Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There was an error Downloading Content {0}

Comments

• Options
    HelenasimsHelenasims Posts: 41 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I bought and installed Long Hair With Veil -Longer hair, side-swept bangs with pretty bridal veil.

I have windows 7, a great new laptop with more than enough everything. Have installed ALL expansion packs and updated game so have the latest version.

It says it HAS downloaded- already isntalled but DOESNT SHOW UP ANYWHERE. NOT CREATE OR WHEN YOU CHANGE APPEARANCE. IT WAS A 100 POINTS.....WHICH I PAID FOR. WHATS THE PROBLEM?
  • Options
    GussgoosGussgoos Posts: 12
    edited September 2010
    Greetings,

What platform/OS are you using?

Windows Vista

Which EPs/SPs do you have installed?

World Adventure EP and High -End Loft Stuff

What items are you trying to download?

So Many items

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.

There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details.

Any other details like internet connection would be helpful as well.

The internet connection is Wirless DSL :hunf:
  • Options
    savuti6savuti6 Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2010

Like Many Simmers who have already posted to this site I am having the same problem
    I am able to install downloaded content off the exchange, sim sites but NOT from :oops: EA Store.
    I have have been playing Sims since The Sims first came out and deliberately waited over 6 months after the game was released before buying my copy of Sims 3 Ambitions, HELS and Ambitions. I noted that many people were having problems downloading after installing the Ambitions pack and so deliberately did not install it. I really want Riverview in my game ( love Don)
    My problem is slightly different as I bought my games in the US and am playing from Africa (EA Support say the store sites aren't compatible?
    My Game plays fine I have a high end gaming computer I have read and reread all 26 pages pertaining to this problem I have tried adjusting my Firefox admin settings downloading one item at a time, closing and opening my browser and still no joy since this thread started over 8 months ago now, I just cannot understand the lack of response from EA on this matter.
    The problem seems to be with the Downloads Dashboard and the message "Queuing for Downloads" but nothing then happens, why does this only happen for Sims 3 packs and yet we can successfully download from "unofficial" sites?!!
    I have been through numerous "teething" problems with the Sims over the years , Blue Screens, secure roms et al but this take the cake in my opinion.."FREE DOWNLOADS" 1000 "FREE" simpoints (I don't think so!) It seems to me this whole Store thing is still running in Beta and once again we are all acting as EA's guinea pigs
  • Options
    TofuwarriorTofuwarrior Posts: 13
    edited September 2010
    windows 7 32 bit

the base game sims 3 (getting sims 3 ambitions)

rockabilly colffure,Whine-mo E-mo, franken-hair, dark midnight buffet table, junior captain's helmet, old simogany desk, more halloween treats,just in jest hat, captain's helmet, dramatic curls, ev pack, riverview, weba yafoo!, Goal!, rock in roll teen, speedy styles, and adrenaline rush.

What version of the game are you running?

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items?
    if downloading in game it says "There was an error downloading. Please see log for details." If im download in the launcher it says it was successfully download, but when i exit out of launcher and go back in the items that were successfully download our not shown in the installed content box plus there is no icon on the item in downloads stating that the item is in game. :x

i have comcast cable internet
  • Options
    karalovessimskaralovessims Posts: 217
    edited September 2010
    Windows 7

EPs: High-End Loft, World Adventures, and Ambitions and what does SPs mean? Service Packs? :P

Most of the items I've tried to download are free stuff, like the Registration Rewards and free t-shirts.

What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example)

What error message are you seeing (if any) when trying to download Store items? A screenshot would be very helpful as well.
    I don't know how to do a screenshot, so here's exactly what it's saying: "There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details."

I'm using Hughes Net and I have 100.0 mbps.

