Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA -It's Rant Time-

Comments

• Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited January 2012
    xXAngelicEvilXx - I hear the gurus can not hand out a warning or ban. That is handled by CS. The problem is that this is a 3 day weekend and like myself had things to do (other then work). And we all know CS is too busy handing out warnings for bumping because bumping is so bad.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited January 2012
    I think the point some people on here seem to forget, the troll included, that there are real people behind the computer screen. This is a victimization, just like any other, and can cause irrepairable damage to someone. What this person is doing is the new form of "bullying". And alot of people fail to understand that what this troll is doing is bullying. It is no different than what has been reported alot lately on the news and internet, the bullying on places like Facebook that can lead to tragedy. To you what may seem like "small potatoes" is very degrading and traumatizing to someone else. And if we do not look out for each other, who else is going to?
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited January 2012
    *****7 wrote:
    xXAngelicEvilXx - I hear the gurus can not hand out a warning or ban. That is handled by CS. The problem is that this is a 3 day weekend and like myself had things to do (other then work). And we all know CS is too busy handing out warnings for bumping because bumping is so bad.

Ugh. Gurus can't even hand one out? They definitely should be able to, as it's quite obvious that the current way of doing it just simply doesn't work. You need at least one person with those privileges around who will be able to access the forums and do what needs to be done whenever something like this happens. This is a game that many people play, and especially use the forums and games on the weekend. To not have someone with the proper authority who can be around on weekends is ridiculous for a forum and site of this magnitude.

And, the forums themselves, would likely run much better, if they were completely and 100% wiped. There are over 8K pages here in GD alone. An entire forum wipe would not only rid the forums of all the posts, but the forums would probably run faster and cleaner.

- Ban his accounts
    - Change Registration requirements
    - Change gifting requirements
    - Wipe forum and start all over

That and clean out the forums on at least a monthly basis. I don't mean forum wipes every month, but just cleaning out dead threads, removing duplicate threads, etc. etc.

Forums are like anything else. They need to be maintained. If you have the ability to code and run the Exchange, code and run the forums, code and run this entire website, as a matter of fact, then you have the ability to clean out the forums. Having extra hands would help, so I would suggest the Gurus having a bit more power to help, and maybe more for the Moderators if it helps.
  • Options
    cloudmakacloudmaka Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2012
    Joolster wrote:
    In order to get rid of a troll you ignore it 'til it goes away so I don't think making these threads is helping anything or anyone.

Also, please take your rose-coloured glasses off and put yourself in EA spot. I'm sure cleaning up forums and exchange because of a bitter troll is already wasting a ton of their time and effort that they could be spending on something else and they know it, yet they still have to do it. Blocking someone's IP is hardly going to do anything. Considering he's crafty enough to acquire numerous game codes to create new accounts on the site I'll assume it wouldn't be of much hassle for him to download an IP-enhancing programme. And no company in their right mind would want to change their Rated T to an M just because of a lunatic forummer.

Yes, because ignoring it for a year certainly made him go away, didn't it? He hasn't just struck the forums, he's sent death threats to people on their personal blogs. We have continuously blocked his IP from commenting, but he would just come back with another one. That has taken place since February or March of last year.

We have made suggestions as far as how to properly prevent him, or at least slow him down:

- So far, you don't need a valid email address to register here. Make that a requirement for one.

- You don't have to register a game to create an account. Make that a requirement.

- You don't have to be friends with another member to send them gifts. Change that.

- You don't have the option to decline a gift, or block/report hidden pages. Change that.

I'm sorry to burst the bubbles of people who are apparently new to this issue, but he's not here for the attention. He's not your everyday troll. He just wants to watch the world burn. He could care less about the responses. For example, you made a post, he'll come after you next, just because he saw you there. It has nothing to do with your post, but the fact that you posted and are visible. That's the way he operates, and sorry, a year of ignoring hasn't stopped him, and more ignoring won't stop him either. That should be evidenced by last night's stunt that he pulled.

You think he wants to watch the world burn by posting graphic images on the internet? :? Dont mean to offend but I think you might be new to troll issues as this is exactly what trolls do to seek attention and when they dont get enough they step it up even more dramtically ( example: death threats/ post on blogs ) I have been around for two of his so called attacks and neither where ignored by the community...they where imbraced with exactly what he wanted...post/comments/attention.
    I have said it in other posts and will say it again here...if you as someone part of a forum community wants the best chance of helping stop him then do whatever it is you want to in private and DO NOT put any type of post/comment anywhere that he can see as a response to him.

