Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2011
    I is happy now that my items that I couldn't DL is now in my game:)
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited June 2011
    I just received a reply from them as well-
    Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Sorry for the delayed response. Because of our new launch 'The Sims 3 generations' we are getting a little higher than normal volume. . I can understand how frustrating it could be. Please be assured that I will try my best to resolve your issue.

I am very sorry to hear that you are not able to download contents/barnacle bay. However, Please go through the below mentioned link in troubleshooting:

Answer Title: I can't download or install content from The Sims 3 Exchange / Store
    Answer Link: http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/90

If issue still persist, I may suggest you to try the following troubleshooting instructions in order to correct this issue.

- Quit the game, if running and completely exit from the Sims 3 Launcher.
    - Open 'My Documents'. If you're using Windows Vista please refer to 'Documents' folder instead.
    - Double-click 'Electronic Arts'.
    - Right-click on The Sims 3 folder and choose 'Cut' from the pop-up menu.
    - Close the window. Right-click anywhere on the 'Desktop' and choose 'Paste'.
    - Now start the Sims 3 Launcher. You will need to re-download the items from the store.
    - Once you have re-downloaded your items, please try to install them.

I hope above helps, If you have any additional questions about your issue, please let us know.

Additionally, as a valued player, we would like to offer a small token of our appreciation in the form of an EA Store

$20 Discount - for the EA Store! This discount code does not have an expiration date, and can be

redeemed for any future purchase on http://store.ea.com.

Thank You,

Really???? You're giving more money that I can't spend here???? And, NO These suggestions have fixed the problem!!

thanks judywork1957! it has actually worked for me, and hoping it's working for others too, but still EA needs to rectify the situation, cos maybe some simmers, it's too hard to do this, they need a quick fix, but I for one has tried this and it has worked, thankyou for posting this!:)
  • Options
    MummyOfSevenMummyOfSeven Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2011
    The problem seems to have been fixed. I've managed to download the items that I've been trying to get all week. I will not, however, be holding my breath :wink:
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited June 2011
    MarLin114 wrote:
    brandi22...Tonight I downloaded Achievement items Home on the Range Grill, Hive of Knowledge Bookcase, Sleek Intellect 5010. Store purchases Kitchen Cage Hutch, Mother Brassbeard's Birdbath, Poseidon's Fury fountain.

Still getting the download errors here. VERY frustrating. :|

@ MarLin - Hmmm... interesting that all of the Store items that downloaded were old sets (or, at least, not marked "new.") But I guess the achievement awards are not old, so don't know what's going on there. In my case, it's only items from the sets marked "new" that are encountering the error message and will not download.

My troublemakers:

- Sharper Sim Foot Massage Chair (WHAT a disappointment that I cannot seem to download this one!) :(
    - Knick Knack Coffee Table
    - Antiqued Clock

Oddly enough, one of the new items downloaded - the Forever Living Plant. What the heck is going on here? :?: :!:

To the EA Techs: I would just like to note that when I go into the log, I get the message: "Store Download Failed. Download manifest server error," which would indicate that this is in fact an issue with EA's servers. Thank you for your help.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    Royas1994Royas1994 Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm pleased to note that after several days, I've been able to download the Barnacle Bay set today. It was frustrating, but I'm happy to have gotten the product I paid for, even if it did take a few days.
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited June 2011
    I am very happy to say that my problem has been fixed- I was just finally able to download and install everything, including Barnacle Bay!

I did have switch back IE though? When I was using firefox, I was and still am unable to download the items!! There are still some issue right now with the store- maybe it's overloaded now with everyone trying to get their stuff before anything breaks again?!!

I wish you luck Brandi- hope it works for you soon! Try switching your browser again?
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yay, finally able to finish the downloads in my purchase history, including the Generations rewards. Glad to say the phone is working properly, YAY!
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @blewis and judywork - Which version of IE are you using? I am using IE and continuing to get the same old error messages today.

Same problem ever since Monday. I really wish EA would fix this up so that I, too, can enjoy being able to download again.

To those whose downloads are working:

1. Which items were able to successfully install? Were they items from the new sets?

2. What browser were you using that allowed you to download?

Please post this info in your responses to this thread, if you wouldn't mind.

In my case, the only errors I've had were items from the new sets: Sharper Sim Massage Chair, Knick Knack Coffee Table, and Antiqued Clock.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I did have switch back IE though? When I was using firefox, I was and still am unable to download the items!! There are still some issue right now with the store- maybe it's overloaded now with everyone trying to get their stuff before anything breaks again?!!

I wish you luck Brandi- hope it works for you soon! Try switching your browser again?

Thanks for the tip. I actually am using IE as my default browser and am still getting the error messages. I also tried Firefox and Google Chrome. If you wouldn't mind answering, which items were able to install for you? I think they may be working because they are the items EA has fixed, while other Store items have been "left behind."
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, still same old story for me. Continuing to get this error message ever since Monday. Just wanted to update to let the techs know that, once again, this issue has not been corrected for everyone.

The item I tried to download this morning was the massage chair. I am also unable to download the Knick Knack Coffee Table and Antiqued Clock. I don't know why this issue still has not been corrected. I am getting server errors in the log.

Why has this issue been fixed for some and not others? I'd like to be on "the list" of those who no longer get these errors this week. Again, I have purchased SimPoints I am unable to use as these errors are preventing downloading. This needs to be fixed for ALL of us.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited June 2011
    brandi22 wrote:
    @blewis and judywork - Which version of IE are you using? I am using IE and continuing to get the same old error messages today.

Same problem ever since Monday. I really wish EA would fix this up so that I, too, can enjoy being able to download again.

1. Which items were able to successfully install? Were they items from the new sets?

In my case, the only errors I've had were items from the new sets: Sharper Sim Massage Chair, Knick Knack Coffee Table, and Antiqued Clock.

I only use Firefox for this site. IE doesn't work for me in any part of the forums or the store. I was able to install sets from May and June, the new Ford set, Generations rewards, and a couple of items from the Gothic set.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    LadieJLadieJ Posts: 7
    edited June 2011
    blewis823 wrote:
    brandi22 wrote:

I only use Firefox for this site. IE doesn't work for me in any part of the forums or the store. I was able to install sets from May and June, the new Ford set, Generations rewards, and a couple of items from the Gothic set.

I used firefox, I downloaded the fiesta and prius, barnacle bay, and a few clothes and hairstyles, not sure which sets they're from.
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2011
    Brandi - my guess is that it's not fixed for certain "people" but rather certain items. If the massage chair is not dl'ing people will definitely be screaming about it, as it's not cheap, so I'm sure everything will be fixed - eventually. EA certainly doesn't want to lose money and I would guess that they would believe by now that it is widespread enough to not be peoples' computers - or rather, the conflict is with certain setups (like Windows 7 or something) and affects enough people that they need to address it. The thing is, some of these items used to work and now don't - Olympian Physique dl'd just fine when I bought it a month ago or so, but did not dl for me after my reinstall.

Sorry if I missed this - did you try the cut and paste thing yet? I know it worked for some people, including me. Close the launcher, cut the Sims 3 folder (from Documents, not Programs) and dl from the store (w/o the launcher open - the dl will automatically open the launcher and recreate the Sims 3 folder). If that works, yay! Then paste your original Sims 3 folder back in, let it overwrite what's there if necessary. Worst case, back up your games, do a complete reinstall then try all those steps - that was my scenario. If I wasn't very clear in any of this, send a shout-out to me!

I still believe that something in Generations or the patch right after changed something in the Sims 3 folder which is conflicting with the latest Store items. I really hope you get it working!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    UPDATE: Issue was fixed for me after downloading the latest patch.

It seems that new Store items WILL NOT download for some unless the latest patch has been installed. I really hope EA will consider making a note of this somewhere on the site. This was a very frustrating issue for me to deal with, and it took up a week of my time, on and off the forums and customer service, when all I had to do was update my game.
    Literally NOTHING ELSE worked.

I am very grateful this problem was fixed for me, but that does not help the (perhaps thousands) of others who do not know the simple fix for this. Even if EA is working on a fix for this conflict, there should be a temporary notice issued that new store items may not install unless the game has been updated to the most recent patch.

Thanks to another Simmer's advice, (Reachsims,) I found out that updating was the way to go - so I know I am not the only one who ran into this problem.

I truly hope EA will do something to let their customers know that this issue exists, and the solution is to update the game. In the meantime, hope this post is helpful to any who are still getting the error messages!

P.S.
    It may also be helpful to install the latest version of the EADM (Origin,) and make sure it is up to date. I had it installed for the past week, but installed an update today.
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    haleyquakehaleyquake Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I am having the exact same problem, also on mac.
    Very frustrated with EA about this. I BOUGHT THINGS from their store, and am unable to download it. This is completely unprofessional, and I can't wait to hear back from someone about this. They will get an earful.
  • Options
    perleroseperlerose Posts: 248 Member
    edited January 2012
    Having the same problem on PC. I can't install sims3packs or download anything from the store. D:
  • Options
    SimGuru_MobiusSimGuru_Mobius Posts: 69
    edited January 2012
    Hello haleyquake and perlerose,

Have you made sure that you have installed the latest patch for The Sims 3? If you have not recently updated your game client, please go to http://help.ea.com/article/patches-for-the-sims-3-pc and follow the steps listed to make sure that your copy of The Sims 3 is fully updated, as you will not be able to download new Store items until the most recent patch has been applied.

If you are still having difficulties downloading the content that you purchased, you may wish to make sure that the applicable items have been installed to your game (see http://help.ea.com/article/i-cant-see-the-item-i-purchased-from-the-sims-3-store-in-my-game for more details).

Should you have any further questions, please post back.

((Mobius))
  • Options
    perleroseperlerose Posts: 248 Member
    edited January 2012
    I patched every game as I installed it, so it's definitely up to date.

All downloaded sims3packs are in the downloads folder, and appear in the launcher, but attempting to install them freezes then crashes the launcher. Downloading directly from the store doesn't work, never mind installing.
  • Options
    theolastheolas Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    i have all my custom content not showing up and the dash board said they are installed pleases help

and my versions is up to date my stuff is just not showing up in game and i uninstalled 2 time to try to fix it
    i am having this problem ever since i installed showtime
  • Options
    Prawny-StrawnyPrawny-Strawny Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    I followed those steps, but can't even find purchase history. Why dont the support people reply!? I will not give up till my content is downloaded, otherwise i've wasted money! Grrrrr
  • Options
    lolalola1234ddalolalola1234dda Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    Same here i tried to download araua skies
  • Options
    shelbyhlengyelshelbyhlengyel Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I purchased $20 worth of simspoints and then i purchased a lot of stuff. Now all the stuff I purchased won't show up. I purchased lots of clothes and house stuff and hairstyles and they won't show up in downloads in my game launcher. I have a macbook pro! HELP!
  • Options
    TheXilanTheXilan Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Do you have any expansion packs installed and if so which ones?
  • Options
    gyokarisgyokaris Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    It seems that this is an ONGOING issues that EA is either refusing to fix or doesn't care enough about its MAC users to figure out. (Side note: I've been playing TS since the VERY FIRST ONE came out. I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on ALL the Sims products and it saddens me that I am unable to enjoy the same things as the non-MAC users (i.e. the World Creator!)) Moving on, I have been trying to download the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty for 24+ hrs and I keep getting this message! I've been checking through ALL of my downloaded content and it is NOT THERE. It is under my purchase history, however. Regardless, why would I pay for something I CAN'T USE?

I've tried everything in my power, short of completely uninstalling ALL of my games and clearing EVERY file (because lets be honest, I've spent TOO much time on my families and stories to even consider this as an option!). Any of my MAC people have any suggestions that have worked for them? This is the first time I've had this issue and I'm guessing it could be because it's new content to the store?