I hope we can all get this fixed. :)
  • Options
    delightfuldelightful Posts: 29 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I have been able to download from the store. I use Firefox. Recently I bought points and they charged my card 3x in error. Due to this I recieved a $20 coupon code that could only be used @ the EA store so I downloaded the EADM. Now when I try to download from the SIMS3 store I keep getting a "log in to continue box" that pops up with the launcher. I put my username and password in and the box continues to pop up 4 or 5 more time. then I get another box "error not logged in" I uninstalled EADM but am still getting the same box.
    What platform/OS are you using? windows 7
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? Base,WA,Ambitions, High End Loft, Fast Lane

What version of the game are you running? 5.0.44.008001
    not sure how to screen print so I cannot give one.
    Seems like the problem started after i downloaded the game manager.And the coupon code they game me doesn't even work! :thumbdown:
    How can I check to see if all of the download manager has been deleted? I have a Toshiba satellite laptop.
  • Options
    Cindy611Cindy611 Posts: 9
    edited September 2010
    SimGuruHydra wrote:
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who are having issues downloading items from the TS3 Store, please provide the following to help us investigate:

Thanks Simmers

OS- Windows 7
    EPs/SPs- All
    Items trying to download- Everything in my purchase history will not download. Even things I have previously downloaded. I luckily had them saved in another folder so I could reinstall what I already had downloaded prior to Ambitions.
    Game Version- 5.0.44.008001
    Error Message- There was an error while downloading content. Please see log for more details.
    Internet Connections- Wildblue. I too have been told it is my internet connection like DarkAmaranth1966. I also live where I don't have any other choice, but satelite or dial-up.
  • Options
    countrysideguy96countrysideguy96 Posts: 467
    edited September 2010

I don't know how to do a screenshot, so here's exactly what it's saying: "There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details."

I'm using Hughes Net and I have 100.0 mbps.

I hope we can all get this fixed. :)

You can use the Snipping Tool from windows to get a screenshot and go to imageshack.us to upload the pic. It's free! :-)
    Just saying...

Wow!, 100mbps! :D:D
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited September 2010
    I was downloading with satellite(wild blue)just fine until the end of May. Had not had any prob's until Ambitions. Don't think it's the game though. From what I've read some people didn't have it and they got the same store problem. So that leaves the patch.
  • Options
    LilZairaGraceLilZairaGrace Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited September 2010
    momboqueen wrote:
    I was downloading with satellite(wild blue)just fine until the end of May. Had not had any prob's until Ambitions. Don't think it's the game though. From what I've read some people didn't have it and they got the same store problem. So that leaves the patch.

That is my exact story and I'm sticking to it! We have the same exact issue, I too believe it was something to do with that patch!
  • Options
    Nick_TanNick_Tan Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Hey everyone,

I've got the same problem right here.

Windows 7 Home Edition.

Sims 3, World Adventures, and Ambitions. No SPs.

Every store download I've tried has failed, including Riverview. The Exchange works, though.

There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details.

Any help would be appreciated!
  • Options
    weyeweye Posts: 1
    edited September 2010

Mac OSX 10.5.7

World Adventures, High End Loft, & Ambitions

Almost all downloads have had this error. Latest are: Ultimate Career Bundle and Un 'do

"There was an error Downloading Content {0}"

I've had this error since I installed Ambitions. Thought the last patch would fix it but it still hasn't. Tried using other browsers, clearing cookies, a fresh install... still has the same error. Also, my HEL SP isn't recognized in the launcher but all the content works in the game.
  • Options
    porkypineporkypine Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2010
    When is EA going to fix the download manager? It seems that EA is more concerned about people illegally 'sharing' content that it is willing to totally tick off the honest userbase byt making it impossible to install stuff because of their anti-share code hidden in the download manager - that 'anti-share' code doesn't get along with Windows 7.

I know that is the problem because as an experiment, I installed Basegame only on a Vista 32 machine and I was able to download and install some store stuff. However, I DO NOT use that computer to play games so I downloaded my store stuff and brought it to my game computer, which is Window 7 and it refuses to intall my stuff that I PURCHASED. EA is preventing me for using my own PURCHASED product.

The sad thing is that I really like Sims.. unfortunately, I will not buy their new expansion pack until they fix this store issue. I recommend we all boycott EA to make them listen and 'encourage' them invest in hiring staff to fix this problem.

