You are with Bob and Callum in my eyes, you and Bluebell. :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited January 2012
    I apologize, but when you boast about your website being "family-friendly" and the minimum age for registration is 13+, then you should most definitely be held responsible for this kind of behavior that has gone on for almost a year, especially when the community has been throwing very good ideas out there to prevent it, which they haven't done.

Yes, the internet is not safe. That is why there are disclosure warnings on sites that host or link to mature content. That is why you are required to be of 13 years or older to have an account on Facebook, or have an account here. That is why, whenever someone does post mature content on Facebook, it's usually taken down pretty quick.

Sorry, I'm not saying that EA are directly responsible, but they have had a year to do something about this. That makes them negligent, and it makes them an enabler of this behavior to continue. They've had ample opportunity, they didn't capitalize on that, which makes this latest round of behavior their responsibility.

You may not agree, but there it is.

ETA: As a note. On my website, I have a rant blog where I will swear, use obscenity, maybe even offend people. I disclose that on the very front page of my blog, and in a very clear area. I make it clear that I do these things, and from then on, it's up to the parents. I have yet to see a disclosure on their front page, or a warning when you enter the forums, and if they're going to allow the behavior to continue for a Teen/Child fanbase, then they should most certainly provide a warning page upon entering the forums, or a disclosure upon arriving at the website.
    These are good points, and part of what I used when I sent a heads up to NPR (complete with links and another users shared gift message). I also pointed out in my heads up the upcoming ep release with it's portal and how this person could start attacking people directly through their games.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    NumNumm wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    NumNumm
    how do they look at death threats?

I surgest you see what this is about, the pictures well they are just the icing on 1 disgusting cake.

This been going on for a year!
    Ignoring havn't helped, it just got worse.

we are talking threats to do stuff I can't even writt on here, atempt on blackmailing.

Some one better take this serious, becouse this isn't you ordenary troll.

it is the internet, but that dosn't mean there are no laws.

I know, i've seen him. But I haven't seen any serious, personal or direct threats ( I may be wrong, of course ). Unless he directly states that he will put someone, or multiple people in the way of harm, we haven't exactly got enough to put the kid behind bars.

Well thoes he mostly send as gifts... or make user names saying I_will_kill_(username) or writt it on his blog/profil (in one of his many acounts) or (if you say yes to a friend request from him) he might post it on your comment (either aimed at you or wanting you to post it at some ones wall, if you do he gift you HS or if you don't he will "know where you live and come after you")

That is what have been reported to the police/FBI and they do take it seriously.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2012
    Not really all that impressed with the nonsense that went on yesterday EA, at ALL.
    My 12 year old happened to be standing at my shoulder while I was reading a thread which happened to have one of those pictures slapped right in the middle of it, before I had a chance to add their url's to my ad blocker.

Have any of you or your employees had to explain to a child why some... person is sporting male AND female parts? He's twelve, he doesn't need to know things like that.
    Pull your bloody finger out you useless layabouts. For the love of pete, you prove yourself inept time and time again. You sack the only mod who can do any good, and you STILL leave filth all over the forums.
    You make me sick.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    NumNummNumNumm Posts: 45
    edited January 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Well thoes he mostly send as gifts... or make user names saying I_will_kill_(username) or writt it on his blog/profil (in one of his many acounts) or (if you say yes to a friend request from him) he might post it on your comment (either aimed at you or wanting you to post it at some ones wall, if you do he gift you HS or if you don't he will "know where you live and come after you")

That is what have been reported to the police/FBI and they do take it seriously.

Well, if people have concrete evidence that this is going on an he has shown true intent, then the appropriate action will be taken amongst those victims. Sure enough, he will be properly banned and legal repercussion will take place to in whatever country he resides.
  • Options
    fabe7fabe7 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited January 2012
    May I Add,

I Have Been Give Death Threats

I'm Keeping That One Under My Belt....
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Pary wrote:
    Not really all that impressed with the nonsense that went on yesterday EA, at ALL.
    My 12 year old happened to be standing at my shoulder while I was reading a thread which happened to have one of those pictures slapped right in the middle of it, before I had a chance to add their url's to my ad blocker.

