Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA -It's Rant Time-

Comments

• Options
    Berolli14Berolli14 Posts: 554 New Member
    edited January 2012
    fabe7 wrote:
    BEWARE: I will be ranting....

EA this has gotten out of control, like some fellow simmers have said. THIS IS A CHILDRENS SITE! No child should be exposed to these images! Or talk like some of the topic threads last night. You can delete his threads but delete WHOLE CONTEST I mean really with your kind of power I think you can delete just one post. I have been on for 2 attacks and I was luckily that when I started scrolling down I stopped, other it's too late. Now he is clogging the exchange up! EA I come on! This is ridiculous And YOU know whats going on because your deleting stuff. Not only has images and post have been on but DEATH THREATS!!!! Now that is a different story, we can deal with once a year attacks but DEATH THREATS are totally unnecessary and wrong. By the way, it's a felony. I have been given a death threat so I will keep that near me because I so as another one of us gets one, I can gladly report it. So EA if you delete my thread. Atleast read it first, And FIX THIS.

rant over :)

Well Said! :)
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited January 2012
    The only thing I wish is that EA would give us a sign that they will not tolerate this or that they are doing something instead of just quietly deleting the threads and posts.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited January 2012
    For all those saying move on and ignore, xXAngelicEvilXx has explained perfectly that this does not work. I'd like to get a few things straight for those who still think this isn't really a big deal. From hereon I shall refer to the troll as "it"

- It started this hate campaign because it was called out as a plagiarist in February of last year by several external bloggers and Sims sites and on a thread on here.
    - It has been continuing this hate campaign on external blogs and forums ever since, with a short break over the Summer.
    - It has NEVER gone away, just because it's not on here doesn't mean it has stopped, just means that it's not everyone's problem.
    - It is now in the USA which means it is easier to get the attention of the authorities and media when reported.
    - It has created in excess of 160 user accounts on here.
    - It seems to suffer from some kind of sexual identity confusion, is clearly sociopathic, and is very, very mentally sick. It will not stop until it is deprived of the internet and gets some psychiatric help.
    - If it is a child it will probably go on to commit an act which will have devastating consequences for someone as it gets older. If it is an adult it probably already has.

My blood is boiling over some of the comments I have read on this thread and others. Have those users who have posted 'report and move on' countless times considered how insulting it is to those of us who have endured this for nearly a year? Do they actually have any idea of what they are talking about? Clearly not. Otherwise they would be taking on board the numerous threads and posts concerning it and it's actions and realise that maybe, just maybe, this is a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you Bluebell!! People do not seem to understand this is not a Lifetime movie of the week! This is real life! Let me tell you, I got a friend request from a ten year old today, I looked at her site, so far, so good, but you can bet I am going to to watch out for her and warn her away from the forums. Imagine if that were your ten year old and she got some of those things, that were here, or a gift message threatening her. I am actually thinking of posting a message to her mother, in the hopes the mother actually screens it, and try to warn her away from especially after last night. I know there is a possibility she may not be who she is, but what if she isn't? What if she were some child you knew, and it got on her account? Children are children and it is not ok or something to be just brushed off, there is always a chance...People should not always "let it go", it is ok to lend a hand or open your mouth!
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    cloudmakacloudmaka Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    It dosn't come back becouse we post... we post when it is back.
    All out of no where I just got new gifts (death threats) over a week ago.

You don't seem to either understand or respect fully what some have been saying.
    I'm sorry but thats how your text sounds to me.

I am sorry if my meaning is coming off wrong but I dont see how you could think I dont respect what people are saying if I have said I agree with most of it. " we post when it is back" is posting and as you saw in my last message I said posting is not the only reason he comes back but it is part of the reason
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2012
    @cloudmaka: Sorry to intrude here but I've been reading this thread and I think the big difference here is that you're old enough to see trolling for what it is, rationalise it and ignore it.

I'm fortunate that I haven't actually recieved a death threat from him. I've had gifts sent to me telling me to be abusive on other people's pages and if I am he will gift me a town, but I just had a chuckle to myself about it because in my mind unless he's scamming EA that way too he wasted his own money giving me a gift just to tell me to do something there was no way in hell I was actually going to do.

The death threats on the other hand are another matter entirely and given the age of a lot of users here, they won't be able to rationalise that the same way you or I would. I'd look at a death threat online and laugh then delete it. They might look at it with fear or it could well be the straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak.

