Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA -It's Rant Time-

fabe7fabe7 Posts: 1,585 New Member
BEWARE: I will be ranting....

EA this has gotten out of control, like some fellow simmers have said. THIS IS A CHILDRENS SITE! No child should be exposed to these images! Or talk like some of the topic threads last night. You can delete his threads but delete WHOLE CONTEST I mean really with your kind of power I think you can delete just one post. I have been on for 2 attacks and I was luckily that when I started scrolling down I stopped, other it's too late. Now he is clogging the exchange up! EA I come on! This is ridiculous And YOU know whats going on because your deleting stuff. Not only has images and post have been on but DEATH THREATS!!!! Now that is a different story, we can deal with once a year attacks but DEATH THREATS are totally unnecessary and wrong. By the way, it's a felony. I have been given a death threat so I will keep that near me because I so as another one of us gets one, I can gladly report it. So EA if you delete my thread. Atleast read it first, And FIX THIS.

rant over :)

Comments

• Options
    Cobesta97Cobesta97 Posts: 964 Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree, no matter how old somebody is, they shouldn't see those images unwantingly. Us simmers will probably have to join another sims forum or something, but not everybody from here will join the same forums if this does happen. It will happen very soon if EA don't help.
  • Options
    laroww14laroww14 Posts: 545 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I definetly second that!
    I mean i'm a teenage girl thinking that Oh This'll be Ok, its a game that i've loved since..gosh i dunnoh how long.
    I just started this in like Oct. or Nov.
    Wish i would've known this was going on or i would've thought twice.
    I mean you can't buy the game and then not sign up for the site, then you can't share you adorable little simmies, but if THIS is what's happening I don't want in on the fun.
  • Options
    melslittleworldmelslittleworld Posts: 399 Member
    edited January 2012
    I don't know who or what you are talking about.. I seem to miss everything.. however, some of the "patterns" in the exchange... really they are nasty. Naked and nearly naked women. I think that is wrong. If you are going to have an exchange then moderate it!
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited January 2012
    fabe7 wrote:
    BEWARE: I will be ranting....

EA this has gotten out of control, like some fellow simmers have said. THIS IS A CHILDRENS SITE! No child should be exposed to these images! Or talk like some of the topic threads last night. You can delete his threads but delete WHOLE CONTEST I mean really with your kind of power I think you can delete just one post. I have been on for 2 attacks and I was luckily that when I started scrolling down I stopped, other it's too late. Now he is clogging the exchange up! EA I come on! This is ridiculous And YOU know whats going on because your deleting stuff. Not only has images and post have been on but DEATH THREATS!!!! Now that is a different story, we can deal with once a year attacks but DEATH THREATS are totally unnecessary and wrong. By the way, it's a felony. I have been given a death threat so I will keep that near me because I so as another one of us gets one, I can gladly report it. So EA if you delete my thread. Atleast read it first, And FIX THIS.

rant over :)

I Second ^
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I don't know who or what you are talking about.. I seem to miss everything.. however, some of the "patterns" in the exchange... really they are nasty. Naked and nearly naked women. I think that is wrong. If you are going to have an exchange then moderate it!

I Agree, Someone Came On (They Do This Alot :roll: ) And Posted Vulgar Images.
  • Options
    Sam7777777Sam7777777 Posts: 1,942 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree with you fabe 100%. EA is not doing their job in the slightest, considering that the images are still up and viewable to anyone...

Get your act together, EA. Your customers are upset and deserve better than this lack of attention.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Is it alright if i rant now?
    Too bad i will anyway but it will be short.

Alright EA! What's up with this?! I put a post in the Technical Discussion about the hijacked-with-gross-images exchange and I don't see it...there isn't THAT many people with technical difficulties because i posted it not too long ago...i even checked the ones that haven't had new messages..what gives? i'll go check again if it's there but this is the first time this has happened while i have played and im already fed up with the darn site!

alright im done...for now.
  • Options
    IzabelliIzabelli Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited January 2012
    I totally agree with you! This is the first time I saw this person but I don't ever wanna see him and his disgusting pictures again! EA should do something with the trolls NOW!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Larroww- We Had This WHOLE Thread PREVENTING THIS GUY & Guess What Little Guy Posts On It Or Something...Thread Becomes Locked...Then BOOM! Deleted! Not To Mention It Was ORIGINALLY POSTED IN GIFTING But Then Mysteriously Moved. They Have This Whole Scheme So No Blows There Cover. Well Too Bad! It Was Blown When That Maryland Mom Found The Images.
  • Options
    Cobesta97Cobesta97 Posts: 964 Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree that EA aren't doing their job to the best of their ability, but think about it. All they can really do is block his accounts and block his I.P. He can go on multiple computers and keep signing up with names that aren't so suspicious and then all of a sudden use the army of accounts to do all this again. But EA need to watch over it 24/7 or atleast elect some trusty members of the site to be moderators, and from different time zones so everybody can watch it at different times.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Cobesta97 wrote:
    I agree that EA aren't doing their job to the best of their ability, but think about it. All they can really do is block his accounts and block his I.P. He can go on multiple computers and keep signing up with names that aren't so suspicious and then all of a sudden use the army of accounts to do all this again. But EA need to watch over it 24/7 or atleast elect some trusty members of the site to be moderators, and from different time zones so everybody can watch it at different times.

I Agree, But It's Not Even That. They Haven't Even Blocked His IP.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Alright EA here it goes again..

I JUST checked to see if my post was there and guess what..it's not but the messages from that creeep ARE! I mean I put it up there thinking" OH people are having problems with the exchange then why not warn them not to go there in THE FIRST PLACE!"
    I'm doing my civic duty and making sure EVERYONE knows that this guy EVEN got to the exchange! But no, you take it down. Don't you EVER think that there are YOUNG KIDS AND TEENS on this and if we warn them that MAYBE they'll be grown up enough NOT too look and be scarred like i accidently was. This is ridiculous EA, I'm about to pack up and go home. Maybe just play the game and not worry about people seeing my new sims. WHAT IF MY PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS WALKED BEHIND ME AND SAW?! This is the one thing I enjoy and that could be taken away because you delete the ones WARNING people but not the ones the creep posts. I actually saw threads where that guy has been the last reply-er, get him BLOCKED!
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2012
    The images have been cleaned up that I can see I went on before 9;00 and they were still there! EA needs to check this out and stop it, but they may not have the expertice or the manpower. I just think that we will see this buzzard on national news for crimes against women or more. I think this is just the tip of the iceburg for him. He has a very sick mind, he needs a lot of help. If he is a minor, which I think I heard he was, I hope they get to him before any others become victims of more than just his nasty stuff on the forums. However, (I am most guilty) we are giving him attention and he is loving it. If we can stand the sicko stuff and not respond, then we are not giving him the attention that he seeks. However, as you say there are children on this site. You need to register a game to have access to the forums, so if EA could check to see if the game has been previously registered to someone else than maybe they can stop him from getting new accounts.
    I do not know if they thought of this. He gets numbers from other unsuspecting kids on the forums who he actually gives his e-mail to to get the codes. They think they are helping him. Most of my fear is this sims portal that will be coming with the next EP, you can invite others to your game and you can converse with them, if there is not some kind of safty feature in that EP I think that he will prey on the kids and come right into their game with it. We should petition EA to protect our children on that. They can't delete what is already in the mind and eyes of our kids. I would say that a good lawsuit from a parent that has a child who was victimized will be the way to get EA to man up and listen to us. Other than wimping off and saying they are working on it.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2012
    The only way to force EA to properly deal with this issue is if their "Rated T for Teen" rating is in jeopardy of becoming "Rated M for Mature". Please contact the ESRB and file a complaint.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    laroww14 wrote:
    Alright EA here it goes again..

I JUST checked to see if my post was there and guess what..it's not but the messages from that creeep ARE! I mean I put it up there thinking" OH people are having problems with the exchange then why not warn them not to go there in THE FIRST PLACE!"
    I'm doing my civic duty and making sure EVERYONE knows that this guy EVEN got to the exchange! But no, you take it down. Don't you EVER think that there are YOUNG KIDS AND TEENS on this and if we warn them that MAYBE they'll be grown up enough NOT too look and be scarred like i accidently was. This is ridiculous EA, I'm about to pack up and go home. Maybe just play the game and not worry about people seeing my new sims. WHAT IF MY PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS WALKED BEHIND ME AND SAW?! This is the one thing I enjoy and that could be taken away because you delete the ones WARNING people but not the ones the creep posts. I actually saw threads where that guy has been the last reply-er, get him BLOCKED!

:O EA FIX THIS ALREADY IT'S BEEN A YEAR OF EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    How do I file that complaint?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    We need to do something. Protest or complain or Petition or SOMETHING. I'm a teen that loves this game, this guy has ruined it for me. Thanks EA. Can you guess who ISN'T gonna be buying any games from EA or EP's or SP's*I was thinking about it but not now!*
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited January 2012
    I agree 100% with you but I have begun to doubt the capability of EA to deal with this. This has been going on for a year now (maybe more) and this individual continues to scam EA out of serial codes in order to create new accounts. He has multiple accounts that are still active so he can basically go on forever doing this. He is a sick little kid that is mad at EA for banning him and he thinks that doing this will help his cause.

Many of us have already contacted EA CS about this and the local police in our countries as it goes behond this site (he also attacks other simmer's blogs). As you can see, it didn't stop much...

The only suggestion I can make at this point would be to report, ignore him when he is on this forum and to be very careful of whom you accept as your friends here as it could be him with one of his multiple accounts.
  • Options
    music_is_my_worldmusic_is_my_world Posts: 3,484 New Member
    edited January 2012

I second this.

Luckily, I don't tend to go onto the 'Patterns' bit on the Exchange but no-one should be exposed to such material. Seeing naked women on patterns on the website of a T rated game surely is M rated? Whatever rating it is, it's not apprpriate. I know users that aren't even thirteen on this website and there's material like this on a website where everyone can see? It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

I second this.

Luckily, I don't tend to go onto the 'Patterns' bit on the Exchange but no-one should be exposed to such material. Seeing naked women on patterns on the website of a T rated game surely is M rated? Whatever rating it is, it's not apprpriate. I know users that aren't even thirteen on this website and there's material like this on a website where everyone can see? It's ridiculous.

It goes beyond the patterns. It was all over the threads last night. He was basically attacking everyone's threads with naked pics. He has been doing this for a year now.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2012
    jimmysnan wrote:
    How do I file that complaint?

Here's their website:

https://www.esrb.org/about/contact.jsp
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    music_is_my_worldmusic_is_my_world Posts: 3,484 New Member
    edited January 2012
    MaryJos wrote:

I second this.

It goes beyond the patterns. It was all over the threads last night. He was basically attacking everyone's threads with naked pics. He has been doing this for a year now.

Really? :shock:
    Luckily, I was able to avoid that. I just hope I don't come across him in my visits to the forums.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    MaryJos wrote:

I second this.

Really? :shock:
    Luckily, I was able to avoid that. I just hope I don't come across him in my visits to the forums.

Oh yes, prey that you don't see this !!! He is a sick little kid with no life. I had so many threads ruined by him. I've also received death threats as gifts (he uses the gifting system to send nasty messages). And it goes beyond this site : he also attacks other simmer's blogs.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Get adblocker, it's free and it works and he hates that you can do it.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I was on as this happened..i did NOT post when i saw this. I just got off. This is ridiculous. -.-