Have any of you or your employees had to explain to a child why some... person is sporting male AND female parts? He's twelve, he doesn't need to know things like that.
    Pull your bloody finger out you useless layabouts. For the love of pete, you prove yourself inept time and time again. You sack the only mod who can do any good, and you STILL leave filth all over the forums.
    You make me sick.
    I work with school kids and am the parent of slightly older teens. I hate to burst your bubble, but if he is ever on the net with out you over his shoulder, or when he's at school he's getting exposed to some stuff that's just as bad out there. As far as that stuff goes, the more you discuss openly with him or your partner does the better prepared when the away from home exposure starts getting amped up in about a year or so.

doesn't make it right here, and I've reported where I can within the limits of what I've been exposed to myself. tempting to go to EA hq and share my icky cold with them, but that would just thin out the work force and I want everyone at desk and on full alert Tuesday when they come in to work.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    NumNumm wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

Well, if people have concrete evidence that this is going on an he has shown true intent, then the appropriate action will be taken amongst those victims. Sure enough, he will be properly banned and legal repercussion will take place to in whatever country he resides.

well he havn't been standing on my doorstep (I hope)

but 7 of them in less than a week is very persistent...

and I'm not getting that many compared to soem people, that he stalkes.

and yes I have them as mails (gift notes) or as screenshoot when on here...

edit to ad:
    This is 1 place where he makes a death threat, considering I have gotten the 7 pr. gift, and it is just after my post, well.....
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/525/486829.page
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2012
    doesn't make it right here, [snipped]

No you're right, it does not make it right and it certainly shouldn't be found on a forum that is touted as being family friendly. Moreover, it shouldn't STILL be on these boards simply because those who moderate these boards are too busy / lazy / hopeless / understaffed ( their own fault ) or whatever. Take your pick. They sack the very person they chose to help police the boards because he dared point out that something like this could or would happen, and it did, which has left us having to change thread titles to prevent people from accidentally viewing such ugly images.
    There are threads in the gifting forum still, that haven't been cleaned. It just isn't on. Whether or not the employees have the day off, whatever, EA are not a small company and as such should be prepared for incidents such as this, especially when they've been previously warned about it.

As for what my children do and don't see, I doubt he's knowledgeable enough as yet to find anything that's worse than those pictures. While my kids are educated in the "birds and the bees" and are prepared for most eventualities they may encounter as they get older, the concept of s.he-m.ales is not something I have felt the need to bring to my youngests attention at 12 - at least, not before yesterday. There would have been time enough for that later, and to let a kid be a kid right now.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    edit to ad:
    This is 1 place where he makes a death threat, considering I have gotten the 7 pr. gift, and it is just after my post, well.....
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/525/486829.page
    thanks, just love how they like to sweep stuff off to technical discussion or other obscure forums
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    WriterGurl97WriterGurl97 Posts: 6,087 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Ima rant too.

So, a little while ago, and still now, people were complaining for being warned for bumping their thread, or tohers threads. Honestly, I like bumping. This is a dog eat dog world, and we all need to stay on top. Now I'm not saying constant bumping is good, it is annoying, but still. Then this guy comes along, posting all sorts of images that I was exposed too, and now, can safely saw I'm scarred after seeing it. I'm young. I don't want that. Then these death threats?

COME ON EA! STEP IT UP!

You expect to be paid for your games, and all that, then you let this crap flood our forums and do NOTHING about it.

All I'm saying is this. Karma's a reality, and if you're not gonna do anything to protect us, we will all go to other forums, and probably one day, other games.

Protect your customers, For Pete's Sake.

-rant over-
  • Options
    DawdeeDawdee Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited January 2012
    @NumNumm: Whether or not he actually does it, a threat is a threat. If you want to see all the threats he's made and whatnot, just do a simple google search of Seser34.
  • Options
    Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited January 2012
    EA actually has the responisbility to remove those sick images which Sesert posted them
  • Options
    EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2012
    What might seem like a nuisance of seeing the disgusting images here (which they are disgusting and inappropriate) might actually and possibly be mentally scaring or tramatizing for another. :(

BluebellFlora and xXAngelicEvilXx (and among others) summed up key points also. Both mentioned of last year, I was around during that time of all that as well. Did write a reply to EA in a thread to do something, in hoping it would simmer (no pun intended) down and eventually be dealt with but nothing happened. Boy was I wrong of simmering down and this being a recent occurrence this year. :shock: This is a serious issue here and I truly hope we all don't encounter this next year here. -_-

When a member or several of this forum (or any forum and blog) receives death threats, It's time to take the matter to authorities. No one deserves that and it is unfortunate and a shame people have gotten them. Majority of members here (and on their blogs/facebook) are doing much to deal with this properly, in terms of ridding this dire issue of pictures and resorting to deal with the serious death threats upon them. Personally I've not received any threats or gifts with messages, but I do feel bad and sorry for those affected. :(
  • Options
    sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited January 2012
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    jimmysnan wrote:
    How do I file that complaint?

Here's their website:

https://www.esrb.org/about/contact.jsp

Thanks for the link Nik, I've filed a complaint and sent a link to screenshots to back it up. Normally, I'd wuss out and sit on my hands, but I see our little laroww in this thread and that just makes me so so so angry that someone as sweet and young and happy go lucky as she is could have seen photos the like of what littered our forums yesterday.
  • Options
    NumNummNumNumm Posts: 45
    edited January 2012
    Dawdee wrote:
    @NumNumm: Whether or not he actually does it, a threat is a threat. If you want to see all the threats he's made and whatnot, just do a simple google search of Seser34.

I'm not saying at sl that it's not a threat or that it isn't unlawful. I am saying; however, that in life, certain things get priority over others, be it fair or not, you know?

Like I've said before, ea is not liable for anyone who breaks their terms of service, as stated in their terms of service contract that we all just press " agree " without reading. Sad, but true :(

Edit: sorry, spelling. I'm on my iPod D:
  • Options
    moritz081490moritz081490 Posts: 251
    edited January 2012
    Sam7777777 wrote:
    I agree with you fabe 100%. EA is not doing their job in the slightest, considering that the images are still up and viewable to anyone...

Get your act together, EA. Your customers are upset and deserve better than this lack of attention.

DITTO, EA are you seriously going to just act like this isn't happening? I sure hope not. Just cause you sweep the dirt under the rug doesn't mean its gone. I understand that it can be hard to keep up with or deal with the problem completely but a good effort to try is all we are asking for! Not only do we demand this as paying customers of your products but as a cry for help from loyal fans. Excuse my "French" but don't **** on us now EA. We need you. If we could fix it our selfs we would. So we are completely dependent on you here and now. So again EA PLEASE fix this!
  • Options
    sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited January 2012
    What I do not understand is- why is EA not livid that this is happening on their "Teen Friendly" site ? Why is it that WE the community are up in arms and are trying to battle what's been happening but EA are not.

I know someone will say " But Seren, they are trying" my answer is really ? It's been a year on now and this is still a problem. They let go of a moderator who was looking out for the users of this site.

I play Saints Row 3, there is content there that is not for children and there is a very big warning that it's not for kids and you also have to put in your birth date every time you visit the site, but never once have I seen the pictures there that I saw here yesterday on a teen friendly site.

I can not understand for the life of me why EA do not take action to fix this and KEEP it fixed. I am actually really upset that a 14 year old had to see these things. Teens make up some of our brightest Sims community members and would be surely missed if parents stop letting them come to the forums because of the content that has been allowed to run amuck.

All it would take is a mum or dad to walk by their child's room and catch a glimpse of those images and that's it, no more forums or possibly even no more Sims for said child.

Being a member of this community, I feel we all have some responsibility for the care of the teens and younger that come in here.

Like AE, my blog has content not for children as well, but I make sure to post a warning on the page with said content in hopes that young eyes will not visit those pages. I also do not post links to my blog here because of the children. If EA can not make these forums safe for young eyes then they need to have their rating lifted from teen to mature.

I know we're all getting tired of the "What about the children'ers" but in this case, that is the actual question here. What about the bloomin' children?

I am really saddened by this and by the appearance of EA's lack of care in this respect. I do not care if they have to hire round the clock care to babysit the forums if that's what it take to keep the site free of this type of thing.

Come on EA, what will it take ? I said it yesterday and I say it now, shame on you.

• Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2012
    What I do not understand is- why is EA not livid that this is happening on their "Teen Friendly" site ? Why is it that WE the community are up in arms and are trying to battle what's been happening but EA are not.

I know someone will say " But Seren, they are trying" my answer is really ? It's been a year on now and this is still a problem. They let go of a moderator who was looking out for the users of this site.