On a side note I must agree thou that I really dont understand why EA does not have mods that can delete post...that one I dont understand at all lol
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    cloudmaka wrote:
    Joolster wrote:
    In order to get rid of a troll you ignore it 'til it goes away so I don't think making these threads is helping anything or anyone.

Also, please take your rose-coloured glasses off and put yourself in EA spot. I'm sure cleaning up forums and exchange because of a bitter troll is already wasting a ton of their time and effort that they could be spending on something else and they know it, yet they still have to do it. Blocking someone's IP is hardly going to do anything. Considering he's crafty enough to acquire numerous game codes to create new accounts on the site I'll assume it wouldn't be of much hassle for him to download an IP-enhancing programme. And no company in their right mind would want to change their Rated T to an M just because of a lunatic forummer.

Yes, because ignoring it for a year certainly made him go away, didn't it? He hasn't just struck the forums, he's sent death threats to people on their personal blogs. We have continuously blocked his IP from commenting, but he would just come back with another one. That has taken place since February or March of last year.

We have made suggestions as far as how to properly prevent him, or at least slow him down:

- So far, you don't need a valid email address to register here. Make that a requirement for one.

- You don't have to register a game to create an account. Make that a requirement.

- You don't have to be friends with another member to send them gifts. Change that.

- You don't have the option to decline a gift, or block/report hidden pages. Change that.

I'm sorry to burst the bubbles of people who are apparently new to this issue, but he's not here for the attention. He's not your everyday troll. He just wants to watch the world burn. He could care less about the responses. For example, you made a post, he'll come after you next, just because he saw you there. It has nothing to do with your post, but the fact that you posted and are visible. That's the way he operates, and sorry, a year of ignoring hasn't stopped him, and more ignoring won't stop him either. That should be evidenced by last night's stunt that he pulled.

You think he wants to watch the world burn by posting graphic images on the internet? :? Dont mean to offend but I think you might be new to troll issues as this is exactly what trolls do to seek attention and when they dont get enough they step it up even more dramtically ( example: death threats/ post on blogs ) I have been around for two of his so called attacks and neither where ignored by the community...they where imbraced with exactly what he wanted...post/comments/attention.
    I have said it in other posts and will say it again here...if you as someone part of a forum community wants the best chance of helping stop him then do whatever it is you want to in private and DO NOT put any type of post/comment anywhere that he can see as a response to him.

On a side note I must agree thou that I really dont understand why EA does not have mods that can delete post...that one I dont understand at all lol

Actually I am not new. There were a couple times where I did respond, but then fully started just ignoring and blocking him. He still came back. This is on my own website, not here mind you. I never responded to him on here that I can ever remember.

And yes, some people just want to watch the world burn, and I believe that he's one of them. I never said he's not a troll, I said that he's not your average one that will just go away after being ignored. If that were the case, he would have been long gone by now.
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited January 2012
    He just wants to watch the world burn.

Is that a quote from Lost? Sorry. I agree with you. The tech team says IP blocking isn't enough.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Is that a quote from Lost? Sorry. I agree with you. The tech team says IP blocking isn't enough.

No, lol. While I love the show LOST, that is actually from The Dark Knight when Alfred is referencing the Joker.
  • Options
    beaglelover2008beaglelover2008 Posts: 4,758 Member
    edited January 2012

No, lol. While I love the show LOST, that is actually from The Dark Knight when Alfred is referencing the Joker.

That's right! Sorry, I knew it was from something I had watched recently, but I couldn't remember which one.
  • Options
    fabe7fabe7 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited January 2012
    :shock: Alot Of People Have Posted & I Agree With Lots Of Them.

Adding To Forum Cleaning....

I Joined In 09' I Added My First Forum Thread About The Japan Earthquake...It's Still Up. :roll: If A Thread Has Been Inactive For A Certain Amount Of Time It Should Be Deleted. End Of Story.

Adding To Trolling....

Yea, Giving Him Attention Feeds The Dragon But I'm Looking For EA'S Attention So Atleast They Can Comment On This, Instead Of Sweeping It Under The Rug. All I'm Looking For Is Reinsurance That This Won't Be Tolerated.
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited January 2012
    *****7 wrote:

Ugh. Gurus can't even hand one out? They definitely should be able to, as it's quite obvious that the current way of doing it just simply doesn't work. You need at least one person with those privileges around who will be able to access the forums and do what needs to be done whenever something like this happens. This is a game that many people play, and especially use the forums and games on the weekend. To not have someone with the proper authority who can be around on weekends is ridiculous for a forum and site of this magnitude.