I know how EA works. They hire on contracts for 6 or 9 months and let everyone go. - very little staff continuity - To save money, they eliminated their bug check (quality-assurance) crew and release EP's for sale to let us users do their bug checking for them. That is a prime example of crap-tacular capitalism at work.

EA.. SIMS is popular and one of your best market items with a long standing user base. If you continue to abuse your players, they will get so frustrated that they will not buy your product.

You are ruining SIMS. Give it back to Maxis.
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited September 2010
    I seriously don't know why the Store suddenly began working a few days ago. I did have to reinstall the game, but I'd done that before to absolutely no effect. Certainly I didn't mess with my Win7 box and it works fine there too. After preliminary tinkering with CC it seems to be working still, so I got a bunch of stuff from the Store and will purchase the EP when it comes out -- though a big part of me expects the Store to conk out again the day the EP's needed patch comes out!

PS: While on my spending spree, I tried for 15 minutes today to gift a very talented young lady who had thoughtfully covered up her wishlist's click link! Anybody know the direct link to get to someone's wishlist for next time? ETA: Never mind, I figured it out :)
  • Options
    x3CutiePiex3x3CutiePiex3 Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Sims 3 base game
    sims from the exchange
    internet connection: verizon fios
    i hope you guys can fix the problem... :)
  • Options
    JofefJofef Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    OK...Four months now, can't get stuff that I bought and paid for before, and they expect me to want to pay $17 for a city or $30 for a bunch of cars? I think they SERIOUSLY need to start considering refunds or batching our purchase histories and mailing them to us, (or give us a mirror site to download from that actually works!) Anybody still considering the whole class-action thing? No more Sims for me till the techs "working" on this figure out that their brains aren't something to play catch with or use as whoopie cushions, and fix this problem. My wife says its actually the Llamas working in their Tech Support department, I say the Llamas would have it fixed by now
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    edited September 2010
    Whats wrong with the store! I used to download items from the store but after i reinstalled my game it doesnt download anymore, keep asking me to see log, but where's log? i've turned my domain firewall off and internet protect mode off but nothing seem to help at all. :cry: Now i cant even download items under my purchase history. Anyone please..please help me.

My OS system : Window 7
    EPs: WA, HELs, FLs
    Latest patch: 5.0.44.008001
    EDAM installed

The Sims Game
  • Options
    HanQinHanQin Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2010
    Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit
    WA, HEL
    Purchase History items from the store
    internet connection: 3Mbps

Does EA intend to fix the problem at all? I'm getting impatient. :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    GDawgGDawg Posts: 4
    edited September 2010
    I apologize if this solution have been mentioned but since I just happened to be able to download and install, I thought I'd share (but too lazy to go all through this thread to check).

In the option menu where you choose the game to start (the one after the intro) there's 'open download dashboard' at the very bottom. Open that and it loaded all the stuff I've purchased but that wasn't installed. I clicked on 'install' for each and it downloaded and installed for me.
  • Options
    Niki_NyokoNiki_Nyoko Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I was having the same issue, but I found that mine was due to network security. so just something to think about if your having issues.

I went elsewhere (in my house, not a diffrent internet) s I could plug directly into the wall and bypas my wireless which is a high security network I found out, my downlodes worked just fine after that with the exseption of Barnacle Bay... I still cant get that to work, my lancher dosnt even say its downloading, just opens the lancher when I download it from the store and thats all, but riverview works fine.
  • Options
    DelilahjonesDelilahjones Posts: 12
    edited September 2010
    I purchased the Sims 3 in January of 2010. I downloaded the game. I was able to purchase and download items with the point bundle I received when I signed up on the website. At the time I was using Comacast cable internet. I was able to download items from the store frequently and had no issues (other than occasionally having to make a second attempt to download).

In June I moved to an area where neither cable internet nor dsl are available. We signed up for high speed wireless internet, through wildblue, as there were no other options but dial up.

Since the move I have been unable to download anything from the store or the exchange. I really would like to purchase barnacle bay, but won't because I'm sure I will run into the same problem.

Nothing has been changed on my computer, I am using the same OS and browser (firefox) that I have used since I purchased the game. I have tried using IE to no avail. I have tried using the download dashboard in game. The items show up on the list as being available for download (as opposed to the items I purchased pre-move that list as "installed), but when I try to download them, nothing happens. I have tried following the instructions posted on these boards to no avail.

I firmly believe that the issue I'm facing has to do with my internet service. For some reason the store doesn't want to work with my satellite internet carrier and cancels the download.

P.S.
    Though I'm 99% certain that the issue is having Wild Blue satellite internet, I'll answer the questions:

The OS I'm using is Windows Vista

I have The Sims 3 Base game, World Adventures, High End Loft & Ambitions

I've tried to download free items from the store and sims/lots from teh exchange

I'm at work now so I can't check the game version, but last night I checked and it was the most recent version. The EADLM is the most current version as well.

There was an error while downloading content. Please see the Log for more details

I'm using Wild Blue satellite, the fastest speed they offer for residential use

• Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hey, I don't know if this'll help anybody else, but here goes:

Mac, Snow Leopard, fully updated systm. I stopped being able to download the very day the Ambitions patch came out (not the expansion -- the patch that lets Ambitions work), around the end of May. Exchange worked fine, but the Store gave "unknown error."

I had to reinstall twice during this time for other reasons, but the Store still continued not to work till this week, at which point I went on a spending spree.

While reinstalling my old exports, Exchange files, and CC, I tested every few installs to make sure it'd continue to work. And it did, though the icon it pulled took longer and longer to appear (I suspect just as I re-add stuff memory is becoming an issue).

Today, I reinstalled a boatload of old export lots I'd made a year ago. One of them caused the Store to start giving "uncaught exception" errors.

WELL. I immediately uninstalled all six or so of them. I strongly suspect a castle I did is causing the issue, but don't know which of the six is the specific problem.

Suddenly the Store is working again.

If EA wants me to send along the castle, glad to do so.

I did every one of these lots, and most don't use a lot of CC except Store items.
  • Options
    karalovessimskaralovessims Posts: 217
    edited September 2010
    You can use the Snipping Tool from windows to get a screenshot and go to imageshack.us to upload the pic. It's free! :-)
    Just saying...

Wow!, 100mbps! :D:D

Thanks! I'll have to try that sometime.

btw, I love your avatar. It's cute.(:
  • Options
    luv2writesimsluv2writesims Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2010
    What platform/OS are you using? Windows 7
    Which EPs/SPs do you have installed? All
    What items are you trying to download? Barnacle Bay
    What version of the game are you running? You can see this on the bottom left of your Launcher (it will say Version: 4.0.00.000000 for example) Version 5.044.008001

X Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may nto have the approporiate permissions to access the item.

When I selectg okay, I get this message:

X unable to open this helper appliaton for ....'23962@encryptedAuthToken=InbCdD6fAeOND8AcYXJcXPRWZH9vkfVGiKo9nIaOg-MAQqc...

The protocaol specified in this address is not valid. Make sure the address is correct, and try again.
  • Options
    delightfuldelightful Posts: 29 New Member
    edited September 2010
    I have just started having issues with the store. My last successful update was in August when I downloaded Provence,Wedding attire and the free bundle with the black desk. I have never had an issue with downloads on my laptop. Did not change anything but I did install Fast Lane EP. I started getting the "log in to continue" box, that continuously pops up no matter how many times you put in your password. On the other had I have always had issues with downloading from the store on my desktop it has always given me the login box. Both computers are on the same internet connection. I uninstalled all my games today and reinstalled the base game only. When I try to download, the launcher pops up, download starts but I get the red circle with the slash thru it under status. When I hoover my mouse over the circle it says We're sorry( they got that right!)but the product could not be downloaded at this time. Please try again later. I have loaded 5 sims cash cards and can't use my points, can't download previous purchases. :thumbdown: