Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

Comments

• Options
    stephanmonettestephanmonette Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Ahhh!! I can't fix this! Like most everyone else, I can download from the exchange but not the store, I get the same "There was an error Downloading Content {0}" crap. I'm on a Mac running 10.6.4, with the base game and High-End loft stuff, and the software is all up to date..... I talked to tech support and they had me go through all the ridiculous steps including making a new user account on my computer and re-installing the game... Anyone have a solution to this? I've bought a bunch of stuff and none of it works.
  • Options
    stephanmonettestephanmonette Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    What's more is I downloaded the .simspack from a seperate website and the launcher finds the pack and adds it to the downloaded content list. I can install it, it opens the installer and says its done successfully, and its then added to the installed list. When you play the game, Riverview isn't there! When you close the game and go back to the launcher, its no longer in the installed list and back in the downloaded content list saying its not installed.... :(
  • Options
    KingBrouzaKingBrouza Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    hi everyone, I'm having probleb with exterior castle set. It says all parts are downloaded but some I cannot find. After that I looked again, the missing parts are downloaded to buy mode. is it possible? Can't find anything there. or is it just error. how can I repair this? thx
  • Options
    chrlene686chrlene686 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey everyone, I too just bumped into the same problem straight after I installed Ambitions. Not sure if it is the game or the screwed up patches again. It ran smoothly previously :( but now its giving me this "There was an error Downloading Content {0}

I re-installed on both Windows and Mac and the same problem pops up! EA has been throwing out the same "solutions" to me that I've been seeing on this forum thread.

I can't even install a world that I created on CAW!
  • Options
    DCupDivaDCupDiva Posts: 7
    edited September 2010
    I have both MAC AND PC AND THIS IS HAPPENING ON BOTH. 1 LOVE THE SIMS, BUT AM STARTING TO FEEl CHEATED HAVING PAID FOR ALL THIS STUFF AND CAN'T USE IT!! EITHER THEY FIX THIS OR I AM DOWN WITH THE LEGAL ACTION ALSO. JUST RIDICULOUS!!! :evil: :thumbdown:
  • Options
    DCupDivaDCupDiva Posts: 7
    edited September 2010
    DCupDiva wrote:
    I have both MAC AND PC AND THIS IS HAPPENING ON BOTH. 1 LOVE THE SIMS, BUT AM STARTING TO FEEl CHEATED HAVING PAID FOR ALL THIS STUFF AND CAN'T USE IT!! EITHER THEY FIX THIS OR I AM DOWN WITH THE LEGAL ACTION ALSO. JUST RIDICULOUS!!! :evil: :thumbdown:

Okay, i used Google Chrome and the stuff downloaded without the error code. :D
  • Options
    grantk1998grantk1998 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2010
    DCupDiva wrote:
    DCupDiva wrote:

Okay, i used Google Chrome and the stuff downloaded without the error code. :D

so did I didnt matter, still cant download from store
  • Options
    albapetuniaalbapetunia Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Yep dont work for me either.. I am getting so sick of the people behind this game that i dont see myself buying anymore the sims games. The store has not been working for me since december '09
    I dont even want to waste time to put all that crap about my computer and game and what not, because it is clear it is happening to everyone by luck or bad luck i should say.
    I have been in contact with the support team 3, yes 3!!! times without any usable advice, it is ridiculous how they "help" their costumers. :evil:

• Options
    laprairielaprairie Posts: 52 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I am also not buying any more games until issues are fixed. I have not bought Ambitions yet, because of their inability to patch problems with WA, and with sims 2 I was at the store on release day.
  • Options
    krodenkroden Posts: 5
    edited September 2010
    This is stupid. All I wanted to download was the free stuff that was posted. I even reinstalled EADM because i thought that was the problem but nope it is still not downloading anything!
  • Options
    imbecillesimbecilles Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    so had this problem been fixed yet? i am having the same problem and i am just about to rip my hair off in frustration. i don't even see the use of the download launcher; it seems like it has been causing a lot of problems.
  • Options
    DaffiestkibbleDaffiestkibble Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I found the log..I have copied what was in it and have posted it here. Hope this helps and we can see an end to this soon!

0 [16:53:12:094] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    1 [16:53:12:095] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    2 [16:53:12:095] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    3 [16:53:12:095] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    4 [16:53:12:095] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    5 [16:53:12:095] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    6 [16:53:12:095] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    7 [16:53:12:095] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    8 [16:53:12:095] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    9 [16:53:12:095] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    10 [16:53:12:096] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    11 [16:53:12:097] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    12 [16:53:12:097] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    13 [16:53:12:097] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    14 [16:53:12:097] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    15 [16:53:12:097] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    16 [16:53:12:097] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    17 [16:53:12:097] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    18 [16:53:12:097] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    19 [16:53:12:097] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    20 [16:53:12:099] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    21 [16:53:12:100] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    22 [16:53:12:100] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    23 [16:53:12:100] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    24 [16:53:12:100] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    25 [16:53:12:100] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    26 [16:53:12:100] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    27 [16:53:12:100] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    28 [16:53:12:100] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    29 [16:53:12:100] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    30 [16:53:15:060] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    31 [16:53:15:061] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    32 [16:53:15:061] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    33 [16:53:15:061] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    34 [16:53:15:061] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;Sims3_EP02_SKU1 - missing url attribute
    35 [16:53:15:061] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    36 [16:53:15:062] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    37 [16:53:15:062] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    38 [16:53:15:062] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    39 [16:53:15:063] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(2)_ver2:;sims3_sku1 - missing url attribute
    40 [16:53:17:104] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    41 [16:53:17:104] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    42 [16:53:17:104] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    43 [16:53:17:104] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
    44 [16:53:17:104] Error Core::CoreContentItem GetBaseFileName Could not get base file name for CP_Guest_2024(3)_ver3:;ea_vault - missing url attribute
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited September 2010
    laprairie wrote:
    I am also not buying any more games until issues are fixed. I have not bought Ambitions yet, because of their inability to patch problems with WA, and with sims 2 I was at the store on release day.
    What's hilarious for me is that the Store worked fine -- until I installed WA. Then after some weeks it magically got fixed (I did nothing that impacted the issue; I just figure the site coders finally got off their rumps and got it working). After it got fixed I bought HELS and Ambitions -- and as soon as I installed Ambitions at the end of May it began happening again -- same error code and everything.

Honestly? I think it's calling the wrong version of Sims3 for downloading. Usually when the Store's working, on my Mac when I download bought items it pulls up a second matching icon of whatever Sims3 game I have installed and it does its thing, all is well. When the problem is occurring, it instead pulls up an icon of the previous release. For example, when I installed WA, it pulled up the generic Sims3 icon for a while, and after it was fixed it began using the correct WA icon. When I installed Ambitions, it began pulling up the orange WA icon, and I reckon it'll be that way till the coders fix it and then it'll pull up the pretty blue and green Ambitions icon and I'll know it's working again.

I'm not buying a dadgum thing from the Store till this is fixed. Luckily, my PC can download again (again, no idea what I did to fix that; I think the coders fixed it), so at least I have access to the stuff I've already bought and the freebies, and you bet I keep backups. But I don't really like having to transfer from one computer to the other like that.

ETA for SimGurus: I just got the update installed, and still can't download anything. At all. Not a thing. Out of about 5 pages of Store history.
  • Options
    jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2010
    I still can't download Business on the Top Vintage, Contessa Vintage, The Betty Blouse Vintage or the Gothique Living & Sleeping set. All of these items show purchased in my purchase history but yet if I go to the Store they show that they haven't been purchased.

EDIT sory for double post.
  • Options
    jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2010
    I still can't download Business on the Top Vintage, Contessa Vintage, The Betty Blouse Vintage or the Gothique Living & Sleeping set. All of these items show purchased in my purchase history but yet if I go to the Store they show that they haven't been purchased.
  • Options
    terisecheesemanterisecheeseman Posts: 8
    edited September 2010
    @simguruhydra i am having troubles downloading purchased items, there just not going to the launcher for some reason.

the version is 4.3.4.008001

i have downloaded successfully before but i dont know what happend, im on PC
    there is no error message and i dont know what EPS means.
    there are lots of items and clicking download again doesnt help.
    there all in my purchase history do i have to list them all?

*EDIT* the post i saw telling me to do this i think is pretty old, does it still count?
  • Options
    HanQinHanQin Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2010
    Is anyone still having problems downloading after the latest patch? I am.
  • Options
    JengajamJengajam Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2010
    HanQin wrote:
    Is anyone still having problems downloading after the latest patch? I am.

As am I. This is getting depressing.
    WE DEMAND ACTION!
  • Options
    grantk1998grantk1998 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2010
    for the third time I have un-installed everything they say in there directions.. total clean uninstall.. then reinstalled just like they say.. with all updates in order as the game installed...stupid me went and bought fast lane stuff updated and still cant get anything from the store that I have already bought...Why cant we get some help with this..bought fast lane hoping for fix... wont sucker me into the next one thats for sure..
  • Options
    dhamminahdhamminah Posts: 211 New Member
    edited September 2010
    me to.....who can help to fix tis cool problem!!
  • Options
    laprairielaprairie Posts: 52 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Why give them money if they won't fix what you already paid for? As long as we keep buying their crap, why should they fix anything? Boycott with your dollars!
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited September 2010
    laprairie wrote:
    Why give them money if they won't fix what you already paid for? As long as we keep buying their crap, why should they fix anything? Boycott with your dollars!
    That's kind of how I feel about it. As long as this issue is not fixed, I'm not buying Store stuff. I have to wonder why EA keeps releasing new content for the Store without fixing the glaring issues with the site's download functions, but all I can reckon is that those are two different departments. I'm intensely curious about how sales for the Store are doing--if sales dip low enough, you can bet more firepower will be put into fixing the site.

Either way, I'd really hate to be a Store artist right about now and have to work on new items when there are technical issues like this going on.

I also seriously doubt that reinstalling or using a different browser will help more than about 1% of users--that's a complete Hail Mary right there on EA's part. It'll work for a few people out of hundreds perhaps who actually have a browser setting problem or whose games genuinely got corrupted, but I'm still 100% convinced that the core issue remains with the site, not with users' computers, browsers, or game code.
  • Options
    angeleyez27angeleyez27 Posts: 17
    edited September 2010
    i am running windows vista. i can't downloade anything from the store even the free items. i keep getting a error code that says: There was an error Downloading Content Please Check Log for More Info.
  • Options
    dhamminahdhamminah Posts: 211 New Member
    edited September 2010
    i throught store will fix before fast lane out but iam wrong,3months till now
  • Options
    BooHoo2U2BooBooBooHoo2U2BooBoo Posts: 1,335 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

What platform/OS are you using?
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed?
    What items are you trying to download?
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)
    What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well.

Thanks Simmers.

I'm running 64-bit Vista home edition and previously could download items from the store with no problem. I have the Sims 3 base game, both EPs, and both SPs. They are installed and registered. I've tried downloading a number of items; the problem is universal, not related to any specific download.

My launcher shows Version 5.0.44.008001.

The message I receive states "There was an error downloading. Please see the log for details." Although I've contacted EA Customer Support and have sent screen shots, they've not come up with a solution. I've tried using IE Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox with the same error message received each time.

My internet connection is through Hughes Net.

FWIW, I can download from the Exchange with no problem. It's only store items that give me the error message.