And, the forums themselves, would likely run much better, if they were completely and 100% wiped. There are over 8K pages here in GD alone. An entire forum wipe would not only rid the forums of all the posts, but the forums would probably run faster and cleaner.

- Ban his accounts
    - Change Registration requirements
    - Change gifting requirements
    - Wipe forum and start all over

That and clean out the forums on at least a monthly basis. I don't mean forum wipes every month, but just cleaning out dead threads, removing duplicate threads, etc. etc.

Forums are like anything else. They need to be maintained. If you have the ability to code and run the Exchange, code and run the forums, code and run this entire website, as a matter of fact, then you have the ability to clean out the forums. Having extra hands would help, so I would suggest the Gurus having a bit more power to help, and maybe more for the Moderators if it helps.

I'm all in favor of a forum wipe, but with due notice so that important threads (user created help threads, how-tos, lists for safe/removing CC, free stuff, ongoing contests, modelling cycles, peoples' personal creation threads etc) could be copied by their hosts. If it all disappeared overnight, there'd be outcry, and the community would never really get back on its feet.
  • Options
    EllieOllyEllieOlly Posts: 1,534
    edited January 2012
    completely agree. :) well said! :thumbup:
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited January 2012
    For all those saying move on and ignore, xXAngelicEvilXx has explained perfectly that this does not work. I'd like to get a few things straight for those who still think this isn't really a big deal. From hereon I shall refer to the troll as "it"

- It started this hate campaign because it was called out as a plagiarist in February of last year by several external bloggers and Sims sites and on a thread on here.
    - It has been continuing this hate campaign on external blogs and forums ever since, with a short break over the Summer.
    - It has NEVER gone away, just because it's not on here doesn't mean it has stopped, just means that it's not everyone's problem.
    - It is now in the USA which means it is easier to get the attention of the authorities and media when reported.
    - It has created in excess of 160 user accounts on here.
    - It seems to suffer from some kind of sexual identity confusion, is clearly sociopathic, and is very, very mentally sick. It will not stop until it is deprived of the internet and gets some psychiatric help.
    - If it is a child it will probably go on to commit an act which will have devastating consequences for someone as it gets older. If it is an adult it probably already has.

My blood is boiling over some of the comments I have read on this thread and others. Have those users who have posted 'report and move on' countless times considered how insulting it is to those of us who have endured this for nearly a year? Do they actually have any idea of what they are talking about? Clearly not. Otherwise they would be taking on board the numerous threads and posts concerning it and it's actions and realise that maybe, just maybe, this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    fabe7fabe7 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited January 2012
    My blood is boiling over some of the comments I have read on this thread and others. Have those users who have posted 'report and move on' countless times considered how insulting it is to those of us who have endured this for nearly a year? Do they actually have any idea of what they are talking about? Clearly not. Otherwise they would be taking on board the numerous threads and posts concerning it and it's actions and realise that maybe, just maybe, this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Agree ^
  • Options
    MissElphebaMissElpheba Posts: 3,810 Member
    edited January 2012
    For all those saying move on and ignore, xXAngelicEvilXx has explained perfectly that this does not work. I'd like to get a few things straight for those who still think this isn't really a big deal. From hereon I shall refer to the troll as "it"

- It started this hate campaign because it was called out as a plagiarist in February of last year by several external bloggers and Sims sites and on a thread on here.
    - It has been continuing this hate campaign on external blogs and forums ever since, with a short break over the Summer.
    - It has NEVER gone away, just because it's not on here doesn't mean it has stopped, just means that it's not everyone's problem.
    - It is now in the USA which means it is easier to get the attention of the authorities and media when reported.
    - It seems to suffer from some kind of sexual identity confusion, is clearly sociopathic, and is very, very mentally sick. It will not stop until it is deprived of the internet and gets some psychiatric help.
    - If it is a child it will probably go on to commit an act which will have devastating consequences for someone as it gets older. If it is an adult it probably already has.

I agree, there is a difference between ignoring a pesky trolling, and standing up to a bully who HAS threatened and hurt people on these forums. We are talking about MINORS who have been gifted items containg sick por.no.grap.hic images, been threatened (if you're 13/14 full of mood swings and conflicting hormones, and someone sends you a death threat, do you really not think it's a big deal??) and been forced to leave the site. If got together as a community, spammed EA's social network pages (which is what they're only concerned with anyway), collectively emailed/tweeted to various child welfare groups, EA partners/media etc then EA would at least act to ban "it" and prevent it or any other having this kind of power to mentally hurt others again. Saying "Oh it'll go away if we ignore it" clearly isn't the case here.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited January 2012
    EA is well aware that this site is for teenagers since the game is rated teen, i assume the site would be rated teen too. That being said, yes they know po.rn is not allowed here. However EA doesn't seem to have enough guru's online so it takes awhile for them to delete these threads and ban the guy. The moderators only have the power to lock and hide threads. Thats not very much.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    By no means am I saying " ignore it and it will go away" and I also do agree that yes some folks can find stuff that he post as more then just offensive to look at and take it harder then others. I also agree that children should not be subjected to what he post.