You have to think of the other people here, not just yourself and when you're a kid you just can't ignore crap like that.

Edit: Plus as other users have said, they let their little kids watch them while they're on the forum, or their kids may be in the same room. Do you want to explain to a very young child why a woman is sat splayed in such a way with male anatomy? I think not.

Ignoring him as proven not to work and it's time EA pulled their finger out and actually did something about it, he hasn't exactly been secretive about just how he is getting all these accounts and if EA continue to refuse to do anything about this then at some point one of these news outlets WILL take up the story and shame EA into doing something.

I'd make the effort myself, but the brunt of his attacks tend to happen when I'm not online so I can never collate the evidence to post to the media outlets here in the UK.
  • Options
    laroww14laroww14 Posts: 545 New Member
    edited January 2012
    I dont think I'm using forums for awhile...to upload a sim here and there maybe but not forums..sorry but this is ridiculous!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    cloudmaka wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

You don't seem to either understand or respect fully what some have been saying.

I am sorry if my meaning is coming off wrong but I dont see how you could think I dont respect what people are saying if I have said I agree with most of it. " we post when it is back" is posting and as you saw in my last message I said posting is not the only reason he comes back but it is part of the reason

I understand what you are saying Cloud (my fave FF character) but you should try to understand that this only gets talked about when he comes back unprovoked. People need to talk about this in order to get past (sp?) it. And this is a topic we have in common because it is happening to a place that up until this happened, has been quite enjoyable. And for some of us, this is the only place to do it, if not anything to keep updated on what obviously needs to be dealt with legally or professionally. So this is our outlet to being victimized.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    fabe7 wrote:
    BEWARE: I will be ranting....

EA this has gotten out of control, like some fellow simmers have said. THIS IS A CHILDRENS SITE! No child should be exposed to these images! Or talk like some of the topic threads last night. You can delete his threads but delete WHOLE CONTEST I mean really with your kind of power I think you can delete just one post. I have been on for 2 attacks and I was luckily that when I started scrolling down I stopped, other it's too late. Now he is clogging the exchange up! EA I come on! This is ridiculous And YOU know whats going on because your deleting stuff. Not only has images and post have been on but DEATH THREATS!!!! Now that is a different story, we can deal with once a year attacks but DEATH THREATS are totally unnecessary and wrong. By the way, it's a felony. I have been given a death threat so I will keep that near me because I so as another one of us gets one, I can gladly report it. So EA if you delete my thread. Atleast read it first, And FIX THIS.

rant over :)

I completely agree with you it's rediculous I have my cousin on this site and he's 12 :|

OT I love your siggy its so sad and cute :)

I know, I was going to invite my nephew to join, he is 12 and the only family that plays the Sims besides me, but no way that is happening now. I am not going to suggest this site for many, many years if he is still playing.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    @cloudmaka: Sorry to intrude here but I've been reading this thread and I think the big difference here is that you're old enough to see trolling for what it is, rationalise it and ignore it.

I'm fortunate that I haven't actually recieved a death threat from him. I've had gifts sent to me telling me to be abusive on other people's pages and if I am he will gift me a town, but I just had a chuckle to myself about it because in my mind unless he's scamming EA that way too he wasted his own money giving me a gift just to tell me to do something there was no way in hell I was actually going to do.

The death threats on the other hand are another matter entirely and given the age of a lot of users here, they won't be able to rationalise that the same way you or I would. I'd look at a death threat online and laugh then delete it. They might look at it with fear or it could well be the straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak.

You have to think of the other people here, not just yourself and when you're a kid you just can't ignore crap like that.

Edit: Plus as other users have said, they let their little kids watch them while they're on the forum, or their kids may be in the same room. Do you want to explain to a very young child why a woman is sat splayed in such a way with male anatomy? I think not.

Ignoring him as proven not to work and it's time EA pulled their finger out and actually did something about it, he hasn't exactly been secretive about just how he is getting all these accounts and if EA continue to refuse to do anything about this then at some point one of these news outlets WILL take up the story and shame EA into doing something.

I'd make the effort myself, but the brunt of his attacks tend to happen when I'm not online so I can never collate the evidence to post to the media outlets here in the UK.

Yes you are right in that I personally can ignore a troll but I do understand the other side with people that cant/young children seeing this/ect and I really do think that folks that have tried to go the extra effort to help stop him are awsome! :)

The main point I was trying to make with any statment I have made that included "ignore" was to do it publically. By all means try your best in private to help stop him in any matter you see fit.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    MaryJos wrote:
    The only thing I wish is that EA would give us a sign that they will not tolerate this or that they are doing something instead of just quietly deleting the threads and posts.

Some form acknowledgement would be nice on EA's part, you hear that Gurus and Mods??? We are real people with real fears!!!" But I doubt it will, because they would have to acknowledge they also let this get out of hand.

Redeem yourself EA, let us know you care just a little!!! Please!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    cloudmaka wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

I understand what you are saying Cloud (my fave FF character) but you should try to understand that this only gets talked about when he comes back unprovoked. People need to talk about this in order to get past (sp?) it. And this is a topic we have in common because it is happening to a place that up until this happened, has been quite enjoyable. And for some of us, this is the only place to do it, if not anything to keep updated on what obviously needs to be dealt with legally or professionally. So this is our outlet to being victimized.

First off...yes Cloud rocks in FF! :)

I was around for most of the post last night so much of what I have been saying is influenced by that and how many folks where posting/making threads at the time it was going on. When all is said is done and folks want to vent/talk about ways that might help I understand that completely ( even thou still it does help feed it :P )

If anything the main point I wanted to make was that anything said in public about his post will help feed it...no ignoring it will not make it jsut go away and no I dont think he is only responding because folks reply and make threads. But yes I do believe public responses in any way will help feed it
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    MaryJos wrote:

Some form acknowledgement would be nice on EA's part, you hear that Gurus and Mods??? We are real people with real fears!!!" But I doubt it will, because they would have to acknowledge they also let this get out of hand.

I think EA have made their stance on this very clear since they've had a year to sort this out and they haven't - they don't give a crap. I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed by now.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    @cloudmaka

Well I still don't think you fully understand.
    As some say we need to warn... and to make EA aware some where (as they ignore emails and any contact to CS)
    Yes I post, but I don't post right away! Wouldn't you cry help or fight if you got atacked in real life?
    Trust my I fight 10 times harder in silent.
    BUT I actualle have a higer legal responsebility do to my education!

@Darkslayer

lets just say I'm old an wise enough to understand what a troll is, this isn't your avarge troll.

All saying you need to report, ignor and move on, you need to consider the time this have been going on (even though it was ignored)
    For most of you guys this was 1 atack last night and 1 atack some monthes ago. Thats not the case for the rest of us. for some it been going on constantly for almost 12 monthes, and for some not at constant but out of the blue now and then the last 12 monthes.

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    @anettesb: Oh I know. I was here when the attacks started over a year ago and I didn't even see even a fraction of the private abuse he unleashed upon some of the simmers here off this site. I was trying to emphasise that at this point it's pretty much proven that ignoring this just doesn't work and isn't something that the younger members of this site may not be capable of.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited January 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    @anettesb: Oh I know. I was here when the attacks started over a year ago and I didn't even see even a fraction of the private abuse he unleashed upon some of the simmers here off this site. I was trying to emphasise that at this point it's pretty much proven that ignoring this just doesn't work and isn't something that the younger members of this site may not be capable of.

ok then I misunderstood you....

and I agree with you... beside as the adult on here I think we need to tell the minors to report to their parents... only responsible thing to do.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    cloudmaka wrote:

First off...yes Cloud rocks in FF! :)

I was around for most of the post last night so much of what I have been saying is influenced by that and how many folks where posting/making threads at the time it was going on. When all is said is done and folks want to vent/talk about ways that might help I understand that completely ( even thou still it does help feed it :P )

If anything the main point I wanted to make was that anything said in public about his post will help feed it...no ignoring it will not make it jsut go away and no I dont think he is only responding because folks reply and make threads. But yes I do believe public responses in any way will help feed it

Oh and I understand your point as well. :) And I know, I think alot of us know, or maybe even have that fear, that this will provoke it, but we have no alternative, and the more the word is spread about this the more people will understand and maybe, just maybe the right person will hear it and respond accordingly.

