Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

I have been very patient with this and have searched these forums and even google over and over and over for this particular error message.

When I try to download either the CE Car, the Vintage Car or Riverview the download MAY start. But instead of completing successfully in the Launcher/Download Manager, It says:

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

And displays the red slash sign. Subsequent efforts results in the same thing.

At first I thought it was the servers last night even though my friends could download things easily, so I decided to try bright and early this morning...no dice.

I am on a new iMac running 10.5.7 , and I have absolutely NO PROBLEMS running the game itself.

If anyone could offer some insight into this issue, I would be grateful.

Comments

• Options
    GibbesroyGibbesroy Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like your internet connection or router may be at fault. If you are not connected directly to your modem, try bypassing your router and see if things download properly.
  • Options
    Ev3nflowEv3nflow Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I tried putting my computer in the DMZ and tried directly to modem. Same thing. This needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    hl72653hl72653 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I got the same message the other night. I purchased a few things from the sims 3 store, and wasn't able to download them. If anyone finds out why this is happening, that would be great. I would hate to have paid money for all that I bought and not get the item. :(
  • Options
    NarumiNarumi Posts: 166 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This happened to me too.

Before redownloading, right click on the Launcher/Downloader Icon and select compatibility, then make sure "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" is checked and Windows XP (Service Pack 2) is selected (Even with Vista!).

Also, any computer restart will uncheck the box so make sure you check on that before downloading.

It's not showing in you purchase history cause it never downloaded the purchase because of the error, so it thinks it never happened.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Unfortunately, that doesn't apply to me as I am not on the lovely world of Windows.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Bumping this to ensure all can see.
  • Options
    JooohnJooohn Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Been having this same problem and it is driving me insane, using leopard 10.5.7 ....

*facedesk* :?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    TTT.

I wrote support more than 48 hours ago, and received no response yet.
  • Options
    cielomariecielomarie Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    same problem here and i'm so disappointed already...
    I should have bought the normal game rather than the collectors edition if I just could not download the cars.
  • Options
    JennyT1974JennyT1974 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having the exact same problem! I'm running Vista on my computer, did the compatibility thing that was mentioned above. Even downloaded Firefox. Still nothing! I keep getting that error message and the circle with the slash through it. And I've got the regular store version of the game. So don't feel bad!
    I'm hoping someone/anyone can give us a solution to this problem. It's really very frustrating to be able to download from the Exchange, but not anywhere else or anything else.
  • Options
    stevenforehandstevenforehand Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    same problem here. Running OS X 10.5.7. The game runs great but I cant download any content from the store or exchange.
  • Options
    CheddahCheddah Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had this problem too. I'm not sure if Im just a lucky one here, but I seemed to have found a quick fix. Close the Sims 3 launcher completely. Once that is done, log onto the Sims 3 website and go to your account page. Look at the tabs on the left side and click the one that says "My Account". Once you do that, It'll branch out more selections. Click "Purchase history". A list of all your downloads will be shown. Below each item will say "Download again". Do this ONLY ONE AT A TIME! If you download them all at once the same message will pop up and you will have to start over. I hope this helps. (FYI, I am on a Mac running Leopard 10.5.7)
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Cheddah wrote:
    Close the Sims 3 launcher completely. Once that is done, log onto the Sims 3 website and go to your account page. Look at the tabs on the left side and click the one that says "My Account". Once you do that, It'll branch out more selections. Click "Purchase history". A list of all your downloads will be shown. Below each item will say "Download again". Do this ONLY ONE AT A TIME! If you download them all at once the same message will pop up and you will have to start over. I hope this helps. (FYI, I am on a Mac running Leopard 10.5.7)

Sorry. I have tried this over and over and over myself to no avail.
  • Options
    CheddahCheddah Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hm. I must just be lucky O.o
  • Options
    YelanaYelana Posts: 170 New Member
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    A good link for those people who may be on Windows unlike me.
  • Options
    DalphinsDalphins Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey Ev3nflow,

I'm having the same issue as you. Did you finally find someone to help....I'm slowly losing patience...
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dalphins wrote:
    Hey Ev3nflow,

I'm having the same issue as you. Did you finally find someone to help....I'm slowly losing patience...

Unfortunately, no. The only help i've been offered has either been for Windows or someone getting extremely lucky. And i'm very ****** to say the least that I have these two cars and extra town that I cannot get to for no absolute reason.

Going on 6 days that I emailed support and have not received a response. I refuse to call their long distance number too. Give us a **** 800 number.
  • Options
    pkybear3pkybear3 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ev3nflow wrote:
    Dalphins wrote:
    Hey Ev3nflow,

Unfortunately, no. The only help i've been offered has either been for Windows or someone getting extremely lucky. And i'm very ****** to say the least that I have these two cars and extra town that I cannot get to for no absolute reason.

Going on 6 days that I emailed support and have not received a response. I refuse to call their long distance number too. Give us a **** 800 number.

Just to let you know calling doesn't help either... tk goodness I have free long distance. But anyway you are on hold from the beginning for over 20 minutes. Almost 5 days ago I was on the phone for 1 hour and the problems still have not been fixed. I cannot get anything I purchased, free town, or any of the free stuff. I get the 1KB with the red circle no matter what I have tried. And I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun. Oh and after the call just to let you know, they sent me thru to an advanced person whom I could not talk to they just email me off and on with stuff I already tried. Then didn't hear from anyone the whole weekend. They should realize by now it's an "overall" problem just not 1 or 2 people having the problem and fix it. Give us links just to download str8 instead of going thru a launcher maybe that would help.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey...bump.
  • Options
    lanieriloolanieriloo Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So it's been a few days since the last post on here, has anyone found a solution yet???
    I'm running on a Mac OS X 10.5.7 too, and finding support for the Sims is kind of impossible...
    :?
    After some trial and error I found out that I only get this error message when i download things from the Store. I can download from the Exchange just fine. Anyone having the same thing, or might have an idea why that is?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Because the store is a piece of crap...

And just to note, I sent an email to EA support exactly one week ago and have yet to receive a reply. Of course they say i'll receive one in 24-48 hours.

Well this is just the straw that broke the camel's back. I will not be buying any more EA products and I will protest my friends to do the same.
  • Options
    hilbilly_87hilbilly_87 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having the exact same problem, also on a Mac. It's very frustrating because the game works absolutely fine... they really should've made sure this store was properly working before releasing to the masses... it's getting a lot of loyal simmers' backs up!
  • Options
    Addison5Addison5 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    dude ya how come Mac 10.5.7 wont download the town... i tried gettin help via email and all they gave me was crappy windows advice
  • Options
    Caka1812Caka1812 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I contacted EA about this issue 2 fridays ago. I received an email asking me for my credit card account that I made the purchase with and me user name. I explained to them that I purchased the game at a store, and it was the downloaded content from the Sims store that was not appearing in my downloaded content. But it appears on my account that it was downloaded. After a week of hearing nothing I get a survey from EA asking what I thought of their CS. I check my account and saw that they never answered me and made the status unresolved. I did the survey and told them exactly what I thought of their CS. I'm so annoyed because nothing appears and they have no answer. I'm running windows vista.