The only point I am trying to make is YOU as a simple member of a gaming community in a effort to help the issue is ignore it publically and deal with it in a private manner either with other simmers or with EA. I am sure half the reason EA does not post on these threads is for that reason alone, any attention giving to a troll or even a person with a far more worse issue as some of you seem to think will only feed that problem.

I agree that is seems EA does not do the best to monitor these forums but I also know for a fact that EA is one of the biggest game publishers in the world and is no new comer to dealing with issues like this. Based on that I would hope they are trying there best to get rid of people like this in all of the games they are a part of
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited January 2012
    fabe7 wrote:
    BEWARE: I will be ranting....

EA this has gotten out of control, like some fellow simmers have said. THIS IS A CHILDRENS SITE! No child should be exposed to these images! Or talk like some of the topic threads last night. You can delete his threads but delete WHOLE CONTEST I mean really with your kind of power I think you can delete just one post. I have been on for 2 attacks and I was luckily that when I started scrolling down I stopped, other it's too late. Now he is clogging the exchange up! EA I come on! This is ridiculous And YOU know whats going on because your deleting stuff. Not only has images and post have been on but DEATH THREATS!!!! Now that is a different story, we can deal with once a year attacks but DEATH THREATS are totally unnecessary and wrong. By the way, it's a felony. I have been given a death threat so I will keep that near me because I so as another one of us gets one, I can gladly report it. So EA if you delete my thread. Atleast read it first, And FIX THIS.

rant over :)

I completely agree with you it's rediculous I have my cousin on this site and he's 12 :|

OT I love your siggy its so sad and cute :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    cloudmaka wrote:
    By no means am I saying " ignore it and it will go away" and I also do agree that yes some folks can find stuff that he post as more then just offensive to look at and take it harder then others. I also agree that children should not be subjected to what he post.

The only point I am trying to make is YOU as a simple member of a gaming community in a effort to help the issue is ignore it publically and deal with it in a private manner either with other simmers or with EA. I am sure half the reason EA does not post on these threads is for that reason alone, any attention giving to a troll or even a person with a far more worse issue as some of you seem to think will only feed that problem.

I agree that is seems EA does not do the best to monitor these forums but I also know for a fact that EA is one of the biggest game publishers in the world and is no new comer to dealing with issues like this. Based on that I would hope they are trying there best to get rid of people like this in all of the games they are a part of

And once again, I'm no newcomer to this as well, as I've been putting up with this for almost a year. Over that past year, I called EA constantly trying to get the ball rolling during the year, and we can see how well that worked out.

I have a Facebook group dedicated to sharing information about this issue off of the forums, I'm in contact with the FBI about the death threats against me and my husband, and I'm in contact with a reporter in St. Joseph MO who will be writing a story with regards this general issue of kids not being safe on sites they are supposed to be safe on.

Believe me, I'm doing all I can, and I'm getting close to being mentally and emotionally exhausted. My husband's currently in Afghanistan, has been gone over a month, so you could say that I have enough to deal with regarding that particular issue, but here I am, still going, and I will keep going until this situation has been dealt with properly.

Those saying it will do no good, or that I should just shut up and move on don't seem to have the faintest clue that several of us having to put up with this have tried everything, and we will continue trying, because no member here deserves the treatment they've received from this person. I'm not the biggest fan of these forums, or of EA, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the people here, and I do care about the community as a whole. I'll fight as long as I can, but please don't assume that all I do is post on these forums. I and others are doing much more than that.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    cloudmaka wrote:

And once again, I'm no newcomer to this as well, as I've been putting up with this for almost a year. Over that past year, I called EA constantly trying to get the ball rolling during the year, and we can see how well that worked out.

I have a Facebook group dedicated to sharing information about this issue off of the forums, I'm in contact with the FBI about the death threats against me and my husband, and I'm in contact with a reporter in St. Joseph MO who will be writing a story with regards this general issue of kids not being safe on sites they are supposed to be safe on.

