Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA -It's Rant Time-

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2012
    It is over for now. Last night I did contact customer service because there was still a disquesting thread on there that was overlooked by the moderator, and I told them about it, I also told them that they should have looked at all the threads and got rid of them. But anyway when I went back that thread was blocked. When I first came onto the forum the troll was making friends request and giving gift with threats, and I tried to ignore it and go on with my games, but, then I did not come on the forums and get as involved for awhile, but then I was not getting any help from EA so I went here for help and I started to trust again, then wham I saw it again. This is not a good time for this, there is an EP coming out that puts others in your game, what safeguards do the children have that keeps this stuff out of their game with the simport? I am more upset about that. I think at least they should have that monitored 24/7 no matter what it costs. That crazy will get his due, meanwhile we are heading into a game that brings that stuff to the surface and throws it in the face of our children, who are innocent, or at least they were before this garbage. You can say they can'e go on the forums because of the nasty stuff, but with Showtime how are you going to keep the nasty stuff out of their game? Can they ignore it? I do not think so, when they are being threatened when they do not allow something to go on in their game? I do not think this EP should have a teen rating not when we saw what has been going on here. Too much of that is going to get into the hearts and minds of our already impressional youth. Think about what the magnitude of a social game this is going to have on the teens and young children 10 and above playing this game, ofcourse they are going to want that EP it will be a fun EP for them, they will except anyone who wants to come to their game, lets look at their safety for a minute, and lets get some safeguards on the game for them. DO YOU HEAR US EA?????
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited January 2012
    Unfortunately, any controversy on this site or with the game is free advertising for The Sims Studio and EA.

What do they care if children are exposed to *********** and general abuse? – it’s just another day in the office for them - in a world where there are no adults to watch over them.

It wouldn't suprise me if they are doing the trolling themselves.

Let's be honest, they are the ones that invent annoying glitches and bugs that wind people up - like not being able to excavate in WA for a year or so. They probably find it funny. How about, taking a Sim for a tattoo when they had a 750LTR wish for it and then suddenly finding out your Sim just changed age - that's not a bug, they find it funny - it's amusing to them.
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    jimmysnan wrote:
    How do I file that complaint?

Here's their website:

https://www.esrb.org/about/contact.jsp

Thanks for the link Nik, I've filed a complaint and sent a link to screenshots to back it up. Normally, I'd wuss out and sit on my hands, but I see our little laroww in this thread and that just makes me so so so angry that someone as sweet and young and happy go lucky as she is could have seen photos the like of what littered our forums yesterday.

appreantly you don't know how the esrb works "Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB
  • Options
    AustralorpAustralorp Posts: 1,171 New Member
    edited January 2012
    In Australia, the game is rated M. What would it be now if we get psychos involved with Showtime?
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited January 2012
    plopppo wrote:
    Unfortunately, any controversy on this site or with the game is free advertising for The Sims Studio and EA.

What do they care if children are exposed to *********** and general abuse? – it’s just another day in the office for them - in a world where there are no adults to watch over them.

It wouldn't suprise me if they are doing the trolling themselves.

Let's be honest, they are the ones that invent annoying glitches and bugs that wind people up - like not being able to excavate in WA for a year or so. They probably find it funny. How about, taking a Sim for a tattoo when they had a 750LTR wish for it and then suddenly finding out your Sim just changed age - that's not a bug, they find it funny - it's amusing to them.

...I wouldn't take it THAT far.

or anywhere close to it.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    Australorp wrote:
    The one thing they CAN do that will probably get rid of him is trace his IP address and inform the local police around his area. That ought to do something.

Then that is what they need to do!
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Australorp wrote:
    In Australia, the game is rated M. What would it be now if we get psychos involved with Showtime?

let just say good luck on finding a copy
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    IR@ea.com is a good place to complain.

It will probably just take one screaming, livid, parent of a distraught child who happened to wander onto the forums and become emotionally unbalanced for life.

Investor Relations are kind of like a rabbit in headlights. They are the people who are more likely to kick in the door of The Sims Studio and say 'What the hell is going on in here?' - especially, if they are seeing a high increase in emails regarding complaints about The Sims 3.

Once you hit home there - you are automatically at the serious end of complaining - regardless of what it is. These people have nightmares about harrassment, etc - because they have to uphold it and sell it to investors.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    @ xkaylanicolex

You have to take it that far - it's their problem. They don't have the moderation capability for their site.

A really, truly, angry person will be screaming and blaming them - asking if this is what they show their kids at home, etc. It's that type of complaint which is more effective.

People either want it resolved or not - I would wager that some complaints people have already claimed to have made through various channels will be swept under the carpet.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    plopppo wrote:
    IR@ea.com is a good place to complain.

It will probably just take one screaming, livid, parent of a distraught child who happened to wander onto the forums and become emotionally unbalanced for life.

Investor Relations are kind of like a rabbit in headlights. They are the people who are more likely to kick in the door of The Sims Studio and say 'What the hell is going on in here?' - especially, if they are seeing a high increase in emails regarding complaints about The Sims 3.

Once you hit home there - you are automatically at the serious end of complaining - regardless of what it is. These people have nightmares about harrassment, etc - because they have to uphold it and sell it to investors.

thank you... I be the screaming teacher....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2012
    Australorp wrote:
    I totally agree that this should be stopped, but what exactly can EA do about this, apart from get rid of the offending images? Go on, bash my post for saying that they can't do much, but the guy keeps getting new IP addresses. They can't ban the sicko if he keeps changing computers; they might as well ban everyone from this site.

The one thing they CAN do that will probably get rid of him is trace his IP address and inform the local police around his area. That ought to do something.

EA can stop handing out serial numbers to the same person who must have lied over 100 times claiming to have lost his own. That's how he's registering valid accounts in the first place and he's never made any secret about doing so.

IMO there is a lot EA could be doing, they just refuse to.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Indeed.

You Tube and file sharers take heat from content hosted on them. What makes EA any different?

Call centres pay fines for leaving customers queuing too long on chargeable numbers. Why? Because they are deemed to require to take on more staff.

EA choose not to have the moderation on this site that they could have.

EA are not as cocooned as they think they are.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Australorp wrote:

let just say good luck on finding a copy

Yes, let's.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Australorp wrote:
    I totally agree that this should be stopped, but what exactly can EA do about this, apart from get rid of the offending images? Go on, bash my post for saying that they can't do much, but the guy keeps getting new IP addresses. They can't ban the sicko if he keeps changing computers; they might as well ban everyone from this site.

EA can stop handing out serial numbers to the same person who must have lied over 100 times claiming to have lost his own. That's how he's registering valid accounts in the first place and he's never made any secret about doing so.

That's exactly right but how are they to know who he is? If they stop handing out codes altogether it's going to be rather difficult and frustrating for people who HAVE lost their discs. I honestly don't see much that they can do without seriously damaging the Sims 3 community, except for tracing his IP.
  • Options
    DebbidooDebbidoo Posts: 1,555 New Member
    edited January 2012
    :shock:
  • Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited January 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Australorp wrote:

this ^
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited January 2012
    Australorp wrote:
    but the guy keeps getting new IP addresses. They can't ban the sicko if he keeps changing computers; they might as well ban everyone from this site.

Hang on, where are you getting this information from, how do you know this?

Those of us who have been hit by him on our external blogs/websites are all reporting the same IP address, over the last 3 weeks or so. I posted this last week on another thread:
    Web stats can provide quite a bit. For example, a troll will typically use Windows XP and Firefox 3.6, their screen resolution may be 1024x768. Their ISP will start with a V and they will visit my Wordpress blog 203 times in 2 weeks. The entry page for their visit will always be the post I made about Plagiarists which they may or may not have bookmarked for quick access. They will probably like that page because it mentions their name in it. The stats will also tell me their IP address and the US city and State they are in. They may spend up to 34 minutes and 29 seconds on the same page, just idly sitting there.

I will probably be able to see that they may have also visited my .com website. They may have clicked on a link from a well known Sims blog or clicked on my signature on any of my posts over here. Whilst on my website they may click on the Disqus comments and see where else I have been posting online.

It's not too difficult to understand ;)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    he changes ip address whenever he ban from the old one that how we know
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Anyone being handed forum access after being GIVEN a Licence Key, should be on 'Posting Approval' - ie all of their posts go into a queue that have to be approved by a moderator before they show up on the forums.

Other forums do this when they have people who they suspect may be problematic.

The question is, just how many Licence Keys are EA chucking about? If it is loads and loads, then why the hell are we purchasing stuff from them when we can just phone up and get a free game/EP/SP?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    he changes ip address whenever he ban from the old one that how we know

How do you know that? What's your source?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It's not so much the IP - it is the email address. Nobody has a static IP unless they are a company/website.

His IP is irrelevent - no need to even proxy it as he may be on a leading ISP. His email address that he is using for verification is what he will always be looking to change.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2012
    You may think EA enjoy seeing this, but I don't. You can't just ban a user through normal means, because as you you see he just gets another code and use the same computer meaning as long it is not a IP ban he can continue to do this. As long as EA cannot do a IP ban EA is powerless. Alot of people do not know how involved it is to get a IP ban and is that effective enough. EA can increase the moderators on this site and delete these obscene posts but ultimately it would be best to track down this perp and arrest him/her and if this perp in a foreign country things can be a little more stickier to get the perp. Since this happened before it will eventually happen again and the worst scenario EA can close the forum section. I perfer the old style used in Sims 2 for I did not see too many obscene posts there.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    His IP has no relevence. Everyone's IP address changes slightly when they reconnect to the internet. An ISP allocate them on the fly. The latter part of the IP changes. If you block his IP - he just disconnects from the internet and reconnects with a slightly different IP.

However, to log on and post he has to provide credentials - those credentials are not tied to an IP - anyone can log in and post purely on their credentials - the IP is meaningless.

All they know is the ISP involved; however, if he uses a proxy - say a public one from a university/library, etc then the site would block a mass of people using the same proxy (assuming any of them are trying to post here too).

Basically, the IP is not unique to him - they can't block it. If he disconnects then his old IP can be transferred to another user of his ISP and, if they are a Sims 3 forum member (by chance), the would be blocked.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    @plopppo & Goldmar

Exactly! I don't know why people are stating as fact that he is using different IPs when all the information collated is proving the exact opposite. EA have stated on countless occasions by phone, chat and email to loads of us that they do not ban IPs because it is a fruitless task. I really wish people would start understanding this.

The other, very important, point is that at the moment you do not need a verified email address to set up a new account as email verification is NOT required. Hopefully this will be changing soon as it seems to be the main flaw in the system. That, and being able to gift someone you are not friends with.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    fabe7fabe7 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited January 2012
    So Much Has Been Posted! :shock: