Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

Comments

• Options
    fourfour44fourfour44 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm also having the same problem. The game runs perfectly fine on my 3 year old MacBook Pro. I had absolutely no problem at all downloading the Prius and the other free content (Fanta Fridge and Sponge stuff) but it will not allow me to download the free town. Getting stuff off the exchange is no problem at all, its just the free town that gives this error and there doesn't seem to be a way around it.
  • Options
    OliverMillingtonOliverMillington Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm on Windows XP. The game run's smoothly and have had no problem with it. However, today i put more SimPoints onto my acount so purchase one of the sets of furnature. Once i purchased it, a loading screen came up for ages. So i logged on on another computer and it said i had purchased the set.

So i went back to my computer and downloaded the set again via the 'download again' option. It opens in the Launcher. The green download sign appears, but dosen't actually physically seem to be downloading, since the bar does not move. About a minute later the red slash symbol appears.

Any suggestions?

(I've tried doing what the official guide says to: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_li=&p_sid=1d3zjxAj&p_sp=&p_faqid=22238&p_iid=0&p_created=&p_prod=&p_cat=&p_cv=&p_pv=&p_prods=&p_cats=&prod_lvl1=&prod_lvl2=&prod_lvl3=&cat_lvl1=&cat_lvl2=&cat_lvl3=&p_hidden_prods=&p_search_text=&p_new_search=&p_accessibility=&p_page=&p_lva=22238&nextlink= )
  • Options
    VerdesVerdes Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I've try downloading the Prius and Riverview, both free downloads, and neither of them are working. I get the message giving the go ahead to download. It takes me to the game launcher window and nothing happens.
  • Options
    misskacey17misskacey17 Posts: 123 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Same darn problem here. I'm using a Leopard mac. So far absoulutly no one has an answer or even a responce to this. For Sims 2 I had my game installed on a differenct computer then my internet was on. When I wanted to download I would just transfer from the internet computer then move it to the one that had my game. I attempted to this for The sims3 I got a message saying they could not locate my game, so I thought I wasn't allowed to download anything with out my game being installed on the same computer, but now I'm thinking there are other issues here.

Humm...

Does anyone know if you buy things from the sim store, are you able to transfer them to another computer?
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Same darn problem here. I'm using a Leopard mac. So far absoulutly no one has an answer or even a responce to this. For Sims 2 I had my game installed on a differenct computer then my internet was on. When I wanted to download I would just transfer from the internet computer then move it to the one that had my game. I attempted to this for The sims3 I got a message saying they could not locate my game, so I thought I wasn't allowed to download anything with out my game being installed on the same computer, but now I'm thinking there are other issues here.

Humm...

Does anyone know if you buy things from the sim store, are you able to transfer them to another computer?

I thought about that. But if you don't have the TS3 installed, then it wont work. It'll just say that it can't open it cause the software is not installed (The launcher and game). But if you install it, who knows.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SOLVED.

If you are having trouble download sets (like the Bayside one) then i have the solution.

Instead of download the whole set in one move, try download item by item instead of downloading the whole set. It's worked for me :)
  • Options
    liebejessiliebejessi Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    same problem. i'm also on a mac running leopard. it says i dont have the newest version available of the sims 3 to support downloads, but yet i'm fully up to date. help..?!
  • Options
    Ev3nflowEv3nflow Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is not solved in the least.

I got a response back from EA after SIXTEEN DAYS of waiting. And they simply told me to close background programs.

READ THE TICKET AND THE FORUMS EA. YOU'RE RIPPING US OFF.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey hey!! I downloaded a patch this morning that must have been released recently! I tried downloading my cars and

IT STILL DOES NOT WORK
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    UPDATE!!!

I received another response back from a higher level technician as I requested the ticket be escalated.

They wanted me to check my connection to an ULTIMA ONLINE server for this SIMS 3 issue. Also, they told me to download an .exe file which as I have told them time and time again I am on a MACINTOSH.

If this issue is not resolved I will be creating a blog for all of this and I will be keeping notes. I WANT WHAT I PAID FOR.
  • Options
    AyellowDayAyellowDay Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Cheddah wrote:
    I had this problem too. I'm not sure if Im just a lucky one here, but I seemed to have found a quick fix. Close the Sims 3 launcher completely. Once that is done, log onto the Sims 3 website and go to your account page. Look at the tabs on the left side and click the one that says "My Account". Once you do that, It'll branch out more selections. Click "Purchase history". A list of all your downloads will be shown. Below each item will say "Download again". Do this ONLY ONE AT A TIME! If you download them all at once the same message will pop up and you will have to start over. I hope this helps. (FYI, I am on a Mac running Leopard 10.5.7)

Thank you so much, it's now working just fine for me! :D
  • Options
    ElizabethWynElizabethWyn Posts: 187 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Luckily, downloading from the store works for me. But I'm sure as heck not giving them money for the store. So I can what? Buy stuff that was supposed to be included in the game, but EA decided that we should buy them again?

Anyways, my problems lie with the exchange.

Uploading sims who have CC on them to the exchange... It keeps saying 'error, do you want to debug'. No matter what I click, it shuts everything down. WTH?

Downloading sims from the exchange...takes a really long time, I get the rainbow pinwheel (I'm on a Mac OS X 10.5.7), and the content rarely ever downloads.

Come on EA, get your act together.
  • Options
    SossitySossity Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009

Hello All,

Not sure if this issue has been solved for you Mac-ers out there, but I, too, had the Error Downloading Content problem. Freaking frustrating! And Customer Service? What Customer Service?? The error actually seemed to pop up after I had installed a game update. I've had no trouble downloading and installing content in the past. But I just now seemed to "fix" my particular problem, and was hoping it might help you---

I discovered I had a download from the Exchange that would never install, but stayed in my "To be Downloaded" list, waaaay down at the bottom.. when the Error started, I tried to delete this one problem DL, but Sims would keep locking and timing out. So after a few Force Quits, I had to Select All under the downloads, and delete them. After I did this, I went back to my purchase history, and the problem seems to have gone away....

So for those of you still having problems.. go back through your Download Lists (Not your Installed Content!! Just the Downloads that you've either A) already downloaded and installed or B) have yet to download) in the Game Launcher, and either remove them all or see if you have any strays that were never installed and remove them... Just wanted to share.. (Hope this isn't a repeat suggestion! I didn't read every post in this thread..) Good luck...

- a fellow Mac Simmer

• Options
    celestejwilliamscelestejwilliams Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm having this problem too, and it JUST STARTED TODAY! o_O

This is weird, because I downloaded some stuff from the store a couple of days ago so, EA, quite sincerely 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is going on? Is the money that I spent on the game, as well as the money I spend on SimPoints not good enough for you?

Is this going to be a repeat of the Disk Authentication Failed error? Where I was told to email a error log that exists nowhere in my MACINTOSH Sims 3 files?

Just for the Sim "Guru"

I am using a Macintosh, as in an Apple iMac which is running Mac OSX 10.5.7.

Is that simple enough for you?

Let me put it this way ...

Steve Jobs not Bill Gates.

I spent $100 on the Collector's Edition of this game and I tired, oh so tired, of getting ****** around!
  • Options
    WaveyDaveyGraveyWaveyDaveyGravey Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Same here guys - iMac, Leopard, There was an error Downloading Content {0}

Sort it out!
  • Options
    Kairi029Kairi029 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm a PC user and I have the same issue. Thank God my Simpoints were free for just registering an account. I'd be so mad if I had actually paid money for this. I'm glad I'm not the only one, but they should fix this ASAP. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    D4nnyw14D4nnyw14 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm getting the same problem stuff i have payed for and free stuff won't download and after about 2 seconds i get a red circle with a slash through it. In the past i downloaded some stuff from the exchange and there was no problem. Anyone found a solution?
  • Options
    CandyCottonBlueCandyCottonBlue Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I was having the same problem BUT IT WORKS NOW! First my Download Manager wouldn't work, I called my ISP and found it the my virus protector (BitDefender) was secretly still blocking it after I turned it off. Second, I couldn't get my updates and things to download. I completely turned off my virus protector and it still wouldn't work! To make a long story short, I shut down the download manager and the EA download for the sims stuff completely and restarted my computer. (I have Vista) I turned it back on, came on this site to download the Sims 3 update. Once the update was downloaded, EVERYTHING worked. I was FINALLY able to get my collector's edition cars and my $10 sims points. Also able to download everything in the exchange. I went to purchase history and did all that since I had already attempted to download everything. It all works great now! :D

"People Should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people." - V for Vendetta

CandyCottonBlue
  • Options
    Simmer2009Simmer2009 Posts: 123 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Does anyone here know how to REMOVE custom content. Because i've did what everyone's been telling me (just delete the custom content or move it out of the packages folder) I've did this, but my custom content is all still there. I want to get rid of my sims faces are a slightly different shade of colour than my sims, and its SO annoying. I think it was caused by a terrible custom skin.
    I've reinstalled my game twice but the custom content STILL shows up.

Does anyone know if you can get a skin anywhere that overwrites ALL other custom skins???
    Or does anyone know how to fully uninstall cc.

If you have ANY information at all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reply.

Thankyou :)
  • Options
    Ferret802Ferret802 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm having the same problem... I'm using Windows XP and I downloaded content from the store just fine a few days ago. The error and the red slashed circle didn't appear until a few days ago, when I saw something I actually really WANTED ._. So now, I can't download anything from the store. At least it was the free points, and I didn't pay money just for a screw-up.

...It's kinda like the Xbox360's red ring of death ._.
  • Options
    SimmySimmerSimmySimmer Posts: 263 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am having the same problem. Running Window xp. I reinstalled my game and went to reinstall all the content that I had previously purchased and couldn't do it. Hope they fix this. If anyone has any answers please help us.
  • Options
    SimmySimmerSimmySimmer Posts: 263 Member
    edited August 2009
    I was having the same problem BUT IT WORKS NOW! First my Download Manager wouldn't work, I called my ISP and found it the my virus protector (BitDefender) was secretly still blocking it after I turned it off. Second, I couldn't get my updates and things to download. I completely turned off my virus protector and it still wouldn't work! To make a long story short, I shut down the download manager and the EA download for the sims stuff completely and restarted my computer. (I have Vista) I turned it back on, came on this site to download the Sims 3 update. Once the update was downloaded, EVERYTHING worked. I was FINALLY able to get my collector's edition cars and my $10 sims points. Also able to download everything in the exchange. I went to purchase history and did all that since I had already attempted to download everything. It all works great now! :D

"People Should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people." - V for Vendetta

CandyCottonBlue

If I understand correctly, everything worked after you installed the update (patch)? I really don't want to install the updates because I personally didn't like what it did to story progression. I hope there is another way to fix this. Thank you so much for the update Candy, I hope I will also get my downloads soon.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

CandyCottonBlue

If I understand correctly, everything worked after you installed the update (patch)? I really don't want to install the updates because I personally didn't like what it did to story progression. I hope there is another way to fix this. Thank you so much for the update Candy, I hope I will also get my downloads soon.

Sorry to sound stupid but how do you download the updates?
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm having the same problem with the store at the moment. It's been downloading objects fine, but just having the red icon as if items do not want to download. The Sims website also seems to be giving me "Oops the site is down at the moment" message too...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think it's patch 1.4 i need does any one have a link? I've tried the launcher and game updates but it just says unable to connect to EADM.