Believe me, I'm doing all I can, and I'm getting close to being mentally and emotionally exhausted. My husband's currently in Afghanistan, has been gone over a month, so you could say that I have enough to deal with regarding that particular issue, but here I am, still going, and I will keep going until this situation has been dealt with properly.

Those saying it will do no good, or that I should just shut up and move on don't seem to have the faintest clue that several of us having to put up with this have tried everything, and we will continue trying, because no member here deserves the treatment they've received from this person. I'm not the biggest fan of these forums, or of EA, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the people here, and I do care about the community as a whole. I'll fight as long as I can, but please don't assume that all I do is post on these forums. I and others are doing much more than that.

well, I really do hope all your hard work pays off in the end and it is nice to see some folks are willing to put in that extra effort to try to make things safer for folks they will never even deal with.

At one point in my life I did alot of work with dogs in shelters and could easily if only thinking with my heart ended up with a house full of 50 dogs lol ..... point being if you are becoming exausted physically and mentally sometimes it is best to consider how much it is worth it if it has a chance of effecting your own health. :wink:
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited January 2012
    cloudmaka wrote:

Why do you assume that I haven't? And it doesn't need feeding, it feeds itself in it's own, deluded mind. After receiving hundreds of comments either telling me it will come and kill me or telling me to kill myself, absolutely NONE of which I have responded to for 9 months, it still carries on. But it's not just me, there are a lot of us. And it is not stopping.

Edit - Sorry if I sound irate but, like AE has said, this has been going on for too long. When it affects us on our external blogs we can ignore it. But when it comes back over here it's too hard to ignore.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    xTaylaxTayla Posts: 54
    edited January 2012
    this is getting disgusting. the past three threads i've looked at, he's posted with the same dirty pictures. i let my little sister watch me on the forums and on sims. she's four, and she was totally freaked out when she saw it. :l
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    cloudmaka wrote:

Why do you assume that I haven't? And it doesn't need feeding, it feeds itself in it's own, deluded mind. After receiving hundreds of comments either telling me it will come and kill me or telling me to kill myself, absolutely NONE of which I have responded to for 9 months, it still carries on. But it's not just me, there are a lot of us. And it is not stopping.

Edit - Sorry if I sound irate but, like AE has said, this has been going on for too long. When it affects us on our external blogs we can ignore it. But when it comes back over here it's too hard to ignore.

I am not assuming you have or you have not nor am I saying the ONLY reason he comes back is because people post. I was simply trying to say that posting publically will help feed it and give him attention. If you say you have ignored it publically then good work! and I am sorry he still finds a way to bother you. :(

No reason to say your sorry...I do understand how situations like this can be really annoying and sorry that he is able to get to you :(. I am one of the lucky ones that even if he did post something or annoyed me in a way that would get to me I fight it with every bit I have to not let him just so I would not give him any satisfaction lol
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012

I agree, there is a difference between ignoring a pesky trolling, and standing up to a bully who HAS threatened and hurt people on these forums. We are talking about MINORS who have been gifted items containg sick por.no.grap.hic images, been threatened (if you're 13/14 full of mood swings and conflicting hormones, and someone sends you a death threat, do you really not think it's a big deal??) and been forced to leave the site. If got together as a community, spammed EA's social network pages (which is what they're only concerned with anyway), collectively emailed/tweeted to various child welfare groups, EA partners/media etc then EA would at least act to ban "it" and prevent it or any other having this kind of power to mentally hurt others again. Saying "Oh it'll go away if we ignore it" clearly isn't the case here.

I agree... what it does is very hurtfull
    and I fear it maybe very dangerus to the comunity, and I talk real life as well as here. Don't underestimate the damage any psykological violent can do.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    cloudmaka wrote:
    cloudmaka wrote:

I am not assuming you have or you have not nor am I saying the ONLY reason he comes back is because people post. I was simply trying to say that posting publically will help feed it and give him attention. If you say you have ignored it publically then good work! and I am sorry he still finds a way to bother you. :(

No reason to say your sorry...I do understand how situations like this can be really annoying and sorry that he is able to get to you :(. I am one of the lucky ones that even if he did post something or annoyed me in a way that would get to me I fight it with every bit I have to not let him just so I would not give him any satisfaction lol

It dosn't come back becouse we post... we post when it is back.
    All out of no where I just got new gifts (death threats) over a week ago.

You don't seem to either understand or respect fully what some have been saying.
    I'm sorry but thats how your text sounds to me.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    laroww14laroww14 Posts: 545 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I was just in a forum that you have to describe the avi above you and as i was going down the posts to see who i'd have to describe and i saw some wierd pic...it was another one of those...errr..images :shock:
    so obviously he's at it again-__-