But by posting things like that only provokes the general pop. and then totally deconstructs the whole reason this thread was made. So it is a neverending circle. I understand that it could take away the productiveness of the forums, believe me, I did not want to spend almost 5 hours on here, trying to reign it into several spots as Bob was, and several others, in order to keep his posts limited, so people could go back to the other. Thank god he only got to Gifting with the majority as far as I know, I know he would post random ones in other threads which are still there, I think he was targeting certain people. Anyways, I did not want to do it, but I did because being a grandmother and a mother, I did not want others seeing this or their children, but I did it becaues I had to. I know you may not feel the same way and that is ok, but you are just provoking the masses by what you or others who have put it much, much more strongly than you, and totally defeating the purpose of what is trying to be accomplished and diminishing other peoples real feelings.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:
    MaryJos wrote:

I think EA have made their stance on this very clear since they've had a year to sort this out and they haven't - they don't give a crap. I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed by now.

I know, I just needed to let it out. That was me shouting! :)
    BTW, excellent post up above! :)
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited January 2012
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:
    MaryJos wrote:

Well, they did tell us when some users where stealing simpoints... I tought they had changes their ways but I guess not. Always leaving their clients in the dark, what a shame...
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2012
    Just heard the news that a teen was arrested or soliciting pot on Craigs list. If they can be arrested for posting on Craigs List why can't they do something here? Because there was a high profile case where women were shall I say unrepairably hurt and they look into that site. I hope we do not have to wait for this before they do something here.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited January 2012
    Don't go on the post hey EA I think its out of control because the stuffis still on there from last night, come on ea get rid of it.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Well, I am sorry if I derailed the original purpose of this thread please just know even thou it might seem I am debating some your goals/ideas in this thread it was not my intent. I was simple trying to help out and give some advice based on past dealings I have had with trolls.

I tend to lurk on these forums usually only posting with gaming issues/gaming only. And read threads like " you are doing it wrong" and " what is going on in your game now" because they are funny :lol:

I hope all of you that are putting in the effort to help stop him do make a difference and get some attention. The only other thing I can say is I am sorry to all those that seem to really been affected by this and I know easier said then done but try your best to not let some low life get the better of you and ruin your gaming. :)
  • Options
    SedrfigySedrfigy Posts: 503
    edited January 2012
    the game does say that online content is not rated. if parents are really concerned with what their children are seeing, they shouldn't allow a child to navigate the site unsupervised. im sure ea doesn't want vulgar images and does their best to keep them down if they know about them

if you disagree, and are really soooo offended, dont go on the exchange! what can we do?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    cloudmaka wrote:
    Well, I am sorry if I derailed the original purpose of this thread please just know even thou it might seem I am debating some your goals/ideas in this thread it was not my intent. I was simple trying to help out and give some advice based on past dealings I have had with trolls.

I tend to lurk on these forums usually only posting with gaming issues/gaming only. And read threads like " you are doing it wrong" and " what is going on in your game now" because they are funny :lol:

I hope all of you that are putting in the effort to help stop him do make a difference and get some attention. The only other thing I can say is I am sorry to all those that seem to really been affected by this and I know easier said then done but try your best to not let some low life get the better of you and ruin your gaming. :)

Well said my friend. :) I just want you to know I am not jumping on you and I do understand your point.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited January 2012
    @Sedrfigy = i don't go on the exchange i went to a innocent thread of TSBM i have been playing that thread since it began, then without warning bamb and inappropriate image, one i would never seek to see in my life.
    Why should the whole community change their experience and browsing on this sight for one deviate?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    MaryJos wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:
    MaryJos wrote:

Well, they did tell us when some users where stealing simpoints... I tought they had changes their ways but I guess not. Always leaving their clients in the dark, what a shame...

Yeah but that was affecting THEM financially because people were getting loads of items for free from the overpriced store when they should have been putting their hard earned real life money towards the overpriced store.

This on the surface isn’t affecting them, so IMO they don’t care. The only way that they will start to care is when their sales start to slump or when they are publically shamed and that will happen sooner or later, there are only so many times you can treat someone badly before they say no more and walk away and in this particular case the fact that they are continuing to ignore something so serious is just a classic example of what they think of us, their customers.

I’m reckoning that simmer morale is actually pretty low around here – I personally have felt that EA don’t give a crap about us for quite some time, they simply want to bleed me dry of my money.