I play Saints Row 3, there is content there that is not for children and there is a very big warning that it's not for kids and you also have to put in your birth date every time you visit the site, but never once have I seen the pictures there that I saw here yesterday on a teen friendly site.

I can not understand for the life of me why EA do not take action to fix this and KEEP it fixed. I am actually really upset that a 14 year old had to see these things. Teens make up some of our brightest Sims community members and would be surely missed if parents stop letting them come to the forums because of the content that has been allowed to run amuck.

All it would take is a mum or dad to walk by their child's room and catch a glimpse of those images and that's it, no more forums or possibly even no more Sims for said child.

Being a member of this community, I feel we all have some responsibility for the care of the teens and younger that come in here.

Like AE, my blog has content not for children as well, but I make sure to post a warning on the page with said content in hopes that young eyes will not visit those pages. I also do not post links to my blog here because of the children. If EA can not make these forums safe for young eyes then they need to have their rating lifted from teen to mature.

I know we're all getting tired of the "What about the children'ers" but in this case, that is the actual question here. What about the bloomin' children?

I am really saddened by this and by the appearance of EA's lack of care in this respect. I do not care if they have to hire round the clock care to babysit the forums if that's what it take to keep the site free of this type of thing.

Come on EA, what will it take ? I said it yesterday and I say it now, shame on you.

took the words right out of my mouth.. well said

if they dont want to deal with it, boost up the rating or suck it up.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited January 2012
    If you guys want to report him click on this-

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

EA might not do anything, but the FBI might.
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited January 2012
    NumNumm wrote:
    Dawdee wrote:

I'm not saying at sl that it's not a threat or that it isn't unlawful. I am saying; however, that in life, certain things get priority over others, be it fair or not, you know?

Like I've said before, ea is not liable for anyone who breaks their terms of service, as stated in their terms of service contract that we all just press " agree " without reading. Sad, but true :(

Whether or not EA claim to have no liability for what 3rd party people post on this site, thy are still legally bound to not knowingly host p.orn.o.graphy on a site marketed at minors. The fact they know about the images, and have not yet taken them all down, and have let this continue for so long, means they knowingly host p.orn. I'm pretty sure that the law in most countries supercedes any local agreement in such matters.

They should have shut the forums down for maintenance while they did a "search & destroy" on the forums (seriously how hard can it be to search for all posts by X user - this is usually standard forum functionality on any other site??). Honestly, an amateur site would have had this sorted a long time ago, yet a huge corporate company can't even give its "loyal" site members a reassuring post that they are working on it, and all we have to work with are recounted conversations individuals have had with various reps. Not good enough, regardless of any disclaimer/small print agreement - EA have a duty of care, a corporate social responsibility, and it is sorely lacking in this instance.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    NumNumm wrote:
    Dawdee wrote:

NumNumm do you realise in fact since the Sims forums is open to the general public that Sesert and EA can be prosecuted for hosting R18 images?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Agree with Erich_Raeder and MissElpheba

I to belive the laws in most countries overrule any agreement, why ells would the police take my complaint seriously?

EA if you can't handle this (and it do seem that way) then you need to realize it and go to the police yourself, so you in that way show your wish to stop this. If you don't do so you are partly responseble for this, atleast under some countries laws.
    Their is no shame in asking for help, but it is shamefull to keep pretending this isn't a problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    Agree with Erich_Raeder and MissElpheba

I to belive the laws in most countries overrule any agreement, why ells would the police take my complaint seriously?

EA if you can't handle this (and it do seem that way) then you need to realize it and go to the police yourself, so you in that way show your wish to stop this. If you don't do so you are partly responseble for this, atleast under some countries laws.
    Their is no shame in asking for help, but it is shamefull to keep pretending this isn't a problem.

I reported the images to HK TELA or known as the broadcasting authority in Hong Kong for underage children to see it is very wrong
  • Options
    AustralorpAustralorp Posts: 1,171 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I totally agree that this should be stopped, but what exactly can EA do about this, apart from get rid of the offending images? Go on, bash my post for saying that they can't do much, but the guy keeps getting new IP addresses. They can't ban the sicko if he keeps changing computers; they might as well ban everyone from this site.

The one thing they CAN do that will probably get rid of him is trace his IP address and inform the local police around his area. That ought to do something.